The Vale of Shadow (Part 5)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

To leave Nixue behind, did not set well with Naien, nor did she like to leave his healing unfinished, and so, to help things along, and though it delayed her response to the pale drow's offer, she spent a moment preparing a wand charged with numerous fireballs, and leaving him to heal himself, little by little, with each casting. She returns then to the scrying mirror, using the image seen through it to guide her spell, and her answer came, finally, teleporting into Alya's chamber, glaring at her, "Let us hope, that you speak true, Tiamat does not forgive deception on this matter... nor do I."
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((ok after Alya is dressed and before teleporting into the chapel))

the bard was about to finish the words when the red appeared inside the room.
"I see you wanna have some fun after all," her ruby eyes sparkled from beneath the mask. ((if u read her getting dressed post, she has 'colored' her skin to be the same as the armor she now wears. i have a link to her character post if u wanna know what she has and stuff. tho stats aint up yet.))
"the room above is where they are. I think I hear my demon dying right now as a matter of fact. ah well, he is easily replaceable."
she begins the spell again to bring her into the chapel as she hears the devil cursing her as he falls. a laugh escaped her and soon she is not seen in the room any longer.

((for everyone: since its PC's verses PC soon, the best it will end is in a stalemate. so keep in mind that there is a no character killing- rule of the board, and to give adequate time to allow a response to an action.))
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He saw the transformation and it did not unnerve him so much as take him aback. He was biding his time avoiding strikes, actuallly hanging back waiting until the right time to move in and strike at more vital areas. He was methodical, like a machine which unnerved some people by how mechanical he was. but if you learned how to assassinate things, it becomes natural like breathing.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((since were waiting on virgil, i'll go ahead and have the battle commence.))

just as Inrii suspected the energies grew in intensity and soon the shape of a figure appeared. the female drow, for that was obvious, was dressed in shimmering armor and cloak that absorbed light. the drow was only spotted for a second, but the same mask upon her face as Inrii's gave it away.
Inrii turned her attention to Alya, tho she couldnt 'see' her, the strong magic was felt. a bolt was loaded into the chamber and realeased twords the from of the chapel. the bolt hit her even went past her. it was an image. as the bolt was flying, pure excruciating pain wrecked Inrii's body. she couldnt move, couldnt do anything.
((yall dont know, but a geas was put on inrii earlier. alya doesnt wanna kill her as of yet...))

Alya had already moved positions. a quick word to her deities and the air felt hot, burning and acrid. from above fire began to rain down on them (firestorm). and that was just the start she was already beginning her next spell.
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

With every successive level drained off by Virgil's slashing claws, the tumult of claw attacks continued to come, with every successful hit and slowing of the chain-clad Devil, the damage dealt by the claws themselves quickly ceased to matter, as reflexes got slower, more claws connected, and levels drained away rapidly, chain damage to the ogre-sized Tanar'ri Virgil at first only being healed by these claw hits, begins turning to bolstering his health, granting a bonus of HPs, above his normal. The true failure of the Kyton was letting this transformed Virgil hit even once, for now, levels draining away in a steady stream, it is inevitable that the creature hits Zero Levels, and in that instant, falls, slain... no banished, a fine pile of ash left behind as the smokey departure of the Devil sends it back to the Hells, but even worse, for when it rises again, another Blood Fiend, shall terrorize Hell itself.

The rage in Virgil however, is not spent, not by a long-shot, as the feel of another unwelcome presence begins to teleport into their midst, lifting his head upward, his roar of rage, comes out a demonic howl, through a wolf-like maw full of fangs that seem too large to fit within it. There is just enough sensibility in his slowly transforming mind, to, as the fire begins raining down, to throw his form into covering Inrii again, perhaps not blocking all the damage, but playing meat-shield for her, blasts through all those bonus HPs, bearing the brunt of so much fiery damage. For her eyes alone in those moments, can be seen the pain, and slow loss of self, as an expense for turning into this demonic form, could she, or anyone possibly get him to revert his form before he was no longer himself?
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

As the fire rained down he moved quickly flames hitting the hide armor with a slight hiss before sizzling out. The silver swords sheathed and daggers drawn out instead. Focusing his mind on things at hand he began working to track down where alya was. As soon as he found where she was, he leashed a massive bolt of electricity in her direction the air around it cracked and seemed to sizzle. This was a drow whom learned spells meant to kill not to heal. He used his knowledge in making potions and poisons to do that and also the plants in the wild.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((as far as i know, a PC antaganist is supose to join in the fight. so there will be two big bad guys to fight, maybe three))

As Inrii smelt the familier spell, her hand grabbed the piwafwi to pulled it over herself (fire resistance) when a shadow fell ovr her and the fiend stood over her, and odd thing to do. but her mind was to busy to think of such things at the moment for the effects of the next spell was now occuring.

Alya finished the words with a blasphomous word to them all ( http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/blasphemy.htm ). weakness, dazed, even paralysis could occur.
her now dark hand went for the hilt on her mithril belt. as she lited it, a blade seemingly made from black energy seam to appear in her hand.
she sensed the ranger's move (sense motive) and had her sword up. she would [i:2ek7o5ks]not [/i:2ek7o5ks]be easy to spot, so only a bit of luck could help them now.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora and Neriah both reacted with horror as the fiery hell rained down upon them. However, as the first fireball rained in at Neriah, it exploded on an unknown, crackling shield of energy around her; the same thing happened to Aurora, fireball after burning fireball exploded on a crackling electrical shield (Shocking Shield).

Neriah looked around to see Veraka, with his sword crackling, there next to her and Aurora. Though he had failed to shield himself from the firestorm, his adamantine shield and full-plate afforded him some decent protection from the falling inferno.

Raising his heavy shield over his head, the aasimar deflected the worst oncoming firestorm, while his heavy, gray adamantine plate armor absorbed the rest of the heavy damage. His celestial vision in his eyes glowing, Veraka saw Alya for the black aura she cast.
His silver eyes taking on their wrathful-crimson hue, the berserker rushed into veins and mind, feeding the aasimar it's pent up fury and wrath, pouring its dark energies into Veraka. His muscles tensed and swelled as the super-human strength and stamina surged through his body.

Not even giving a howl, the aasimar bolted for the albino drow, Marala Vharc crackling as it came down, arching to cleave her in half.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
ajo939
Maid
Maid

Post by ajo939 »

Lol, sorry Veraka, guess I'm hunting one of your characters
:devil:

Eliath noticed his target. He used the arrival of Alya to hide in the shadows. Spells were sent whizzing into the air, and Neriah and another person vanished in the firestorm, and to his dismay escaped mostly unharmed. Eliath drew his khopeshes, and used his scabbards to cast keen edge upon the blades, and called their magic to life. The one in his left hand burned with flames, as if summoned from the Abyss itself, and the other burned just as brightly with unholy energy. He used the magic in his boots to speed his steps, and covered the distance between himself and Neriah in the blink of an eye, and his keen blades sliced for her seemingly unprotected back. (death attack)
Death is an inevitable process of this world. The lords and heroes of this realm kill just as much as I. I simply profit from death, and so they call me evil.

Character Stats:
viewtopic.php?t=1851
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii senesed another person enter. 'of course Alya aint gunna make this easy.'
after the time the firestorm spell finished itself, Inrii began to move, tho slowly to a spot where she could be most useful. but she was gunna save her energy for a final blow to the bard.
turning her attention to a bright shine on the other side, she saw the male running for Neriah; who or which side she didnt know. but she remained silent, her anger twords the fey'ri still there (well im CN so heres a evil act to balance the good). besides, if she was powerful, she'd already knew he was coming.

Alya noticed her old ally captive among the group. likely they held some power over her, for she had geas spells as well. maybe she was even a mole. she would have to see, but she would not attack her unless she moved at her.
the bard hidden well, saw the warrior charging her way. it mattered not. she waited, let him gain momentum and cover the ground fast. then at the last second, like any well trained drow, stepped, or rather shadow stepped to the side simultaneously bringing the black energy blade into a cut at the knee. it might not cut thru completely, but his body would feel some effects.
as the blade went in, she turned quickly with fluid motion to block another blow from behind (if someone wanted to attack. if neriah happens to, then she gives a look of surprise.)
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Winter wolves were one of the best hunters on Faerun; as such, Aurora had senses toned to such level that even an planar touched elf, like Neriah, couldn't hope to match them.

In private telepathic message to the fey'ri, the winter wolf said [i:1hndhpci]Behind you, fey'ri; move your ass now.[/i:1hndhpci]

Neriah, though she herself had picked up on the incoming attacker from her rear, was surprised that the wolf had actually helped her out.
[i:1hndhpci]I suppose that a 'thank you' isn't necessary; by the way, Alya seems confused about my being here, so tell your aasimar friend that,[/i:1hndhpci] she replied as her sais came out and she parried the two incoming weapons, knocking one wide and the other low. Stepping into a shadow, she Shadow-stepped away from her attacker, letting the darkness transport her out of range of the weapons.

[i:1hndhpci]Normally, elf, I wouldn't be so generous; but I feel that you deserve a chance to prove yourself to my little brother, so here it is. Don't disappoint me,[/i:1hndhpci] the wolf replied back to the fey'ri, as she lept over to Zek's position.

Veraka, feeling his blade miss, but seeing the writhing black blade of energy coming for his knee, jumped over the blow, while bringing his other hand to Marala Vharc's hilt and swinging into the shadows, unleashing a Arc of Lighting at the black blade's hilt.
"Even shadow's can't stop the elements," he grunted.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
ajo939
Maid
Maid

Post by ajo939 »

Eliath quickly regained balance as his blades were parried, and jumped back, seeing his target vanish into the shadows. His eyes scanned the room, and he found Neriah again, but didn't charge her, rather he carefully walked towards her, gauging her skill, and twirled his magic khopehses with ease. He stopped just outside of his attacking range, and smiled, "Well, I suppose this will have to become an honest fight, eh?" He shrugged, "I preferred the quicker kill, but the gods seem to want to test me this day."
Death is an inevitable process of this world. The lords and heroes of this realm kill just as much as I. I simply profit from death, and so they call me evil.

Character Stats:
viewtopic.php?t=1851
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

OOC: Hey guys, I'm bak, sorry bout that, had to deal with some stuff with school, then family, then girlfriend, and I kinda forgot about this site :P ma baadd ;)

A small glow appeared not far to Inrii's left. It unfurled itself to form a glowing door, and out of that door stepped Zazzt. Everything about him seemed the same, except he had a new gem gleaming on a silver chain about his neck. He looked around the battlefield, and his eyes settled on Inrii. He ran to her side, and tapping her lightly on the shoulder said, "Greetings. I swear, leave you young folks alone for a minute, and you all go and kill each other, whats going on?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((just incase, zazzt, Inrii is injured from her capture and hasnt rested to regain spells or heal. so thats why she's on the floor. virgil whose temporary transformed is standing next to her. Zek is going after alya i think, as veraka is. a red is suppose to show up soon- Naien (grahl).))

Inrii didnt expect the door and the old monk/wizard to show up. last they saw him was after the fight with the giants. still on the floor clutching her side as Zazzt walked to her, she smirked before replying, "decided you your missing all the fun then?"
then propping herself better, "basically, kill her," pointing to the other masked drow female in all black.

an idea hit Inrii. "the pouch," likely contained the stone. if she could get ahold of it, then she could even the field and have a chance. she just needed to get to her.

Alya merely laughed at the male, moving quicker than thought possible (agile, lightning reflexes) the adamantine jet ring absorbed the magic from the lightning. as her sword came in again blocking another blow (incase others are attacking her directly) from both sides. then she kicked out while jumping/levitating up. her free hand came up as a blackness was forming around it.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Neriah twirled her sais, not knowing what this assassin wanted with her.
Seeing him approach slowly, she unfurled her wings and looked at her attacker, sizing him up as he approached with his weapons drawn. While he looked efficient with his blades, Neriah was guessing that he didn't have the centuries of experience that she had tucked away under her belt ready to pull out at a moments notice.

Knowing that she, along with others would need some sort of power boost, the fey'ri cast [i:17nfjbnd]Mass Bull's Strength[/i:17nfjbnd] upon her, Veraka, and the others. Feeling the surge of power course through her veins, the fey'ri waited for the assassin to get within range, then blasted in with a [i:17nfjbnd]Chain-Lighting[/i:17nfjbnd] spell, followed by rapid, but timed and precise stabs with her sais, going in high, low, left right, anywhere there was an opening the fey'ri launched a quick thrust into it.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix