The Vale of Shadow (Part 4)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka watched in wary silence as the gas began its noxious work on some of cloaked rogues started to suffocate and convulse from the gas. The aasimar looked to the ranger and gave a nod of approval.

"Not bad ranger, but do you always use such poisons?" he asked with a sly chuckle.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Shrugging" Only when I am very aggravated, and feel the need to up the body count." When the bodies fell, he moved in covering his mouth over when the fumes dissipated and basically slashed the throat of every rogue in there. He left nothing to chance." I'd remove the heart if I didn't mind getting to be an absolute mess... Skinning is more enjoyable though.."
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"As much as I like the idea of seeing them nothing but muscle and organ, I'd much rather I didn't, at least right now. Trying to keep my darker side down, building it for our encounter with Alya," Veraka replied, "the more I can suppress the berserker now, the stronger it'll be when we do fight."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He just smiled slightly" Well you'll have a good cause to let it out when you see what I have in store for her." He mused as he went on and cleaned his blade off." Sadism... something I usually don't like using... but there's just sometimes.. you need to let nature take it's course."
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((Well since I leave tomorrow for five days, I'll make this as neat as possible))

Veraka nodded at Zek, knowing that keeping his berserker rage down would be beneficial to all of them. The added suppression of it allowed it to extend beyond normal use and increased all of the abilities that he was granted when it came out.

Right then, five rogues appeared out of thin air in front of them. Veraka cursed himself for not seeing them as crossbow bolts showered them from the front. Raising his shield in front of himself, the aasimar deflected those that hit him, and then rushed the group, unawares that there was one rogue that was still above him.
The odd thing about this rogue was that his aura was almost nill, so Veraka's celestial vision didn't pick him up.

However, two ice-blue eyes did and with that Aurora sunk into the shadows, her form melding into the blackness, despite her white fur.

Veraka bashed into the group, scattering them every which way just as the rogue in the rafters fired his drow-poisoned dart. The bolt hit the aasimar dead on, embedding itself right in his neck. He instantly slumped, going down with an audible thud.

[i:258z38dd]Ranger, finish those bastards, will you please,[/i:258z38dd] Aurora asked from her shadowed position, still keeping an eye on the bastard who nailed Veraka. When she got the chance, he was as good as frozen meat.
((Alright Zek, I'm out, I might be on till tonight, and might post one, two more as Aurora, but the baddies, well have fun, there's three more high level fighter/rogues up in the rafters.))
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

(( oh goody everyone's off for awhile lol. Alright it'll let me relax a bit for a couple days then))

Zek watched and stopped seeing them seem to appear out of thin air." Clever.." Using his blades he deflected the bolts, and seeing the paladin fall he shook his head" Shame.. you're so susceptible to poison like that." What the rogues weren't expecting is a highly agitated drow, who's assassins skills were coming back full fury. While one reloaded and was about to fire he knocked them around to fire the bolt into one of his comrads. His throat was promptly slashed as more bolts flew at him. using the body as a shield he shoved it aside and rushed in. The movements were quick as three rogues were left, one now without an arm which soon fell to the ground with a case of dead since the second strike was the blade right into the airpipe internally decapating the rogue. Keeping the momentum he dragged the now fleeing rogue into the shadows who was now screaming bloody murder as he was being tortured and abused. When zek emerged his hands were soaked in blood." he wouldn't stop bleeding."
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((yall off when i got a bit of time...lol. this is what the 3rd time veraka's gotten shot by one? need some poison immunity.))

sveral hundred yard ahead the tunnel they were in forked in numerous directions, some going up, down and everywhere in between. only a few knew of the correct path. one would lead to the dungeons, one to the now mostly empty camp. (they teleported out to battle with the spiderkissers)
a light breeze could be heard in the one above. it could be guessed it somehow went up to a mountain cave.

the labyrinth separating the companions was very much a maze. and a few underdark creatures were known to dwell in the area. a small underground pool lay in the midst of some of the paths. one path contained a small acid pit formed by an experiment gone wrong.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

(( yeah ironic huh? and that sounds about right... LOL))

Zek examined the scene silently for a moment tapping his chin knowing aurora would keep with her companion until he woke up. Moving to where the splits were he moved working to find one that would make sense.. Feeling the bit of air movement he followed it silently, already agitated form the unneeded ambush, he'd make sure his skills were all put to use.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((edited: added some more to this))

the pressure of the caverns above lightened and soon roots broke thru the cavern tunnel ceiling. the breeze was chilly and cool nearing the opening. ahead a small bear was resting in the far corner. with the onset of winter he found a cozy place to rest for the winter. a light scent everegreens were wafting in. the cave mouth (enterance) had a large pile of snow. what is interesting about the enterance is that it looks like a door frame has been build there. an odd thing. (since i likely wont be able to surprise yall :( , the door frame is: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/mimic.htm . so when you walk near, he will grapple to eat. but the link gives hints on what to do. and its a neutral being.))

outside the cave there was a 5 ft ledge before a drop off. a trail curled around in front heading up deeper into the mountains. a few small tracks lead up into a small mountain shrub. the animal most likely a fox or small wolf or any canine sort. further ahead is another cave enterance. inside (when near) a small group of orc lay asleep in an attempt to avoid the cold snow. the vhaeraunite camp still lies a good distance up the mountain and in a large valley.

(playing arurora sorta) the wolf knew Zek was scouting ahead and she came back over to the sleeping man and laid next to him in a protective manor. she kept her sense on alert but used the time to rest from the last day or two. it had been rough!
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((well, last week of camp begins monday. so its back to no internet. should be done fri. then i have till the next friday night since saturday, 24 july, i fly to haiti for a week. see yall fri unless i manage to wiggle a couple minutes again in the morn, tho highly unlikely this time. ))

((i was thinking of throwing in a frost worm later maybe...http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/frostWorm.htm but just an idea. i wish i knew some puzzles for yall to solve. maybe in the labyrnth, the key to the tunnels correct path is a puzzle clue to be solved...))
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka stirred from his posion induced sleep, rising slowly, then to a standing position; "Uh; I'm getting tired of getting cheap-shots to the neck," he grumbled to himself, shaking his head to clear his vision.

[i:3f7zjma6]Well you are the one who confoundedly charged ahead,[/i:3f7zjma6] Aurora shot back, looking at him with eyes that said back-off.

The aasimar merely grunted in response.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

The scene wasn't too bad, minus the odd door frame." Right..." He kicked a stone over towards it silently." Not where we want... I want their lair not outside again.." Shaking his head he headed back down to the area and finally saw Veraka coming back from his nap." Enjoy your nap?"
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka saw the ranger coming down to meet hm and Aurora; hearing his question, the aasimar retorted, "If by 'enjoy' you mean that I had no choice in the matter and still didn't like it, then yes, it was quite enjoyable."
The warrior was really getting tired of those stupid poisoned darts.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Chuckling slightly" I'd suggest, more armoring to cover those soft spots, or figuring out a way to gain a resistance to the poison." Looking at Aurora" he didn't snore did he? Anyways, we have an interesting situation. A lot of paths we could take, one of which leads back to the surface, Which we don't want, we want to their lair."
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"To put it mildly, yes; I have resistance to acid, electricity, and cold based attacks, but I can't even keep some poison from knocking me out. Zek, you need to help me come up with a solution for resistance."

Aurora yipped in laughter at the ranger's question; [i:2696e1ep]only a little; actually no, he wasn't asleep he was knocked out cold. His hitting the ground must have silenced the sound.[/i:2696e1ep]
Characters:

Veraka

Onix