The Vale of Shadow (Part 4)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

The Vale of Shadow (Part 4)

Post by veraka »

((Continuing onward. . .))

Aurora looked up to the ranger right before he headed onward, her eyes glistening. [i:19jwaeg7]Yes, my coat is has never felt better, albeit that rancorous smell, but I believe that another application of your wondrous salves, and a well deserved swim will do me well.[/i:19jwaeg7]

Veraka saw the Zek raise his hand and halted, making sure that his breath was controlled and steady. He switched to his aasimar vision and saw that Aurora had not been wrong on her assumption of someone being up ahead of them, though he couldn't make out their numbers, their aura's were so black with malice, it effectively cloaked them.

"Ranger, you're coming up on those fools, about 25 meters ahead of you; I can't make out the numbers, their aura's seem black as death itself, so watch out," he whispered to the ranger; throwing his hand forward, Veraka signaled to Zek that he wouldn't be able to engage them without leaving Neriah alone, a risk he WASN'T going to take. With that, he crept forward, behind the ranger, as Aurora padded along Zek's flank, seeing which fool she'd have to tear to ribbons this time.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Zek was already working on getting components and such together mixing up a vile concoction. He didn't have the ingredient he needed to make it well.. a living hell but the effects would be the same. Fire. He loved it so. Corking the bottle he shook it quickly before whizzing it down the hallway. As soon as the first click of class was heard, he was casting a fire spell. The container slid behind the group and the components ate away at the cork, building pressure. By the time the cork would break his spell would be cast. Cataclysms were what he liked to produce... this was one of them.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Seeing what the ranger was doing, Aurora quickly halted beside him. She didn't need to ask what he was doing; the first thrown bottle seemed to burst into a inferno. Her eyes lit up as she saw the blazing effects of the thrown pyro-bottles. The effects were impressive.((I leave it up to you to describe the actual effects))

[i:6tlq9p82]Ranger, I'm beginning to understand your ideology of using the elements, especially those of burning, to your advantage,[/i:6tlq9p82] she paused, [i:6tlq9p82]or even to your amusement.[/i:6tlq9p82]
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

The flask when it burst open, all but exploded in an eruption of fire, much like the cataclysmic flames of a very disgruntled ancient fire dragon's breath can produce. Or some could say it was the unholy fires of hell. Either way, the whole hallway was engulfed in flames, feeding off of the air and the combustables from the previous traps. His spell however was a vicious fireball that roared down the passage way, searing all flesh. He aimed to turn them to ash. And the effects what he hoped, was to fuse all the rock, brick and hard materials into one solid object, so it was like a lava tube. Meaning more strength, but also let things roar down here more efficiently. When the fires ended he shrugged slightly." Tell pyronut she missed my own fire show." He mused slightly before looking to Aurora" I need to go back to training, get even more vicious spells..." meaning.. lightning, walls of fire of greater fury, walls of water, severing and cutting winds... the works.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Seeing the devastating results of the pyrotechnics show, Veraka gave the ranger an approving nod; "oh, I think that she'll be in DIRE need to blow something up after we find her, so your little show here will just amplify that desire."

Hearing his comment, Aurora gave a slight chuckle, [i:12bd7faw]and here I thought that Veraka's attacks were overpowered. I think you you've set the standard for explosive power in a bottle. I do wander what it would be like if both Veraka and myself fused our elemental attacks together?[/i:12bd7faw]

Veraka got up from his position and followed the ranger along to see the carnage up close, well what was left to see, anyways. Seeing the results of his rather flashy show, he said, "Remind me to take notes on your methodologies from here on in."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Looking to the two of them" Well, then I'd have to take her somewheres to vent the fury. I wish I had the internal organ or claw from a fire dragon... But I don't think the hallways could handle it." He'd continued on ahead idly pushing aside a husk before it crumbled to ash. Looking back he shrugged slowly." I don't believe that there's too much of anything in these things. I know what I'm doing, sometimes the results are mildly unexpected, but always interesting." He continued on walking down the halls and thought for a moment" I wouldn't mind the freeze and smash technique... I don't think you'd mind that either would you Aurora? Freeze them solid then smash?"
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The aasimar had to chuckle at the ranger's remark.
"The organ of a fire dragon. . . . nasty." With that he continued through the mess of ash and cooked gear. They made their way through the earlier room with all of the boxes in them, and from there on into more tunnels.

Aurora looked the ranger solid in the eye, then grinned; [i:lyvvfoy7]I really don't think you should have said that, but, yes I do like the idea of a person, particularly that albino drow, being frozen, and then becoming a shards of frozen meat. Though with Veraka and his temper, I think those shards would be splinters,[/i:lyvvfoy7] she said to the ranger through her telepathy.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding" You can get away with other combustable components, but apparently that seems to be the best idea for it." He shrugged as they walked through the room with all the boxes and continued on. Looking to Aurora" Well, lets see. Between the three of us there could be a lot of interesting possibilities. Personally, I'd rather see blood with that one."
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka laughed at that, "Zek we should keep tabs on how different ways we find to kill her with between the three of us; I'd definitely be interested to see what the number reaches."

Aurora turned to regard her aasimar friend and said, [i:1y1vplyh]well, between my freezing abilities, your brute strength, and Zek's . . methodical, but inventive approach to situations, I've so far counted out 162 different possibilities that we could use to kill, and just kill, Alya with, [/i:1y1vplyh] she paused and turned to the ranger, [i:1y1vplyh]and before you ask, no, I didn't include torture in that count, and I really don't feel like starting over.[/i:1y1vplyh]

The aasimar went slack jaw for a split second, but then regained his composure. He finally said "it's good thing you're not a paladin, Aurora."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Zek looked at Aurora at her total and spoke." 256 is my count, only touching upon torture." He gave a slight smirk before continuing on down the pathway and looked back." I don't know.. she might make an interesting one."
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"I'll leave you two at your counting game, then," the aasimar rumbled at the ranger, who'd apparently taken to counting what Aurora had mentioned.
"Oh, and Zek, you just had to get Aurora started, didn't y. . ." he paused realizing that the ranger had merely added fuel to the inferno, but he had instigated the whole thing, "never mind."

[i:1uw8sihv]HA! I told you that even wolves can be paladins, even one like myself, and now I've a witness to the fact. Top that![/i:1uw8sihv] she jested at the aasimar. He merely grumbled something in return.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He couldn't help but to laugh hearing him and shook his head." I don't know what kind of deity she could follow, but I'm sure there's one whom wouldn't mind enjoying a wolven Paladin. Besides... fully sentient.. albeit chaotic but it could work." Shaking his head" Paladins... never interested me, you know for many many years I pitied them. Living so chaste, it was quite amusing.. such static lives, you decay quicker that way... Chaos believe it or not, is natural. Nature is chaotic as I am sure you've seen. It can create or destroy without problem.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[i:11lg72j9]How bout Selune? She's the goddess of good-aligned were-creatures; well I'm as a close substitute to them,[/i:11lg72j9] Aurora said through her mind, more to the ranger though.

"A good-aligned, but chaotic furball of paladin; I sense trouble brewing in our future," Veraka said rolling his eyes. He then looked to Zek, "oh, I understand that's how people decay; if you fight what are, you die quicker; I don't fight the fact that I'm part celestial, but even a celestial can be a little roguish from time to time. Does that mean that I've lived a chaste, static life; I couldn't say, I've not been around long enough to find out. You have to keep in mind, Zek, I am what drow would still consider a child, age wise. So, unlike you or perhaps Inrii, I'm still quite new to the ways of the world; but being raised by barbarians, yes, I do understand chaos and how it plays it's part in nature."

This time, the winter wolf joked at his expense; [i:11lg72j9]oh, yeah; you should know how chaos plays it's part in nature; after all you were the one who had that thought rolling around in your head when we first engaged Neriah. . . [/i:11lg72j9] she let his memory do the rest.

The aasimar felt his cheeks go red with heat; "over-sized paladin wanna-be of a furball," he growled at her. Aurora merely continued unhindered, [i:11lg72j9]at least the ranger knows when to venture into that realm of thought and when to keep his wits about him.[/i:11lg72j9]
Then, in a private thought to Zek, [i:11lg72j9]I do believe I' m learning something from you,[/i:11lg72j9] she paused a moment, [i:11lg72j9]or Inrii.[/i:11lg72j9]
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding slightly" It could work well I believe." Shrugging slightly." It goes both ways, absolute evil decays quickly. One must find the middle... Child? Even Inrii is a child to me in age." He said flatly leaving it there. Continuing on he nodded slowly" How the loins do call." He mused as he continued on walking he looked over and nodded." Life is a learning process... what I have surely cannot be good."
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Following Zek through the corridors of the now barren under-area of the guild, Veraka did not like how it seemed that his best friend, and surrogate older sister was teaming up with Zek to bring him humiliation, but he knew that was sibling rivalry, even if he considered his older sister a winter wolf.
"How the lions call' hmph. At least I make my sentiments known," he said to himself

Aurora paced the ranger as they made their way to the staircase that would take them to the warehouse where Veraka woke in.
[i:314d1zak]If life is a learning experience, then why do you seem to take it with a grain of salt, or so it seems like that to me? And why do you insist on being so hard on yourself, it's not like Veraka is this all holy knight-paladin of a god, and neither am I. How does what you've learned make you not good, hmm? You didn't kill me, Veraka, or Inrii when you first made contact with us?[/i:314d1zak] The enormous wolf stared at Zek as she posed her questions to him and him alone.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix