On The Shores of Despair (Part 3)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder rolled in the snow hoping to attract the kitty to play with her " raow raow " she tried to make the sound of a cat. " here kitty kityy i will play with you. " she made some snow balls and started thowing them in her direction then got down in the snow as if hiding allowing her to see the fur on her hood. She didn't think she would use her claws or bit hard when playing. So she incouraged her.

" Try and lure her this way ok Adain i don't want her to get hurt, It looks like Biot wants to give Veake a try. maybe between the two of us we can take her on. " Cinder laughed
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

[i:m47r3uh1]"Mmphrmrlfrrr!"[/i:m47r3uh1] Adian said from under the leopard.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

she noticed the snowballs and the druidess and turned her attention to her, tho she was acting a little strange for a humanoid. she got off the dark one in the snow and crept twords her; the funny noises tho, what was she trying to be?
with lightening speed she turned and rounded a spot before any could see and was behind the funny noise making dark female. again her rump was in the air and she was getting ready to pounce.

((i thought yall'd like the pounce. i sat here laughing as i was reading the responses from yall))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The aasimar was impressed by how quickly the young drow caught on to judging his movements and acting on them, that was one thing that Veraka wanted Adian to get; reading your opponents movements; even on a basic level, was crucial to victory.

Veraka continued to shout commands at the young drow, each time his swings coming in harder and harder.
"ROLL!" the aasiamr barked'; to his surprise, Adian decided to deflect the blow instead of dodge it. The young drow was fast, Veraka granted him that, but his sword just hit air as he arced it through the air.

The aasimar had dodged the parry-turned-swing by simply stepping back one step, letting the blade pass harmlessly in front of him, and then lunging at Adian, his armored elbow crashing into his face. The drow paladin learned quick, but like all learners, he too was not above trying new things on his own.
[i:5j9ueqit]That is good[/i:5j9ueqit] Veraka thought to himself, [i:5j9ueqit]inventiveness leads to unorthodox strategies, though Adian is having some trouble developing anything more than basic, some advanced moves and the most simple combo's. The lad's gonna have to learn something.[/i:5j9ueqit]

After seeing Adian take his elbowed counter, Veraka made it a point to show the young paladin what happened when he underestimated his rivals or enemies. With that, the aasimar proceeded to hammer into the young drow's defenses, wailing on them until Adian regained his balance. Finally a flying ball of white fur buried the dark elf paladin.

Veraka stopped and watched with a bemused expression as the snow leopard proceeded to playfully and happily wrestle the young drow into the snowy ground.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

When the cat hopped off of him Adian climbed to his feet, wiping snow from his face and trying to shake it out from under his mail. He shook his head like a dog, sending a light spray of snow from him.

"Okay," he said. "I didn't see that one coming."

Seeing that the cat had been distracted, he got into a fighting stance again and tried to focus on Veraka. Unfortunately the huge grin on the big warrior's face was catching. An amused grin found its way on to Adian's mouth, and a few moments later he was laughing.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

(( Awww Zarea I am going to miss you when do yu have to go?? Cing is her name right ))

Cing pounced and Cinder was ready they rolled around in the snow and Cinder got away quickly flipping to the cat running as fast as she could and hiding behind a tree, throwing snow balls which the cat tried to catch in her mouth. she pounced on Cinder again and they rustled for a wile " Biot come and help me she is going to bury me, maybe she is saving me for when times get tough and the food is hard to come by " Cinder laughed until her gut almost burst " Adain where is my hero are you going to let this cat bury me alive. "

Cinder was still laughing so hard she could not stop but the cat continued to throw snow over her with her huge paws. Luckily the snow was very light, so the cat was realy not harming her it was all in fun.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka was grinning the entire time that it took Adian to get up once the furball had gotten off of him, and then doubled over with laughter as Adian did at watching Cinder play with the snow leopard.

"Well at least we know what she likes to do," he commented through his laughter.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

Lyon had been watching the practise duel and was impressed, he himself was largely inexperienced and would benefit, he was sure, from the experience of training. For now however he simply followed the exchange and then smiled as his eyes flicked to Frad, who with the air of much the same stealth and subtlety as the newly-met snow leopard (only not particularly stealthily or subtly at all) had gathered a huge mass of snow (about as large as he himself was) and was lifting it up behind Veraka to drop on him. "Polar ray! Eheheheh!" The incantation of Frad's [i:nhfyyf4b]very big snowball of imitation polar ray[/i:nhfyyf4b] spell had been carried out while the two were duelling, and Veraka teaching Aidan not to underestimate his opponent or let his guard down was too great an opportunity to miss. Frad might not have been much in direct combat, but he knew how to exploit a weakness and while it wasn't exactly lava berries in his breakfast, 'buried in snow' would serve just as well as culmination of the vengeance promised some days before now.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((she doesnt have a name. so yall could give her one. since thurs afternoon i'll be heading off, if we aint been moving again, she will lead yall to the cave and then vanish.))

the snow leopard leeped over and back and sat her rump in the snow when (if) they came to tag team.
she was up to something, just what who knew.
her head was slightly tilted curiously as she watched the noises (laughing) come from several and more joining in. she heard if before, but not from so many. the sitting gave the druidess a break also. she spotted the bigger short hairy one throw large pile of the snow and an idea came to her (think what gwenavar did to bruenor). but she would wait. if he was like those other thick short guys, he'd be fun to mess with.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Since Adain was to busy to come to her rescue Cinder dug her self out of the snow without to much trouble

That cat had something on her mind and i think it was directed at Adian " well serves him right she " giggled to herself.

I think i will just make may way to the top of the cave and watch him get slaughtered. she thought.

She back up on the cave and brushed herself off laughing at what was about to take Verake by surprise. And Adain to for that matter as the cat snuck up on silent paws.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka by this time had recovered from his laughing fit and by this time had resumed sparring with Adian, teaching him not to underestimate his own moves, his own strengths and his weaknesses.

It was when Adian got an unmistakable expression of surprise and a little humor on his face that the aasimar knew something was amiss. Then a giant pile of snow came down on top of him, freezing him with the cold touch of the frozen water.

Digging his way out of the his snowy prison, Veraka turned around to see Frad, Lyon, Biot and some others standing behind him, all of them wearing grins on their faces; "Ok, who's the dead man?" he says, looking at all them suspiciously.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

((((( Laughing MAO Verake )))))

They all stood behind him first busting their guts.... then fleeing in different directions falling over each other. Then a snow ball fight started amongst them only to stop just in time to watch the cat jump Adain by complete surprise as he him self was laughing at Verake.

( I think i miss read what you were up to Zarea was it Adain you were after if not i will reright )
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian was laughing at Frad's "revenge" and completely missed the leopard coming around for a second round. For the second time he went down, this time face-first into the snow as the cat landed on him with full force. Every time he tried to get up, the cat grappled with him to keep him pinned.

Despite the cat's best efforts, though, he levered himself part-way up and tried to tilt the crazy furball off his back. She only clung harder.
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

Frad laughed, and as Veraka turned to face him launched a barrage of more snowballs. "I challenge ya to honourable or. . . dishonourable combat! In tha holy or unholy name of whatever random god yer more harassed by!" Mre snowballs were forthcoming, and if wasn't until Lyon joined in that the sides were even again. Breaking an icicle from a tree and holding his pack like a shield, he leapt to Veraka's aid and swung his 'sword to deflect a snowball from the mighty warrior's path, and brought up the shield to cover him and give him time to escape. "JUSTICE!" He charged Frad at this point who simply yelled and ran off, scooping up snow, packing it down and throwing it over his shoulder while Lyon's ice blade sliced each one easily. "Hot, fresh from the oven, delicious whipped-cream-on-the-side [i:14otxmk1]justice![/i:14otxmk1]"

Pwdn stared, laughing, and motioned to Biot to get his attention. "I'll help you warm up, if you like?" She smiled to him encouragingly, not yet wearing her heavy fur cloak against the cold and instead dressed in her simple robes as she would be anywhere else. "Just a few simple passes to get you into the motion." She did, in fact, want to see just how committed to battle he was, if he could leave to train with the others without managing to land a hit on her or getting serious in his efforts.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((well, she was intending to go after the dwarf and sit on him later. but its ok, whats done is done. sorry about my poor writting.))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~