Founding a Facade

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Upon hearing the voices of T'risstree and Talwyn, Veraka turns to regard the two and nods their way as he waves a goodbye to the two, though he arched a thick silver brow at the way Talwyn responded to T'riss's request.

As the two left, he chuckled to himself, "yup, those two are [b:3pmx8rg5]definitely[/b:3pmx8rg5] caught up in Sune's embrace; I wouldn't be surprised if the Knight-Captain came back, well. . . ., but then again, Tal [b:3pmx8rg5]does[/b:3pmx8rg5] have T'risstree's heart and eye, so I suppose that's to be expected."

Turning his attention back to Vanasia, he quickly notices his pupil is caught up in deep mental thought. The aasimar looks to Kalkyril and then back to Zhay, whom this time, meets his eyes.
Veraka points two fingers, his middle and index, quickly to Kalkyril, then to Zhay, then crosses one over the other.
At his pupil's reaction, Veraka issues a hearty laugh; it was obvious that the aasimar was in one of his rare laughable moods.

Aurora glanced up at Veraka, her face one of amusement; [i:3pmx8rg5]You do realize that Kalkyril is within visual range of your little jest toward Zhay, don't you?[/i:3pmx8rg5]

[i:3pmx8rg5]Oh yes. I'm very much aware of this, though she doesn't seem to mind, and if she does, well she's doing an admirable job of masking it,[/i:3pmx8rg5] he replied.

--------------

Zhay goes drop jaw at his mentor's action; not only had Veraka goaded him into talking with Kalkyril, but he was now [i:3pmx8rg5]insisting[/i:3pmx8rg5] that. He shook his head, not knowing how this was the same man who'd instructed him on how to fight using his size, strength and power that he wielded. Zhay wondered how this was the same person that had him go through lesson after grueling lesson of combat to perfect his unique fighting style.

"I suppose that he took the training of me to be a serious aspect of himself, but then again, it's been years since last I saw him; I suppose that he's learned much, and with that knowledge comes an attitude like the one on display. I truly wander what he's become since I last saw him all the those years ago?"

The young warrior glanced at Kalkyril, wondering if she had caught wind of Veraka's little jest.

---------------

Vanasia gave a funny look to the holy warrior, unsure of what to make of his gesture to the young, large drow male that was behind him. However, after a little guessing, she smiled to herself, realizing what the paladin was hinting at.
[i:3pmx8rg5]At the very least, the paladin isn't one of the uptight ones, as is the one who left with Lady T'risstree. Rather he understands drow quite remarkably; impressive,[/i:3pmx8rg5] she thought to herself as she led them into a great circular chamber.

No one was in the chamber, so she summoned an assistant to locate the mistress; the young drow had no idea where the mistress was, so Vanasia decided that she'd locate her herself.

"Is there anything that the mistress should know of?" Vanasia asked Veraka.

"Just tell her that an old friend is back and wanted to say 'hi'," he replied with a smile. With that, the captain went off to locate the mistress of House Helvighym.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

(stretch fingures out in attempts to do this...))

Zarstra had been in her room busy with business and the day to day task sense taking over running the house since her mother had been gone. she couldnt believe how much work it was at times. but it was what the Dark Maiden asked of her.
and she was willing to do so.
Lady Helvighym had taken a group of refuges, mostly the drowlings, to the surface just on the outbreak of the war with the Valsharess. it was purposed for her to return, yet years had passed and no word came. eventually, Zar learned that her mother had been murdered while on the surface.
all of the years of preperation training had been put to the test then. Zar had made a good leader, yet the transition had been difficult for most. and the war and lost of many lives, it had been a tough beginning for her.
things were back to normal, as mush as can be for a drow city. but the city had changed, alot those years following the war. the council had nearly vanished and the noble houses hidden as a rebel group. a city not run by Lloth. and it would remain that way if she could help it. (i assume this is what's happened)

a soft knock at the door brung the lady from her contemplations.
"its open," she said, her voice soft and easy; tho it had become more serious the last few years. her inner joy was their. but at times she wished her mother still around and Zar back to her old job.
the captain poked her head in to the lady now smiling warmly.
"i was asked to relay a message. 'an old friend is back. [i:n5oe4qxm]he[/i:n5oe4qxm] wanted to say hey.'
now Zar was confused. who could she mean?
"w..."
but the captain shook her head. she wasnt gunna ruin a good surprise. she stepped all the way in now. the girl was was taller than Zar who was a bit short, even for drow females. the other female was thicker also, but in an athletic way. Zar was lean and toned like a dancer or runner.
"aw, come on now. not even a hint?" she joke lightheartedly.
the captain wanted to speak as she was playing with her hair, silver hair that contrasted the adamantine mail. but she would not give in so easy easy.
"very well. i supose a break is worth it."
Lady Zar reached for a robe to wear over her thin dress.

the females made their way thru the halls to the large door separating the house from the complex. Zar still couldnt guess who would be here to visit.
the carved door opened to the chapel(?). years ago, all the decerations, designs and carvings had been magically done so any of the Llothites would see what appeared in any other matron's house. now the need for them was gone and they retained themselves as what they always had been.
before her stood several people. her rose orbs grew wide in surprise and her jaw stood agape just a bit. the captain wasnt kidding about old friends.
'this is a surprise and one worth not spoiling,' she admitted to herself.

before the group stood a beautiful drowess. but her beauty was more an inward beauty of her soul. a beauty not made from lust or dampered by the physical aspect. tho she was physically attractive as well in most aspects. her silverish lush curls hung long around herself. her ebony skin reflected the faerie fire giving her a otherworldly glow. her robe, despite House Helvighym having posed as a lessor noble house for so long, was a simple lavander silk that covered her to her feet. the designs reminiscent of a jasmine vine along the hems. she also hinted to the smell of the surface flowers. the only noticeable jewelry was the mithril chain containing a sword pendent and a simple silver ring on her left hand.
Lady Zarstra Helvighym neared the group, still in surprise to speak.
"I think she means to say 'vendui'," the captain put in for her.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The armored aasimar looked up to see two female drow standing before the group; one he knew to be Vanasia, the guard captain. The other woman, standing beside her, was one of his oldest friends back from when he came to Lith My'athar.

Lady Zarstra stood before Veraka, her youth still emphasized in her posture and age; one thing he did notice was how her robes were those that foretold her rank as Matron, or Lady of House Helvighym.

At that moment, Veraka felt a pang of regret sweep over him; if Zarstra was now Lady of House Helvighym, that meant that Erelae was gone and had passed away. The aasimar didn't let this revelation deter his happiness at seeing his old friend.

[color=indigo:12w7kz2r]"I think she means to say 'vendui'," the captain put in for her. [/color:12w7kz2r]

"Well that's obvious, isn't it," Veraka replied to Vanasia at Zarstra's stunned reaction. The aasimar then gave his rare smile, his silver eyes glowing with joy, one that was usually reserved for his best of friends.

What the aasimar did next no one expected, he strode up to Zarstra and embraced her in a bear hug, which was one of over-joyed happiness at seeing her again, and one of sadness for her lost mother, Erelae.

-----------------

Even in his platinum dragon scale armor, Veraka managed to give a Lady Zarstra a hug that didn't look to hurt or be of any pain. His smile; it was his smile that brought back memories in Zhay's mind.

When Zhay had passed his training at the aasimar's hands, Veraka had given him the same smile, one of genuine joy and friendship. One also of pride and remembrance. Zhay was happy to see his mentor in a the state he was in, much had indeed changed if Veraka had a reaction of this sort, or he was very happy to see Lady Zarstra.
[i:12w7kz2r]He must really know Lady Zarstra as a close friend; I haven't seen that expression in a long time.[/i:12w7kz2r] he thought to himself.

"He really does take friendships to heart; now I understand why he acted like a father all those years ago, when I was training under him, he was taking that as part of his friendship to me as well as his own training to me. Huh," the young warrior contemplated to himself.

---------------

Veraka pulled away from Zarstra, looking at her smiling. He then said, "you really are surprised to see me, huh?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard glanced from Veraka to the Lady of the House, and his brows rose slightly. Apperantly, the two knew each other. He filed that away for later, and gave the smallish female a deep bow of respect.

"Vendui, Jabbress. Thank you for allowing us into your magnificent home. It is a pleasure to meet you, milady." He stepped back, wondering if he'd been TOO polite and genteel. <I've been among surfacers longer too long- I've nearly forgotten a few points of protocol myself!> he thought ruefully. Still, at the time it had been necessary to remove himself from the company of his own people. now, though, with so many followers of the Dark Maiden appearing, it might be time to reacquaint himself with drow customs, as well as that female wolf-in-drow-clothing with the group.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((well, i was hoping for some other to get a chance. but im heading out tomarrow. but i might have a chance to get here on the weekend.))

Zar wasnt expecting the bear hug as her small frame was easisly lifted. she cleared her throat and he put her down again. she straigtened out her robe and smiled warmly to all.
"yes. i always am happy to see old friends and meet new ones." then turning to the rest, "vendui. may the lady's light and grace shine upon you."
she walked over to them to greet them more personally.
"i'm Lady Zarstra Helvighym. and I welcome yall."
she bowed slightly to them.
"so, how can i be of service?"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Kalkyril, realizing of late the delicacy of her situation, the web of lies built up to keep her story intact, plausible, believable, and that she, the houseless rogue, has not been addressed yet, keeps quiet, and relatively at the rear of the party, beside Zhay, and as suggested, letting the others do most... or at least more of the talking.

The idea of her attempts to help, being troublesome, and what with that annoying priestess's insults, as acutely as if were she reverted to dragon shape, Kalkyril can nearly taste the bile in her throat from the audacious insult. If only Talwyn weren't so attached to her, it would be a simpler matter to humble T'risstree. These paladins seem a pretty tight-knit lot, regardless of the god they pray to, as if they were a family unto themselves. For fondness of Zhay, and in turn his mentor, Veraka, she could not cross Talwyn, and so the issue would have to be dealt with delicately.

It is Charir who is first to notice the approaching Matron from his concealed little perch, and through the familiar's telepathic link, interjects, [i:1ykjhdmc][color=red:1ykjhdmc]~Mistress, forgive my interruption to your plans, but the Matron of the house approaches us, as I speak.~[/color:1ykjhdmc][/i:1ykjhdmc]

Attention brought back to now, and the sight of Lady Zarstra, she awaits her turn to be noticed, and returns the bow, going no more or less deeper, than the one offered, pride, despite any downfallen status, would not allow her to humble herself so readily, and yet proper manners demands the respect.

With no one else answering the offer, [color=blue:1ykjhdmc]"so, how can i be of service?" [/color:1ykjhdmc] she hesitates a second, looks about to her many companions, then answers, at least on her behalf, "I cannot truly speak for those I have come here with, though I know there was some trouble on the street that found Veraka, and a fellow Paladin. I am Kalkyril, of .... of no house." The admission one in which she shows a well-practiced disdain and disgust. It doesn't take much to make it sound sincere either, the dragon within imagining it to be an admission of falling from honorable status among her kin, "Without any knowledge of which House razed my own, being a survivor is nearly worthless. To try calling upon Right of Accusation without knowing who to blame.... I might as well have been dead to them. And because they believe it so, I come without assassins on my heels. I wish... I request, with your approval, a sponsor, to take in a Houseless rogue, and perhaps help me to establish a House of my own, within Lith My'athar. I have seen too much of the ruin that all inevitably bring upon themselves, throwing in their loyalties to the Spider Queen to regain favor. As she has abandoned me, I abandon her, and hope perhaps to find a better way with your Eilistraee." It is not actually stated, but the implication is there, that she would be indebted in a fashion, and be an ever loyal ally and supporter to the house to sponsor her.

To the dragon within, that implied debt is very real, and whether Zarstra notices it or not, Kalkyril (Pheurazath) takes it very seriously.

((OOC: Looking forward to seeing more of you Zar, not to mention, at this point your part in the RP is pivotal.))
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

[b:3vjom58e]< meanwhile back at the Dark Dancer and a couple of hours later >[/b:3vjom58e]

T'risstree slowly woke up from her deep sleep.

She could feel Talwyn's muscular right arm laying across her chest, his hand cupping her breast unconsciously as he slumbered behind her. She'd nestled against him, spooning together. Her slight smaller body snuggling easily up against his larger frame.

The soft black silk sheets were another sensual delight and she smiled to herself as she recalled the past hour of their intense reunion before they had passed out together and fell asleep embracing.

She opened her eyes and looked around the suite Talwyn had rented. His armor and her clothes were scattered about the floor and the wine bottle was now up ended and empty in the ice bucket. She could still see that there were plenty of snacks left on the trolly.

She lay there for a while contemplating which would be better: to get up and eat something as she was starting to feel a little hungry, or stay were she was, all snug and warm in Talwyn's embrace. Her mind was quickly made up when Talwyn shifted slightly and started to snore gently.

She slipped out from his embrace and gently rolled away from the sleeping man. Stepping up silently, she padded over naked to the trolly and picked up some fruit and cheese and started to nibble on them.

After a few mouthfuls she began to sudeenly feel nauseated and stopped eating. Her stomach rumbled and flipflopped as her bile began to rise. Dashing over to the bathroom she flung open the doorway and managed to get over to the basin and pull back her long silvery hair before she was sick.

She gripped the vanity tightly as her stomach heaved and she threw up again.

[i:3vjom58e]Poison?[/i:3vjom58e] she thought

No...it couldn't be poison as they'd both eaten some of the food before they'd made love. Her head swam and she gulped and tried to control her gasping coughing fit that came with her retching.

She could hear Talwyn waking up and asking if she was ok.

"It's nothing...just some bad cheese...I'll be fine my love...go back to sleep," she said as she poured water down the basin to wash away her mess. She felt lucky that she'd managed not to puke on her hair as she washed her face and tidied up in the bathroom.

Still feeling not a hundred percent she sat down on the edge of the bath and thought as to what may have caused her to become so violently sick.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

It was the sound of T'risstree bolting across the room and flinging open the bathroom door that initially woke Talwyn from his doze. Then he heard the unmistakable sound of her vomiting and coughing in the bathroom and he winced as he sat up in bed and looked across at the bathroom with concern.

"T'riss? Are you alright sweetie?"

[color=indigo:3rrdg89x]"It's nothing...just some bad cheese...I'll be fine my love...go back to sleep."[/color:3rrdg89x]

He frowned to himself as he listened as she finished being ill and he heard the sound of running water as she washed up.

[i:3rrdg89x]Bad cheese? Surely it couldn't have gone that bad in a few hours?[/i:3rrdg89x] he thought as he looked over at the diner cart which had the remains of their food on it.

He got out of bed and pulled on a pair of loose fitting cotton pants from out of his pack and went over to one of the ornate wardrobes on the other side of the room. He opened it to find inside two silken bathrobes, some towels and other bedding and pillows for the room. He took a robe and a towel and went back over to the bathroom.

He knocked lightly at the enterance, even though the door was still half open. She was sitting naked on the edge of the large poliched marble bath with a look as puzzlement and concentration. She looked over at him as he knocked, her train of thought distracted for a moment. She stood and came over to him

"T'riss...here..." he passed her the towel and robe which she took with a tired but grateful smile. She put on the robe and wiped her face with the towel.

"You feeling any better?" He looked at her with concern as he'd never seen her be sick at all before. Perhaps she was coming down with a belly flux?

"If it's some sort of flux that's upsetting you, I can remove it now if you wish?" he asked her.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: T'riss- is there something you want to tell the rest of the class?! :eek:

IC: the bard watches the exchange between the Lady of the House and Kalkyril, trying to hide a tiny smirk at her mention of being Houseless. At last, he steps up beside her, and gives a slight nod to Zarstra. "I too am something of a 'rogue' as she put it, and seek a sponsor here in the city, or at least employment in some capacity. I renounced my house, in favor of seeking a place of my own in the world, which it seems was impossible there. I have many skills to offer, among them expertise in battle and some ability with magic. And I am a devout follower of the Maiden, so you need fear no tretchery from me. I would serve in whatever way you wish, Jabbress," he finishes, bowing again though not quite as low this time.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

[OOC: ;) not gonna say anything at this point Aylstra dearest :p ]

< [b:1jgxzc5u]Talwyn's suite, back at the Dark Dancer [/b:1jgxzc5u]>

[color=blue:1jgxzc5u]
"If it's some sort of flux that's upsetting you, I can remove it now if you wish?" he asked her.[/color:1jgxzc5u]

"Oh...alright...I suppose it could be a bug of some kind. It's been such a long time since I had caught anything like this. I don't feel feverish or wozy but still...if your touch can make this disease go away I'll take it," she said as she stood next to Talwyn.

He gently put his hands on her face and closed his eyes and channelled the healing power of his god. She felt a tiny bit better as she began to glow a bit but it wasn't like the full relief that the normal clerical magic would bring when used for removing disease.

"Thanks mrannd'ssinss, I'm feeling a bit better now," she said as she nuzzled his hand. He enfolded her in a brief warm hug before letting her go. She saw the concern in his eyes for her and felt deeply moved by it.

"Hey...I'm not dying you silly man," she teased with a tired grin.

"What I think I need is some soothing tea. Be a darling and make me some would you?" she asked as she made her way back over to the bed an sat down.

Talwyn looked around the room trying to work out where the fireplace was.

"Oh...you've never stayed in a Drow city before have you mrannd'ssinss? Of course not...well let me show you some of our devices," she said standing up and taking him by the hand, led him over to a small dresser. Inside was a medium sized ceramic pot with a flip lid plus small delicate porcelin cups plus some small packets of herbals teas. She opened the pot and rubbed one side of it. Instantly it began to fill with water. Once it was 3/4 full she rubbed it again and it stopped filling. Then she pressed a small button on the side of the pot and within moments, Talwyn could see the bottom of the pot begin to glow with magical heat. T'risstree softly hummed to herself as she dropped some of the tea packets into the cups. In less than a minute the water was boiling. Depressing the button, she turned off the heat and poured the boiling water into the cups.

"There, that's how we can make instant hot water. A simple but praticle use of craftsmanship and applied magic. Now mrannd'ssinss, bring me my tea as I'm going to lay in bed again," she said with a casual smile as she wandered back over to the bed, plumped up the pillows and settled back down with a comfortable sigh.

"Thank you dear."

T'risstree took the steaming cup of tea from him and sipped gingerly, smacking her lips with satisfaction at the spicey soothing taste. Her stomach felt better and she was relieved that this strange sudden sickness had passed.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka gave a slight grin to Lothir’s raised brow; the level of friendship that he knew Lady Zarstra with was very deep in its roots. It was after giving the floor to Kalkyril that the aasimar noticed his pupil was staring at him with an expression of disbelief, but also one of questioning. He suddenly remembered his promise to tell Zhay about his darker side, and what had happened all those years ago, when he’d first visited Lith My’athar, and had trained Zhay into the proud warrior he was now.

Aurora made her way over to corner near Zar and
Understanding that Zhay wanted an answer now, the aasimar strode up to Kalkyril and Zhay, and said to Lady Zarstra and Lothir, “Forgive me, Lothir, Lady Zarstra, but my pupil and I have something that we both must discuss and I must say that the both of us will depart your company for a few minutes; excuse us.”
--------------
Zhay turned to Kalkyril after she was finished, and said in a low tone, “Mi’lady, please excuse me, but my mentor and I have something that we both need to discuss in private.” With this, Zhay about faced and strode out of the main chapel with Veraka toward the outside. Both of them exited the complex, and proceeded to go a ways outside House Helvighym before Zhay stopped and glared at Veraka; “So, have you finally decided to tell me what happened that night when you came back near death.”
--------------
Veraka looked up to his apprentice and nodded; “yes, Zhay; I’ll tell you what happened that night. As you well know, me, Lady Zarstra and a number of other priestesses went out and assisted those that we could who escaped the destruction of House Kilanathar that night.”
--------------
At the mention of the house, Zhay nodded, understanding how and why Veraka had vanished that night. The young drow warrior listened intently as Veraka went through and described the events, how he fought swarms of enemy soldiers, and seeing the house fall in upon itself. Zhay gave his neutral expression at this, knowing full well that that was a common practice among drow. He let Veraka continue.
--------------
“After the enemy troops breached the defensive line that we had, I squared off with my arch-enemy, Dacuda. We fought each other for a good time, before that pit-spawned yochlol showed up, disguised as a drow priestess. After that, well I told you that part already,” Veraka finished, looking Zhay directly in the eye.

“But you didn’t tell me how you fought two of the most powerful creatures in both the Prime and Lower Planes. How in the Dark Maiden’s name did you hold off a Yochlol, let alone banish her back to the Demon Web,” Zhay asked his eyes more than a little curious.

The aasimar let out a long sigh; "well, let me ask you this; you remember our little fight with the Lolthites that me and Talwyn had and, fortunately for us, won?”

“Yes; what does that have to do with anything?”

“Well, Zhay; had you been in the fight you’d have seen. . . . . .” he trailed off, sensing that something was afoul in their area.
Drawing Marala Vharc and readying his shield, Veraka looked to his apprentice and said “get that weapon of yours out, lad; we’ve got company.”

Unsheathing his greatsword, Zhay went back-to-back with Veraka as the two scanned their area for any signs of trouble.
With his aasimar vision, Veraka detected a few aura’s that he didn’t like; “Zhay, I think you’re about to put that weapon to good use,” he growled in a low tone. His apprentice nodded back and kept the enormous weapon ready for whatever would come out, if it dared show its face.

Within a split second, more than a dozen globes of darkness appeared all around them, two of which covered up the both of them. In they came, several Lolthian fighters, mages, and a few priestesses.

Veraka on instinct, raised his shield high, and swatted with his sword low. Both connected as more than three finely crafted drow blades collided with his block and parry. Raising an armored boot to his chest while his shield was up, Veraka raised his shield and his foot went out in a mighty front kick. Through his aasimar vision, he saw both of his attackers stumble backwards.
--------------
Zhay, sensing his mentor had moved in that instant, moved his greatsword in a block position and went into a crouch; a split second later, the famed snake-headed whip of Lolth’s clergy snapped in, five heads, with fangs barred, flashing in. The young drow narrowed his blazing red eyes as he instinctively swatted outward with his blade in a diagonal counterattack.

The flat of his blade grabbed the snake-heads and guided all of them away from the warrior. Releasing his right hand from his weapon, Zhay launched himself at the high priestess in a powered shoulder charge.
The drow’s massive frame connected with the high priestess and sent the light-weight female sprawling to the ground.

Glaring up the massive Zhay, the female barked at him “You are of drow blood, Attack this surface wretch.”

“That [i:8zjslin3]wretch [/i:8zjslin3] taught me everything that I [b:8zjslin3]wouldn’t[/b:8zjslin3] have learned under that spider bitch queen,” Zhay snarled back at the priestess, his eyes blazing with anger.

The female shrieked something in a language Zhay didn’t understand.
--------------------
While Zhay may not have understood what the high priestess screamed, Veraka did; and it turned his blood to ice, as he saw the exact recipient of the message barrel toward the both of them, its aura pitch black in his vision.

“Zhay, look out; we’ve got a . . . . “ his words were lost as giant clawed hand swiped at him and sent the aasimar whirling into a wall. Veraka hit the surface hard with a resonating ‘THUD’. Two of the bigger fighters pinned him, their weapons at his neck should he move.

Veraka could do nothing as he watched the 9’ tall half-drow, half-demon make its way over to Zhay and at the command of the high priestess, the draeglolth knocked Veraka’s pupil back and stunned him. At the command of the priestess, the beast picked him up and started to drag him toward the edge of the cavern, Zhay howling in pain all the way. The priestess grinned and commanded the bulk of her forces a quick retreat. She turned to five of her fighters and bade them to finish Veraka quickly. Then she stalked off after the draeglolth.

“ZZZHHHHHAAAYYYY!!!!” Veraka howled into the blackness as the Lolthites vanished.

His vision told him of a small hole that the group took as the exit with Zhay. Tears welled up in the aasimar’s eyes as anger, rage, and sorrow took over. The five drow fighters closed in to finish their job.

Anger rose up from deep within; anger at how he’d failed to protect Zhay, anger at himself not taking the blow, and anger at how’d he’d failed someone who was a like a son to him.

A low growl started to emanate from the aasimar, resulting in the drow lightly laughing; that growl soon escalated to a full on roar of pure wrath and frenzied psychological rage. With the strength of a dire bear, Veraka launched himself forward, cannoning into the two drow holding him, and knocking them both onto their backs. Raising both hands over his head, he balled them into two iron fists, and slammed the armored wrecking balls into the drows’ chest, knocking the wind out of them and effectively putting them both out of the fight.

Turning his blood crimson eyes on the remaining three lolthites, the berserker infused aasimar stalked over to them and the chaos-ridden havoc began.
-------------
Aurora lifted her head and let out a howl; [i:8zjslin3] Veraka’s in trouble,[/i:8zjslin3] she said right as the berserker’s roar echoed from the house entrance. The great white wolf bolted for the house entrance doors.
-------------
The final drow tried to keep his wits about him as the berserker-frenzied warrior dropped the corpse of his last partner and started toward him. The drow looked upon his two comrades who were among the living a moment ago. One of the fighter’s heads was twisted up and around in a very odd and sickening position. The other, whom Veraka had just dropped the corpse of, had his neck torn out; the berserker’s hands were quite bloody at this point.

The berserker let loose a howl of rage as it grappled the final drow fighter by the neck, and started to squeeze. Within moments, the armored fingers started to dig into the necks’ soft flesh. Blood started to seep in between the berserker’s fingers as it crushed the drow’s windpipe in on itself; a sickening, wet crack was heard, then the fighter slumped, his throat crushed inward by the berserker raging Veraka.

Gathering up his weapon and shield, the raging aasimar stalked off toward the exit that the high priestess and her flotilla took and exited Lith My’athar himself, pursuing the lolthites into the Underdark, going after Zhay, and going after them for simple vengeance.
--------------------
Aurora slammed through House Helvighym’s entrance doors, only to come upon the gruesome and bloody scene that was to behold; three drow bodies lay strewn about, blood pooling around two of them; the third one had looked to have his neck broken and with some force behind the blow.

Only two remained alive, and both of them were wheezing to stay alive, their chests trying to rise to take in life giving oxygen.
Aurora stalked up to both of them and growled quite harshly. ((OOC: If anyone wants to take over acting out Aurora, that’s fine; if not then she’ll be lounging about in House Helvighym’s halls, depressed at Veraka and Zhay’s disappearance; well, see you guys later.))
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

Maryne yawned as she walked through the main street, wondering where to go. Deciding that it was best she try out the inn she had seen Talwyn first, she turned and followed the route, hugging a robe wrapped with the sheaf of papers she had promised her friend and shivering with excitement. She couldn't wait to tell T'riss that she had finally been raised to a Dark Dancer.

She stopped outside the inn, taking in a deep breath and shifting the robe once more. She had been walking to House Helvighym before she changed her mind, and she had seen the most beautiful robe in a shop. Thinking it would be the perfect cover - and a nice welcome gift, she had bought the robe, tucking the stack of papers she had copied into the folds. She opened the door and went in, looking around for the Mistress Sassandra, who came up behind her, inquiring her purpose.

Maryne frowned when the lady told her that T'risstree was unavailable at the moment. She sighed and sat down at a table, waving away Mistress Sassandra's offers for refreshments. A nice tea would've done to cool the headache she had, but she didn't want to wait. She lay the robe on the table in front of her, resisting the urge to put her head down and rest, wondering when T'riss and Talwyn would become 'available', grinning slightly despite the low throb in her head. "Oh, T'riss," she muttered, "Come out soon, will you?"
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

[i:316njpd5]Such wonders and marvels[/i:316njpd5] he thought as Talwyn watched T'risstree prepare the tea. Indeed it was a very clever use of magic to be able to simply create water and then have it heated to boiling rather than build a fire. Ingenious.

[color=indigo:316njpd5]"Now mrannd'ssinss, bring me my tea as I'm going to lay in bed again," she said with a casual smile as she wandered back over to the bed, plumped up the pillows and settled back down with a comfortable sigh. [/color:316njpd5]

He silently shook his head with a half smile as he watched her walk back over to the bed and settle down.

[i:316njpd5]Yes, she must be feeling better...back to her bossy self again [/i:316njpd5] he mused as he carried over her cup and his. Handing it to her, she looked up and beamed at him.

[color=indigo:316njpd5]"Thank you dear."

T'risstree took the steaming cup of tea from him and sipped gingerly, smacking her lips with satisfaction at the spicey soothing taste. [/color:316njpd5]

He took a sip of the tea.

Ginger and some other spices he wasn't all that familiar with were present in the brew. It was quite pleasant.

He gazed over at T'risstree who was staring over the rim of her cup off into space with a thoughtful expression on her dark face.

"T'riss love...how about we go downstairs and relax in the baths? I know I could do with a wash after our bit of fun and I think it'll make you feel a lot better as well," he suggested, snapping her out of her contemplation. She smiled and nodded in agreement.

"I've also got to see where Grofsnuttle has disappeared to? Knowing that gnome, she's no doubt wallowing in all the luxury this Inn can provide," he added dryly as he put down his half drunk cup and pulled on the silen bath robe.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

[quote:37ukyfh8]Zhay turned to Kalkyril after she was finished, and said in a low tone, “Mi’lady, please excuse me, but my mentor and I have something that we both need to discuss in private.” With this, Zhay about faced and strode out of the main chapel with Veraka toward the outside.[/quote:37ukyfh8]

To this, Kalkyril thought to protest, but it was one before the words came to her lips, and a resigned sigh issues, watching Zhay depart with Veraka. Charir, observantly putting in, [i:37ukyfh8][color=red:37ukyfh8]~You like him, don't you? Shall I watch after him?~[/color:37ukyfh8][/i:37ukyfh8]. Kalkyril mentally dismissed the idea, bearing in mind the company he went with. Calm had returned to her, and a weak smile had found its way to her lips as attention returned fully to her hostess, until all her calm came crashing down.

It did not take Aurora's declaration, echoed to Kalkyril, via Charir, but merely the sound of the howling cry of a name she had begun to hold quite dear. No, in fact the wolf's declaration had only compounded and confirmed her fear. A fear, that quickly turned to a savage anger, which she barely contained, barely... but for Charir, sensing her reaction kept her aware of the dangers of revealing herself inside the city.

At that moment, she turns back to Lady Zarstra and dips into a slight bow, "Please, pardon me, I MUST go see what is amiss." Not even awaiting the dismissal she turns to Lothir, an edge of urgency on her voice, "Back to the Inn, dear bard, and retrieve our Knight Commander." And then she is off, in a hurry to exit the house, following after Aurora, at all haste of her present form.
---------------------------------------------------

Once outside, and parted from Lothir's company, she instructs to Charir, "Go to the Inn, try not to be seen by too many, and find the gnome wizard, be sure she meets up with Talwyn, and guide them to me. Now go, and be sure to inform me when you're near to catching up." A look is shot to Aurora, unsure if the wolf could understand, but speaks to her anyway, "I'll be damned if I'm losing either of them! We hunt them together!" And with that she runs for the same gates Veraka went for, picking out the subtle heat signature of his feet. Once beyond the gates and amidst the darkness, there is simply no reason to hide the truth, not even caring if the wolf sees it, reverting to dragon form, and though differences exist in shape and dimensions, roughly the same size as Aurora. Then she sprints away, avoiding flight, while still following the Aasimar's thermal trail.

[i:37ukyfh8]By Io, if I find more than minor wound on him, I will know the identity of his assailants, and raze them and their entire family from this city![/i:37ukyfh8] so the dragon thinks to herself. A vow made privately, and yet mentally invoking Io, is no small matter to make a vow by.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

[color=blue:2may8kyi][i:2may8kyi]"T'riss love...how about we go downstairs and relax in the baths? I know I could do with a wash after our bit of fun and I think it'll make you feel a lot better as well," he suggested, snapping her out of her contemplation.[/i:2may8kyi][/color:2may8kyi]

T'risstree glanced up from where she'd been staring off into space and smiled at Talwyn's thoughtful suggestion. She nodded and put down her cup after she'd taken another long sip of tea.

[color=blue:2may8kyi]
[i:2may8kyi]"I've also got to see where Grofsnuttle has disappeared to? Knowing that gnome, she's no doubt wallowing in all the luxury this Inn can provide," he added dryly as he put down his half drunk cup and pulled on the silen bath robe.[/i:2may8kyi][/color:2may8kyi]

Her brow furrowed when she heard an unfamiliar name.

"Grofsnuttle? Talwyn, who is this woman and why have you taken to accompanying female gnomes in the Underdark?" she inquired casually as she watched him get dreessed in the other bathrobe.

What in the name of the goddess was he doing with such a strange creature? She'd not met any gnomes before and had only the racial memory of emnity that the Drow felt towards the deep gnomes of the Underdark. This would no doubt be another interesting story.

"Come on lover, you can introduce me to Miss Grofsnuttle down at the baths and tell me how you got to be acting as a bodyguard for a lady gnome,' she giggled as they left the room and headed downstairs to the lobby.

They entered the lobby to find Maryne sitting at a table looking a bit tired.

"Maryne!" exclaimed T'risstree with surprised delight. "What are you doing here sister?" she asked as she dashed across the room and came up to hug the drow girl.
clicky2cme