The Vale of Shadow (Part 4)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The raging aasimar heard a whistle, whirled to see the half-elven ranger pointing at something; the berserker's blood red eyes shifted to see the area that the drow was in. He turned in time to see the masked drow throw a spell at him.

Waves of dizziness washed over Veraka making him less and less aware of his surroundings; but that became a problem for everyone else that the berserker saw as an enemy. While he could feel his own consciousness becoming dazed and weak, the raging beast became even stronger as his hold over it diminished. The berserker shrugged off the spells effects like water off of wax.

With a running leap, the berserker brought itself a few yards in front of the invisible drow. Marala Vharc crackled to life, bristling white energy as lighting danced its way up and down the length of the blade. Bringing the blade around in a 360, the berserker executed a powered-whirlwind attack, and let the crackling hell loose from the sword. White hot lighting surged forward, arching out and touching anything within a twenty-foot radius, charred it pure black, even melting some rock due to the energies searing heat.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching the scene, he noticed Veraka charging in and he knew even while dazed to back up. Heel hitting a root he stumbled back quick enough to avoid the lightning and it's heat that was released. Now knowing that the beserker probably had the clearer mind than everyone else, he'd bide his time waiting for the one to show himself. The one mistake was all he would need and he would be on him. He didn't need weapons he'd use spells and his bare hands to torture. It was very much like a predator, a dragon, a serpent waiting to strike, the problem for others, was that he was just as lethal. ((read some on blade bend, apparently it protects against slashing and piercing weapons, and apparently not effective against spells or natural weapons. -shrug- either way we's gonna have a bit of fun here. ))
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((i can see why dm's dont like me. i find ways around things... :D. i just wanted to give yall a challenge... :p
yes mistakes will be coming, but he's protected well against spells.))

the repulsion shield around him stopped the berserker and the magic shield held off the lightning, tho it did weaken it a bit. but he was pushing his luck and began the words to another spell. what looked like a black shadow of a mask flew off his face twords the aasimir. (the darkmask may command the mask to fly at a single creature within 100 feet, at which point the creature is affected by the absorbed spell (saving throws and spell resistance apply normally to the spell. last 10 min). a firestorm began raining down upon the aasimir.
the half drow now turned to face the drow male on the ground, the cloak of shadows still shielding him. he conjured up another ball of darkfire and readied his throw.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Eili, already a pissed off feline had slipped from the bag and scrambled up a tree. Instinct and sheer pissed off feline fury. Despite her size, she was strong for a cat and when she got close, lunged at the half drow, claws out. She wouldn't hiss until she was on him and claws raking him to hell. Zek would take advantage of it and move in from the otherside, fully intent on taking the half drow out
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

the masked scout did not expect a cat of all things. for bladebend had been directed twords the drow male stalking him. his darkfire disipated at hit was tossed back at the cat missing her. he reached to grap her and yank her off, but claws only dug deeper into his shoulders. had not the magical protections been up, he would have likely been hurting. (dispell magic anyone?) right now she was an inconvenience and distraction.

the replusion shield was gone also. and he knew the others were zeroing in on him.
the ranger fell roughly to the ground as the spell was expired. picking himself up he saw a cat attacking the half drow, a shadow of a figure in the moonlight flanking one side and a stampeding male the other.

(i should be having folks over. so if i dont get a chance to reply for a while, carry on if yall want.
he wont die totally. seriesly injured and leave- yeah. he aint too stupid...))
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The berserker knew instinctively that something was wrong as the half-drow was conjuring a new spell as the lighting arched in and dissipated on the magic shield protecting him.

As the firestorm rained down on the aasimar, the berserker raised its shield over itself in a split second as the firestorm hit. Out of the roaring and churning flames, a dark armored figure continued forward, crimson eyes flashing wrath. Even as Veraka consciousness continued to fade, the raging berserker channeled some of its energy into him, keeping him awake and alive, even as the searing flames burned through his armor; the aasimar just ignored the pain, the berserker not caring for it at the moment.

Right then, Veraka felt his body enveloped in a freezing chill, as an icy fury blasted in from Aurora. The winter wolf howled as the flames were extinguished, then let loose another blast of icy energy at the half-drow's legs, making sure not to hit Eli in the process.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

While Eili had the half drow distracted he lunged at him shoulder to the mid section and arms moved down to rip the legs out from under him. Pinning him down Eili hardly moved as he got ahold of the half drow's throat."Ssussun! You have crossed the wrong Drow this era." he loomed closer tightening the grip, his nails digging into his throat slowly bringing the intimidation factor to exponential factors." You tell me where Ayla is, and tell me the truth. And I might let you live. Do not slight me, do not cross me, I will make you wish for death when I am done with you." Eili knew that threat before, she had been his familiar all this time even since the underdark days. She knew his interrogation techniques could go well beyond inhumane. Skinning a cat became skinning a drow. Zek though more or less neutral, still held no qualms on letting the drow cruelty show to the fullest.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

the ice didnt damage the scout as he was protected from it. but it did stop his freeze his legs in place. he cursed still attempting to remove the cat and deal with the three males and the wolf. he was begining to see why the female hadnt returned. and of all the enemies for Alya to pick up.
he whispered a prayer to his deity and suddenly his legs felt stronger, and he began slowly to cause the thick ice to crumble. but the drow male got to him before he could get away.
he smirked. if the drow tried any weapons, he'd better have some healing or regenerative spells ready.
the words to a spell to the Masked Lord started to form despite his air cut off. a spell that was useful in such a situation.

the ranger released an arrow, his aim true, and it dug deep into the scout's leg. another was knocked and flying twords the target, aimed for the abdomen, just below the other drow.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Shifting positions just enough to add extra pressure but also incase he had to move quickly. It helped as he felt the arrow graze past his leg. Thank gods for the hide armor. Speaking low." I'll kill you with my bear hands." Eili meanwhile was going to full on war with catscratch fever biting at the half drow and even going for the eyes.(feral cat is feral) He meanwhile dug the nails into the flesh feeling the hot blood touch his flesh he started pulling on the skin." Now tell me, before I make your passage to your god a very hard one."
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

(this is real quick...)

the scouts body started to become less corporal as it became more etheral. his words deeping beyond his capability as something else was helping.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Seeing this both he and Eili made full well that this scout was completely out of their hair before moving their attentions quickly to another taget, whomever was left of their opponents.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora growled low as scout started to free himself; however she noticed that Veraka was still using his sword. Knowing that the scout's spell was still in effect, the great winter wolf leaped at the raging aasimar and grabbed his sword with her maw. The berserker roared as his weapon was grabbed from his grasp, then hurled in toward the scout.

Grabbing the scout by the neck, a berserker-fueled Veraka lifted the scout slightly off the ground, his iron-grip slowly crushing the life outta of the drow.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Seeing Veraka working on the scout he returned to the half drow in all but a flash dragging him more towards the fire of the forest muttering." I'll make a good example to you, to your god. I know the rogue games, I know the thieves and assassin games. So don't lie to me."
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((ok bit confused....who has who? dwarf is frying. the half elf ranger was attacking the half drow who is just about etheral.
just wanna make sure i read it right. ))

Alya was a bit inpatient at the moment. still no word and she had sent one of the best, twice now. maybe she should have tried to recruit them. these companions were relentless. and for what? the twig of a girl she had? what was it about [i:hanq29qp]her[/i:hanq29qp]? Alya had never had someone care like that. most males wanted her for other things. she knew she was considered very attractive and appealing. yet this sorceress was...just... Alya suddenly laughed at herself. she was acting like a teenager. how foolish she just sounded. no she didnt need them or anyone. she had risen to the top, favored by two opposing deities. master of the bardic ways as well as one of the best rogues. and of course having natural arcane abilities was a bonus. how foolish she was to let that girl get to her.
the bard looked up to the large gold mask, the symbol of the Masked Lord. light steps then the oak door opening was heard.
the copper haired male returning not to happy either. he ignored her and walked to the dais. a fire sprang to life on the pyre filling the room with a soft orange glow. Alya turned to face him and just watch. his gloved hand reached and pulled out a thin gold chain. the magical residue was heavy, and it wasnt even the maddalion. out dangled a platnum disk, spinning and reflecting the fire light. several small gems studded one side, the pattern resembling a spider web. in the center was a jet black carved sapphire in of course a spider. he had some high priestess holy symbol. he whispered a few words before throwing it into the black bowl shaped altar.
a black shadow fluttered around the room and made its way to his face. he looked up to the bard with his trademark sneer. Alya also looked pleased. an unusual thing of late.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

(( well, who's left that the group can take down or "play" with.))

Zek and Eili both watched the one become ethereal he muttered." I'll see your god one of these days I assure you. And I'll see him fall." It was not a good thing, and he knew he'd probably have a few deities rooting for him, both good and evil. His body poised waiting, almost waiting to spring on the next victim. Wits restored, but all the combat he's been through was roaring through his veins experience waiting to show them how a real Drow fights and kills.
Site, story being redone