The Vale of Shadow (Part 5)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

ajo939
Maid
Maid

Post by ajo939 »

As soon as Eliath saw the pillar of flam erupt out from the ground in front of Neriah, he jumped away, and was well out of the reach of their attacks. He sighed, fire elementals were the worst type for any close combat warrior. But Eliath was not too flustered. He took a calming breath, and smiled at Neriah wickedly. "Oh, you are certainly turning out to be a most troublesome little wench. It has been very long since I had to resort to this." Eliath reached into the pack on his belt, and pulled out from it a metal flask, stoppered by a cork of copper. "Gods, but I hate doing this." He uncorked the flask, and a blood red vapor started rising from the flask. "Bottoms up," He said, and drained the whole flask. He fell to one knee, clutching his stomafh, and screaming with pain. But his voice seemed different, as if lower pitched and half a second slower than his own.
Death is an inevitable process of this world. The lords and heroes of this realm kill just as much as I. I simply profit from death, and so they call me evil.

Character Stats:
viewtopic.php?t=1851
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((dont forget the earthquake that just shook everything and sent pillars and statues at yall. at least a pause in battle would occur to maintain balance.
i think its safe to say, dont make any of us mad...;) ))
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

The two siblings bolted from the effects of the tremers to find better ground. Zek prepared his arrows and began firing them at each of the ones whom attacked the parties. The arrows screamed in flight, feathers not even silencing the sounds. His sister however had a far more sinister approach as she unleashed a blast of ice at the red that it was hard to tell whether she cast a spell or actually used a breath attack. In the distance the two watched from afar debating on whether or not to assist or watch from afar." Should we join?" The elder though barely able to tell shook her head." No, let them fight together, I want to see how strong your brother's become. " " Why? What does it matter? Still in the old mindset?" There was silence for awhile" No, I want to see how powerful my son became, if the blood has awakened yet."
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

Naien had to fight for her own balance as the ground under her began to toss about. At least the nuisance of a monk was out of her way, but it soon became replaced with spells and a charging duo. As to the blast of cold flung her way, yes, she hates cold, suffers extra damage from it even, but she came prepared, much of the power stolen from the spell from her previously cast, Resist Elements (first 30 damage resisted).

To answer the threat of being surrounded, and the previous cold damage, her next casting brings the flames from within boiling up to the surface, flames licking out from her eye-sockets and nostrils, she releases a blast of fiery breath, [[b:3ur8ovzz]Firestride Exhalation[/b:3ur8ovzz] 8d6 fire, Reflex DC19 halves (add 1d6 for those hit by Naien's curse) ] a 30 foot wide cone sweeping in centered on Aurora, and reaching 30 feet across the room from Naien, who holds her position until the critical moment, and vanishes within that very jet of roiling flames, seemingly teleported away, as Veraka's stabbing thrust plows in, though not far.

As the flames clear, she's found at the other end of that thirty feet, preparing another spell, while leveling a less commonly used crossbow at Veraka, and lets fly a single bolt. A single bolt, that flares with all the brilliance of torch-light. [[b:3ur8ovzz]Brilliant Blade[/b:3ur8ovzz]] She's sure the bold warrior would doubt the effectiveness of a crossbow bolt against his armor, in fact the cunning Naien is betting on it, the Transmutation in effect upon the bolt, allowing it to pass right through that very armor, ignoring it and all its enhancements.
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt felt the heat not far behind him, though he was certainly out of its range, he wasn't far enough that a stray spark caught on his cloak, and he hurriedly stamped it out, and turned to see who had cast that annoying spell, and his eyes settled on Naien, and he flicked his hand in her direction, and 5 missiles of pure magical energy acred out from his fingertips, and blazed at the dragonspawn. For the moment, he was finished, not taking his eyes off Alya.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Zek seeing the fire breath being used took off to the side, as his sister moved in to the other. Coating an arrow he notched an arrow and pulled the string back all the ways. Taking aim he watched and when he had the open shot he took it. Years of hunting dragons would pay off. As soon as the arrow was unleashed he followed up with another as he was moving. His sister meanwhile was seemingly moving to get a better shot, almost as if charging up for another strike.
Site, story being redone

Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Through the ensuing additions to both sides of this conflict that was not really any longer his own, for his prey in this engagement had long-since been vanquished, Virgil found himself, suddenly at a loss, how to respond, how to react. Fortunately his chain seemed to have hit all marks. Even if the white witch possessed some manner of artifact to channel some of that negative energy into his skeleton, he could grin at the foolishness of it all, it only would serve to fully 'heal' all the remaining damage his undead minion had suffered, battling the Kyton.

When came the earthquake, and falling stones, he many times repeated a simpler invocation, [Hideous Blow], charging again and again, his mace with the full power of his Eldritch Blast, and swinging at whatever few things fall in his direction, even one statue, that might have done him great harm, the impact of his mace, blasting away the top half. In all the confusion though, much of the focus seemed to have dropped from him, and for this he could only be pleased, partly concealed by clouds of dust, one more invocation follows, that when the dust clears, he appears to simply have vanished. [[b:1f7vjwcr]Retributive Invisibility[/b:1f7vjwcr]]
((As Greater Invisibility but with exceptions that I will present if anyone attempts dispelling it. Since, anyone not specifically familiar with Warlock spells, would, if they could tell he was there and invisible, wouldn't likely know the full extent of how this sort of invocation works.))
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Alya saw the warlock disappear. he was good too. too bad he had join the others, or she might had found use for him, even if he was rivvin. she knew the sorceress was nearing around, her spell over her kept her not as worried. for getting too close would cause her trouble.
if only she had just taken what was offered.
Alya was enjoying the fight. and each minute was pumping her up for more. a mushroom powder, saffron, and fat mixture was in her hand and with the correct words and precise hand movements she cast the spell (true seeing).
as she did so, her sword was up and defending a blow coming at her from two different sides, their attempt to interrupt her spell or thinking her helpless just missed.
back flipping, her cloak of shadows trailing behind, she moved and swung the black energy that consisted of her sword around for a strike (an attacker)
her words began to sing a soft melody rising in pitch and intensity. it was a simple spell, but she sent it twords the warlock (charm spell).
what she didnt expect...
--
Inrii's waited for her chance, then lashed out with Fire Cracker (whip). but the bard moved in time. she nearly collapsed as Alya's spell wracked her again. she knew she had to do something, for Alya was just getting started.
--
Zarstra was all but forgotten on the ceiling, a good thing. her hands warmed up quick, her favorite spell she loved- burning hands, well claws.
she waited, then released herself from the ceiling and landed atop if the bard, claws digging in scratching her flawless skin.
(who would expect that? hehehe...but i got another surprise coming soon, next round when i reply again for Alya. spellcaster's might hate me...)
Alya screamed more from frustration and the fact a lizard just clawed her face. her hand reached up to grab the emerald lizard as Zarstra's tail went in for a slap, the spikey ridge leaving another cut on her beautiful face. (a slight opening tho it will not be fatal damage)
--
ignoring the paralyzing pain, Inrii tried to get over there as she saw Alya grab Zarstra and move to sling her. the lizard was air born moving for the wall at unthinkable speeds.

(now Inrii's mad!)
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora jumps nimbly up and over the cone of fire, her wolf reflexes going hyper-active. Seeing her best animal friend, the lizard Zarstra, get flung across the room from Alya, Aurora jumped for the lizard.

An emerald green patch could be seen on Aurora's fur as her white fur coat intercepted the flying lizard.
[i:2gjkl2r8]Now we can't have you go missing from our group, now can we,[/i:2gjkl2r8] the winter wolf jested toward the lizard.

Veraka, adrenaline fueling his reflexes and the Berserker raging in his veins, jumped backwards and to the left. Skidding to halt on his armor, the aasimar recovers from his dodge and resumes his stance, until searing pain lances up his sword-arm. Looking down, Veraka sees that the arrow had penetrated his bracer and was embedded in his arm.

The aasimar gripped the shaft of the arrow and snapped it off. Then summoning the energies stored within Marala Vharc, Veraka roared as he summoned the most powerful spell stored in his sword, [i:2gjkl2r8]Storm of Vengeance[/i:2gjkl2r8]. Dark clouds gathered within the entire area as Veraka's storm gathers its strength. With dark, evil eyes looming down upon the fight, the storm sends down lighting bolts, which crack the very air around them, sending thunder booming down upon the companions and their adversaries. (Fortitude save=17 or be deafened for 1d4×10 minutes))
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt whistled, "Nice fireworks Veraka, when did you get THAT?" He pointed at the storm, which didn't affect him in the slightest. "By the way, I would suggest investing in better armor, eh? Or did you plan on ripping arrows out of your arm all your life." He winked, "Or forsake armor altogether, and learn to dodge, eh?" He flipped a somersault to land six feet in front of where he was before, and closed the distance between himself and Alya in a few seconds. His hands burst into flames, and he launched flurry of blows in her direction.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

(( Dragons are this ranger's Favored enemy. ))

Zek quickly put a waxy substance in his ears hearing the thunder and seeing well how lividly pissed Veraka was. His twin did the same knowing if her brother was protecting himself something was going to happen. Zek made his way towards the fire breather, he was done playing around. Drawing out the black ichored blade he muttered cruely in draconic." I've slain over a hundred dragons who served the tyrant queen. I have no qualms on slaying a thousand more if I have to" Coating the blade as he moved forwards. Once the blade was coated he tossed the phial aside and drew out one of the silver swords. His sister hung back mostly though prepared her own attack waiting for her own time to strike.
Site, story being redone

Grahl
Maid
Maid

Post by Grahl »

Sorely pressed, caught between duty and her uncommon tactical sense of living to fight another day, as well finding that there is more than simply her prey and his wolf focusing on her, she who was supposedly a minor player in this battle, Naien began to give ground, and retreating at the same walking pace as the approaching ranger, backing away that is, until a welcome (to her) pair of late-comers to the battle, pushed through another portal, the first bracing her shoulder with an assuring hand, and a prepared fireball firing off at the nearing ranger. Second through the portal, came a beast, larger than a horse, thick and sturdy, a beast looking somewhere between a rhino, and a red dragon.

Nixue, finally recovered, from his ordeal assisting with the 'eviction' of a deserter from Tiamat's army, from his lair, has come with reinforcements. A big grin found Naien's face, and both of the Arcaniss mages moved to flanking positions on their battle mount. It's then they find they must duck for cover, under the sturdier beast, that though hurt, clearly, is not yet in bad condition. The reply, comes in loud and clear, as the beast roars, and launches into a dead-on charge aimed to plow Veraka into the wall at full force, perhaps even to gore him upon black jagged horns, on the Firebelcher's snout.

Exposed, Nixue and Naien pair off, Nixue casting fireball after fireball, using up the remaining charges on the lent wand, alternating his shots at the ranger with the poisoned blade, and Aurora. Meanwhile, Naien's crossbow enchantments become even more insidious, repeating the same spell on another bolt, and adding to it, [[b:kyqjo4rm]Arrow of Bone[/b:kyqjo4rm] +4 Attack Bonus, Instant Death, Fort Save DC:21 negates Death but takes 3d6+15 Cold Damage, bolt is destroyed on impact.] This cruel combination is let fly alongside the Firebelcher's charge, also aimed for Veraka.

((I know, I know, no killing the other characters, but while I'm fairly sure Veraka, as a Paladin can take it (it is a necromantic spell BTW), it does nothing to prevent resurrections. Take heart, Nixue is the younger, and his spells/day and caster level is inferior to Naien's, if they haven't made much of a dent when his spells run out, Naien will withdraw.))
:evillol:
Red Dragon: See how the elf writhes as it burns, Little Naien?
Young Naien: Oooooh! So beautiful, can I burn one?! PLEASSSSE?!
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((i was allowing for Virgil a chance, but i dont want this RP to die...))

"pathetic [i:3dxp8dp6]jabuk[/i:3dxp8dp6]! You should have chosen a better path. I will have no problems removing you," she called to Zazzt.
Alya danced out of the way and twirled bringing up her blade, shadows trailing behind it, to strike at his hands. he had come close to hitting her, a slight graze on the loose fabric. the fire didnt burn the enchanted scalemail. she jumped back from another fury that grazed her and forced her back. she again swung the sword in for another swipe. (its negative/shadow energy)
an obscuring mist then surrounded her, as she moved out of range of another blow (from whoever this time)
the sound of thunder was annoying more than anything and was show well on her (half) masked face, the ringing in her ears and the pendent working hard to reverse the effects. she sang the words of a new spell attempting to blind her enemies with one powerful word.

Inrii's hand went up over her ears as it made her stop there in her tracks. she didnt see the white furfall catch Zarstra. no her eyes were blazing crimson orbs of fury and hate at the moment, all directed to this so called contact.
energy built up in her, a familiar feeling that had occurred twice before. both times had saved her life, drawing on some inner dark power, and both had been fueled by rage.
dark energy like fire was faintly seen around her and gradually building in intensity. (release the inner dragon!)
Inrii had no spells but her hands went up and the black fire shot forth twords the bard hidden in the midst of the fog.
it didnt hurt her as she was protected well, but it took her by surprise, and opened an opportunity for an attack

Zarstra was a bit shaken from the small ordeal (large to her) as she wasnt even able to joke back. she just clung to the wolf.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt managed to dodge the blade by rolling backwards, and jumping up to his feet again, he gave Alya a smile, "I think I will have to disprove you on that one. Unless of course, you decide to abandon all you have accomplished thus far, and join our cause. However, I think there is as much chance of that as the tarrasque becoming a docile beast of burden, I will be forced to continue this fight." He yawned, and reached into the pack behind his back, and drew a staff from the small satchel. It was obviously extemely well made, bound in adamantine, and a fist sized ruby adorned one end of the polished wood. Zazzt expertly twirled the staff around his head, and in an instant, brought the staff down in front of him, a ball of fire blossoming from its ruby tip, and streaking for Alya (DC 17).

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((still tryin to use magic on her? u didnt use the staff to hit right?
she did use power word blind...if someone want to take it.))

Alya might have been distracted to the dark fire hitting her to throw a counterspell, but the flames mostly disipated as the energy was absorbed quickly thru the wards. Alya felt the heat and it annoyed her, the smell of singed something hit her nose. again the pendient was ready to regenrate any damage that had been done quickly.
"join you? HA! the Masked Lord will crush you as any who stand with his enemies."
her voice was dark and deep as she began channeling raw divine energy thru her. she began the next spell (Time Stop).

the power spent out of Inrii caused her to slumped to the ground. now she felt worse than before. she could barely move. she managed to bring her hand up to sign the signal to Zek to open the coffer...

(dun dun dun...just dont hate me yall...)