A spell gone awry...

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Barvl looked to the small gathering and cleared his throat. "I a-am v-v-v-v... Familliar w-w-w-w... you s-s-speak Elvish of s-s-surface?"
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka looked to Barvl with a curious glance on his face; then said, "you know a surface language, my shadowy friend?"

((OOC:Valintin told me to continue onward, so here we go))
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Barvl smiled widely, "I can speak well!" he said in the surface elven language.
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

[color=indigo:dgkfdkwu]Neriah looked at her aasimar with astonishment; "Veraka; you do realize that Kathryn here speaks from experience in the Underdark, right?"[/color:dgkfdkwu]

Kathryn shrugged at Veraka, "The judgment of the person is what matters, right or wrong, here, Veraka. A man could be a fool for taking offense at a remark, however in the end they would be the last one standing."

She nodded to the bat, "However, sir, if I offended with my comment, do forgive me." There was a hint of nonchalance in her tone; she really didn't care if she offended everyone, however the aasimar's remark on leaving did have a nice ring to it.

"Where and when would we be leaving, I wonder?" Kathryn's gaze flitted to T'rissae for a moment before turning back to Veraka. "I am sure T'rissae would prefer to leave the Underdark as soon as possible," she added with a wide smile that never touched her eyes.

She looks at Barvl as he speaks out in another language, fluently this time. Able to understand (Comprehend Languages w/ permanency spell) but not answer, Kathryn looks at Barvl, speaking in Common as it seems to be the language he understands most of those she can actually speak, "You are clearly not from here," she starts slowly, "nor do you seem to want to be. Why are you here in the Underdark? If I were you, I'd have left for the surface earlier."
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka was about to respond to Kathryn, but decided to drop the issue, there were more pressing matters at hand.

He was, however, taken aback by how fluently Barvl had spoken in Elvish of the surface, though a similar dialect to common altogether.
"Impressive my shadowy friend; your command of the surface tongue of elves is most impressive."

"How we go about getting T'rissae and Tristian back to the surface will take some time to figure out; I'm not sure that any of us are skilled enough to conjure a portal of the sort that would be required to transport them to the surface. For now, might I suggest that we find someplace to stay, even if it is in Menzoberanzzan, though that would not be my first pick of a city, but seeing as it is the closest, I don't much of an alternative."

Neriah had taken note of Kathryn's reaction to Menzoberranzan, and said "though I'm not sure that Menzoberranzan would be any of our first's to pick from, it is the only city for hundreds of miles in any direction. Kathryn, though you seem hesitant, I would ask that you guide us all back to the city, regardless of what might await us there."

Aurora sat down, looking intently at Kala, trying to figure out how a werewolf would come to travel side-by-side with a priestess of Eilistraee.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

"If careful, I can guide through shadow! If you can get to the shadow" Barvl said, glad to finally find friends.
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

When Veraka chose not to follow the subject, she nodded, thankful that there was no need to go through that again; neither of them would change the other's mind.

[color=indigo:308re1ga]"Kathryn, though you seem hesitant, I would ask that you guide us all back to the city, regardless of what might await us there." [/color:308re1ga]

Kathryn looked at the fey'ri, discomfort written on her face. Deciding she might as well be truthful, Kathryn shook her head, "I care not for any dangers that await you there, however there are many that wait for me. I cannot take you anywhere unless I have your word that you will follow my lead," she glanced at Veraka's armour and frowned, "and stay silent. Believe me, whatever you think you may find in Menzoberranzan cannot possibly be anything as bad if a patrol finds you in my company."

She paused for a moment, wondering if she should add that she wasn't even supposed to be alive.

[color=indigo:308re1ga]"If careful, I can guide through shadow! If you can get to the shadow" Barvl said, glad to finally find friends. [/color:308re1ga]

At this, she turned to Barvl, crossing her arms and resting her chin on her fingers. "How do you propose we do that, good sir?"

Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

"I seen people go to shadow with magic. If you got magic, i can guide from shadow to surface."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka looked at Kathryn when she said that he would be loud in his platinum dragon scale armor; obviously she was one of the ones who wasn't aware of whom had given him the armor; but he decided to play along anyways, saying "alright, I'll keep quite; but if a patrol should meet us, they won't be coming back to their city alive."

The fey'ri nodded at the drow and said "Very well, though I know not what might await us in Menzoberranzan, I'll follow your lead provided that everyone else agrees to do so as well."
She gave a glaring look to Veraka.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

"Menzoberanzzan, City of drow. Lots and lots of taint there", Barvl looked panicked at the idea of going to such an evil filled city. And all the talking was helping him to remember speech again.
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

OOC: First of all, apologies fer my absence, I been a fair bit occupied with life of late.

Now that there are no new faces appearing out of the shadows, no new scents or sounds particularly alerting Tristian and his feral ally's attention, he has properly managed to calm her enough, while listening to conversations back and forth, finally putting in, "As much as I would love to witness the city to which was born he whom bardic tales made my hero and idol, Menzoberanzan, would not be my first choice either, but if it is our only best option, I suppose I can deal with it for now."

A dip of his head is issued toward Barvl, "I do thank you for your offer to travel through shadows, but I cannot accept. The plane of Shadow, is no place for a druid."

Deferring to Kathryn for now, the great werebat asks, "Would it be the wiser of me, to remain as I am, or even travel with my companion visible? Or should I request a moment's privacy to revert and change attire? I would suspect a monstrous visage as this better received, as perhaps a personal bodyguard for yourself, than a... '[i:32wm0505]darthir[/i:32wm0505]' traveling with you." His voice, for that one word of Drow language gives away he is uncertain if he spoke it correctly, but he would seem to have been privy to at least a few of the words.
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

[color=indigo:1xd869ly]"Very well, though I know not what might await us in Menzoberranzan, I'll follow your lead provided that everyone else agrees to do so as well." [/color:1xd869ly]

She nods at the fey'ri, then turns to Tristian, who speaks to her.

[color=indigo:1xd869ly]"I would suspect a monstrous visage as this better received, as perhaps a personal bodyguard for yourself, than a... 'darthir' traveling with you"[/color:1xd869ly]

She frowns at that, but takes her [i:1xd869ly]piwafwi[/i:1xd869ly] off, holding it out to him and revealing the dress of a common soldier, with bright silver lining indicating a large symbol across her chest, a Whip of Fangs is now visible on her hip. "You are [i:1xd869ly]darthiiri[/i:1xd869ly]? It will do us no good for you to be seen ... but an ... elf with his face and skin hidden is not uncommon in Menzoberranzan. Especially if he is male and in the company of a female." she nods at Tristian's bat companion, "It will attract less attention than a bat will, and that is what we need."

She turns back the way she had come, slipping her head out into the corridor for a moment before turning back to the others. "I cannot hear any patrols, but I just passed one on the way here. We have to be careful near them." Again, she looks at Veraka's armour, but shrugs, referring to his earlier comment, "And if we do meet a patrol, I hope for your sake you aren't just talk."

Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

Tristian gently accepts the piwafwi, and turns to speak to the large bat beside him, privately, though it's hardly necessary,since the feral language of bats is likely unknown to anyone else. Once he is done speaking, he circles around her, and she turns with him, proving an effective screen, as Tristian's monstrous features, shrink, reshape, and in some cases vanish all together, until, there is naught left of what he was, save the red color of his eyes, which in darkness often glows, but for his very pale skin and midnight black hair, he could almost pass off for Drow. Behind the cover of his feral friend, none are afforded a view of his subsequent nudity, while the tanned hide clothes are put back away in his travel pack, and he redresses in leather armor, darkened to a nearly black shade of brown. Finally he dons the piwafwi, with a gentle reverence.

Finally he gives a turn and reaches up to pat the now much-larger-than-he bat upon the cheek, his signal that it's time to leave him, but also did he ask her to listen for his call. Then the Dire Bat is gone, and there he stands, alone, dark leather-clad Moon Elf, with his dark hair, and behind the veil of a few stubborn bangs, the ever present glow of his red eyes, not so subtle in this dark realm, "How do I look?"

He couldn't resist the asking of course, he's heard of these drow cloaks, heard of them in his favorite tales,and despite knowing he is meant to keep out of sight, tries to cut a dashing appearance with the first proper cloak he's ever worn.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[quote:nra0uhme]"And if we do meet a patrol, I hope for your sake you aren't just talk."[/quote:nra0uhme]

Veraka looked to Kathyrn, and nodded; "rarely does a being with abilities like mine blabber about them unless they can back those abilities up."

"That and your physique as it is should be ample enough reason as is," Neriah put in, a smooth, seducing tone in her voice.

The aasimar just shook his head at her comment.

[quote:nra0uhme]"How do I look?" [/quote:nra0uhme]

At the question Veraka raised a silvery eyebrow in surprise.
"Like half-drow, half-moon elf who takes pride in his appearance," the aasimar said jokingly, then added, "truth be told, a little bit of that famed drow dye and you could pass for a drow in any city of the Underdark."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Vailintin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vailintin »

OOC: Tal asked for this, though I doubt he knew what he was getting everyone into.

IC:
Eyes aglow, an eerie yellowish green, shrouded in shadows, his body heat masked through a peculiar effect, casting a dark light upon his immediate surroundings, and concealed in an Assassin's Cloak, its magic giving it the appearance of the surfaces it is pressed against, Vailintin, a rogue of many accomplishments, and worth a small fortune, in certain lands, sets lurking, at a safe distance from the gathered party, watching.

One hand, in plain dark-blue sueded leather glove, rests upon the hilt of his dagger, the crosspiece of the hilt, ending in the shape of viper heads, mouths agape, and fangs bared. The other hand, clad in a matte black and red gauntlet, lending an almost devilish appearance to the hand that bears it, supporting his weight, as he leans, crouching beside a large stalagmite. All save for those two green specks of his glowing eyes, the roguish Tiefling, blends well with his surroundings.

His only companion on these long treks in the Underdark, whispering into his mind now, [color=green:11lhg1gt][i:11lhg1gt]<<Patience... they're too well defended just now, let us just follow for now.>>[/i:11lhg1gt][/color:11lhg1gt] Of course the sentient Rapier was right, and like its wielder, hungry. Their hunger different but while the red-skinned tiefling hasn't eaten in a week, this companion craved blood, a vampiric blade, feeding on the vital essence of its latest victims, and healing, even bolstering its wielder in the process. Too many surfacers though, and from this distance, unable to be sure if any came on behalf of someone offering coin for his head.