Scout Camp

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Arveene Evenwood
Maid
Maid

Post by Arveene Evenwood »

[color=blue:1cqw8buq]“He's right David,”[/color:1cqw8buq] Aimee announces. [color=blue:1cqw8buq]“I don't think we are on Earth... or if we are, something doesn't add up... if we were really far under, the pressure would be enough to squash us all flat, regardless of these caves.”[/color:1cqw8buq] Meanwhile, Crumbley is laughing at David's joke and Adam and Shamus are trying to test the depth of the cave using Dave. Gradually Adam gets slightly bored and follows Aimee over to where Jonty has discovered his path.

[color=orange:1cqw8buq]“I think... maybe I could do it...”[/color:1cqw8buq] Adam says doubtfully.
[color=blue:1cqw8buq]“We can! But maybe we should take a vote on it... all in favour of going along the path, raise your hand.”[/color:1cqw8buq] Aimee's, Adam's, Crumbley's, and Shamus's hands go up, accompanied by a [color=green:1cqw8buq]“YeAS!”[/color:1cqw8buq] akin to a Little Britain response and a [color=green:1cqw8buq]“Dave says yes too”[/color:1cqw8buq] from Shamus.
"Girly Cloud's Limit Break is Break Down in Girlish Tears, which causes the enemy to feel so guilty it runs away." - My good friend Firefly99 :devil: Apologies go to Cloud. :angel:
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Calum stays pressed against the wall, David looks uncertain, his large girth would be a bit ungainly on such a narrow ledge but he puts his hand up anyway, Jonty is peering along the ledge to see where it goes but it is in darkness further along and nothing can be seen. ”Well I'll go, have any of you done any climbing before?” Says John, peering over the edge. ”Its either that or try climbing DOWN.” David hisses to Calum. Calum sluggishly moves forward and looks down. He hastily raises his hand.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Arveene Evenwood
Maid
Maid

[color=blue:1ttzgww8]“I have,”[/color:1ttzgww8] Aimee says, taking another look at the path.

[color=green:1ttzgww8]“A little bit at scout camps and that...”[/color:1ttzgww8] Shamus says a little more uncertainly than before.

Crumbley grins and heads towards the edge and Adam looks a little more alarmed than before.
"Girly Cloud's Limit Break is Break Down in Girlish Tears, which causes the enemy to feel so guilty it runs away." - My good friend Firefly99 :devil: Apologies go to Cloud. :angel:
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

As most of the others shake their heads etc, John swallows and walks forward. ”Right, I'll go first, Faber, you bring up the rear and, pass Dave here. God its like Summer Camp all over again, me off in front.” David moves to the middle of the line, Jonty stands behind him and Calum continues to hug the wall. ”Hey! Why are you taking charge?” He challenges. ”Who said I was taking charge? Of course if YOU want to go first on that narrow, slippery, probably crumbling ledge. By all means be my guest! I just happen to go climbing every week and am probably the best climber here.” John replies in a matter of fact manner. ”Faber, Dave!” David and Jonty sigh and tap their heads when Calum argues, they couldn't care less who goes first and accept that John is probably the best climber. ‘Yeah but what I won't tell them is that I actually do very little in the way of climbing when I go there every weekend.’ John thinks as he waits for Dave to be passed over. ‘Too late now.’
Titles:

Arveene Evenwood
Maid
Maid

After clutching Dave protectively for a few moments, Shamus passes Dave over (amid reassurances from Adam and Aimee that Dave is in good hands, and snide remarks from Crumbley that he will be cut up for firewood or dropped down the cliff.)

Meanwhile, Aimee bites her lip as she thinks of previous climbing incidents, including the ever-present threat of Hannah and John trying to kill each other.
[color=blue:3op2og7r] [i:3op2og7r]
Oh well, she isn't here, so I suppose there'll be less arguments then...[/i:3op2og7r][/color:3op2og7r] she follows the others towards the edge.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

John takes Dave and holds it out in front of him in his right hand to tap the ground in front of him to make sure it doesn't crumble under him. With his left hand he holds on tight to the handholds cut into the wall. He moves out along the ledge, making good progress, now and again he has to move without handholds for a while as none are cut. As the rest move after him, clutching at handholds, Jonty looks down and sees figures moving around on a ledge lower down (about 120ft). ”Hey guys, look, down there!” He calls, pointing downwards. The others peer over cautiously, the figures are hard to make out as they are a long way down, but John and David's eyes widen as they focus then they look at each other and they mouth “drow?” The figures below have dark, almost black skin and pointy ears. ”Hey, you down there!” Calum calls down. David grabs him by the neck and pulls him backwards on the narrow ledge, nearly toppling over. ”Shut up if you want us all to get out of this alive.” He hisses in Calum's ear and motions to everyone to crouch down and stay quiet.
Titles:

deakc
Maid
Maid

Post by deakc »

WHOO-DEE-HOO!!!

Hooray for Rock :eek:

[url=http://www.gotapparel.com/st-camp-shirt ... x:6tcq7uid]Camp Shirts[/url:6tcq7uid]