The Vale of Shadow (Part 5)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Moving to door 10 he read the verse and muttered something in another language before speaking." Nothing, they're so simple... it's frightening." He was tired of pleasentries, Oh yes he was, there was no more polite elf opening doors. Eili looked at him [i:31x8b071] Don't kick the door.[/i:31x8b071] He narrowed his eyes at her for a moment before opening it and rather shoving it open he had a blade ready this time.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((yay yall found it...tho weapons and pin/needles would have been funny to see...))

to much relief, nothing happens. the tunnel is like any other tunnel. tall enough for Veraka to not have to stoop. the passgae winds up and the atmosphere of this area is dark and moody. another door is seen further on.
a door familier to many.
Its metal frame and thick hinges stand out along with a spot for a sliding window. the door is solid, sturdy, and heavy. a thin film of underdark mold and spores cover it in splothes despite that this tunnel is in the mountains and close to the base camp. On the next door is located another riddle:

[color=red:3cbr6tcz]There are four brothers in this world that were all born together:
The first he runs and never wearies,
The second eats and is never full.
The third he drinks and is ever thirsty,
And the fourth sings a song that is never good. [/color:3cbr6tcz]

Touching the door cause a tray to pop out with four slits. Each one looks like it needs something relating to the puzzle to on in, in order.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He'd follow the tunnel, rather happy that there was no surprise. Reading the riddle over he shook his head and noticed the mold. " Lovely... we're getting closer to places I care less to go. Welcome home.. is not what i can imagine. Reading the riddle... mage riddles..." he's known human mages to play with riddles like this. He touched the door and smiled seeing the slits. Nodding he'd put water in the first slot. The second one he used a minor fire spell on. The third he just scraped some dirt from the floor and the last one he blew on slowly. Eili watched him[i:2vvwtlw8] Mage apprentice riddles, whoever made these, knew many tricks.. perhaps thats all of what this place is? The trick door... nothing behind it. No tricks just the path. Magi elements here... I think the next one we should let the new happy couple play with.[/i:2vvwtlw8] zek chuckled to the final part" We should... then again being a rogue I can't help but to enjoy ruining their traps."
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

After the nearly drowning within a tidal wave of surging water, Veraka, Neriah and Aurora follow Zek through what seems to be the right door, only to find themselves against a very large metal door.

"Another riddle," Veraka fumed at the newest obstacle.

"If you don't know what it is, then let someone who does take look at it," Neriah seethed at the paladin, wandering if he nagged about everything that she found simple.

"I'm a warrior, not a rogue; I fight out front, taking hits and dealing them back with equal power. Besides, that's what 'instant death on legs' is good; disabling and springing shit like this."

The fey'ri fussed over his reaction, her tail twitching in frustration.

Aurora watched the exchange with amusement, noting how instantly Veraka was to engage the fey'ri in a heated argument; [i:3v5v69kb]well, I suppose I'll just sit back now and make sure the newly weds don't strangle each other,[/i:3v5v69kb] she thought to Zek.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

with all the elements in their correctr slots and sequence, several clicking sounds echo thru the hall. so much for stealth.
the door creaked open slowly as if a hand was guiding it. yet nothing was seen. a main hall of carved tunnels ran ahead, 2 branching off on both sides at even intravels creating 5 intersections. far down, the corridor curved up to another door and was could be guessed, outside to the main camp.
it was clear this was a dungeon of sorts, a prision. now they had to search the dozen of cells. and luck would prove likely she wasnt close.

Inrii's cell contained a magical barrior of sorts so no sounds were heard. Alya just stared at her tapping her soft boot and making no noise. unfortunately she didnt know about the intruders in the dugeon. she was tempted to beat some weakness out of them but tried a different appraoch.
"well, after having failed Mayindia, it seams your so called friends have decided to continue on without you. just completely abondon you to my and the Masked Lord's mercy it seams. i have an idea. let us work together, get them back for such. i know what your thoughts were on that drow male. how sweet would it be to make him kneel before you."
Inrii's reaction was blank as the words sunk in. she nearly nodded. but the pain in her arms reminded her, kept her thinking clearly. Alya thought she had the girl. broken her in. the bard walked over in front of her to look her in the eyes by grabbing Inrii's chin and holding it. Inrii looked away a momnet before she gained a slight bit of energy.
with every bit of effort, she moved so fast her teeth bit into white flesh and refused to let to. Alya was quick with her other had to back hand the sorceress then landed a punch to her bare chest in the ribs.
Inrii just hung there as the bard left shaking her bleeding hand. exiting the cell, she picked up the intruders, the silent warning. she cursed and hurried back to warn the others.

one cell, not too far from the companions held the lizard who had been laying there doing nothing. if Inrii was dead then she didnt care anymore. a load sound startled the lizard who climbed down twords the door that led to her cage and listened.

((if u find a door with her, pause and i'll discribe it. tho u'll have to find a way into the cell))
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Seeing the door open up, Veraka, Neriah, Aurora and Zek entered the compounds dungeon. The aasimar looked around and felt a feeling of hopelessness sink in.

Neriah noted that the locks on most hadn't been used. Right then, Aurora perked her ears up and said [i:1kk8sk2o]I'm picking up something scaly, and. . .[/i:1kk8sk2o] she paused, as if chewing on the thought; [i:1kk8sk2o]the lizard is in one of these cells,[/i:1kk8sk2o] she finished, absolutely positive in her sense of smell.

"Even if your friends lizard is in one of these cells, it would take me, or even your ranger friend some time to pick through the lock," the fey'ri said in a matter-of-fact tone.

Veraka then felt his rage resurface, it's seething anger reaching a boiling point that even he couldn't contain.
"Then we open them UP!" he howled, ramming the nearest door with his shoulder. The lock refused to yield.
Grunting with frustration, Veraka rammed it again, his armor clanging against the metal, the lock groaning in protest, but reaming stubborn.
Roaring with ungodly psychotic wrath, he curled up his fingers, balling his fist into an armored battering ram, and delivered a maximum straight to the lock; the crimson-eyed, berserker raging aasimar plowed through the door, busting the lock and ramming into the cell.
It was empty, but he didn't care; Veraka, in his berserker crazed fury, had two goals: find Inrii and the lizard, and kill those responsible for this debacle.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Zek looked back at Veraka his eyes narrowing slightly." A very simple mage riddle." He said flatly before shaking his head slowly and mused slightly to Aurora [i:17mlyxp8] They need to get a room and just get it over with. I'm getting tired of the squabbling and believe me, Fire and ice are well within my grasp right now.[/i:17mlyxp8] He moved on and looked at the hallway silently before looking at Veraka and his rage." Okay thats it. You two get in the gods forsaken cell now and get it over with." He hissed now his rage was starting to seethe and boil. He looked to Aurora and motioned as Eili slipped out and went about smelling the air and picking up on the brief odor of the lizard she started to all but stalk in the direction. Zek followed silently passing a couple cells before stopping at one and leaned in to the door" Fire lizard.. you in here?" Neriah clearly underestimated the drow's skills with locks. If you couldn't pick, there was always spells and explosives.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((by Tyr's right buttock, you just HAD to say that didn't you Zek? :bored: :devil: ))

Aurora slightly chuckled back to Zek [i:3ddcbevk]I don't think fire at the moment, would have much of an effect on tall, dark and raging. He's not concerned about 'getting it over with', as you so aptly put it.[/i:3ddcbevk]

The fey'ri smiled at the ranger, as if his suggestion had merit; "Though I'd love to 'get it over with' as you so interestingly described, I believe that one with whom you're suggesting that I mate with is a little preoccupied at the moment."
She pointed a slim finger to Veraka, who'd by this time, had busted down another door, not caring if nobody was in it.

"I believe that I would prefer him to vent that interesting rage of his on the doors rather than you, I, or his white wolf."

Veraka howled in frustration at seeing another empty cell in front of him.
"ZARSTRA!!!! You here, lizard?" he roared into the dungeon.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

I did yes))

Whistling almost innocently as he stuffed a small bit of explosive material in the lock he slipped a fuse in and lit it moving away. He looked to Neriah and held up a finger before the resounding BANG rang out in the small area blowing the lock apart. Pushing the door open." Yes I bet you would. Well it'd calm him down wouldn't it? poison needles work just as well.." Shrugging slightly" I know how to deal with beserkers. Mind you' I've lived the life of a rogue, assassin and Dragon Hunter and Mercenary for more years than I'm sure any of these rogues. I let him exhaust himself even the rage gets exhausted. He'll wear himself out in time. I move at my own pace. I learned that from Dragons. They wait patiently coiling tighter and tighter waiting to strike their prey. When they strike the effects are deadly. As you yourself should know from our encounter. And that was just from trying to complete a job." He'd move into the cell he just blew the lock of to see if anyone was inside. Eili looked at her as she waited." Don't mind him, he's usually more laid back. He speaks the truth. He knows how rogues play games and in that, he knows it's only a matter of time before we have a happy meeting with another ambush"
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((admit it, u liked it.... :p ))

the lizard at the door of a cell felt the vibrations. tho whatever magic was around kept her too from hearing anything.
[color=green:cvfd28cg]'stupid silence spell thingy[/color:cvfd28cg],' she thought to herself.
she sensed they were near, yet a good distance still. (i fugured we'd get the lizard after inrii)
the sounds tho were not unnoticed and a drow male made his way to them, the sounds like a beacon to be easily found. of course walking in shadows helped also. the stocky drow moved rather quick and lithe for his thickness. he spotted the group ahead, including one Alya had told them of, the tailed and winged elf. he sent a mental communication to her as he had been instructed.
"friend or foe?"
of course Neriah would know what was implied. and he waited, weapon ready (should he shoot veraka again? lol.) his shortsword was tight in his grip. the blade as black as his skin. looking at the wicked blade he sent a mental word to it, "[color=red:cvfd28cg]here's the flesh i promised you[/color:cvfd28cg]."

the hidden door of Inrii's cell was closed and sealed, located far down and above the rest. a small unnoticable ledge was the only indication of something their.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

(( I did lol))

Walking out of the empty cell quietly, his form well enveloped in the shadows. He paused some listening before removing the cruel bow from it's resting place. He still could feel the spirit in the bow of the dragon who's horns it once adorned. The two had gotten along very well through the ages, it seemed and both knew what the other wanted and worked to get it. Notching an arrow he peered slightly around and Eili whom was in the shadows looked towards the one whom had approached them To zek she mused Young fat drow, waiting to be popped like a waterskin to your nine." Zek smirked, he wouldn't have to kill no he'd maim and interrogate for the answers. Slipping past the doorframe, his eyes adjusting to the darkness very well and once he had the leg of the new figure he released the arrow silently. He knew the difference between the beserker and inrii and others.. for now he'd wait to see the results before pouncing.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

the fatter drow focused on the fey'ri nearly missed the slight whistling sound of the growing dot. with seconds to spare he moved aptly out of the way in a rolling dive. he turned to the ranger with cold blue eyes. the corner of his mouth curved upwards ever so slightly as he moved from sight to appear in an instance somewhere else (phase door), an arcane residue the only evidence he had been just standing elsewhere.
his sword leading, he came in hard on the ranger. his sword appearing fuzy and tranlucent. as he came his mouth had already began a spell (fireshield). (he's a bladesinger since i aint had one of those yet)
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching the actions he smirked some and adjusted his grip on the bow. Eili knew what it meant and ran like hells the ways away. The bow may be made for firing, but it was made for Zek by specific order that it could be used as a melee weapon, and proper use for the horns. Such movements of coming in hard made the action all the sweeter. Catching the bit of movement he'd sidestep and thrusted the bow right towards the incoming one.. The sharp end of the horn of the bow seemed to almost gleam eerily, the string moved away to allow full impalement. It was clear that even in death, the black dragon of who died and the horn bow came from still had the bloodlust." Come on whelp, I'll show you real pain." He muttered darkly with full intentions on making his point known.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

the bladesinger able to ignore and finish the spell had a globe of thin and wispy blue flames surrounding him now. if the ranger got close he would be injured also. he parried the bows attempted blow with quick reflexes of an elf.
the sentient sword began yelling and egging on the drow to strike. and the sword in low at first then feinted to bring it up in an overhead arc attack. the drow then twirled out of the way sidestepping a blow and began another spell.
several (illusionary, but yall dont know yet) shadow being appeared and surrounded the group. long bony arms reached out to strike. the drow had also began the words to Bigsby's crushing hand.
the shadows continue to close in as the drow was interupted by another and parried another blow, just barely. he silently cursed he hadnt been as prepared as normal. and he was beginning to see that the 'bosses' sent him out here to his death.
a strike hit him in the arm knocking his balance off tho he manage to remain safe from the majority of the hit. finally after a good sparing he decided his life wasnt worth it and exited via magical transport.
now the companions could get about the work of what they intended.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Zek was about to make a clear example of things. With his free hand the fingers twitching in both agitation but also severe annoyance. He was preparing a spell himself. Even though this little drow excaped Zek was making a damn clear presence. His hand moved out straight infront of him as a massive fireball erupted infront of him and roared down the hallway that he had taken, knowing Veraka was busting doors open on the otherside. As soon as the fireball left his hand he stalked down the hallway putting the bow away and unsheathing his blades. Eili slowly slinked from around the corner noticing the fireball roaring down the hallway. Bolting down the hall way away from it she'd all but dove into an alcove it seemed to safety.[i:3mcsqgws] Good Gods! He's getting stronger with it![/i:3mcsqgws] she all but reered and hissed eyes wide just watching the inferno blast past her.
Site, story being redone