Scout Camp

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Scout Camp

Post by Tyrmer »

“Hey, what happens if I press this, man?” Says Calum as they stumble into the smoky room off the museum in Edinburgh. ”No, don't touch that!” Says a man with a weird hairdo, emerging from the chemical smelling smoke. Too late...

Eight red outlines are left in the Doctor's lab where a moment ago, eight Scouts stood. ”Bugger!” The Doctor exclaims as they disappear. ”Fifty years of painstaking research and all ruined by a bunch of meddling scouts!”

The eight scouts feel a sudden sense of falling, they here the rushing of wind and there, just on the cusp of hearing is the clicking of dice. Suddenly they land on a hard stone floor. It is totally pitch black. Various themes on the words “ow” and “excrement” are used and slowly the Scouts get up and feel around. Comic meetings ensue which will be left to various dirty minds to fill in. ”Ok, who's here?” Says one voice in the darkness. “I refuse to ask, “where am I” however.” ”I'm here John.” Replies another voice. ”I landed on something soft though.” “Jonty get off me!” Replies an irate voice from somewhere lower down. “Oh, sorry David. Hey, where's Calum?” ”Gff ff mff!” Comes from somewhere even lower down. ”Oh sorry Calum.” Says David, pushing Jonty off him and standing up, feeling around.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Arveene Evenwood
Maid
Maid

Post by Arveene Evenwood »

[color=green:5e39ana6]“Hey, I lost Dave!”[/color:5e39ana6] Exclaims a voice in the dark, what will he do without his precious stick? [color=green:5e39ana6]“DAVE, where are you?”[/color:5e39ana6]
[color=blue:5e39ana6]
“Shamus, you're ON TOP of me!”[/color:5e39ana6] Says the only female voice in a muffled manner. Shamus looks down and guesses who he's on top of...

[color=green:5e39ana6]“Oh sorry Aimee darling, you haven't seen Dave anywhere have you?” [/color:5e39ana6]He says, still searching for his precious stick.
[color=blue:5e39ana6]“I'll steal your hat if you don't get off me.”[/color:5e39ana6] The other voice says icily.

[color=green:5e39ana6]“GAH!” [/color:5e39ana6] Shamus scrambles to get off and lands on the floor, hard.

[color=orange:5e39ana6]“OW!”[/color:5e39ana6] Comes another voice. [color=orange:5e39ana6]”I found Dave.”[/color:5e39ana6] [color=green:5e39ana6]”Thanks Adam.”[/color:5e39ana6] Shamus says gratefully, accepting the stick from the general direction of Adam's voice.

[color=brown:5e39ana6]“Will you shut up about your stupid stick!?” [/color:5e39ana6]Comes another voice from underneath Aimee. [color=brown:5e39ana6]“That bit of firewood hit me on the head!”
[/color:5e39ana6]
"Girly Cloud's Limit Break is Break Down in Girlish Tears, which causes the enemy to feel so guilty it runs away." - My good friend Firefly99 :devil: Apologies go to Cloud. :angel:
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

“Hey!” Calls John. ”Do not insult Dave the Legendary Stave! He saved our butts from freezing in the rain when we came across that bamboo on Summer Camp. OUCH!” He walked into an outcrop of what felt like cold, dry stone. He feels around and finds a flattish rock big enough to sit on. He sits on it and pulls his lighter out of his pocket. ”Well whatta you know? These Gouranga lighters might come in useful after all.” He lights it and gets blinded by the sudden light. From the cries of pain from the others he presumes that they are too. “Ahh, John did you HAVE to do that? I think my eyes just packed in.” Comes David's reply. ”I'm sure I'll live without my eyes.” Remarks Jonty. “Oops I just walked into a wall.” ”Oh what a scummy little man.” Says Calum, off in his own little dream world. ”Oh for God's sake will you shut up about scummy little men, he don't want to know about your family!” ”Ooh, harsh David.”
Titles:

Arveene Evenwood
Maid
Maid

[color=blue:30vaz56j]“Okay, so where are we anyway?”[/color:30vaz56j] Says Aimee practically, before dissolving into giggles. [color=blue:30vaz56j]“Oh my God, scummy little man!” [/color:30vaz56j]She laughs, earning her “The Look” from Shamus and a puzzled/confused look from both Crumbley and Adam.

[color=green:30vaz56j]“Actually, that's a point... Where are we and how did we get here? Dave?” [/color:30vaz56j]Says Shamus, earning a sigh and a slap from Crumbley. [color=green:30vaz56j]“OW! What did Dave ever do to you?”[/color:30vaz56j]
"Girly Cloud's Limit Break is Break Down in Girlish Tears, which causes the enemy to feel so guilty it runs away." - My good friend Firefly99 :devil: Apologies go to Cloud. :angel:
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

John looks around at sighs at Aimee's giggling, he is used to this by now. Three months and counting. He looks around, they appear to be in a small, dry cave. ”We appear to be underground. So, how the hell did we get here?” ”Could it possibly be something to do with Calum pressing a little red button that should not, under ANY circumstances, be pressed? I think it could.” Says David pointedly. “If there is anything TV has taught me.” Says Jonty. “Its that small red buttons should under no circumstanced be pressed. Ooh look a small red button.” He falls about laughing.
Titles:

Arveene Evenwood
Maid
Maid

Aimee's giggles finally subside and she stands up. [color=blue:2o1967m1]“Might as well explore while we're here, nothing's gonna happen just sitting here.”[/color:2o1967m1] She stands up and starts to walk forwardish. [color=blue:2o1967m1]“But if we come across any fallen trees, don't any of you try to push me off them,” [/color:2o1967m1]she adds.

[color=brown:2o1967m1]“And don't lead us three miles in the wrong direction all the way around a lake either!”[/color:2o1967m1] Crumbley adds moodily. Shamus looks down at the ground guiltily and Adam just looks alarmed, puzzled and scared.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

John shifts around guiltily as well. ”Hey, I thought we had agreed to completely forget that, I just don't do forests ok?” He snaps at Crumbley. He fumbles around in his pockets and finds some pieces of paper and a book. ”Well I got stuff to burn for heat and light but it won't burn for long.” He says. ”Well we could burn some of Calum's hair, or just burn Calum.” Adds David. Calum cowers and clutches at his long, ginger hair. ”Well, er, you could wrap some stuff around this.” Says Jonty, poking around in a corner of the cave. He proffers a bone. ”Eww!” Exclaims Calum. ”It'll do, at least it doesn't look human.” Says John, taking the bone and wrapping it in paper. After a moment’s thought he takes off his coat and unbuttons his Scout shirt. ”No comments.” He says, mostly looking at David. He takes his shirt off, rips any badges off it and wraps it around the bone. He puts his coat back on, shivering. ”Would I?” Asks David. John lights the crude torch and it splutters into life, giving off a smoky light.
Titles:

Arveene Evenwood
Maid
Maid

[color=green:9gl2u0ey]“Well, now that you mention it David, you would,”[/color:9gl2u0ey] Shamus adds drearily. On the other side of him, Aimee chucks her coat across to John - it was getting annoying for her anyway.

[color=orange:9gl2u0ey]“Well.” [/color:9gl2u0ey] Says Adam slowly. [color=orange:9gl2u0ey] “Shall we go?”[/color:9gl2u0ey]
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

John fumbles the coat and picks it up from the floor. ”Um, have you ever TRIED wearing two coats before? Wait a minute, FLUFFY HOOD!!!” He dons the coat and pulls up the fur-lined hood, giggling and stroking the furry hood. ”Ok, lets go now we have light.” He walks off ahead, bearing the light aloft. Suddenly a shriek comes from behind him and he spins around. ”NOOOO!” It comes from Calum. ”My phone's stopped working, I must have landed on it, then David landed on me, and then Jonty. Bugger.” John sighs and mutters something inaudible, and probably unprintable, and carries on, heading out the small cave they are currently in.
Titles:

Arveene Evenwood
Maid
Maid

As they make their way through the cave, Aimee notices strange writing on the wall in a strange script that she doesn't understand. She stops to look at it closely. The script doesn't look like Roman letters, Arabic script, Kanji, Katakana or any other script on Earth. As the light begins to fade away, she strains to read it and...

[color=blue:jk5wkj0j]“HEY! Bring the light over here will you? I might be able to decipher this stuff.” [/color:jk5wkj0j]

Meanwhile in front Adam had just begun to wonder where she was.

[color=orange:jk5wkj0j]“Let's see what she wants.”[/color:jk5wkj0j]
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

“She's probably found some stone age manga or something. You know it's odd, it’s quite cold down here and there's no breeze but there's actually air and it isn't stale. These caves must be BIG.” Says David idly. ”Yeah I was thinking about that, great minds sink alike.” Replies John, he wanders over to where Aimee is. ”Well I don't recognize it either, looks odd though. Any of you guys recognise it?” Various variations of no come floating from along the tunnel. Calum doesn't reply as he is trying to get his phone to switch on.
Titles:

Arveene Evenwood
Maid
Maid

Aimee squints at the stone in the light. Nope, still nothing. [color=brown:pltg53mu]“Either it's really old or we're somewhere no-one has ever been before... or at least no human.”[/color:pltg53mu] Crumbley says. Everyone turns to look at him. Aimee looks at the stone again, it seems somehow familiar, as if she should know it from somewhere... but where?
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

“Dun, dun, DUH! Yes Crumbley, well obviously someone has been here, though whether of course they got out again remains to be seen...” Says John. ”Well, we should get going. Before we get hungry or thirsty.” Walking onwards he calls back as the light turns round the corner. ”BLOODY HELL!!!”
Titles:

Arveene Evenwood
Maid
Maid

Hearing John's call, everyone rushes as fast as their legs can carry them to the corner. As they turn the corner, something flashes into Aimee's mind.

[i:5xg1zql1]That bone doesn't look HUMAN...[/i:5xg1zql1]

[i:5xg1zql1]No script on Earth...[/i:5xg1zql1]

[i:5xg1zql1]“At least no human...” [/i:5xg1zql1]

[color=blue:5xg1zql1]“Gods... she whispers. We're not on Earth at all...”[/color:5xg1zql1]
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

As they all turn round the corner they come onto a narrow ledge on the lip of a massive cavern. ”We aren't on Earth, either we are so far under it that no one has been here. Or we're somewhere else... Caves like this just don't happen on Earth, the biggest cave I can think of is Wookey Hole, and that's nowhere near as big as this!” The cavern stretches for miles away from them, lit by glowing crystals studded all over it's ceiling, a waterfall at the far side crashes down the side of the cavern wall for miles. John drops the torch over the edge and watches the light drop out of sight to the bottom of the cavern, it’s a long way. ”I think falling off might be a bad idea.” Says David from the back of the group. ”Ok Faber you grab Calum's feet I'll get his arms.” He jokes, blatantly ignoring John's announcement. ”Hey look, there's a path over here, its a bit narrow though, I think its been cut into the rock, there's handholds.” Shouts Jonty from a little along the ledge. Calum peers over the edge and cringes backwards against the wall, he mumbles something about heights.
Titles: