The Vale of Shadow (Part 5)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He stirred finally feeling her motion beside him. Looking over to her he smiled slightly sheathing the dagger." Just relax and have some rations and water.. better than the sludge in here. Eili looked at her [i:2dxli1hn] He was a hair away from scorching the whole city in an inferno, and the nearby forest to try to find you. You made an impression. [/i:2dxli1hn] the cat thought to her and only her.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka saw that the lizard was about to start throwing spells all over the place. "Hold on there, Zarstra; Inrii's fine, she's with the ranger." Veraka explained quickly.

He then realized who the lizard was staring at. Turning to Neriah, he realized that it was her overly appealing form that had got Zarstra crazed.

The fey'ri looked to the lizard that was apparently with Inrii, and noticed the reaction given by her precense in the room. For a split second she wondered if she should truly stick with this group. At least with Alya she had a chance of becoming something without of all these damn prejudices.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

the (less so right now) emarald scaled lizard 'raised an eyebrow' (a confused look) at him as the spell wouldnt form. she still wasnt happy. that winged demon thing had tried to kill them! even if she had been safe in the pouch the whole fight, she knew. and she wasnt happy to see her. had the lizard know some curse, they likely would have left her mouth (sorta speak) at the fey'ri.
finally she asked across the animal link, "[color=red:2ldc3cdc][i:2ldc3cdc]well, then where is she?[/i:2ldc3cdc][/color:2ldc3cdc]"

"relax? i been just relaxing while yall have all the fun," she jested hoursely.
Inrii managed to lean up a bit to sip the water offered not bothering to keep the cloth tight around her at the moment.
Inrii smiled to the cat and winked (sorta) to imply she heard. the lifting motion tho was a bit much for her ribs and she had to lean back down to relieve pressure/pain on them. she began to pick up the mental link of Zarstra. another bit of good fortune. tho she would wait till the lizard neared to say something to her. but she was curious and had to ask.
"why did you come? and how did yall find me?"
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching her he smiled slightly and took the water bag and moved it closer to her to drink." Yeah well.. someone had to light the fire." Eili watched her catching the wink. When she asked the question he looked at her." First, I noticed this stone on the wall outside of your cell here.. but how did we know where to go? Our lich friend helped out... and he decided to give Veraka a small gift it seems... Neriah... What is the lich thinking I don't know." He rested his head against the stone wall." Because we had to get you out. I personally wouldn't have rested until you were safe." He looked to her and smiled slightly patting her leg" I came, and that's all that matters Inrii. I'm here, and you're safe now."
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"She's with Zek, and doing fine; resting, recouping her strength, and getting better. She's in a cell a ways down the hall. Get on and I'll bring you to her," the aasimar said.

Aurora padded over and looked the emerald scaled Zarstra in the eyes; [i:3qyu7wyx]Well, good to see you, my scaly friend.[/i:3qyu7wyx]
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Zarstra was hesitent, wasnt so sure with that winged elf, but with Aurora around, maybe this wasnt some trick. and if it was, she had other means of defense, including her tail slap and claws. and then a bite full of sharp teeth.
"[color=red:4fktwzk0][i:4fktwzk0]i can say the same to you also furry friend[/i:4fktwzk0][/color:4fktwzk0]!"
eyes glaring at the female, she crawled over to them to up to be taken. "[color=red:4fktwzk0][i:4fktwzk0]ooo with the ranger[/i:4fktwzk0][/color:4fktwzk0]?" her jesting tone obvious. but she didnt remove her gaze from that demon.

Inrii gave him that 'ok smart elic' look. but she was glad to hear the humor. the lich, she had forgotten bout him. did they find her mask? she wondered. what luck was watching her then?
at the mention of Neriah, the sorceress eyes blazed. but she continued to listen, biding her time. his words tho was something she didnt expect. and she didnt flinch as she normally would have when he touch her leg. she started to ask another 'why' but paused, letting it go.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka knelt down, extended his armored hand out and lifted the lizard up. Seeing that she was more relaxed around Aurora, he put Zarstra onto Aurora's back.

[i:23ijh0w7]Now why do I have to carry her, I don't even know if she's on my back,[/i:23ijh0w7] the white wolf said telepathically, but grinning all the while.

Veraka just shook his head and let Aurora head out first, then he followed, making sure that he was between the lizard and the fey'ri. Veraka then realized what he was doing and cursed the day that he and Zek had argued the finer points of the feminine charms.
"Curse you ranger for being right," he muttered under his breath, noting how easily the fey'ri made him uncomfortable, but not in a bad way. . . . . . yet. ((Sorry I couldn't resist :devil: ))
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching he chuckled at the look and spoke" The lich found the general region where you were.. so we headed east.. hopefully by now the city's a smoldering ruin.." He noticed her lack of a flinch before whispering." Because I missed you. Anything more than that, you'll have to wait until we're done here."
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Zarstra rode easy and was careful to not let her claws dig in. of course years of riding on Inrii she had grown quite adept at it.
the lizard watched as they made way down the corridors, she slightly cringed at what her mind imagined happen in them. the smell was rather bad too. they turned down to the main hallway and she saw even more prision cells.
"[i:qqu9lgvf][color=red:qqu9lgvf]where are we[/color:qqu9lgvf][/i:qqu9lgvf]?" she asked. for when the lizard had been brung out of the pouch, she was already in the cage. but the person who put her in their left with some souvenirs, scratches and teeth holes.
finally the lizard had to ask the wolf, "[i:qqu9lgvf][color=red:qqu9lgvf]whats she really doing here[/color:qqu9lgvf][/i:qqu9lgvf]?" indicating the fey'ri, "[i:qqu9lgvf][color=red:qqu9lgvf]because Inrii's not gunna be happy if she's wake[/color:qqu9lgvf][/i:qqu9lgvf]."

Inrii tried to supress a chuckle, but it was hard. she breathed slow to let the pain ease a bit.
"the 'unholy' paladin not as much fun?" she joked.
carefully she grabbed the cloth to wrap in and covered herself like a blanket.
then barely audible she whispered, "i'm glad," and closed her eyes a moment to rest as she was next to him.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching her he nodded" Yeah well he's fun to tease and poke fun of... Aurora makes it more amusing." Nodding slowly listening to her it felt awkward, all the trouble they went through and there was a small awkward feeling. Shaking his head slightly he smiled hearing her and whispered back" I won't tell anyone."
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Alya finished her prayers (spent a couple hours so this is occuring meanwhile. i was bored and wanted to write)
as the darkness disipated, she noticed it was twilight outside her small window. the sun reflecting off the snow covered ground. the Masked Traitor felt a new flow of energy, a flow of power rushing over her, she could barely contain it, and it nearly knocked her to her knees.
her hand moved in a flowing motion, her words nearly singing the words and the room lighting up in pure arcane energies. Alya spoke the conditions of the geas.
when she had finished, an amused sparkle appeared in her rose eyes, and the corner of her mouth curved upwards ever so slightly into a wicked smile.
next she set about preparing her defenses of the building, spells, wards, traps, and what not. but would work against them the most was the divine power she was wielding.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora merely laughed at the lizard's response. [i:bcgui2vk]We are in your dungeon hold my find scaly friend.[/i:bcgui2vk]

At the Zarstra's second question, the wolf grew more serious; [i:bcgui2vk]Truth be told, I'm not sure about her myself; but I have noted that she does have a keen interest in Veraka that I've not seen before; and, to my amazement, actually wishes to be with him. And yes, I'm aware of the fact that Inrii will not be pleased, with the fey'ri's presence.[/i:bcgui2vk]
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"[i:ult1thaw][color=red:ult1thaw]its a trick i think[/color:ult1thaw][/i:ult1thaw]," she replied to the wolf, "[i:ult1thaw][color=red:ult1thaw]who falls for the person they try to kill or tried to kill them[/color:ult1thaw][/i:ult1thaw]?"
tho the lizard didnt know about such things of the heart or hormones, whichever it could be called.
they turned to the correct corridor and the wolf had to climb up to get to the cell Inrii and Zek were in. Zarstra saw her there wrapped up from the door entrance, the ranger leaning over her and possibly whispering something, at least thats what she guessed.
the lizard thru her gladness still had a flood of worry over her as she hopped down from Aurora and scurried across the cell to the sorceress. she laid next to Inrii and would not be moved without her.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[i:11at4jiy]Apparently, Veraka is one of those kind,[/i:11at4jiy] Aurora mused, as she climbed up to Inrii's cell. What she found caused her to smirk slightly.

Veraka climbed up and entered Inrii's cell, only to find Zek wrapped around her; a grin formed on the aasimar's face as he looked at Zek.

"Well, are you sure that [b:11at4jiy]you[/b:11at4jiy] two don't need a cell to yourselves for a little one-on-one time?"

Right after he said that, Neriah walked in behind him, her crimson eyes following the aasimar, only to shoot up and focus on Inrii with surprise.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Alya had started the summoning process, pulling out a tiny sack and a small candle of scarlet wax.
a cloud of grey and red smoke appeared, the spell of the lower planes filling the chamber. when the smoke cleared, before her stood a 6 ft tall 300 pound humanlike devil (Chain Devil (Kyton)). covering his body, he was wrapped in chains instead of clothing. he roared tho happy to be on the prime material plane.
"shhhh, my pet," she cooed in the infernal tongue, her hand running down his rough skin, "there will be time for that. i have plans for you."