The Vale of Shadow (Part 4)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He couldn't help but to chuckle slightly" Let's just say what we have planned for her, will put her in a position where I don't think you or I wish to be in. A friend whom will take care of her, we just need to drag her to him alive. There is much more at stake than just vengeance, fulfilling a bit of a promise on one side, a small bonus on the side. And making our party here whole once more.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The leader looked slightly curious about their quest, however, the expression on Veraka's face said all business.

"So you intend to snare the albino witch; can't say I'm surprised. She's become more and more audacious in her plans."

"Yeah, well; when one decides to kidnap our other party member, one whom I consider like a little sister, then they have an ass-kickin' comin their way the likes of which even the Gods haven't seen before," Veraka said, more annoyed than anything else.

Bob got the not so subtle hint and went on; "well, if you two are the ones responsible for the much needed chaos that I've heard about in the city, perhaps we could assist you in your 'ass kicking' quest," he said with a slight smile.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Liking where this was going he stepped out from his happy spot in the shadows to stand next to Aurora and veraka." Now, we're talking business. So you want her gone yes? Well what do you guys know about her and the thieves guild here that we may not totally be aware of yet."
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Bob looked at Zek as he came out of the shadows with a hint of surprise, but kept his facade up.
"What we know [b:3mfc02hr]about[/b:3mfc02hr] them is different than [b:3mfc02hr]where[/b:3mfc02hr] we know to find them," he replied to the ranger's statement. And to be brief, yes, we want her to 'disappear'; how that happens, I care not."

"To start off with, their little camp is a labyrinth of caves, tight corridors, and tunnels, quite a bit of which runs under the mountain. What they have to greet guests with is for anyone to speculate on, and I do know that their best fighters are still holed up in there. Anything else that you might want to know that I might know off-hand?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding" I've seen some of their traps, nothing special, then again this was in the city. Maybe they got a bit more fancy here. As for their best fighters? I can hardly wait to show them what years of hunting can do. They'll be the hunted very quickly in their own dens... a lot of fun especially hunting a dragon in it's lair. Big thing I'm wondering is who are the connected too, their allies and any goods we could use against them."
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"As far as allies go, most of them you've either already killed or driven out. Goods, however; well now, there's something that I could tell you, provided that warehouse is still intact. If it is, then I believe that they've moved most of the better goods within the tunnels. Those should be within storage areas near the the otter areas, where the entrances to these tunnels will be. What they are exactly, though, well you're copper's as good as mine. Though, I'd hazard a guess that some of the contraband is well worth your effort to find."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Hearing this he nodded some" As far as I know a chunk of the warehouse is intact. As for the rest... I have an idea... spider silk.. in vast quantities... I have an idea that they're playing both Lolthites and the masks for favors. A dangerous proposition... one of which will kill them in the end, if we don't do it first."
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Bob leaned back in his throne, grinning at what the ranger had said; "well it seems that they will die from any number of ways, though my preferred method would be from your hands. Very well, I will send you with one of my scouts who knows this region of the mountains, including the entrance to their underground lair. Is there anything else you wish to know before hand?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He shook his head" I think I got the information I was curious about, once we get inside the lair, we'll take it from there.... Only thing I think would be a mild concern, is I think this land needs to be purged and protected properly.. Old soil things need to be respected. Especially nature and it's order." A small thing for their baelorn lich friend hopefully to get the city on the right track.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The leader looked nodded curtly at the ranger, then said "very well; you seem to have everything you need so. ." he paused, then looked at the dwarf who'd guided the companions to this place; "you know where to take them. See to it that they reach the entrance unhindered."
The dwarf gave a slight bow, then turned to Zek, Veraka, and Aurora, "Alright, ye three, follow me."

With that, he led them out of the building, through the camp and out into the trail again, though, this trail was perched up higher, well hidden from ordinary view.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding slightly, as he'd rather get back on track quickly than deal with anything else. He'd follow the dwarf on the way out idly waiting and keeping his mind focused just waiting for the time when he could just out rightly strike.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The dwarf leads the companions along the tightly navigable trail, keeping to one particular side. Veraka had a hard enough time keeping his huge frame on the trail, but he persisted, driven on by his desire for revenge and to see Inrii safely out of Alya's clutches.

Before to long, they arrive at a small, but easily accessible entrance that leads into the base of a mountain side. Veraka gave off a low whistle, eying the entire mountain for its size, and trying to comprehend how big this complex was gonna be.

The dwarf turned to the aasimar and ranger; "alright, lads; this be where ye're wanting to enter. Just ta warning, if ye get caught in there, don't think about having any of us comin in after ye." With that, the dwarf set off back down the trail with a little burst of speed.

"Not on your life, fool," the aasimar muttered, turning to Zek; "care to take the lead, I don't trust my own eyes with traps, and you've got a couple centuries on me for finding shit like that."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He nodded" Don't worry.. if I have my way, I'll blast our way out of the godforsaken place if I have too." Watching the dwarf run off he unsheathed his longsword the blade was blackened whether on purpose or from years of use. Moving on ahead he couldn't help but to muse" a dwarf who won't go underground... I'll make sure to remind him of that.. As for age... I accept the compliment of thinking I'm that young still." He moved towards the entrance and checked the traps before crouching down and fumbled with something for a moment before coming up with a long line. " Dinner bell." He moved back some and yanked hrd on the cord and sidestepped the incoming darts as they hit a rogue member of the thieves behind them." Idiots..." he muttered as he entered the tunnel muttering" I'd skin every single drow I cross and throw their hides at her feet to show that I mean business.." Which of course he did get his hands on one and it was in a bag.. which would explain eili being a tad unhappy that one of her favored hiding bags was being used.[i:2d591z4a] You ARE going to replace that bag right? You know I don't like being in a bag with a skinned anything.. even a rat.[/i:2d591z4a] He shook his head" You'll be fine." he whispered and moved on deeper disabling random traps or purposely setting them off to hit the ones whom were well.. on patrol and were in the worse place at an even worse time
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka followed Zek through the winding tunnels, stopping whenever the ranger found a trap and disarmed it or set it off. Some of them were simpleton and required almost no effort on their part, others were elaborate traps, that took Zek sometimes almost a full minute to disarm.

After a number of traps, and failed ambushes, Zek, Eili, Veraka and Aurora made their way through the tunnels, pushing into the mountain further and further. Seeing quite a few black auras ahead of them, large ones at that, Veraka tapped Zek on the shoulder and pointed upwards, and to the left, where a large room was.

"Looks like they're laid another ambush for us; thing is do we want to fight in the hallway, which looks like any number of them could quite literally get the drop on us or in that room where we could force their hand, and engage us where they don't have the advantage of drop downs?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He stopped at the straight away the route to the main chamber that Veraka pointed out. Rubbing his chin slightly he held up a hand and moved forewards some and took out a small phial out of a very small pouch. Shaking the contents up sharply for a few moments he tossed it down letting it clink against the stone. It wasn't until it hit the entrance that the corking gave way and the gas erupted from it into the chamber, their tunnel was safe. He looked back" give it a few moments... we'll see if it worked."
Site, story being redone