The Vale of Shadow (Part 5)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

(ur taking the riddle path right, with 14 doors? b/c that would be neat...b/c i got written out whats behind each one and one door will have nothing- the correct door and another puzzle further on.)

no traps were spotted. as the maze itself and the other things were enough problems. tho sooner or later one would expect a moster to be showing up.
the gas (if u went down that one, not totally sure) slowly grows heavy as the dull green light increases.

the fey'ri, having known Alya for a while, decided she didnt know her as much as she thought. for all the drow's work in the guild was nothing compared to this. and had she been this creative with Raven Claw, man what she could have accomplished. of course this searching for the Vale, had kept her busy and disctrated much of the time.

a slight smirk from the ranger's comment and the way the warrior reacted was great. ((some things here and what not...))
while Zek walked ahead, Neriah slipped down the tunnel into the dome cavern to stare at the doors. with a small faerie fire spell, she highlight each with red to read the words on each.
some she could answer or guess, one was weapons, one water, one fire...ect.
one had her curious as she read it.

[i:2yi4k1m9][color=blue:2yi4k1m9]For our ambrosia we were blessed,
by Jupiter, with a sting of death.
Though our might, to some is jest,
we have quelled the dragon's breath.[/color:2yi4k1m9] [/i:2yi4k1m9]

with magical shields up, she reach for the door nob and turned it slightly. a soft buzzing sound was heard and it grew louder.
of all things to find, the door reveals a swarm of angery bees now making way twords you.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

yep, whatever one lead to the riddles lol))

He shook his head at the gas, no drow in their right mind would go through such a thing. He'd move to take the other path the one with the riddles. Looking at Neriah he shook his head muttering" Don't..." he heard the buzzing and shook his head." It makes sense now..." He made sure he kept his breathing shallow and his movements slow, letting her deal with them. Anything close to him he'd scorch flat out without question
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

the bees ran from neriah, the firey essence in her a good protection. as well as a few dropping down. they began looking for another to mess with and vent their fury on at being distrubed.

((sorry for any confusuon. i know i dont write very clear and my brain is still slightly fried...))

Inrii had been pulled back up, the chains taunt again, her back to the cell door. the lastest session from the darkmask had nearly worked, yet she managed to hold on. for she was stubborn. and one way she would get them back, even if she had to scorch everything...here...wherever here was.
in the corner of her cell a slight squeek aroused her from her contemplations. a mouse scampered thru paused then hurried down to her left over food. the mouse sniffed then continued on its way, not bothering to eat it.

Alya decided to figure out some weakness in those coming. before she left noticed a familiur figure in view. she chuckled aloud, drawing a raised eyebrow from the male.
"so she managed to live. she was rather resourseful after all."
the smirked turned to a hidden bit of confusion. so was she being the fey'ri she knew or had she joined up with them? had she been leading them into her hand, then she knew all that work invested into Neriah had been worth it.
Alya exited to speak with Inrii agian.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Not a problem I'm vague at times too lol))

Seeing the bees leave he watched and moved to examine each of the doors. Stopping infront of the first one he read it quietly in his head" No, I will not play this one... I may use fire but I refuse to be scorched." Moving to the thirteenth door he raised a brow reading it and then moved to the eleventh one and went back and forth reading each one. He was pacing it seemed quitly" Fills empty holes... darkness, death the void... and then glittering points? the sun.. we want the lair..." He all but growled to himself before standing infront of door eleven and spoke" Darkness from whence I came, darkness again I shall claim." He moved towards the door and reached for the handle"
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((so close to the correct door!))

the door opens to a small room, much like a storage closet. the room is pitch black with a darkness so heavy it could almost be felt. The magical nature causes no vision, no light, nothing to pierce into it.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Muttering at the absolute darkness he shook his head." Stupid doors... I swear... I should Skin that albino and keep her alive..." He muttered darkly and moved to door thirteen and folded his arms over his chest. Looking to Neriah" Mind checking this one?" Let someone else take the hit if it was a trap. he'd move to door seven and folded his arms over his chest." Eyes are a window to the soul.. of course a mirror can have the same effect..." He'd wait for Neriah to check or if Veraka and Aurora come up to help check things at least his armor could take the abuse...
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Zek, you truly are a drow, with what I'm thinking goes through your head," Veraka said, shaking his head at the ranger. He watched their new fey'ri acquaintance go up to a door and open it, only to be swarmed by bees. Which then come after Veraka; growling some unknown curse, lighting arcs up and down the aasimar's body, frying the creatures in seconds.
"Now that that's done," he mutters to himself, walking over to one of the doors (door #1), turns the nob and opens the door. Aurora decides to stand back from him.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

-Neriah's door a slight rumble is heard and look above shows large points of ice and stone (slagagtites) moving and cracking before deciding to let go and fall to the ground.

-before Zek, a maze of mirrors line the room. Corriders run in many directions, all thrown off by the mirrors relflecting everything. After wasting an hour traversing it, it is decided it is to a dead end and not a usable passageway.

-Upon opening door 1, a spark is seen, a slight implosion and the room ignites in a firestorm of epic porportions, the flames dark yet very real fire. Closing the door, they ease and finally die out.

(so 11, 13, 1, and 7 have been tried,)
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching the scene he shook his head slowly and muttered" I could outlive thaty stupid superstition if I broke all of them." he closed the door behind him. moving to another door he growled kicking at door number five. His patience was thinning out. If he had dragon blood in him, gods help those his temper would be vented towards
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The fey'ri opened up the door only to feel a rumble, followed by audible cracks and falling stalactites. A curse streams from her lips as she reflexively jumped back, dodging the falling debris.

Veraka saw the spark a split second before a fireball became a roaring firestorm. Raising his shield in front of himself, Veraka feels intense heat for a split second, then nothing. Looking over his shoulder, he sees Neriah standing beside him, her hand on the closed door.

"Next time, just shut the door; the last thing needed is to have you get fried by a trap door," she snaps at him. The aasimar narrows his eyes at the fey'ri, but then grunts something inaudible and proceeds over to another door(#9), though this time, Neriah is right beside him, watching carefully, not knowing what might be behind the door.

Aurora seeing the two together, rolls her eyes, and pads over to Zek, saying [i:myedwm08]I'd be astounded if those two get farther than step one in the whole relationship gig.[/i:myedwm08]
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((sorry zek, dont hate me...) door 5: A small light appears below the gap in the doors. Upon its opening, light brighter than any light spell thought of fills the room. No amount of time on the surface can soften or minimize the damage caused. For a good 10 minutes all one sees it brightness, as it stuns and dazes all.

door 9: a soft melody hums in your mind. Eyelids droop ever so, getting heavier by the moment. A rest feels wonderful and a great idea. Bed(s) appear before you, so inviting. Nothing looks so nice. Soon nothing keeps your eyelids open. You only hope you have fallen softly as sleep takes you.
soon the spell wears off (depending on resistance) and u awake, rested tho possible grumpy

((Just missed the correct door. tho the answer to the one ur looking for is 'nothing'))
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

(( Soo the one with the nothing but darkness in the room was the one?))

At the light starting to come he raised a brow and all but flailed for the door trying to close it. The blinding effect of the light hurt, there was a very long line of curses which just rambled on in practically every language he knew minus common. Eili hissed at the bright light and finally between the two of them the door was shut. When the sleep hit he slumped to the ground clearly unhappy but he awakened rested. It only meant he could unleash hell again. Crawling towards the door that he had with the darkness he moved to open it up. It needed better inspection. Eili moved inside hoping the darkness could help her eyes see better and he quickly followed.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((sadly, no. it had darkness as the answer. but otherwise it would have been a good guess.
9,5,11,13,1,7,14 have been guessed. weapons, pins/needles, wall, shadow, fear, nothing, and water are left))
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora howled out in pain as her sensitive eyes went white with pain, and were blinded, then a soothing music took hold of her which sent her into a resting trance.

Veraka and Neriah raised their hands to their faces as both of them were blinded by the searing light. Veraka growled outloud while the fey'ri hissed in frustration. Then both collapsed due to the sleep inducing spell.

Neriah woke next to Veraka, and shook her head, feeling slightly more level headed, and knew that she was well rested.

The aasimar awoke with a start, re-energized, and starting to get REAL tired of these doors. Getting up onto his feet, he stalked over to another door that they hadn't tried and gripped the nob, and turned. ((door #12; I'm guessing it's water))
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

a sudden rush of water hits as if a dam broke before you, throwing you and carrying you far away from everything. after it finishes, it leaves very soggy companions to treck back to the doors.
only a few are left.