On The Shores of Despair (Part 3)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian felt as though his arms were cold when she stepped away.

At Veraka's words he shook his head as if to clear it and went to his armor.

"Okay," he said. "Hopefully this will be a quick scouting and nothing more. We should be back fairly soon."

[i:35x4rfp9]Gods willing...[/i:35x4rfp9]

Adian led the way around the corner and to the four crystals in the floor...red, blue, green and black.

Looking over the book, he tapped out a pattern with his foot: Red, green, red, red, blue.

Just like that Adian and the others with him were somewhere else.

The room was dark...utterly black. Adian could see the body heat of his companions, but he could not see much in the way of detail. Veraka, he realized, must be completely blind.

Taking the chance of being an easy target for any hostiles, Adian touched his own chest and his body seemed to erupt in purplish flames. The light wasn't much, but it let the others orient themselves.

The place had been a living area...long, long abandoned. The only remains of the bed were a collapsed frame. There were a few shelves here but there was no sign of any books or other form of message. Clothing so old it would come apart at a touch rested on some of those shelves. The occupant...or occupants...had used this place purely as a place to sleep and live, nothing more.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder sleeply awoke and gazed into the fire, Aurora had moved away from the fire to someplace cooler in the cave. Cinder got up and poured what would be her last glass of the wine unless they stopped on the way back. she layed on her tummy sipping the wine and watching the lively flames, thinking about how on this day her life was completly twisted around and wondered what Adain would talk to her about the next day on the ride to the next cave. She was exocted
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

((Well Pwdn isn't female per se, she's pretty much indeterminate gender. As far as mentality goes though, that's accurate enough.

Going to be away for the weekend, don't do anything I wouldn't do! (or if you do, don't let the matrons catch you! XP) ))
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka followed Adian to the crystals in the back of the cave and waited for the crystals to transport them to the other end.

They ended up in a completely dark room; Adian's eyes glowed with his infravision; though Veraka could make out details of the room((Darkvision for sixty feet)), he saw where everyone was due to his celestial vision, which outlined everyone's auras.

"So, my fellow paladin; what exactly is this place, ehh?" he asked the young drow.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Personal quarters," Adian said. "This person lived entirely alone. Interesting...almost no personal possessions at all. Either the place has been looted or they lived entirely for their work. My sister, Maydria, is like that...she wishes to be a healer. Her quarters have nothing that is not related to learning how to help the injured. Which happened frequently down there," he added. "My eyes will only see so much...we may need some light to get any more detail."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Hold that thought for a moment;" Veraka said. Raising his armored hands together, the aasimar cast Light within the area; a small orb of glowing energy lit up right above Veraka's head, illuminating the area.

"That better?" he asked Adian.

Meanwhile, back in the cave, Aurora sat resting on the bear rug, looking intently at Cinder; [i:2dz482dc]Cinder, let me ask you something,[/i:2dz482dc] the great wolf said through her telepathic link; [i:2dz482dc]what do you find in the young drow paladin that makes you wish to be his mate?[/i:2dz482dc] She asked this to Cinder blatantly.

((OOC:Note to the next person who posts, Part 4 is up, so post there. Thanks))
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix