On The Shores of Despair (Part 4)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[i:3voq9lw4]That is most interesting, though how would another planet's alignment to ours correspond with anything that is going on here?[/i:3voq9lw4] the wolf asked Cinder.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" Aurora i will give you a short lesson in Astrology" she patted him and scratched his ear.

" The planets effect our planet, eg they are intense forces of energy all of different kinds, so when they are at different degrees apart they interacted in different ways each have an unique type of energy, as does our planet. When they are conjunct there is an affect when the are in opposition there is an effect to each other and to our planet.

What is happening will have an effect quite directly. How i would have to studied more closely i have not been watching the planets lately but my trainer mentioned something years ago. Sometimes these things slip my mind. "

She laughed.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian searched among the wreckage, searching for anything that could tell him what had happened or triggered the disaster. After several minutes of effort he realized that he would have no way or recognizing any clues that he might turn up. He simply was not well-trained in magic.

"Anything, Veraka?"
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Suddenly they appeared at the back of the cave, she was glad to see them most of all Adain.
"What did you see?" Cinder's curiousity was getting the better of her.
" Does any one want some of this wine or some tea?"
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka looked around, his sensitivity to magic telling of latent effects still in the area. Some areas glowed like those of a wizards magic, others not a hint on them.

"I'm getting plenty of faint traces, but nothing tangible to explain what could have happened here," the aasimar replied to Adian. "Well, me thinks that we should be getting back to Cinder and Aurora."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

He nodded.

"Back to base," he said.

He led the way back to the rocks and tapped out the third pattern, and *poof*. They were back to the entrance hall with the hot spring a few short steps away and the rest of the group a few steps after that.

"Just us," Adian said. "More questions, very few answers."
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" I found something i missed before " she said rather excited about it as well as seeing Adain she poured every one flasks of wine. " It is not much just a planetary alignment that is coming largest planet in our system is as close as it comes every 200 years now. Two other outer planets that come closeness about every 600 give or take, are almost at the panicle of there closeness which will be in about a month. It is rare that these planets that are in a conjunction are nearest our planet together at the same time. There is also a opposition at the same time "

She sat close to Adain trying to show him and the others and trying to explain using the diagram and other pieces of literature on the subject as best she could, with her arm around his she leaned into him affectionately.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian stared at the mess of calculations and symbols and couldn't begin to guess what was going on. He [i:3p2ph8wg]did[/i:3p2ph8wg] get that [i:3p2ph8wg]something [/i:3p2ph8wg]was going to be happening in a month or so because of it.

"I'm having a hard time drawing a line between what that has to do with what's going on here right now, though. This place or the light of the lake..."

Another idea began to dawn on him.

"These notes wouldn't be here if there wasn't some connection, though..." he said slowly. "Maybe this...pinnacle is connected to the 'living light'. Again, though, that's only speculation. The only place we'll find the truth is the cave...maybe that's the 'secondary lab' the writer was talking about."

He looked around at the others to see if any of them could spot a flaw in his notion.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" Yes Adain isn't light a source of energy, like planets are massive sources of energy. All this talk of planetary alignments are a major events in our solar system. If you have energy sources moving together there is an affect, depending on the house they are moving in will determine what kind of effect, and there is the added oppositional planet that will be in the opposite house. Each house determines the effects of how the planets are effected. Hopefully there will be other astrology books in the other cave, there is certain to be more clues."
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Houses? In the stars? What?

"Okay, everyone," Adian said. "I think we may have rested enough. It's time we headed for our objective. As soon as we're all ready we'll move out."

Perhaps the mysteries of here and the lake could be solved there.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka let the two talk about their findings, just listening in for whatever little hint he could make out in the conversation.

When Adian spoke that they should get a move on, Veraka didn't argue, though he did keep an eye on Adian, well more Cinders movements.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

It is not actually houses like buildings " Cinder giggled " It is divisions of the heavens they are divined in 12 equal parts (Houses) each house has 30 degrees in the circle the planets move around the circle like a clock."

Kinda like this Adain ..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMZETRh8iOw..... :) Verake...lol

Cinder started packing her things, she put on her white leather pants and fur boots she pulled over her white sweater a finely woven silver colour mail shirt that was particularly strong. her amethysts incrusted daggers were secured.

" So Adain what is this talk we are suppose to have I have been wondering about that" she said as she secured one of the pack horses."
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Why not just call them 'arc's or something then," Adian muttered.

"Ah," he said as she asked about the talk. "Right. Erm...well...yes." Good grief, how to put this? "Before we start any kind of um...relationship, there's something you have to understand.

"Everything...personal in my life," he said rather reluctantly. "Has to come second to my service to the Dark Maiden. Everything, everyone. I trust her to not require me to sacrifice them in the course of my service, but...if I must...

"This is my calling," he said, stressing the necessity for her to understand. "My duty, my life. If you can accept that then...well...we can, um, explore our relationship. If not..."

He really, really hoped she would understand. Part of him hoped that she would not find it acceptable and end this budding attraction. But a part of him most emphatically did [i:1pa091c3]not.[/i:1pa091c3]
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" What do you mean arc??"

" Well ya Adain that kinda goes with out saying I figured that out on site " She answerd him.

" It will be as you wish "
" I was not raised in the underdark and my loyalies will be to the goddess as well, Allways "
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Well...an arc is a piece of a circle," Adian said. "So it just makes more sense to call them 'arcs' than 'Houses' doesn't it?"

Her answers also confused him a bit.

"So...you're okay with it?" he asked. "Well...good. I guess we can, um, continue to enjoy one another's company then."