Founding a Facade

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

User avatar
Pheurazath
Regular
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 4:35 am

Postby Pheurazath » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:37 am

As the echoes of Veraka's savage war cry came echoing back to Pheurazath her speed gaining on him especially well while he was busied climbing, she shuts her eyes for a moment, relying on her blind-sense to 'see' her surroundings by the echoes, and answering the roar as it begins to fade, with one of her own, but not just to answer, for in that moment, imagination stirred horrible possibilities, and thus the roar issues with renewed rage.

Pumping her wings furiously now, to catch up, her eyes come open again, in time to realize she's near to catching sight of the man, making up the steep grade of the path he'd recently climbed, wings come to half-sail as she almost collides with the incline, executing a Wing-over maneuver, but only committing to it enough to bring her hind-legs under and out in front, bracing hind-legs first, then wings to come to a halt leaving neither dragon nor passenger damaged.

Defiantly of the ache now in her wings from that impact, she issues another savage growl, and pushes on, hauling herself up with all her might. Replacing forepaws with wings cupping under herself as a supportive canopy for Aurora (and keeping her wings safely removed from bumping into anything, she carries on the remaining distance to close on Veraka, and skitters to a stop, sideways in front of him, blocking the way, growling to him in a voice, almost familiar, save the inflections of a draconic voice, "Hold! I haven't time to explain myself, Veraka, just trust me, and..." she then pulls back her wings, letting Aurora back down to the ground.... finally.

Then she's off, back on the wing, hoping to overtake, and get even a little ahead of HER Zhay's captives. Hopefully this hostage, is not one they want to hold onto for long, perhaps they might 'sacrifice' a bard to a hungry dragon so as not to have to stop to fight with Veraka on their heels. Perhaps....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in the city... delight overtakes Charir, as the annoying gnome speeds away from him, but on the same token, because they are FINALLY under way, and even better, he doesn't have to hold back from his full normal flight speed, taking off between Talwyn's departure, and T'risstree's whom he gives a chirp too, before bolting off into the city, flying just as fast, without need of haste.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Postby veraka » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:27 am

Running at his maximum speed, Veraka heard a second roar return to him after his own had faded in nothingness. He didn't stop to contemplate this new audible development, knowing that every step that the enemies made from him was how much further that Zhay got from him.

His heart increased in rhythm, providing him with added power to his strides. It was what landed in front of him that caused him to skid to a stop.
"Hold! I haven't time to explain myself, Veraka, just trust me, and..."
"Wha. . . . his words are lost as the familiar-voiced dragon takes off exactly in the same direction as Zhay's captors. Seeing Aurora land next to him, he asks her, "what in the Nine Hells was that about?"

Does it matter; if you want to see Zhay alive, we must hurry.

Nodding in grim agreement, Veraka, followed by Aurora, takes off in Zhay's direction, following a disappearing dragon.

((OOC: if anyone wishes to takeover acting out one of the NPC's in the group that Veraka, Aurora and Kalkyril are pursuing, just PM me about it))
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

User avatar
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Postby Aylstra Illianniis » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:38 pm

OOC: Hey Tal, not to be too much a stickler, but there was no need to grab him- he's mounted on a riding-lizard! What were you gonna do- pull him down off a lizard galloping at full speed?
You'd break your arm trying! LOL!!! :p I'll let it slide this time, but please pm me first next time, 'kay?


The bard sees the others running up alongside, and points down the passage. "They went that way!" he shouts, then stifles a protest as Talwyn reaches out and grabs him as they run past, yanking him bodily from the lizard's saddle- and leaving a bruise in a very NASTY spot in the process. He stifles a yelp, as Tal bounces him along, then suddenly realizes that they are running faster than the lizard, and grins. "Well, a ride is a ride," he says, with a shrug, and closes his eyes, activating his levitation power to make himself lighter.

He floats above the knight as Talwyn carries him along, and with an impish grin breaks into a rendition of a song: "Come fly with me, come fly, yes let's fly away..." (Thanks and credit to Sinatra here...) Soon they hear the dragon's roar ahead, and he pauses. in mid-tune. "That did NOT sound promising," he mutters, and begins to chant a quick spell, turning invisible, so that Talwyn appears to be holding nothing but thin air.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188

User avatar
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:31 am

Postby T'risstree Helviiryn » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:33 am

The two drow women, being unencumbered, didn't take all that long to overhaul Talwyn and Lothir.

T'risstree wondered what lay ahead of them and grew apprehensive when the sound of roars and rumbling echoed from further down the winding underground cavernous tunnels.

She kept pace with Maryne, the two of them falling into a graceful running rhythmic dance as they flew over boulders and stalegmites that littered the cavern floor.

Turning a corner she thought she saw something long scaly and reptilian disappear at a fast pace around another bend in the tunnel.

"What in the hells was that? Did you see that Maryne?" she yelled as she slowed her pace down to walking.

"I think all the noise has attracted something large and predatory," she added grimly as she slid out her bastard sword from its sheath on her back. "We'd best be cautious. I don't want to ru headlong into something unexpected."
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme

User avatar
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1480
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: Western Australia
Contact:

Postby Talwyn Aureliano » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:36 am

[OOc: Aylstra, first off sorry about taking Lothir like that but I wanted to keep us all together. If you stayed on the Lizard, you'd be left in the dust as the hasted characters would have outpaced you :/ ]

Noticing that Lothir was now almost weightless and invisible was a slight relief for talwyn as he charged along at breakneck speed behind Grofsnuttle. The gnome was streaks ahead and in seconds, Talwyn was pased by the extremely agile and lithe drow girls how literally zipped and danced over the loose rocky terrain in an incredible display of agility and grace. Talwyn had to dodge and jump over the obsiticles and keep an wary eye out as his light source only extended out for 10' which he could see clearly.

The sound of huge roars ahead caused him to check his pace and slow down. Grofsnuttle and the two drow women had also decided that blundering at full tilt into gods knows what may not be the best idea.


He put down Lothir gently.

"Sorry old chap for that rather undignified dismount," he appologise sincerly to the invisible bard.

"Shush Talwyn....we need to hear what's going on!" hissed Grofsnuttle in a loud whisper waving at him to quieten down.

Still hasted, she quickly incanted another spell and became Invisble

[IMPROVED INVISIBILITY]

"I'll look ahead, wait till the count of 20 then follow me," she squeaked in her hurried whisper.


Darting ahead, Grofsnuttle ran down the passageway before she skidded to a halt in surprise.

A Deep Dragon had landed in front of Veraka and had caused him to skid to a stop.

"Hold! I haven't time to explain myself, Veraka, just trust me, and..."

"Wha. . . . his words are lost as the familiar-voiced dragon takes off exactly in the same direction as Zhay's captors. Seeing Aurora land next to him, he asks her, "what in the Nine Hells was that about?" he asked as the Deep dragon took to the air again in a flap of its leathery wings.


She watched for a moment as some telepathic communication appeared to flow back and forth between Veraka and his companion animal.

Then, nodding in grim agreement, Veraka, followed by Aurora, took off in Zhay's direction, following a disappearing dragon.

Well well well she thought...how interesting. She waited till the others had reached where she was standing and called out to them softy.

"Over here."

She scrapped the floor with her shoe to indicate where she was standing.

"It seems that there's more to Kalkyril than we'd had anticipated friends but that's not important right now. I sense something far more powerful and malevolent ahead than a juvinile Deep Dragon. I think that Veraka and Kalkyril are running into a greater trap. We must b ready to deal with what ever terror lays ahead," she said grimly.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Image

User avatar
Pheurazath
Regular
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 4:35 am

Postby Pheurazath » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:25 am

OOC: Sorry for the delay, was just a bit unsure how to proceed.... moving along?

IC: As Pheurazath departs upon depositing Aurora with Veraka, there is, a VERY brief glimpse of something, rounding the corner, she believed couldn't be what it appears. Even as she faintly discerns a bit of the echoing voice that calls back to the rest of the companions, with which her Charir travels, she comes to realize, and in a subtle sense know, this was Grofsnuttle. But through her natural eyes, a gnome is not what she saw, and this is unnerving for a moment, a moment only, that is pushed aside. All that matters, and can matter now, for that can be dealt with later, is the salvation of 'her' Zhay. Indeed, for desire of the big Drow, she has privately laid claim over him, as if a prized piece of her hoard, a portion of personal territory, and yet meaning to her so much more than both. Again, she wonders why she is coming to care so much.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back with Talwyn and crew, Charir cringes as no words, but merely a telepathic growl passes between him and Pheurazath, all that the little familiar need hear to know he messed up. However without anymore than that descending upon him, also realizes he might yet salvage his situation, broadcasting to his present companions, ~We should press on, but not too fast, Mistress has a plan so we may fight the ruffians without a hostage in their hands. It may not work if she is seen with us.~ He even lets slip, ~She cares a great deal about the giant of a Dark Elf.~
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)

User avatar
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Postby Aylstra Illianniis » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:33 am

"Well, Hells, you could have at least warned me, Tal," says the disembodied voice of the bard as Talwyn sets him down. "I just hope that lizard finds his owner- I promised I'd get it back to him when I borrowed the beast. Was that Kalkyril I just saw fly around that bend? Goddess bless, but why is it ALWAYS dragons?" He mutters, his complaint sounding from several feet away, as if he is moving off down the tunnel after the dragon and the invisible gnome.

A faint scraping can be heard, and a soft whisper, as he pulls out his blades and shifts them into their true form, Never mind that he has no idea what may be ahead, but if that dragon female is on their side, he has no intention of learning what prompted her to change to her real form and blow the carefully laid cover identity she had made. <I can't wait to hear her explaination,> he thinks, grinning to himself. He mentally goes through his spells, trying to think of something that might be useful if it comes to a fight. There is one that could quite literally cut an enemy down to size, but he is loath to use it, and in fact, hopes he won't need it.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188

User avatar
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:31 am

Postby T'risstree Helviiryn » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:35 am

The 3 drow and Talwyn had slowed their crazy run to a walk and stopped when Grofsnuttle asked them to.

T'risstree was a little relieved not to be racing ahead as there were many lurking dangers in the Underdark for the unwary to stumblke upon if you weren't being careful. The gnome told them to wait while she snuck ahead invisible.

T'risstre would have scouted but since the gnome had already gone the issue was moot.
They waited till the counted time went by then moved up as quietly as they could. Talwyn clinked and clattered as he moved but he couldn't help it. She winced slightly every time metal struck metal on his armour and weapons.

Maybe I should have cast Silence on him? she thought idly.

They moved over to where Grofsnuttle was "standing" and listened to her report.

"A Deep Dragon? Where did that come from?" she asked quietly all the while raking her memory, trying to remember what she could about these reclusive Dragons of the Underdark.

The little pseudo which had been with them the whole time sent out its telepathic message to all. T'risstree blinked and quickly came to the conclusion that the little beast was refering to Kalkyril. This is getting more and more twisted, like a web of a phase spider, half visible, half in another plane, she thought to herself. And why in the name of the goddess does Kalkyril feel anything for Zhay?

"This is getting weird," she muttered.

Her head then snapped around at Lothirs last comment.

"Dragons? Eh? what do you mean Dragons? You mean there is more than one?" she asked in a confused voice but Lothir had already moved off.

"I'll follow ahead in shadows just in case something removes their invisibility. If we're dealing with Dragons, they'll be able to smell us anyway so stealth or invisibility will count for little. Talwyn, Maryne, follow me after the count of ten at a walking pace," said T'risstree as she started to shroud herself in shadows and sneak down the tunnel after Lothir and Grofsnuttle.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Postby veraka » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:02 am

Zhay felt his captors continue on at a breakneck pace, the draeglolth that had him continuing to pull him along the rocky surface without a hesitant thought.

“Continue onward, you fools; we’re almost there,” the high priestess shouted at her group, spurring them onward.
The high priestess then heard a roar of seething rage from a distance behind them, she smiled manically; “our prey closes to us.”

The second roar, however unanticipated, was none-the-less accounted for, as the high priestess figured that this male warrior of the Dark Dancer had the eye of some priestess back in the city. Still he would lead their true target out in the open, one, who though had managed to defeat their initial ambush for him, he could not possibly defeat three of Lolth’s most sacred gifts given flesh and blood, one of such gifts drug Zhay across the floor as the group made their way into their camp.

The camp itself was at least 40 meters across, with 25 meters in length. Most of the buildings within the perimeter were tents, and other temporary structures; though there were a few buildings that were built into the stone of the caverns walls and stalagmites. Weapons racks lined the tents, and behind some of the tents and structures, drow fighters with hand and heavy crossbows stood ready for whatever might attack them.

Let him come, this aasimar that had helped in starting the fall of Lolth’s rule. Let him feel what vengeance is truly like. The high priestess smiled with gleeful malice, as she commanded her draeglolth to bring the young, tall drow warrior to her. Her hand went to her snake-headed whip. ((All yours, Arya.))
-------------------
Veraka, Aurora trailing, hounded the group until they made it to their base camp. The berserker roared out inside him, but Veraka remained silent, keeping his temper even, waiting for the perfect time to unleash his rage. He and Aurora had crept up to the Lolthites camp and were now perched on an overlook that ran directly into their camp, where Veraka spotted two more of those blasted demons.

That made the total number of enemies to fight just well under 40. Among their ranks were three draeglolths, each commanded by a priestess, one of which was the high priestess among the group. The rest were fighters with some mages mixed in with them.

“Three of those ugly bastards with their mistresses; this will be a challenge,” he said in a low tone, all ice in his voice.

What Veraka and Aurora failed to realize was a pair of crimson-glowing eyes staring down at both of them and the group, taking the whole scene into account from the shadows of the ceiling with its presence concealed within the shadows Hide in Plain Sight.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

User avatar
Pheurazath
Regular
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 4:35 am

Postby Pheurazath » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:03 pm

During her pass over the considerable encampment, for the two sentries waiting above the route of pursuit, the fast-flying dragon is a dark rush of movement, within the range of their darkvision, and passing well beyond hand crossbow range before there is even time to respond. All but her blind sense focused on the gathering below, Pheurazath ascends into the heights of the cavern, again executing wing-over, and afterward alighting to a stalactite perch. from where she conducts her final overview of the enemies.

Identifying the one who appears to be in charge, this high priestess, a favorite of kobolds is played upon her, as Pheurazath targets the ground under her feet as the center of the spell. [Sticky Floor]

(10x10 foot area of floor -- Creatures within or that move into the area are immediately stuck in place and entangled. Successful Reflex save is still entangled but can move from its spot. Successful DC 15 Strength or Escape Artist check to break free. Repeat each round for creatures still in the area, for the spell's duration (3 hours in this case), and the effect passes through footwear so removing boots won't help. However does not affect flying or burrowing creatures. No Spell Resistance)

Then, satisfied that that one shan't be making any sudden movements, she drops into a spiraling glide down and comes to a hover, a good 60 feet above ground, hissing venomously, "Hssss DROW! What is this commotion, that you waken me from my slumber, bring 'rivven' howling noisily through my territory, and spooking away a fine collection of rothe?! I should drop the ceiling on you all and be done with it, but offer you this ONE chance to parlay!" Every word, is directed mostly at the High Priestess, and more than a few literally drip rivulets of her acidic breath, harmless to inorganic things, but for any unfortunate few who might catch a drop upon their flesh, it proves quite effective.

She might be young for her kind, outnumbered too, but these Drow, she knows can ill-afford to be recovering from an attack when Veraka comes raging through, and blasts of Aurora's icy breath along with him. As much as Deep Dragons tend to work alliances with Lolthites, she is now, hoping as much as she is sure of herself, they might be willing to negotiate, and what a fine meal their captive would make.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)

User avatar
Arya Baenre
Resident
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:57 am
Contact:

Postby Arya Baenre » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:43 pm

As the dragon's spell hit the ground, the priestess shrieked in annoyance, the spell coming into full effect and holding her feet firmly.

The dragon's acid spit did happen to hit a few unlucky drow, who screamed as the substance began to eat away a tiny patch of skin.

"Tell me, dragon, what alliance do you intend to make with a band of drow after attacking them first?"

The priestess' narrowed eyes surveyed the dragon and, as she tilted her head slightly so as to remain unnoticed, the scene around her, noting that, while the crossbowmen were taken with the spell, most of the fighters were away from the effects of the spell.

The priestess was no fool, however, or so she believed.

"However, I may be able to overlook this discretion." Her haughty face stared up at the dragon. Even caught as she was, her pride was not diminished.

"I'll tell you what. If you can help me, you will receive three large herds of rothe. And special gold to add to your hoard." She was not about to pass up an option to ally with a dragon against her prey. It would undoubtedly give her the upper hand.

Her gaze flickered to the side, where a large, ugly figure stepped forward, inches away from the radius of the spell. And there, struggling in the draegloth's tight grasp, Zhay, whom the priestess had unwittingly decided to be part of her bargain.

"And, if it is done to my satisfaction," she gestured to the drow in her pet's hold, "if you have need of a different meal - rothe must grow so boring now and then - well, it is yours."

She jerked her head, and the draegloth stepped back into the shadows, squeezing harder to hopefully elicit a yell to call the aasimar the priestess hunted with a vengeance.

"We plan to draw our prey out with him." she nodded in the direction of the opening.

"Does our ... parlay ... satisfy you, dragon?"


---


"What in the hells was that? Did you see that Maryne?" she yelled as she slowed her pace down to walking.


"T'risstree! Be careful, and quiet. It was too large to be a lizard mount. I think you are right, though I hope what we have awoken will not notice us. Another fight is hardly something we need."

"Talwyn, Maryne, follow me after the count of ten at a walking pace," said T'risstree as she started to shroud herself in shadows and sneak down the tunnel after Lothir and Grofsnuttle.

Maryne frowned worriedly after T'risstree's back - where's that fool girl going off to like that, with dragons dragons! near! -, but set herself to counting ... at least to eight, where she promptly removed her back from the stone wall she had set it against and slowly made her way forward.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.


Your hair is pretty like a tree.

User avatar
Pheurazath
Regular
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 4:35 am

Postby Pheurazath » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:18 am

"Tell me, dragon, what alliance do you intend to make with a band of drow after attacking them first?"


To this an incredulous expression crosses Pheurazath's face. Attack?! She has not attacked anyone yet. Surely the priestess does not value anyone who is so weak as to die from a few minor acid burns. How briefly tempting it is then to show what she would consider an attack.

"I'll tell you what. If you can help me, you will receive three large herds of rothe. And special gold to add to your hoard." She was not about to pass up an option to ally with a dragon against her prey. It would undoubtedly give her the upper hand.


The incredulity turns to a look that at seems to ask how stupid the priestess takes her for. Indeed guessing the offered Rothe shall have delayed poisons upon them, and the coins arcanely marked so her hoard may be located and looted once she's dead of food poisoning.

Her gaze flickered to the side, where a large, ugly figure stepped forward, inches away from the radius of the spell. And there, struggling in the draegloth's tight grasp, Zhay, whom the priestess had unwittingly decided to be part of her bargain.


Now this, a fresh offering, one that was not coming to her from a cage, nor of its free will, brought forth a grin. Would this morsel be offered in trade?

"And, if it is done to my satisfaction," she gestured to the drow in her pet's hold, "if you have need of a different meal - rothe must grow so boring now and then - well, it is yours."


And there it is, the hoped for, desired, and planned on bargain, but of course, barter an ally of their enemy, to the belly of a dragon in hopes of forming an allegiance with her. But not all is to her satisfaction, and on that note, answers, "This offering of one of your kin, and not all skin and bones, how unique! I will accept this exchange, however, if this is to be the battle ground, I would prefer him alive and relatively unharmed in the fray. Release him to me, that I may secure him out of the fight, and out of harm's way. Then perhaps I shall assist. Or perhaps I shall free your feet, and not interfere further. Oh yes, and you have made one error in assuming your 'prey' is alone. As I overtook and past them, I observed at least two clerics, and a mage, perhaps even an archmage traveling with them. Assisted by a dragon or not, you shall need your full combat strength this day."

Those final words, carrying with them, unspoken threats, and unspoken promises of defeat, if any of their power were spent, and quite likely a good portion lost, in fighting with her.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Postby veraka » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:26 am

Seeing a deep dragon land in front of him, Zhay, through his blooded eyes and nearly being unconscious, didn't realize that it was Kalkyril in her dragon form. He looked up at the dragon, and his eyes just blurred as he stared at the dragon.

Feeling the draeglolth put the squeeze on him, Zhay felt pain like non other in his life; he let out a cry of agony as the draeglolth's clawed fingers dug in and did their damage.

---------------------

The aasimar and winter wolf watched as Kalkyril, in her dragon form, descended to the high priestess and started to talk to her. Veraka wasn't sure what she had in mind, but he wasn't sure he liked it at the moment.

Veraka heard his young friend cry out and took all his willpower to suppress the urge to bolt out there and throttle the priestess.
Calm yourself, Veraka; rushing out to kill her will only get Zhay killed, Aurora counseled the pissed off aasimar.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

User avatar
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1480
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: Western Australia
Contact:

Postby Talwyn Aureliano » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:39 am

Sneaking ahead as fast as she could without making noise, Grofsnuttle eventually could hear in front of her the sounds of conversation. Still invisible, she concetrated and transformed into a small cave beetle, no bigger than a persons thumb. Opening her tiny wings, she flew slowly forward, hugging the line of the wall.

Rounding a corner, she came out into a larger cavern and could see Veraka and Aurora taking cover behind some rock outcropping. Further in the cavern, she saw the outline of the Deep Dragon and the drow encampment. Beyond the Deep Dragon was a number of Drow and 3 Draegloths, one of which held Zhay in its mighty gripping claws.

Not good she thought as she carefully assessed the situation.

Flying barely above the ground, she speed over to where Veraka was lurking with his familiar. She dropped her Invisibility.

"Pssst...Lord Veraka...its me..Grofsnuttle" came the tiniest voice from a beetle with inlaid silver wings that had landed on the paladins shoulder. "Please don't say anything or else they might hear us. They others should be along in a minute. I'm going to fly ahead around their flank and when I'm ready, I'll make a diversion and grab Zhay away from the Draegloth. You and the rest can then hit the Drow with everything you've got. If you like that idea, just nod." The tiny cave Beetle waited to see if Veraka would agree to her plan.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile Talwyn was bringing up the rear behind Maryne, moving as quietly as he could. He had covered his Holy Symbol and was only using the low soft blue glow from his sword to see by. He was relying on his Drow companions to let him know when they were close to their enemy.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Image

User avatar
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Postby Aylstra Illianniis » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:13 am

The invisible bard paused long enough to pull two coins out of his pouch, and whisper over them for a moment. Then he waited until Talwyn came up close, and stepped over to him, placing one coin in his free hand. "Stick this in your armor somewhere you can hear it clearly- I've spelled it to talk through, so we can coordinate our attack. I'll take the left flank, and you can send the ladies in from the other side. I'll meet you at the big ugly brute with Veraka's lad there." He whispered, placing the other coin in a small pocket of his cloak.

Then he began to circle around the camp, watching the dragon conversing with the high priestess carefully. <I don't trust her,> he thought. <What is she UP to?> He grimaced, spinning his sabers in an quick flip anxiously as he silently slipped around to the side of the camp,staying clear of the sticky floor, ready to position himself near one small group of fighters.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188


Return to “Roleplaying”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests