The Vale of Shadow (Part 4)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((this may change as needed...depending on who veraka was attacking...))

the half elf seeing the drow leave via another plane cursed under his breath then ran to the dwarf who was unconscious now. with a word to his deity he began to place his hand on him to jerk it back. the words of a prayer/spell (ranger spell) began and a dull blue light flowed from him to the dwarf. he only hoped he wasnt too late. of course he was being careless with a drow around and still able to attack.
the healing was slower than he wanted and only beginning to touch on his wounds. the darkfire had done more damage than he thought.

deeper into the rocky side of the mountains a small band of displaced outlaws gathered. the cave they were claiming was large enough to hold the small group. with the drow occupation, they had barely survived. they were waiting for the two to come back. their shift was well over and yet no sign of them. a few had knew of the tunnels and the path to the drow camp, one including the missing dwarf.

((if yall wanna do tunnels. theres your chance....go back with the dwarf and ranger...))
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka's berserker immmediately diffused, mush to his surprise, thought its strength remained with him. Sensing that there were others in danger, the aasimar pulled out his shortsword, Thunderstrike, and sent it whirling to Zek; "USE IT!!" he barked to the ranger.

Making his way out of the conflict with the drow, Veraka spotted the dying dwarf; seeing that he wasn't one of the Alya's minions, he made his way over to the charred warrior, propped his head up, opened up a Potion of Heal, and poured the contents down his throat, hoping he wasn't to late.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

the ranger was about to pull a dagger out when the large armored male neared, but seeing no intentional malice he waited, a hand still ready. he watched as the dwarf coughed a bit. mumbled grumbling of intending to kill something was a good sign. the ranger looked to veraka, a look of thanks, then back to the dwarf helping the still grumbling male to sit up.
"whars me ax boy? need kill me that black elf."
the balding red bearded dwarf paused seeing those they spotted earlier leaning over him. he acted like he was reaching for a weapon but halted.
"what ye want? what ye about? i half half a mind to split ye head."
the ranger stood up. a hand still ready as he looked twords the drow male. they looked like the outlaws discribed by their boss.
"by word of Bob, yall are to come with us for questioning." his voice was deeper and commanding despite his elven heritage. and he wouldnt take a no for an answer. even if these folks werent what they heard, then the boss might could get them on their way. besides, making Bob angry was scary enough to motivate them to force the companions to the small camp.
the dwarf coughed again as he attempted to stand up.
"even ye aint them, needin yall to move, now! them dern masked scouts are everywhere."
he spotted his ax and made a move twords it, tho the dwarven bow was still in his belt should they try anything fishy.

(well, bob was the best i could think of spur of the moment...)
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

As the half-elf ranger stated his intention, Veraka's hand immediately went Marala Vharc's handle.
"You wish us to accompany you to whereever, yet all you offer is threats to start off. If we are the ones that you seek, then you should well know what we're capable of," he replied evenly. Veraka had fought through the battle after battle, and like Zek, was not about to stop just on the whims of some unknown forces, unless those forces could lead them closer to Inrii.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

he knew this would go bad.
"i suspect he could help. but you must come. and move quickly," the ranger put in.
his bow was back in his hand again, attempting to nudge them.
"come peacefully, and nothing will happen."
no moves of violence were made nor threats.

((gunna have to wait for zek. prolly last post till the weekend. so likely a see yall then.))
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Zek returned having taken care of business with any stragglers, masked ones or what have you. He make damned well sure that he'd have a 'gift' for Ayla when they met her. He was not happy, definitely not pleased and right now nearing a force to be reckoned with which would be wise to let him be. He kept on the edge of visibility in the shadows as he spoke flat and cold though with a tone that showed he was serious." If your fight is with the Masked ones, then you're on our side. Let's just say their crimes will be paid for direly. And so you know... the pale one is one of the Masked ones. So if you've been helping her you've been helping the Masked ones and thieves." When he was done speaking he'd move again watching and observing.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka snatched his returned blade, then turned to regard the dwarf and ranger that were claiming to be not with the Masked ones. Veraka felt Zek's and mirrored it, for he too was getting frustrated with Alya.

The half-elf's attempts to move him were adding to that anxiety.
"Alright, we'll accompany you, if only to shut you up," he said finally, sheathing both of his weapons.

The dwarf nodded and waved the companions to follow him; they were led through a series of caves and tunnels to a camp that was, by all means, much undermanned and shorthanded.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Zek would follow from the distance, keeping to the shadows and darkness, he was comfortable there, and it would keep others unnerved and make them a bit more compliant. In his mind he was mapping out the route, keeping track of visual clues so he knew if they had to get out fast where to go.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Alright, you brought us to your little 'hub' here in the mountains; now who is this 'bob' fellow you keep on referring to?" Veraka asked the ranger.

"He's our leader here," the half-elf offered, explaining to the aasimar who he was and why he wasn't to be angered.

[i:4zaacb7l]Sounds almost like you,[/i:4zaacb7l] Aurora said dismissively, [i:4zaacb7l] only difference is that when you get pissed off, anything that's in your way comes to pieces.[/i:4zaacb7l]
Veraka chuckled at his wolf friend's little comment.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching silently, he'd wait to see who this 'Bob' was, he swore if it was some hafling or something he'd try not to laugh. Still he moved closer and leaned against the rock wall, very much in the darkness and shadow.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((managed to wiggle out a few minutes...))

in the room they were further led was hazy and dim. barely any light. a large chair, in an attempt to make a thone, stood in the center.
a quick glance to the male on the throne was all most got. the male was large, comparable to the gollum of the group (hehehe u know who). his face was fierce with black eyes and a mop of black hair. he was intemidating to say the least. but their was something fishy bout the male tho. a haze hung over him.
he stared at those coming twords them.
the ranger and dwarf bowed slightly.
"here they are," just as you asked. "tho they aint what we thought."
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Seeing the figure and the haze around him he shook his head silently, such a disguise clearly showed there was something more to the scene than meets the eye. He just watched the haze quietly and smirked slightly just watching silently waiting for time to do or say something.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka stared directly at this 'bob' fellow, not even flinching.
[i:k2cmsxsa]I wonder how good he would stand up in a brawl?[/i:k2cmsxsa] Veraka thought to himself, giving a slight smirk off. He mentally laughed at the dwarf and half-elf, both of whom gave a slight bow to Bob on top of his throne, if one could consider it that.

"So I see," the hazy leader finally said to the dwarf and half-elf, giving the companions a thorough look over; "I must say that I find it intriguing to believe that these three could cause so much havoc among Daggerfalls."

"Oh, you have no idea," Veraka muttered to himself, completely unamused by this guys attitude.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Drumming his fingers on his arms as his arms crossed over his chest." We've only just begun, but I really would love to chat. But There's some pressing business I'd like to tend to first, mostly of getting my hands on a certain albino and settling some things. Imagine, Daggerfalls not having a thieves guild run by the masked ones..." Sure he was a rogue in his past for a time as well as an assassin. He never really cared to follow the masked lord.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka nodded at his friend's statement; "my ranger friend has the short of it; we're, to put it mildly, on a mission of retrieval and vengeance. Whether or not you assist us in it is of no consequence to us. However, if you wish to see the Raven's Claw and all it's associates gone, well, then that's a different story all together."

Veraka gave an incredulous look, "so why exactly did you seek us out; if you need something destroyed, we already got our hands full with other matters."

Bob leaned back in his chair, his hands forming a gesture that suggested the two had struck right on the money; "I believe that your elimination of the albino one is just what I've intended; but please enlighten me on your plans for her; certainly there's more than simple vengeance at stake here?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix