Combat Thread for Castle in the Mist

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Combat Thread for Castle in the Mist

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

[OOC: this is the thread in which combat will take place for the Castle adventure. Each players post and the DM response will be one round of combat, with the DM post being the resolution of each round. Post your intentions such as movement, spell use, attacks, use of feats, ietms etc and initiative 8) ]

edit:

I'm trying to make a map of the area you are in.

grrr this is becoming annoying as the formating won't accept spaces

North ^

-- ____________
[color=white:3cfgqrbq]a[/color:3cfgqrbq]a |
[color=white:3cfgqrbq] a [/color:3cfgqrbq] | [color=white:3cfgqrbq] aaaaaa [/color:3cfgqrbq] y
[color=white:3cfgqrbq] a [/color:3cfgqrbq] |
x
[color=white:3cfgqrbq]a [/color:3cfgqrbq] |
[color=white:3cfgqrbq] a [/color:3cfgqrbq] |____________
- -

x marks where the party is standing

y marks where Felix and his constructs are

a marks where the 4 cat things have burst out from
Last edited by Talwyn Aureliano on Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Initiative - 17 = 4 Base + 13 Roll

Virgil, a man haunted by the promise of demons interfering in his life, was prepared, deliberately for this reaction. One does not call an Evil Outsider's bluff, without consequences. Immediately the first Invocation upon his lips, is targeting Felix. Indeed, when Felix begins casting, hoping to beat the Rakshasa to the punch, and perhaps upset his concentration.

Brimstone Blast: Attack Roll: 29 Concentration: 26 (If a hit: 16 Fire Damage, Reflex DC17 or take additional 10 fire damage next round.)

For his second attack action: Invocation: Spiderwalk (as Spider Climb w/ 24 hour duration ) Concentration: 23

(If succeeding the Spiderwalk Invocation, Virgil promptly makes for the nearby wall, off to the side of open doorway, connecting to Felix's room, and makes his way to climb a full 20 feet, from the floor, removing himself from melee range, and Felix's line of sight.)
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Lothir's Init roll= 25 (roll20 + Dex Mod +5) Woot, nat 20! It don't get better than that, baby! (Heh, sorry, had to say it...)

Seeing the cat-like creatures spring out, the bard sighs softly to himself. "I hate being right," he mutters, and whips his sabers into a defensive stance, then looks over at Felix. "You're going to regret doing that, rat-chaser!" he says, with an oddly maniacal grin, and begins to sing leaping toward the cat-things. He lands and immediately begins moving in what appears to be a dance, sabers twirling and weaving in time to his tune, with a look on his face that is part pure joy, part cold focus.

(Skill checks- Perf.[sing] = 10 + Char+4 + 15 =29; Perf.[dance] = 12 + Char +4 + 7 = 23) to begin dervish dance: Cleave feat while in dervish, 1 extra attack at highest AB with each weapon held each round

He takes the first round to let them come to him, taking defensive dance moves. (Dex Mod +5, + Shield of Blades and Dodge bonus- BA +6/+1, AC bonus = + 9: roll 15 + 9 =24)
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

( Initiative roll = 11 + Dex mod 4 = 15) [:bored: slow start]

T'risstree turns to the north to face the new threat coming from the newly opened dooray. She rips out her bastard sword and begins to initiate a Tumble and Defensive Roll (Skill check Tumble - 19 + Dex Mod - 4 = 23 roll = 9 total 31 also using Evasion, Dodge, Mobility and Uncanny Dodge II for an AC bonus of +8 = 27 ) cartwheeling and flippinging her way forward into the cat things thus decreasing their chances of an attack of opportunity to hit.

Once in range she will, drop the tumble and launch a Spring Attack at the nearest creatures plus get her sneak attack in (roll = 14 + Attack mods = +16/+11/+5 melee + 2 for Str to hit plus 1 for Prayer which is in effect = 33/28/22. Sneak attack roll - 12 + 16 + 2 + 1 = 31 )

[OOC: don't forget that Prayer is in effect guys ;) ]
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Whoops, add inspire Courage to that, too- forgot to mention that the singing was for Bardic Music ability (adds + 1 to allies and self on attack, dammage, and saves) Duh- I must be getting rusty...

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

( Initiative roll = 4 + Dex modifier 2 = 6) [Epic fail]

Catching him completely off-guard by Felix's proclamation, Veraka does not charge immediately, nor does he immediately attack. Rather, he crosses his arms, his eyes glowing silver and casts Bless upon himself and his allies[Free Action].

Then, gripping Marala Vharc with both hands, Veraka steadies himself, spots his first target dead of him, then Charges for the closest of Felix's golems, his legs propelling to him to near break-neck speeds.((Charge-Within 10' distance, gains double normal speed + Fast Movement feat = 90 feet speed while charging.)).

[AC 22 + roll 8 using Dodge, Mobility, Combat Expertise(+2) and Uncanny Dodge II = 37 AC]

Accelerating at an ungodly pace, Veraka comes upon his target quickly; bringing his strength to bear, he swings Marala Vharc with all his might in a powered-horizontal slash from his right, the blade's causing the air to 'WHOOSH' around it, as it's crackling edge blazes a path toward the construct.

(Charge attack: roll20 + attack mod = 35 + 3 for Prayer, Inspire Courage, and Bless which are in effect + 3 Str mod +2 for Charge -2 for Combat Expertise = 41 attack roll) (Tal, don't forget the critical hit, then *1.5 for Veraka's two-handed swing ;) )

((OOC: By Tyr's right buttock, an honest natural 20 roll, first try, and only after an epic fail of an initiative roll, ; WOOT Critical with the first swing, kick ass :devil: (assuming it hits :bored: ))
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Talwyn stands ready to receive the attacks of the incoming constructs. He lashes out once they are in range.

[color=red:3c1siqkb]Rank of order of attacks:

Lothir Int.=25
Lothir’s attacks = roll = 19 + 1+ 1+ = 21 [miss] (I have no stats for you? I did ask but none were given, no strength or weapon bonus so that’s all I can go on for now. All you have are sabres it seems?)
Secondary attack = roll = 9+1+1= 11 [miss]

Rakastas Initiative = 12 + 8 + 4 = 24
They snarl forward slashing out with their metallic claws.
A–attacks Lothir-attack roll = 19+4+4+4-1-1-1=28=miss
B–attacks Lothir–attack roll = 11+4+4+4-1-1-1=20=miss
C-attacks T’risstree-attack roll =6+4+4+4-1-1-1=15=miss
D-attacks T’risstree-attack roll = 12+4+4+4-1-1-1=21=miss

Virgils Initiative - 17 = 4 Base + 13 Roll
Virgil’s Brimstone Blast has no effect what so ever on Felix. {Spell Immunity}

Felix Initiative = 7 + 6 + 4 = 17
Felix casts a spell – Mirror Image – there are 5 more images of Felix

T’risstree’s Initiative roll = 11 + Dex mod 4 = 15
Attacks = roll=14 + Attack mods = +16/+11/+5 melee + 2 for Str to hit plus 1 for Prayer+1 for Song = 34= hit = Dam-d10-6+2+1+1=10
Secondary attacks = 28=hit = Dam-d10-8+2+1+1=12
[I have no weapon stats for you T'riss so it's just an ordinary Bastard sword for now :/ ]

Talwyn Initiative = 9+2+4 =15
Talwyn’s Attacks = {AoO = roll 2 + 16 + 4 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 31 = hit. Dam = SpidersBane {frostbrand longsword d8 + 3 = d3 cold} 6 + 4 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 16 } Secondary attacks [ roll = 4 + 11+ 4 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 24. Hit Dam = roll = 7 + 4+3+2+1+1= 18]

Constructs Initiative = 6 + 1 = 7
The two in platemail charge forward wielding Halberds.
The boxer stands en guard in front of Felix.
The first is struck by Talwyn’s AoO but then hits back. Attack = roll 14+8+3-1-1-1=22 miss]
2nd Construct slashes at Veraka = roll 3+8+3-1-1-1=11 miss]

Veraka’s attacks = roll 4+2=6
(Charge attack: roll20 + attack mod = 35 + 3 for Prayer, Inspire Courage, and Bless which are in effect + 3 Str mod +2 for Charge -2 for Combat Expertise = 41 attack roll - critical hit, then *1.5 for Veraka's two-handed swing = Dam d10=10+3+5+1+1=d10-7=27x2=52x1.5=78] The 2nd platemail construct is literally cut in half in half and falls apart. Bonus attack = 20! [I swear I rolled that! Should get a screen shot] Dam = d10=8+3+4+1+1+d10-6=23x2=46x1.5=69 – Veraka hews the 1st construct facing Talwyn into lumpy plastic pieces.

End of round attacks & actions:

Lothir = roll 8+1+1=10=miss

T’risstree = roll 16+11+1+1+1=30 hits C - Dam = d10-4+2+1+1=8 Sneak attack roll - 12 + 16 + 2 + 1 = 31 20+16+1+1+1=39 dam= d10=6+2+1+1+4d6=15=35 – T’risstree lops off Rakasta C’s head with a backhand stroke of her Bastard Sword.

There are no targets in range for Talwyn or Veraka to attack at the end of the round.

Felix runs to the far doorway by the end of the round and opens it and yells out for reinforcements which are coming through at the end of the round.
4 more Rakastas will be in the boxing ring room next round. [/color:3c1siqkb]
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Okay, I'm not sure where you got the miss part, because he was not attacking, but had let the rakshasas come to him and was fighting defensively. The rolls were for his defense and AC bonus, which should be 22 by what you had (you missed a +1 in there, Tal.)

Since it is defensive (In other words, he's using his blades to defend instead of attacking, hence Shield of Blades) rather than offensive, there should not be a miss, unless you mean that he failed to block the enemy attacks. Just thought I'd point that out, not trying to argue rules or anything. I thought I had mentioned that in his actions, but I might not have been clear. Sorry, if that was the case. BTW, his stats are in the Darksong comments thread in OOC forums, but I can pm them to you if need be. I've been meaning to update and finish that anyway, might as well take the time, since I will be needing them here!

Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

[quote="Aylstra Illianniis":1t5v2rws]Okay, I'm not sure where you got the miss part, because he was not attacking, but had let the rakshasas come to him and was fighting defensively. The rolls were for his defense and AC bonus, which should be 22 by what you had (you missed a +1 in there, Tal.)

Since it is defensive (In other words, he's using his blades to defend instead of attacking, hence Shield of Blades) rather than offensive, there should not be a miss, unless you mean that he failed to block the enemy attacks. Just thought I'd point that out, not trying to argue rules or anything. I thought I had mentioned that in his actions, but I might not have been clear. Sorry, if that was the case. BTW, his stats are in the Darksong comments thread in OOC forums, but I can pm them to you if need be. I've been meaning to update and finish that anyway, might as well take the time, since I will be needing them here![/quote:1t5v2rws]

[ooc: first off I forgot that you had your character stats on the darksong ooc comments page. its been a year since I last looked at that page but I am still reading your story ;)
2ndly I am unfamiliar with the Shield of Blades class skill - all I could find was something on the gaming wikia which wasn't very helpful :( [the only other source it mentioned was the 3rdEd Drow of the Underdark which i don't have a copy of]
I had assumed/thought that SoB was like the [b:1t5v2rws]Parry[/b:1t5v2rws] skill from NWN allowing you riposite attacks and since your intiative was so high you get 1st strike in as they launch their attack. However since its purely defensive like Dodge, they don't hit you at all - lucky you :p
Btw - the creatures attacking you are NOT Rakshahsa - they are [b:1t5v2rws]Rakastas [/b:1t5v2rws]- a cat like being sort of similar to Rakshashas but not as dangerous http://pandius.com/raka35e.html
Lothir probably has never heard or seen them before.
Felix is most definately Rakshasa :devil:

finally could we not post ooc comments in the thread but in the ooc section pretty please? :D

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

(Int. rol = 13+4= 17)

T'risstree continues to fight the Rakasta creatures that are in front of her and Lothir. She will use her sneak attack as well ;)
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: I finally put all his stats into the character profile on my thread, so it is there now if you need to look it up, Tal.

IC:
Init: +8 mod (+5 dex, +3 misc) + 18 = 26 - 2 (flaw) = 24

Lothir uses his dervish(battledance) to attack the cat-men nearest him. (Dervish- Cleave in effect, must take 5-ft step between attacks to gain extra attack with each weapon, and lowest BAB)
1st: +6 BAB +3 str, +1 Cleave +12 roll = 22
2nd: +1BAB +3 str +1 Cleave + 20 roll = 25
3rd: +1 +3 +1 + 12 roll = 17
4th: +1 +3 +1 + 5 roll = 10

Use of Tumble between attacks to avoid AOO's: (8 ranks + 5 dex +3 misc= 16)
1st: 30 (roll =14)
2nd: 27 (roll = 11)
3rd: 21 (roll = 5)

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

After cleaving not only his targeted construct in half, but cleaving Talwyn's enemy down, Veraka readies himself for his next opponent, shield readied and sword poised to strike.

(Int. roll = 1+2 = 3) (EPIC FAIL!! :-[ )
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix