A spell gone awry...

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Post Reply
Vailintin
Traveler
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:52 am

Post by Vailintin » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:42 am

[quote:3rrsg720]"ATTACK! It's an ambush, they're trying to kill us!"[/quote:3rrsg720]

For Tristian, this is all he needed to hear, all the signal he needed, and as Drow lizard riders closed, he makes the daring move to dive into the path of one of the lizards, doing his level best to pull the beast's head so as to make eye contact, while on his back letting himself get dragged through the charge. Reaching out through his Wild Empathy, implores the lizard, [color=green:3rrsg720]~My brother, we are not your enemy, I know they have broken your will, but not your spirit. Help us, and I shall see you free to return to the wilds.~[/color:3rrsg720] The projected words, more a thought, combined with emotions mostly very basic so as not to have misunderstandings, sending a sense of sympathy and kinship, and of the unconditional love of family.

As a druid, he does not want these animals hurt, and thus, he must try to save one, and perhaps one can tell its brethren to protect this friend of lizards.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Vailintin, the chaos he has made, though minor, is satifaction enough, and now he sprints into the fray, targeting the first foot-soldier he can reach and then beginning his dance, opening up with a dagger thrust to the throat, and coming around, he rolls over that one's back, sweeping across with a kick to the face of the next behind. In this motion the dagger is ripped free, its cruel shape tearing out jugular along with it and trailing a thin line of blood through the air. As he comes down off the roll and kick, he plants his feet squarely, and thrusts in, with his rapier to the next charging victim in line. The wound itself, not lethal, and yet the sight of him dying on the spot, as if that unseen blade, were sucking the life right out of him, much like the drain of a feeding vampire, might surely give a number of them some pause to consider how the soon cold body falls over dead, with hardly a visible wound to show for it.

This singular feeding of that hungry sword though, only begins to drive Vailintin into new heights of speed and strength, launching into a deadly dance that begins slicing many more throats, and spraying blood all about in a display that to infra-vision may appear a cloud of spray centered around nothing at all. All the while, the bloody dance continues, and every so often another is fed to the rapier, bolstering the high of stolen vitality it gives to Vailintin.
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)

User avatar
Zanathie Avuna
Traveler
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Zanathie Avuna » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:44 am

[i:39ja56nc]Ugghh, that was a waste of time,[/i:39ja56nc] the half drow told her animal companion, the Siberian tiger.
The ranger and her partner walked away from Menzoberranzan in disappointment. The bounty they were seeking hadn't been there, and now she had no idea where to look. [i:39ja56nc]What do you think, Vlad? What should we do? Pay a visit to the surface, go to boss, or continue our search?[/i:39ja56nc]

[i:39ja56nc]I'm not sure, Zan,[/i:39ja56nc] the giant tiger known as Vladmir or Vlad, responded. [i:39ja56nc]I suppose we can spend of few more days in the Underdark, it wouldn't hurt.[/i:39ja56nc]

Though she was only half drow, she could still enter Menzoberranzan without too much difficulty, for her boss had powerful allies there. Vlad, on the other hand, attracted way too much attention due to his snow white fur and black stripes. In a land of darkness, he stuck out like a beacon. The half drow female was garbed in all black leather with light black armor on her shoulders and chest, so she had no problem blending in. Even though she was a bounty hunter and stealth was key, she found it useless to use a piwafwi due to Vladmir.

Walking through a tunnel leading away from the city, they contemplated their next move. Their bounty had been a giant Aasimar blood male who was about a solid foot taller than her. From the image she had seen of him, he should stick out like a soar thumb, but to no avail, she hadn't seen him anywhere yet.

[i:39ja56nc]You hear that?[/i:39ja56nc] Vlad asked, his ears perking up and looked around, alert.

[i:39ja56nc]What?[/i:39ja56nc] Zana heard nothing. She listened more intently, and hear shouts of many voices. [i:39ja56nc]What is this? A battle in the tunnels. Again? Can't the drow just be peaceful for once?[/i:39ja56nc]

[i:39ja56nc]Not in a million years, [/i:39ja56nc]Vlad snorted. Curiosity got the best of Zana and she slowly crept closer to the battle, staying close to the shadows. The tunnel she was coming out of was on a slight incline, and she looked down to where it met with the next. About a hundred feet away she saw two patrol groups fighting a group of travelers. From the looks of it, it was a powerful female drow and a fay'ri who were taking slaves to the city. [i:39ja56nc]Why would a patrol stop them,[/i:39ja56nc] she wondered. Vlad crept up to her side and crouched and observed.

"Wait," Zana whispered in amazement. "It can't be."

[i:39ja56nc]What?[/i:39ja56nc] Vlad said, then he saw him too. [i:39ja56nc]Happy day.[/i:39ja56nc]

The Aasimar they were looking for happened to be in that party. The fay'ri then went around and cut the binds on him. It then dawned on her that this was no group of slaves and masters, they were all just friends traveling together. [i:39ja56nc]But for what purpose? [/i:39ja56nc]Zana asked. [i:39ja56nc]How do we go about this? Capturing the aasimar? He's a behemoth.[/i:39ja56nc]

Zana then noticed the second patrol group coming around to flank them. She pulled out her long bow and a few arrows. She brought up the bow, straightened her shoulders and back, took aim at the lead drow, and fired. Being the marksmen that she was, the drow fell off his mount arrow protruding from his heart.

User avatar
Arya Baenre
Resident
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:57 am
Contact:

Post by Arya Baenre » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:22 am

[color=darkred:7uq1u9dr]The lizard stops just before Tristian, mouth half open to remove the elf from its path just as Tristian calls to it. Shaking its head, the lizard stumbles backwards, as if trying to brush something off before sitting upright again, causing the flow of drow to halve as it covers their entrance. The lizard turns around suddenly, lashing out at one drow before turning back to Tristian, as if to do the same to him but stopping, continuing to repeat the action, though it slowly grows useless as the drow steer clear of the lizard, obviously caught within the middle of years of obedience brutally ingrained and its instinctual need to do whatever to survive. One drow grabs the saddle and pulls himself atop the lizard, raising his sword arm and plunging it downward, just where the head became thick neck. Twisting his sword sideways, the blade ripped out of one side, spraying the wall with blood just before the lizard slammed its back into the wall in its dying throes, killing the drow.

Dark elven eyes are drawn, almost immediately, to a large man as he makes his way past the two women, sword in hand. The drow target him, each raising a crossbow and letting the bolts fly out at him, ducking immediately as they set the next bolt in place, two more drow leaping over them and coming at Veraka, one drow stepping forward with a mace in hand, swinging at his head just as the other, with two half-arm's length daggers, swipes an X for his feet.

Neriah's spell is well cast, for, moments later, five magical missiles fly at her followed by a sheet of lightning at Kathryn. Two wizards appear just behind the line of drow as they start to pile up near Veraka, fingers moving in the midst of another spell.
[/color:7uq1u9dr]

Kathryn dodges the lightning bolt late enough for it to clip into her shoulder. Growling at the pain, she takes her whip in her other hand, swinging it at the drow that slip past Veraka, the death of one of the lizard riders near them causing her to turn and looks past shadows, though she can't see beyond them. Nodding her thanks at the stranger, who she now knows is there, she strikes at the lizard before it can rear and attack, having less qualms about it than Tristian seemed to have with the other lizard. Wary now of turning her back on the stranger should it prove unwise, Kathryn slowly allows herself to be led near a wall, lashing out at the drow around her again and again, letting the snakes do most of the job for her.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.


Your hair is pretty like a tree.

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by veraka » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:26 pm

[color=red:3ltlmu0r]Three of the charging fighters, as well as two lizard riders turn to see their two comrades fall, one to the unknown vampiric weapon, the other to being the unlucky last person in line.

Two of fighters blitzed in, meeting Vailintin's furious assault with one of their own, each using a unique combat style, that was sure to keep the tiefling on his toes against them. Both of them also compensated for the other's moves. Where one fighter would make a low, critical strike, the other came in fast hard and relentless, slashing and hacking with dual swords. ((One's a pretty high lvl fighter, so not an easy take down))

The third drow held back, pulled out his crossbow, and loaded it, taking aim at the tiefling, as both lizard riders did the same, pulling out their hand crossbows, and splitting up, letting their lizards sticky feet climb all over the cavern walls.
One of the wizards noted the fall of his comrades, not that he cared, better them than he, as the typical drow logic went, and chanted the words a [b:3ltlmu0r]Mass Haste[/b:3ltlmu0r]. Speed endowed the two fighters as well as the lizard riders' mounts, giving them an added 50% movement bonus to their already considerable maneuverability. The two fighters taking on Vailtintin became faster, their swings deadlier, finer, more precise, as well as their dodges, parries, and counters.

The other wizard continued on to the fight along with the remainder of the second patrol. Though, instead of joining directly in the battle, they took out their crossbows, and with the wizard casting a [b:3ltlmu0r]Fireball[/b:3ltlmu0r], took careful aim to Kathryn, Neriah, the huge paladin that now was on the forefront of their defense. Yet Aurora wasn't within their targeted area.[/color:3ltlmu0r]


Veraka, paladin and storm warrior of the Platinum Dragon, surges forward, raising his adamantine shield to deflect the crossbow bolts that are sent his way from the drow behind the two fighters. The aasimar feels his armor abosrb hit after hit from the bolts, not sure if any of them penetrated, as adrenaline coursed its way through his veins like a tsunami.
Veraka thunders in, meeting mace charging drow with powered shield-bash, while simultaneously driving Marla Vharc, tip first, toward the low incoming drow.
Being a bastard sword in length, the crackling weapon, he knew, [b:3ltlmu0r]would[/b:3ltlmu0r] reach the drow before those daggers would even scathe his mithral-plate boots. It was kill or be killed for the drow, so Veraka decided to up the stakes, giving him the ultimatum right here and now.


Neriah absorbs the magic missiles with practiced ease, letting her training in the Art do the work. She took the five missiles full-on, her magical ward already doing its work in helping her shrug off the attack.
"My turn," she says with a wicked grin and goes through the motions and wording to cast [b:3ltlmu0r]Wall of Fire[/b:3ltlmu0r] between her, Kathryn and the drow that are getting past Veraka. When the shield is effectively up and between her, Kathryn and the other drow, the fey'ri begins casting [b:3ltlmu0r]Ice Storm[/b:3ltlmu0r] intending on sending it hurtling right for the spellcasters backing the drow fighters up.
She then starts to prepare for another spell, smiling with pride as she watches her husband hold back the two drow fighters, even starting to take to the fight to them, effectively cutting off anymore from getting through potentially. What made her smile even more was the pair of ice-blue eyes, which were staring down upon Veraka and the pair of drow fighters.

A blast of icy fury roared down upon the two drow and the aasimar, intending to freeze them all in place.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

User avatar
Zanathie Avuna
Traveler
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Zanathie Avuna » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:50 pm

Continuing to aim and fire arrows, Zana looks on at the fight. It's looks like organized confusion, so much happening, yet everyone is fighting someone and those guards who were not currently engaged were being shot down by Zana. A few of the guards with crossbows took note of her and began to direct their fire at her. Zana stood up and danced form side to side, dodging arrows and firing in return.

Vlad, on the other hand, had become bored, and none the less decided to get involved. He leaped into the air and to the side, avoiding whatever arrows came at him. Vlad jumped onto the nearest drow a tore at his throat. [i:hmsyfg45]Didn't see that coming, no did you?[/i:hmsyfg45] he said mockingly to the now dead drow. He saw his next opponent come from his back right; being nearly five foot tall just standing on four legs, he easily saw the guard. Vlad reared onto his hind legs and swept out with both front paws. He grasped the drow's head with both massive paws, and tore through his skull with claws sharper than the finest of swords. The drow stopped flailing and fell in a pool of his own blood, head torn to shreds.

[i:hmsyfg45]Be careful, Vlad. No need to put yourself in any more danger than you need to be in,[/i:hmsyfg45] Zana cautioned.

[i:hmsyfg45]Don't worry, you forget I'm the height of most female drow, and I've got claws and teeth that are sharper than most weapons.[/i:hmsyfg45]

Zana released an arrow that flew by Vlad withing a hand's width and into an opponent that was closing in on the main group. [i:hmsyfg45]Good shot,[/i:hmsyfg45] Vlad commented, [i:hmsyfg45]but a little too close for comfort.[/i:hmsyfg45]

Vailintin
Traveler
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:52 am

Post by Vailintin » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:46 am

Tristian, his mind so engaged with the lizard as it began to fight back, desperately, though ultimately futilely, began to share those moments, meaning full well to keep his word to the creatures, bet then a gout of blood as that sword ran through the scaled neck hit his face, and much to his terror he could only watch, trying to deny the sight as the head was cut free. Down fell his eyes to that fallen head, in his mind a silent prayer passes to all the general deities of nature, asking them to receive the lizard and let it know its death was not in vain.

The storm of emotions welling in the druid in those couple seconds, gone from terror, to sorrow, now turns to fury, in his heart, in his mind, intending to be for nature the hand of her wrath. Back he tosses his hood, letting those drow around him bear witness to the visage of a moon elf, one with those red-glowing eyes, eyes glaring at the slayer of the lizard with such fiery rage, and without a care for being unarmed, throws himself at that Drow, coming on with bare fists, aiming to slug him in the face. With all likely-hood taking a sword in the gut and though this causes him a twinge of pain, though he looks at the futile adamantine weapon, that look of rage, turns to a scowl, then quickly to a grin, as if it just didn't matter.

It didn't either, a natural lycanthrope, his racial damage reduction simply ignored that minor inconvenience, these fools did not likely come armed with silver weapons, such has little use in Underdark. Then, reaching down deep, Tristian's flesh erupts in the brutal transformation, from slender, pale, five-foot moon elf, to the ten-foot muscled terror of a Dire Werebat, growling, and issuing a shrieking cry as it completes, painful to sensitive ears, but the call to attack to his feral kin waiting above.

As for the little dark elf before him, out lunges one great hand to grab the slender little lizard-slayer by the throat, crushing it in a savage, uncaring grip, then lifts the limp body to take a deep gory bite into the torso, only to leave the flesh, gulp down a generous portion of blood, and toss the corpse into the backs of lizard-riders aiming for Vailintin, as for that pig-sticker in his gut, this is pulled out, and hatefully flung across the way toward the patrol's wizard.

Meanwhile the air begins to fill with a half-dozen dire bats, hungry, and swooping in upon random victims of either patrol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spotted, Vailintin hardly believes that they would have figured out so fast, that he had found a way to mask himself from their infra-vision, but as he finds himself being targeted by opponents that know his location, apparently having shifted their vision into the visible-light spectrum, he holds back from his whirling dance, and cancels the darklight, casting him, his surroundings, and opponents back into the absolute darkness of this underground realm. Expecting the change, he is quick to switch his vision back, then reaches into his own racial powers, dropping a globe of darkness over the pair coming on him, hoping to have it upon them before their eyes adjust to the lighting change. Fiendish blood within him, he heads right into the magical darkness, where he maintains a limited range of ability to still see, the ruse of course, is to have everyone that was focused on him believe they have suddenly gone blind ( though those outside the globe would soon enough realize otherwise.)

For all their speed, he hold the advantage then, and not bothering to come in head on, but taking his time, to sneak about the perimeter, move in from behind, and at once, thrust rapier into one's back, while seizing the other's trailing ankle with his tail and twisting away to tug it out from under the second fighter. By then, estimating the enemies outside the globe have guessed his trick, he ducks low to the floor, and tosses out a precious little item he'd stolen during his years wandering the tunnels. For the drow outside the globe, there is that mere second the little white, glowing ball arcs out to strike the floor, and then the area flashes into the brilliance of a Daylight spell. Again, expecting this Vailintin shields his eyes, as his darkness globe dispels, and his eyes work to shift back to normal light spectrum.

Through it all, silent praises reach his mind, the ever hungry sword, still fueling him with enhancements from the vampire-like feedings of the sentient blade, [color=darkred:2mcqp61k]<< Clever, most clever, let us not keep our Mistress waiting now, we promised her carnage and terror after all.>>[/color:2mcqp61k] Not needing much prompting, he's back up into the fight, focusing on a likely light-dazed audience, with a rapid 4-count volley of throwing daggers. These, his first favorite tavern game, he throws with expert marksmanship, each little sharp missile launched at defenseless throats.
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)

User avatar
Arya Baenre
Resident
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:57 am
Contact:

Post by Arya Baenre » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:31 am

[color=darkred:28vjanix]The drow, having just barely survived the lizard, finds himself attacked by the white elf, who promptly launches a fist to his face. He manages to score a small wound to the elf, but his sword is soon proved useless as, before he even realises it doesn't hurt the elf, the elf is too close for him to swing.

Seeing his sudden transformation, the drow stumbles backwards to leave the fight just before he is grabbed by the now-turned dire bat, his scream ripped away seconds before his life follows suit.

The patrol now turn their eyes to the dire bat and its many friends, some having seen the transformation, and the final few entering having missed it. Realising that he is now a liability, five drow stalk in just before Neriah's fire shield springs up, cutting them off from the other drow. A moment's hesitation, but they are at him before it ends, two wielding dual swords, the other three pairing their blades with a small dagger in their less dominant hand.
[/color:28vjanix]
---

[color=indigo:28vjanix]Being a bastard sword in length, the crackling weapon, he knew, would reach the drow before those daggers would even scathe his mithral-plate boots.[/color:28vjanix]
[color=darkred:28vjanix]
The drow attempts to angle his body as he sees the sword coming in at him, though he finds he is too late as it drives into his arm and out, slicing through chainmail to score on his chest. He's learned for this, he knows, and so he continues the angle, twisting and letting out a roar as it causes more pain, fingers switching the direction of the dagger which he now aims at the man's chest, his scream raising in pitch as he does so, far too stunned to even sob as tears pour down his face when the movement twists the sword in his arm. He whispers a quick prayer to Llolth that his good arm, which he feels less and less, holds on long enough for his to stab the bastard whose sword was ripping at his arm, fighting back dizzyness as the world suddenly goes black.

The drow with the mace, meanwhile, staggers backwards, dropping the weapon from shock and falling to his knees. Which he finds goes in his favour as the crossbowmen let out a second volley, despite the drow right in front of Veraka.
[/color:28vjanix]

Moving away from the fire, Kathryn suddenly lets go of the whip in mid swing as the snakes latch on to one drow, having read her mind. The drow in front of her comes in for an attack, hesitating in surprise for one second, which is more than enough for Kathryn, who grabs the drow immediately and shoves him through the fire, her slender form belying her strength. Twirling away from the fire, she pulls out a tiny rod that, as she flips it, extends on both sides to become a quarterstaff. The drow closest to her falls in after the first as she dodges his lunge and slams the staff on his back, pushing him into the fire. The last drow that had escaped the fire shield stands paralyzed, and she collects her whip, twirling the staff before cracking it against his head, lip curling slightly at the crack that sounds. Free now, she nods at Neriah, "Nice one,".

[color=darkred:28vjanix]The mace-wielding drow looks up just as the ice storm descends upon him on its way to the wizards, who promptly raise their shields, faces grim as one casts another lightning spell towards them, the other retaliating Neriah's ice storm. The one on the right loses his shield and, for a moment, is attacked before he snaps a command word, another one shimmering into view. A third wizard comes up from behind, and it is clear by the way he walks he either has much power or believes he does. [/color:28vjanix]
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.


Your hair is pretty like a tree.

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by veraka » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:40 pm

[color=red:3bflewil]Their regular daylight vision becoming useless against the tiefling, the drow switch back to infravision. The expert swordsman of the drow fighters feels his foot suddenly give out from under him. Seeing the fighter next to him go down, the drow rolls away from his fallen comrade, only to come up into blindness.[/color:3bflewil]

[quote:3bflewil]For the drow outside the globe, there is that mere second the little white, glowing ball arcs out to strike the floor, and then the area flashes into the brilliance of a Daylight spell.[/quote:3bflewil]

[color=red:3bflewil]Instantly a globe of darkness drops around the Daylight spell, blotting it out, even as several fighters cry out in agony, their vision temporarily blinded.
The wizard knows what he's doing as he casts [i:3bflewil]Protection from Alignment-Chaos[/i:3bflewil] onto himself and the master swordsman. Following up on his spells, the drow mage launches a barrage of [i:3bflewil][Magic Missiles[/i:3bflewil] at the tiefling, just as the master swordsman lights him up with purple faerie fire.
The faint 'twang' gave sign to crossbows being fired overhead, as three of the lizard riders found their target and retaliated in kind.

The swordsman heard one of his comrades go down with a sickening impact to the neck; whirling his blades around in a defensive style. There was resounding clank as his blades deflected a throwing dagger.

While this is going on, the other two lizard riders fire off both of their hand crossbows at the shining paladin, just as the wizard from the second patrol turns his attention to Tristian and the Dire Bats in the area. Growling a few choice drow curses, the mage conjures his own monster to fight; [b:3bflewil]Summon Monster IV[/b:3bflewil].
A large size fiendish spider bursts forth from thin air, and immediately sets out toward the Dire bars, it's fangs dripping poison and hungry ravishment. The wizard follows up immediately with [b:3bflewil]Crushing Despair[/b:3bflewil] at Tristian and his summoned Dire Bats.[/color:3bflewil]


The giant aasimar yanks his sword out of the dead drows arm, and has barely enough time to jump back from a hail of crossbow bolts that are sent flying down upon him from the ceiling.

Veraka, sensing imminent danger, dropped into a defensive crouch, shield covering his upper chest and head, just as the crossbow volley came in. To the aasimar's surprise, the bolts passed over the drow in front of him and clanged into his shield and armor, Veraka being the bigger of the two.

The storm warrior notices a lighting bolt as well as an [b:3bflewil]Ice Storm[/b:3bflewil], pass over him, aimed towards his wife and Kathryn behind him and the blazing inferno wall. However, this time he hears the audible 'TWANG!' from the ceiling, but fails to dodge the incoming bolts. Pain lances through his leg as one of the quarrels finds its way into a crevice in his armor.

"Neriah; the ceiling, if you don't mind," he shouts back towards his fey'ri wife while rushing forth towards the next oncoming drow, shield-bashing the one on his knees, halting just in time to see Aurora's icy blast hurtle in and do its freezing damage on the incoming drow, though it didn't stop them
[i:3bflewil]Good to see you haven't abandon me too.[/i:3bflewil]

[i:3bflewil]Don't thank me just yet,[/i:3bflewil] the wolf retorts, giving what looks to be a grin on her white face, right as a [b:3bflewil]Fireball[/b:3bflewil] is lobbed overt their heads toward the drow spellcasters.


The fey'ri curses as both a lighting bolt and an Ice Storm hurtle in towards her and Kathryn. Moving her lips to mutter the words, Neriah jumps toward Kathryn, closing the distance between the two, and hurls her [b:3bflewil]Greater Dispel Magic[/b:3bflewil] at the floor, encompassing both the drow priestess and herself right before the Ice Storm and electrical bolt impact.

Hearing her husband, the fey'ri mutters another curse, this time merely opening her hand to shoot forth an [b:3bflewil]Arc of Lighting[/b:3bflewil] toward the two lizard riders.
Last edited by veraka on Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

User avatar
Bergeth'fryn
Regular
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by Bergeth'fryn » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:18 pm

Barvl winced as he saw the people he took for friends being fought by evil drow. Still in his shadowy observatory he found the most impressively armed and armored of the evil drow and seeing it to be female, he guessed she would be a priest, this was quickly shown to be true as she hurled a spell. Barvl readied his favorite obsidian and ebony dagger as he stepped from shadow directly behind the priestess and prepared to ram the dagger up into her skull from the base of the neck.
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.

User avatar
Zanathie Avuna
Traveler
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Zanathie Avuna » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:05 pm

Zana continued to play sniper, fending off the drow that hadn't been engaged in the fight and those who were attempting to flank the main group. She noticed yet another person enter. But he wasn't necessarily drow, but of the Shadow plane. [i:2szb66au]Interesting, never met one of them before,[/i:2szb66au] she thought to herself. She also noticed that there was quick a bit of spell fighting going on. [i:2szb66au]Vlad, be careful of those spells. I don't want you being hurt, or killed for that matter.[/i:2szb66au] She told Vladmir, remembering her mother and how she had seen her slain in front of her. No child should ever have to see that, but that was the harsh reality of the world she lived in. Vlad was all she had left.

[i:2szb66au]Don't worry, I'll be careful. You concentrate on covering me and the others,[/i:2szb66au] he said, knowing why she was always so adamant about his safety.

User avatar
Bergeth'fryn
Regular
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by Bergeth'fryn » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:28 pm

Barvl grinned as the priestess fell limp to the ground. His grin quickly turned to a scowl, however, as he saw that three of the male warriors had noticed him. He sheathed his dagger and drew the metal rod on his belt. At his mental command, a blade slid out of it sideways (think kama) and the barbed metal ball on the end dropped as ten feet of chain unfurled from the inside of the rod.
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.

User avatar
Arya Baenre
Resident
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:57 am
Contact:

Post by Arya Baenre » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:45 am

[color=darkred:3dmq4xlr]As the priestess crumples to the ground, three males turn their attention to her killer, each drawing a thin rapier and dagger, and heading towards him. A few steps behind, another priestess turns after them as well, brandishing her whip and narrowing her eyes.

The three males attack first, the first one tossing his dagger at the Barvl and the other two coming in fast after the first attack on either side, weapons high and low.

---

Both crossbowmen fall from the ceiling, the first dying, but the second one fortunately has the dead drow as a cushion. Rolling off of the dead corpse, the drow slips another bolt into the crossbow, aiming at the fey'ri and letting the bolt loose.[/color:3dmq4xlr]

---

"Vith!" Kathryn opens her eyes, realising that she feels nothing, and grins at Neriah. "I owe you one. I guess I regret never learning magic now." She looks back through the fire shield, twirling her staff in her hands and looking for an opening for more drow to come past.

---
[color=darkred:3dmq4xlr]The third priestess, among the other wizards casting spells at Neriah and Kathryn, is clearly the leader. She turns, lifting her hand to make a sharp gesture to the wizard behind her who nods, bending slowly as his spell is cast.

The air in front of him shimmers, and slowly opens, forming a wide circle. Red mist swirls out from the gate, and the wizard steps back, three drow soldiers moving around him in a diamond formation. A large sound, and then the gate disappears, replaced with the unmistakeable, 12 foot tall figure of a balor.

The wizard points to the group before them, "Kill them all."

This is all the balor needs, and it turns and dashes at them, sword cutting a line in front of him, and whip raised to follow through. The drow in its path dash away, and the balor raises his sword above his head, catching part of the ceiling as he does so, and swings down at Veraka, chunks of rock falling down around them as well.[/color:3dmq4xlr]
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.


Your hair is pretty like a tree.

User avatar
Bergeth'fryn
Regular
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by Bergeth'fryn » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:23 pm

Barvl snarled as he twisted around the flung dagger and hurled the spiked ball at the end of the chain toward the thrower. He rose to the balls of his feet and bent his knees bringing him to about 3/4 of his full height of five feet. His jaw dropped at the twisting of reality and the arrival of the Balor. He began an acrobatic retreat towards his friends, being sure to keep his eyes open, not caring about getting in any strikes so much as avoiding them.
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.

User avatar
Zanathie Avuna
Traveler
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Zanathie Avuna » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:44 pm

Zana noticed a portal open and the drow wizard and guards step back. She noticed a huge, demonic looking creature appear from the gate. "Shit," she muttered to herself, it was a Balor. She had only heard of these creatures and knew that few existed. Since they were creatures of the Abyss, Zana had never seen one and was amazed that one had come to summons of a wizard.

She paused her fire for a split second only to see the demonic thing raise his sword, causing some of the ceiling to come down. "Vlad! Watch out!" she screamed out loud, forgetting mind control. Vlad looked up and saw the ceiling falling. He quickly bolted forward towards the main group, hoping to avoid most of the debris. He then turned and looked at the Balor.

[i:30qql7re]Is that truly a Balor? I always thought they remained in the Abyss? [/i:30qql7re]he said, looking up to the Balor's face.

[i:30qql7re]Vlad, don't look at him! Pay attention![/i:30qql7re] Zana yelled. [i:30qql7re]Help the others kill that thing, and I'll try and distract him...hopefully.[/i:30qql7re] she added, doubtfully, sure that arrows would do little to distract or hinder the twelve foot monster. She looked around for the best place to shoot the Balor and found a slight crevice on the adjacent wall, it was deep enough so if the Balor noticed her, she would be safe from his grasp, and it was just high enough so she could climb into it.

She jumped out of the tunnel she was in with her bow and a ready arrow in one hand, ran across the main tunnel, behind the Balor, and leap into the mini cave, using her other hand to grapple and pull herself in. She pulled back the arrow and shot strait for the base of the head, hoping it would slow the beast down a little, but knowing it wouldn't do enough to seriously harm him.

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by veraka » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:28 pm

Neriah grins at Kathryn; "just one more reason why my mrannd'ssinss lu'm'ranndii can't resist me," she said with an impish grin, while conjuring another fireball and hurling it at the priesstess and her two wizard cohorts.


Veraka's eyes immediately sense evil in their presence; however it is when the summoned balor comes in for a kill, with a high arcing overhead slash.
The aasimar barely has time to get his shield up and in front of his helmeted head as tanar'ri's sword smashes down upon him. Veraka grunts at the shear stress his arm and legs feel as he manages to hold his ground against the overpowering demon. Marala Vharc crackles to life as Veraka summons a [b:3lm4mk0x]Arc of Lighting[/b:3lm4mk0x] and channels it along the blade's wicked length.

Mustering all of his strength, the aasimar manages to shove the demon's sword back, and brings Marala Vharc out wide in horizontal slash, aimed right at the demons lower chest. The demon merely jumps back a good five feet, out of range of the weapon, and casts [b:3lm4mk0x]Blasphemy[/b:3lm4mk0x] upon the aasimar.

Veraka felt his body began to become sluggish as he became dazed by the spell. Suddenly, his massive frame twitched and collapsed as paralysis ensued from the spell. He could hear the demon laughing maniacally as it stalked up to him, relishing the easy kill.


Neriah turned her attention to the balor just in time to see her husband fall to the ground, unable to move.
"Veraka!!" she shrieked in shear panic. Gritting her teeth, the fey'ri quickly summoned a [b:3lm4mk0x]Chain Lighting[/b:3lm4mk0x] and sent the bolt hurtling for the demon.
Last edited by veraka on Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

Post Reply