A spell gone awry...

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Post Reply
User avatar
Arya Baenre
Resident
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:57 am
Contact:

Post by Arya Baenre » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:09 pm

{{OOC: Is T'rissae joining us again? :(}}

Kathryn holds a finger over her lips, eyes sparking in her own humour, "If you were drow, you'd have had many wives by now." Two snakes raise their heads from her whip to hiss approvingly.

"Perhaps we should move on, though." Shifting her weight for a moment, she turns and points, "Let's try this way."

She goes first, walking slowly and taking care to look around edges before walking on.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.


Your hair is pretty like a tree.

User avatar
T'riss'ae_d'wylthen
Traveler
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:41 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Contact:

Post by T'riss'ae_d'wylthen » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:47 am

[color=blue:4u9ab832] "Greetings T'riss'ae; a pleasure to meet you; as to your portal question, I cannot give a clear definitive answer to that, but I assure you, that if I knew of any, or stumble across some, I'll be sure to let you know."[/color:4u9ab832]

T'riss had held silent as memories of her home in the Lady's temple, Promenade. She shook out of her reverie when she realized the armored man had spoken to her. She dropped her hand from her pendant and looked to him. Smiling she replied, "Thank you kind sir."

[color=violet:4u9ab832]Aurora sat down, looking intently at Kala, trying to figure out how a werewolf would come to travel side-by-side with a priestess of Eilistraee.[/color:4u9ab832]

As the others spoke, Kalare (Kala) looked to the other wolf that had been watching her. "If you wish to speak with me do so. Staring and pondering will accomplish nothing except my ire. In my Pack, staring means challenge...a duel."

T'riss looked down to her companion and frowned. [i:4u9ab832]Kala that was uncalled for. You know others stare at us. Let's face it. We are an unusual pair.[/i:4u9ab832] Kala didn't reply, but nipped at the young drow. Sighing T'riss returned to the conversation going about her.

[color=blue:4u9ab832][i:4u9ab832]
"...but there is wisdom in all of us moving to more, non-threatening location." [/i:4u9ab832][/color:4u9ab832]

"Yes I also agree. But it is obvious I am a follower of the Lady Eilistraee. Would I not cause instant suspision in our rag-tag group?" T'riss'ae hung back, not wanting to cause any misfortune.

User avatar
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1480
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: Western Australia
Contact:

Post by Talwyn Aureliano » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:11 am

[quote="Vailintin":2542yryt]OOC: Tal asked for this, though I doubt he knew what he was getting everyone into.[/quote:2542yryt]

OOC: I did? umm ... [edges away smiling while looking for the exit out of the corner of his eye] good luck with that.... bye ;)
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Image

Vailintin
Traveler
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:52 am

Post by Vailintin » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:22 am

OOC: Awww... c'mon, don't go. Vail is dangerous in his own right, but more often kills in self-defense, or out of his romantic sense of chivalry, but always it is vigilante justice... well maybe not ALWAYS, but he's not so bad. (Unless someone here is from anywhere between Calimshan and Neverwinter. There's more than a few bounties out there, and one upset 'wife'. [Be very careful of getting both smashed-drunk and friendly with minotaurs])

IC:
[quote:tu8gr08a]At the question Veraka raised a silvery eyebrow in surprise.
"Like half-drow, half-moon elf who takes pride in his appearance," the aasimar said jokingly, then added, "truth be told, a little bit of that famed drow dye and you could pass for a drow in any city of the Underdark."[/quote:tu8gr08a]

Tristian's smile vanishes for a moment, unsure whether he is being told he is too vain, or if it's merely a joke, but the smile returns at the end of the comment, pondering looking into this dye, perhaps it might afford him a rare glimpse at this world his idolized hero came from. And then Kathryn puts her assessment in...

[quote:tu8gr08a]Kathryn holds a finger over her lips, eyes sparking in her own humour, "If you were drow, you'd have had many wives by now." Two snakes raise their heads from her whip to hiss approvingly. [/quote:tu8gr08a]

Tristian's smile widens, and at the same time, up comes his brow, curious of something, almost tempted, more so the animal part of him, than the elf, by that prospect, "Would I? And would that be so, even in spite of my...." he pauses, lips thinning into a light frown while selecting the word with care, "my 'gift'? Or because of it?"

He could never imagine himself turning to the wicked weal of a true Dark Elf, but as a lycanthrope, he too understood the importance of overlooking prejudices founded in stereotypes. Within that reasoning, the feral influences in his mind could justify the necessary deceit as these Drow are still elves, and it is only natural that elves should mate with elves, and for one male to have so many mates, so the curiosity was born.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out in the darkness, tail lashing impatiently for this party to move along, knowing, or at least hoping, that some well-placed movements might see him inside the great city's gates safely, Vailintin watched, pushing aside thoughts of hunger, and as Kathryn began to lead the way, silent as death, the Tiefling began his circle, giving a wide berth so the animals wound not smell his presence. Unfortunately, this also deprived him any ability to see Kathryn via his Dark Light, the very thing protecting him from being seen by Drow eyes, and yet, in the vicinity of that same "light" unable to enact his own Darkvision. There came to his eyes only the glow of the aasimar, and the shadows cast by his companions. His movements meant to bring up the rear, once all were in motion, that is. No, he'd not likely walk the streets unaligned and free, he knew this, but equally doubted the presence of one of his kind would go long without someone trying to recruit him, either with offers or threats. As long as there were some benefits, he wouldn't require much convincing, food and booze were necessities though.

Once in position, and waiting for this party to get underway, crafty Vailintin, is busy with applying a coating of coal-dust to his face, and all other exposed areas of skin, while carefully ensuring his tail is concealed, finally concealing his crimson hair under a wig of platinum white, which he then combs and arranges neatly, also concealing his horns in the process. Born originally to the harsh hot/cold environs of Cania, Eighth Layer of Baator, the dry heat of the Underdark, was nary enough to make him sweat in the slightest. His disguise would not fall apart from liquid trickles running down his face, turning the illusion of Dark Elf, into the reddish tanned face betraying the mixed heritage of his Human sire and Erinyes mother.

There was however, the matter of explaining who he was incase he was somehow identified as not of this city. One story came to mind, he would try it... or improvise a better way in. Between his many magical trinkets, and racial abilities that nearly mirrored in most ways, a Drow, perhaps he could pass for the remains of a routed patrol group, or perhaps get himself through the gates at the very least, claiming to be of that infamous mercenary band, so well-known even he had heard of it.

User avatar
T'riss'ae_d'wylthen
Traveler
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:41 am
Location: Virginia, USA
Contact:

Post by T'riss'ae_d'wylthen » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:33 am

((OOC: Hey guys I'm so sorry but I have to stop for a while...maybe a long while. I'll post my exit so the thread can progress without me.))

[i:jz25slrd]I can get us out of here I think[/i:jz25slrd], Kala told T'riss. The young Drow frowned, but nodded. She turned to the party and nodded her head. "I thank you for your help and bid you farewell." T'riss'ae smiled before turning and walking in the opposite direction. Kala was leading the way.

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by veraka » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:05 pm

Veraka looked to Tristian, and had to grin; "I would have to vote in favor of the 'spite' side of your other half for your question."

Neriah stood beside her lover, and just had to grin with pride; her lover may have been an over-sized warrior, [b:3bbyanqt]and[/b:3bbyanqt] may have celestial blood flowing through his veins, which always annoyed the fiendish side of her, the fey'ri twitched her tail in annoyance as she felt another of the lower planes. Unfurling her bat-like wings with a swift motion, she looked around, her eyes scanning the vicinity for any other than her.

Aurora noted Neriah's annoyed reaction and immediately sniffed the air; knowing the scent that Neriah possessed, the winter wolf filtered that out, and smelled another within the cave that had [b:3bbyanqt]not[/b:3bbyanqt] been introduced. [i:3bbyanqt]Be warned, my aasimar brother, we are not alone in here.[/i:3bbyanqt]
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

Vailintin
Traveler
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:52 am

Post by Vailintin » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:51 am

[quote:33arr6mc]Veraka looked to Tristian, and had to grin; "I would have to vote in favor of the 'spite' side of your other half for your question." [/quote:33arr6mc]

To this Tristian could only offer a sour expression, meanwhile wanting to snap back at Veraka, but restrains himself, having naught but anger without words or a course of action determined for it. Alas, he looks, hoping to defer, to Kathryn.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote:33arr6mc]The fey'ri twitched her tail in annoyance as she felt another of the lower planes. Unfurling her bat-like wings with a swift motion, she looked around, her eyes scanning the vicinity for any other than her. [/quote:33arr6mc]

The peculiar magical light source, carried by Vailintin, has not the range, to make him or its illumination anymore visible than he'd be without it. While masking his body heat, Dark Vision sees him not at all. But even his hungry rapier, through his senses, knows their secrecy is soon at a loss.

One final check, ensures all is where it belongs, and out of the shadows he wades, looking perfectly like a Drow elf, save those peculiarly greenish eyes.

He makes no hesitation or introductions, to the inconsequential band of surfacers, presenting himself prostrate, kneeling before Kathryn, "Forgive my sneaking about, I beg you. I... my patrol encountered some Svirfneblin, all was well in hand 'till their elemental flattened the mage in our party. The little wretches routed our raid, I managed to escape with my life. When I saw you surrounded by these... dobluth, I was hesitant to approach."

User avatar
Bergeth'fryn
Regular
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by Bergeth'fryn » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:56 am

Barvl face twisted as he recalled the meaning of 'dobluth' and figured the implications of the actions of this newcomer. Into shadow he spun again, til he was behind the newcomer, favored dagger in hand. However, he did not leave his shadowy abode.
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.

User avatar
Arya Baenre
Resident
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:57 am
Contact:

Post by Arya Baenre » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:46 am

{{OOC: Do forgive for the late reply. I'm sorry I couldn't inform you of my break. :(}}

[color=indigo:yw7wu5fk]"That and your physique as it is should be ample enough reason as is," Neriah put in, a smooth, seducing tone in her voice.[/color:yw7wu5fk]

Kathryn chuckles lightly at Neriah's comment, the fey'ri reminding her of a younger version of herself, when almost every male seemed so. Not that she would ever say that aloud to her, of course.

"I hope her trust in you is well placed, then."

[color=indigo:yw7wu5fk]"Would I? And would that be so, even in spite of my...." he pauses, lips thinning into a light frown while selecting the word with care, "my 'gift'? Or because of it?"[/color:yw7wu5fk]

Kathryn turns back to Tristian when he replies, raising an eyebrow. The only gift she can think of him having was what he had just shown them, when he reverted from the form of a dire bat to his true form.

She can't stop a slow smile spreading across her face, knowing full well the tastes of some drow in the city, male and female alike.

"Have you heard of dreagloth, Tristian? They are a mix of drow and [i:yw7wu5fk]demon[/i:yw7wu5fk]. I am certain there are many who would be interested in your [i:yw7wu5fk]talents[/i:yw7wu5fk]." She shrugs again, "Who knows, maybe you'll be lucky and we can find you one, gifts or no. But don't say I didn't warn you that those drow tales only cover about half of just how ... different we are from you, cousin."

Kathryn notices the change of demeanor from Neriah. Her eyes narrow and she turns around, just as a drow comes into sight, his green eyes standing out from his dark skin.

[color=indigo:yw7wu5fk]He makes no hesitation or introductions, to the inconsequential band of surfacers, presenting himself prostrate, kneeling before Kathryn, "Forgive my sneaking about, I beg you. I... my patrol encountered some Svirfneblin, all was well in hand 'till their elemental flattened the mage in our party. The little wretches routed our raid, I managed to escape with my life. When I saw you surrounded by these... dobluth, I was hesitant to approach." [/color:yw7wu5fk]

Only just barely keeping her hand from the adamantite handle of her whip, she moves it to her hip instead, taking on the cold stance of a drow priestess. The tension in her muscles lessens slightly, and she holds up her other hand, curling her fingers slightly as faerie fire bursts into existence around slender fingers. Any drow would know that it was harmless, but they would also know how much easier a target it could make them should escape be necessary.

"So a patrol walks into a band of a lesser race, you just happen to be the only one to escape, and suddenly you find us here?" Her tone is frosty, mirroring the chill she feels inside, but hiding her fear in the perfect mask of a suspicious drow. "What patrol do you hail from? Why were they out that far into their territory?"

If he was a clueless patrol boy, he would make their trip to Menzoberranzan easier and faster. Knowing this, Kathryn softens her tone slightly, "House?" She frowns at the ground, "And stand up, will you?" If he had just run for his life, he must be seeing things in a different life now. Drow were usually that way. Wondering if there was a way a safer, blood-free deal that could be made that would get them to Menzoberranzan faster, she let the fire go - a measure of the 'trust' she put in him - and stood back, leaning against the wall while forming a small plan within her head.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.


Your hair is pretty like a tree.

Vailintin
Traveler
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:52 am

Post by Vailintin » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:16 pm

OOC: No worries, just overjoyed to have you back.
[quote:1zzik28v]"Have you heard of dreagloth, Tristian? They are a mix of drow and demon. I am certain there are many who would be interested in your talents." She shrugs again, "Who knows, maybe you'll be lucky and we can find you one, gifts or no. But don't say I didn't warn you that those drow tales only cover about half of just how ... different we are from you, cousin."[/quote:1zzik28v]

Tristian dips into a bit of a bow, [color=orange:1zzik28v]"I thank you for the offer, and though I'd certainly be glad for the opportunity of such... cultural exchange, I'm afraid,such a wife would have to be willing to venture toward the surface, and to understand, there awaits another bat as the one I sent away from us, who is my companion, and since much younger decades, my first love."[/color:1zzik28v]

For all the tales he has heard of Drow, he is quite sure few if any have known the lycanthropic life, much less fallen in love with a feral beast. Surely both concepts are more alien to them, than they are to he.

Then there is the matter of the arriving, presumably Drow male, his introduction a bit unnerving.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Vailintin felt his heart skip a beat, he kept his eyes low, and expression hidden, the Faerie Fire didn't disturb him, not so much for familiarity with it, but for certainty his Baatezu blood would save him should he be set aflame. Though even notices how it lacks any heat. Still, he'd hoped his introduction to spare him of answering too many questions.

[color=red:1zzik28v]<<Stop hesitating you fool! She will suspect something, then we'll have to find our own way in. We only know one house, just claim to be adopted, or a child of secret affair.>>[/color:1zzik28v] The silent words of his hungry sword rushed into his mind, just as aware of its wielder's more vital hunger, for food, that it may remain in his hands, hands that hold no regret wielding the life transferring blade.

Finally formulating his own plan, touchy though it was, he answered the only House he knew of, and hoped she did not know better than to believe him, or perhaps was willing to play along if she did, [color=darkred:1zzik28v]"Baenre."[/color:1zzik28v] His voice reflected only a practiced honesty he used when lying to one so perceptive, and a subtle insistence, hinting he expected it [b:1zzik28v]not[/b:1zzik28v] to be questioned. Instead he changes the direction of the topic then answering other questions, [color=darkred:1zzik28v]"I don't make a habit of questioning orders, I find that I enjoy the battles more without fresh wounds from a recent lashing. If it pleases you, you're welcome to ask the instructors why we're attacking the little wretches."[/color:1zzik28v] Even he knows the ages old enmity between Drow and Svirfneblin, and knows he has offered her the chance to look the fool in front of the whole Academy with such a question. Even so, he does not smile, does not let on his amusement with the proposal, only the grim honesty of his role, a student in a patrol group, that managed to [b:1zzik28v]not[/b:1zzik28v] get flattened by the foot of an Elemental.

At last, he managed to stand, as asked, though pointedly avoided eye contact, his sword issuing silent reminders of proper behavior, before the daring nature of the real Vailintin could rear up and ruin the whole facade. His tale perhaps had holes, but his manners for his gender and supposed rank were nearly perfect. Even if the lie was seen through, the blade hoped to make its companion too well-suited to being as a male 'should' be, to let another city, or perhaps an enemy race harbor them. The hungry vampiric sword knew it too, an alliance with Drow, meant more flesh it could sink into. How could it resist?
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by veraka » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:45 am

[color=indigo:15jqs0vi]"I hope her trust in you is well placed, then."[/color:15jqs0vi]

To this, Veraka smiled at Kathryn; "Trust me when I say it's not easy to when the heart and mind of a fey'ri, especially with one of [b:15jqs0vi]her[/b:15jqs0vi] disposition."
Neriah smirked at this, but gave no reply to Veraka's little jest at her.

However, at the tiefling, she still was apprehensive to him at best, so she let Kathryn do the talking to the newcomer; besides, she definitely knew how to play the part.

Aurora was the most wary of the tiefling; something about him seemed odd and out of place.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

User avatar
Arya Baenre
Resident
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:57 am
Contact:

Post by Arya Baenre » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:03 pm

[color=indigo:3vkgow3m]Tristian dips into a bit of a bow, "I thank you for the offer, and though I'd certainly be glad for the opportunity of such... cultural exchange, I'm afraid,such a wife would have to be willing to venture toward the surface, and to understand, there awaits another bat as the one I sent away from us, who is my companion, and since much younger decades, my first love."[/color:3vkgow3m]

Kathryn chuckles, "Well, when you put it that way, there's no way you'll find anything like that in Menzoberranzan."

[color=indigo:3vkgow3m]"Baenre." [/color:3vkgow3m]

At the newcomer's reply, Kathryn cannot help but hmmph, "You and every other sonofa- ... well, never mind. You know the route to Menzoberranzan, yes? Find us a way there." She gestures forwards, gritting her teeth at his snide comment, knowing full well that even if she was a noble in the city, asking such a question would probably make her a laughing stock for the next few centuries. The fact that the drow in front of her seems to know that too irritates her as well. She decides to go out on a limb, never one for too much subtlety, "Should we ... encounter any patrols on the way, they will have to die," she murmurs softly, stepping up beside him and folding her arms behind her back, "you understand I cannot chance any witnesses? Especially from any patrols."

She leaves it at that, only turning to look at him at the last second, emphasizing that he was part of a patrol to her as well, and would meet the same fate ... or at least, in her mind, he would.

She raises an eyebrow and glances in the direction they were headed, her version of a dismissal. It is clear that she does not notice anything different about him, nor does she really care, not even bothering to ask his actual name.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.


Your hair is pretty like a tree.

User avatar
Bergeth'fryn
Regular
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by Bergeth'fryn » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:46 pm

Barvl re-emerged behind Tristian, taking care to tap him on the shoulder before he whispers in surface elvish, "I do not like this new one. He smells of badness, much like those in Menzoberranzan."
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.

Vailintin
Traveler
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:52 am

Post by Vailintin » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:58 am

[quote:33bl7i3i]Kathryn chuckles, "Well, when you put it that way, there's no way you'll find anything like that in Menzoberranzan."[/quote:33bl7i3i]

Such is how it goes for druids in his family, as it is rare among that family that those upon the druid path, are not intimately involved with their animal companions. As such, he has heard this response before, and is able to take it in stride. Not at all disappointed, he is able to merely shrug the matter off.

[quote:33bl7i3i]Barvl re-emerged behind Tristian, taking care to tap him on the shoulder before he whispers in surface elvish, "I do not like this new one. He smells of badness, much like those in Menzoberranzan." [/quote:33bl7i3i]

Tension visibly hunches Tristian's shoulders when that sneaky tap comes from behind, but a familiar voice is all that keeps him from his unarmed reflex of changing back to hybrid form. At the end of the statement, Tristian gives a nod, but replies in the same tongue, and a low, discreet voice, [color=orange:33bl7i3i]"Badness yes, but I've been around wizards before, this one smells a bit more like what I've been told is the smell of Lower Planes."[/color:33bl7i3i]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even Vailintin, survival being one thing he has excelled at most of his life, takes all the hints, subtle and not so much so, and he smiles slyly in reply to Arya's instructions, and warnings. He answers her as well, keeping his own words down to a private volume, [color=red:33bl7i3i]"D'heen, Qos Jabbress, udos shlubnaut inbal dos keffal xuil folt.... colnbluthen, asanque, h'uena tu'jol l'vidennen, Usstan neitar kyor dos. D'heen, ka dos zhal'la lar whol uns'aa, lu'quarth ol d'uns'aa, ussta zha'linth xal yutsu."[/color:33bl7i3i]

Afterward, stating so others may hear, [color=red:33bl7i3i]"Keep back from my lead, and use your normal vision to keep sight of me. I've a little trinket from the market, will mask me from the eyes of those using their heat sight."[/color:33bl7i3i] He saw no point in hiding this secret from this lot, it may in fact brand him valuable to this priestess, and have him hired privately. In a city where almost everyone constantly finds their way with heat-vision, an agent who can stand right in front of them, and be unseen, could be quite valuable. All the better for him, ensuring lodging, food, and if she ever sees through his lie, perhaps his cunning there too may be rewarded, perhaps he imagines, his blood might even get him in places with her, that his false identity could never reach. Of course too, his sword pulsed with pleasure at the idea, of its wielder being the private agent of a Lolthite Priestess, that her own ambitions would make life even better for sword and rogue alike.

Assuming he is meant to lead off then, Vailintin begins to move ahead. He does know the way, he has scouted these passages a long time, looking for a way in that did not involve gates. Once, about 30 feet out, he enacts the power of his enchanted ring, illuminating his surroundings with a light, that does not actually shine. True to his words as well, anyone attempting to see him through heat-vision, simply would not, neither would this peculiar light blind them. The illumination provides a surreal look to the rocky surroundings, and so he continues on, walking, as a sneaking Drow would, upon the balls of his feet, heels never actually touching the ground, except when stationary. At left, his hand rests at ready on his dagger, and right, he keeps his rapier at the ready.
1st: Tristian Gyssemitori (Moon-Elf, Dire Werebat, Druid)
2nd: Vailintin (Accomplished Tiefling thief of riches, hearts, and virtues.)
3rd: Millek Amephran (Hedonistic Satyr Ranger/Bard)

User avatar
Arya Baenre
Resident
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:57 am
Contact:

Post by Arya Baenre » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:33 am

Kathryn's smile widens at this drow's words; a fool could tell how pleased with him she is, thinking his finding a great benefit.

As they walk through the tunnels, Kathryn steps back a little into dimmer light, allowing her eyes to fall back into the heat vision to see if the drow was lying.

He wasn't. Amazed, she catches up with him, not knowing that her mind was following the same line of thought his was. She let her mind wander - he was definitely useful. It seemed like she had need of someone of his talents, after all. Perhaps she would spare his life even if they did meet a patrol. He might think to repay her then. If not, it was no matter. Drow that didn't know their worth were rarely useful. Maybe a patrol wasn't so bad an idea, for her to gauge his talents with the rapier he held. She glances back every now and then, to make sure nothing comes from behind as much as to keep an eye on the group behind her.

She signals the drow in the silent drow hand language, [i:11a9ddb5]The light will not attract monsters?[/i:11a9ddb5]
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.


Your hair is pretty like a tree.

Post Reply