Founding a Facade

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

[OOC: ARYA!! WOO HOO! -gives her a big hug- nice to see you ;) and now back to the funny pages :p ]

"Sut'rinos, nindol ghil zhah abbil usst lu'l'che'el. Xal nind sultha?" said Veraka in quite good Drow as he called up to his commander.

A helmed figure glanced down from the gatehouse at the trio of people and one large winter wolf.

"Zhah nindel dos Veraka? Ssiggrin Usstan gumash gow folbol myar!" the guard captain sniggered at his own joke. "Tenu, we'll pahntar l'videnn whol dos jhal dos morfeth zhaunus dosst lince'sa zhah tied phor. PAHNTAR L'VIDENNEN!" called out in a gruff loud voice.

"Charming fellow," mumbled Grofsnuttlke as they waited for the heavy wrought iron gates swing open. Standing in the gate way were 5 sentries, their hands resting lightly on their swords as they surveyed the group in front of them.

The guard captain came out of a side door in the gateway passage and strode up to Veraka.

"It's been a while since you were last here. State your names, business and intentions for your stay here," he said while all the time he was carefully watching the drow female. He seemed completely uninterested in Talwyn or Grofsnuttle.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Tempted to answer Veraka's request to assist, with a briskly planned snapping at him, followed up with a complete reversal and honeyed words of encouragement, finds she misses the chance entirely, and must hide a snarl as another drow, a true drow, drifts down into view, and despite the reality of what she is, an undeniably handsome drow, possibly worth further examination.

Should the 'student' catch her eyes staring, in such a predatory, lecherous, and intrigued way, the dragon's mimicry falls short in a respect only heat-sensing eyes would see, as her Drow face flushes with the heat of a blush, nearly undetectable on the visible light spectrum.

Then before she has returned from her contemplations, she is brought acutely back to the present, as a less interesting, but certainly more wary guard, probes her more than the others for intentions, again the well-practiced story, "Kalkyril of House Ilindl, Priestess of Lo...." the introduction breaks off,though seeming a clumsy accident in the act, it's rather a planned slip of the tongue, eyes averted then, fuming anger seemingly pushed down into a displeased scowl, "Kalkyril, former Priestess of Lolth, of a House that is no more, and fallen from favor. I managed to escape the slaughter, but know not who to accuse. A houseless rogue, does not survive long, when that survival is the hinge upon which total victory hinges. I come seeking sanctuary, I know not for how long."
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

[ OOC: *pouts* what no big hug for me? :'( *sniffs hautily then smiles with a hint of calculation* :devil: ]

Despite Rheldorans magic and his careful design, T'risstree could not but not notice the vexated slap on the table as the Drow priestess interogated the older drow male. She couldn't hear what was being said but she was reasonably adept at reading lips.

She looked over the frowning priestess and saw she was a follower of the Dark Dancer.

I wonder which male that woman is searching for...and why? she thought to herself. Time to do some sleuthing she concluded with an inward sigh.

She cast a glance up at the blackboard menu and saw that Rheldoran was doing a sticky date pudding with vanilla custard for desert today. She loved that!

Pushing aside her desires for sweets and delightful things she stood up, beckoned to one of the goblin waiters who scurried up to her obidiently.

"Yeth mithtreth?" it lipsed fawningly through its crocked yellow fangs.

"Get me a bottle of Sembian brandy from the celler," she said while dropping a few tiny precious gems into the goblins paw as payment for the meal and the brandy. It nodded and scampered off hastily.

T'risstree dabbed her lips with the linen napkin on the table then walked over to where Maryne was seated.

"Vendui sister. Would you care to join me in a glass of fine human Sembian brandy? I've only been here a few months and for most of that time, I've been buried in the temple archieves doing a census. It'd be nice to meet someone new and talk. My name is T'risstree," she said with an easy smile.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Hearing the old captain's joke, Veraka couldn't help but laugh. As his commander came out and posed his question to them all, Kalkyril beat the aasimar to the punch.

Right before Kalkyril introduced herself, Zhay caught wind of her eyes staring him down from where she was. He wasn't sure what to make of it at first, but, then, with his infravision, caught a slight growing heat emanating from her cheeks; he definitely understood the meaning then.

While the drowess was introducing herself and her intentions and business for her trip here, Veraka felt a sudden and very sharp pain hit his chest.
A slight "Uhhph" came from his lips. The aasimar turned to see the source of his disturbance was a sharp elbow that Zhay had delivered to him.

"Vel'bol zhahus nindel whol?" Veraka asked Zhay in his native tongue.

"Vel'uss zhah nindel jalil vel'ussa dos helothannin xuil?" his former student retorted.

"Ulu l'Thal Uoi'notan ka Usstan zhaun; Usstan bumped wund ilta rena doerin ulu Lith My'athar, ele?" Veraka responded, not missing a beat.

"Al, il zhahus lorith a uns'aa, xuil natha lor nindel zhahus, al, naut l'jank nindel natha jalil orn'la belbau," Zhay replied, his dark-charcoal cheeks giving a slight color change, but very small at that.

Veraka stared at his former pupil, a wry smile on his face; "lu'vel'bol zhah xusst xuil nindel?"
Zhay just stared at his former teacher and friend; he couldn't believe what he was hearing, a paladin, and an aasimar, said that there was nothing wrong with a woman liking him.

Reverting back to his normal tongue, Veraka spoke to Zhay, "well, I don't know about everything else, but, Zhay I believe that I asked for your assistance for this little assignment of mine?" The young, well-muscled drow merely nodded his head and took a spot up next to Aurora, stroking her fur to help relieve his anxiety.

Veraka noticed how his old friend and commander, the guard captain was ignoring the Knight-Captain and his gnome friend. The aasimar strode up to his old commander; when Kalkyril was finished, he spoke up, "well, commander; you already know WHO I am and Aurora; but the business part. Here to check up on the temple and the old House, see if everything's still in good order, and came down to see an old friend in the Bazaar."

Then, switching to drow, "lu', sut'rinos; ele xun dos tal'skala l'd'nilok, Talwyn, lu'ukt abbil, Grofsnuttle?"

((and now I need a cookie))
Last edited by veraka on Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((and upon Tal's insistence. . .)
The guard captain gave a Kalkyril a through look-over before asking, "former priestess of Lolth, whom with you've lost favor with, and are the sole survivor of your house's destruction. An common enough occurrence here in the Underdark," he paused, considering his next words; "though, if it's sanctuary you seek, then you may enter, though, do try to avoid the Lolthians if you can in the city; we've had enough trouble with them as it is.

Looking to his former recruit, the captain spoke, "Dos zhaun nindel Usstan inbal ulu tlu kyone d'lodias vel'uss Usstan usbyr xun naut zhaun xor inbaln't keffal p'los."

This brought an expression of sadness and anger across the aasimar's face; biting his lip, Veraka forced his anger down and remembered to use his wit and logic; anger is useful, but only when it can be shaped and used in that manner.
"Then why don't you ask him yourself, rather than assume out of blissful ignorance or racial supremacy?" he asked in a stern, but calm tone.

This brought an expression of hate out of the captain; but he resigned himself to use his recruits method.
"You're stubborn at the best of times, Veraka."

The aasimar shrugged, "that's what happens when you're a champion of the Dragon Father, you learn from his temperament."

The captain rolled his eyes and turned to Talwyn and Grofsnuttle; "alright, where be you two from and what is your business in Lith My'athar?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

{{Hi, Tal! *hugs* =D And thank you! *hugs T'riss* According to the internet, it's National Hug Day! Hug away! =D}}

Maryne's face lost expression as she noticed the drow nearing her, unaware that her little fit before was already noticed. Attempting her own easy smile, which was not as calm as it should have been, she stood and motioned for T'risstree to lead the way. "Why, you must have read my mind, sister." One quick look-over told her the woman followed Eilistraee as well - there was no need to be cautious with this one. If there was one thing she had learnt, it was this strange ... trust ... Eilistraeean sisters had towards each other.

She nodded at the old drow - hoping that the momentary flash in her eyes would scare him enough to get the search done quickly - and sighed when there was no reaction, remembering his eyesight.

Turning to T'risstree, she smiled again, much more composed now. "I was just going to order one myself. I've heard the Sembian brandy here is excellent." Maybe she hadn't, but she was sure that brandy was exactly what she needed right now. "A few months, hmmm? Well, that most certainly isn't any way to spend your time in a new city. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable of its way could help?" As they reached the table, she pulled out a chair for T'risstree before taking her own. "But I've lost my manners. Maryne." She rose both hands in the common Underdark greeting, and then held out her hand. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance, dalninil."
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

[OOC: hugs all round eh? ;) ]

[i:ef90uyot]The captain rolled his eyes and turned to Talwyn and Grofsnuttle; "alright, where be you two from and what is your business in Lith My'athar?" [/i:ef90uyot]

"My name is Knight Captain Talwyn Aureliano, paladin of Torm the True god and member of the order of the Golden Lions. My companion is Grofsnuttle Haynesia, a mage from Waterdeep and we are here completely by accident." Grofsnuttle had the decentcy to look a mite chargined at that final sentance. Talwyn continued.
"We were traveling to Neverwinter when we were ambushed by a horde of Orogs and although I believe we may have defeated them, Miss Grofsnuttle decieded to activate her Portal device. However, instead the portal openning on the surface, it choose to open down here. We would ask to be given shelter within these walls and to perhaps speak with some of your people who may know a route back to the surface. I also am an ambassador on behave of the Temple of Torm to the Eilistraeen Temple in Skullport. Here are my credentials," he said while handing over a leather wallet which contained letters and seals which verified his claims.

The captain took the wallet and scanned the documents carefully, his eyes widening slightly when he saw a seal representing the Temple in Skullport.

"Dos xal sultha," he said waving all in and handing the wallet back to Talwyn with a polite nod.

"My thanks Captain," replied Talwyn as he tucked the wallet back into his pack. "Lead on Lord Veraka, as you've been here before so you'll know where we can find lodgings and an apothocary shop," said Talwyn as the entered the gates and walked into the city.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

"Lu'ol zhah natha lilbh'iahin ulu zhaun dos ulu dalninil," replied T'risstree as she took Maryne's hand with a gentle touch and a geniune smile to as they sat at the new table while the goblin came back from the cellars. He carried a small glass bottle containing a dark rich amber colored fluid. He set the bottle on the table and dashed off to get two small brandy ballons. With a little nervous bow, he left the two Drow women alone.

"Ahh Sembian brandy...liquid sunshine in a bottle I think. You will enjoy this if you have not tried it beofre. I got a taste for it while I was on the surface and thankfully Rheldoran keeps a stock in his cellars. Where he gets some of his goods is a happy mystery but I'm grateful that I can come here and enjoy his fine cuisine and drinks at any time of the day," said T'risstree with a half smile as she eased the cork out with a happy little pop. She poured a generous meassure in both glasses and sat back, raising the glass to her face, swirling the delicate liquid and inhaling the strong scent of the liquor.

"Kyorl Jal Bauth, Kyone, Lu'L'Quar'valsharess Xal Belbau Dos L'Belbol D'Elendarus Dro," she toasted Maryne and took a sip of the firey sweet liquor.

"Funny isn't it? That old saying. Many times I heard it back in my home city and it was always parroted by those brainless sex mad Spiderkissers yet it still has meaning for us in the service of Eilistraee don't you think dalninil?" she asked casually as she relaxed in her chair as she subtly was studying the woman before her.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Chuckling softly to herself, Kalkyril muses about the notion of how silly it all seems to her, how the Lolthian Drow (the authentic ones), might batter themselves, their spells, and weapons against these walls, to gain entry, when it could be as simple as covertly sending an occasional 'refugee' or survivor of a destroyed house, to beg for sanctuary in, and over time, amass a force within the walls of the city, seemingly harmless, until the time comes for a coordinated strike.

The little private joke rolls through her mind until her companions are moving along into the city, and she is following, eyes keeping a cautious eye on Grofsnuttle, but more often than not, eyes flit back to Zhay, not quite staring at him quite as intensely as before, but the continuing interest is hard to miss.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka nodded at Talwyn when the Knight-Captain made his suggestion; he started out, but quickly stopped and looked at the captain. "With your permission, commander, I'd like to take Zhay with me into the city."

The captain looked at Zhay, who seemed eager to catch up with his old mentor, and then back to Veraka, "he may take a leave of absence from duty for the duration of your visit."

"Much appreciated, commander." With that, Veraka waved the group through the gates, across a bridge which was located along the eastern side of the cavers, and leading them on to an expanse of buildings that made up the bazaar. A motley association of structures, the bazaar was still pretty much the same way that it was when he came here his first time.

"Well, at the very least, with the Dark Maiden's followers in control, or at least a major power within the city, this place isn't so decrepit as it first was when I first came here," he said behind shoulder to Talwyn, Kalkyril, and the others.

To the groups left, was an older inn; "any of you are welcome to stay in there, but I figure that a House under the Dark Maiden would be much more appropriate, eh?" the aasimar asked to no one in particular. Within the dead center of the cavern were the old schools of the Lolthians: the Sorcere, Melee-Magthere and Arach-Tilinith. Veraka's face shifted to one of disgust upon seeing those structures.

"Knight-Captain, if your looking for anything unique and particular, I think I know just the place, depending on what your looking for, be it common or uncommon." They passed on of the better inns of the city; Veraka remarked about the place "again, not a reputable room and board, but the meals of this place are something else."

Zhay strode along the aasimar's left side, looking almost like a twin brother to massive warrior; if not for his charcoal-dark skin, he might have been. He still noticed the fact that Kalkryil still had her eyes on him, occasionally.

"Ele 'udtila il ser lorith ussta i'dol?" he whispered to Veraka; the aasimar laughed.

"waelin uss, inbal dos loril wun natha sirn 'zil d'gajen?" Veraka asked the young drow.

Reverting back to common ((or under-common, which ever we're using)), "yes, but I don't see anything of significance," he mumbled, with Veraka chuckling at the response.

"Do I need to spell it out for you, Zhay?" The look on the young drow's face gave Veraka his answer; putting his face in his palm, he sighed and looked at his former student.

"You're only a few inches shorter than me, which is exceptionally rare for a drow, especially a male; you've got the muscle mass of a barbarian from the surface, and you're barely on the cusp of your adolescent years. Plus the training on how to use your size and strength to your advantage to boot," Veraka finished his blatant answer to young drow's curiosity.

Zhay went slack jaw from his friend's deadpan response; again the aasimar chuckled, and leaned in near him, "plus, you were raised among the followers of the Dark Maiden, so you've still got that mental attitude that makes you different from the typical stereotype that's associated with most drow."
Zhay nodded, remembering his earlier years.

Veraka, seeing his friend contemplate his response, turned to his companions. "And that, ladies and gentlemen, is House Helvighym, the house devoted to the Dark Maiden and where I stayed during my first visit to the city." The aasimar pointed to the structure with an armored hand.

Along the caverns southwest wall, was House Helvighym, the house for the followers of the Dark Maiden, or at least it was when Veraka was here years earlier.
"Now don't qoute me on this, but last time I was here, this structure was abandoned due to extenuating circumstances, which I won't go into detail about. That being said, I don't know if the place is occupied or not." He stretched out, readying his legs for whatever destination they decided upon.
"So, what place you all feel like stopping by first; I've got all day, and quite frankly, am in no hurry."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

[i:tlbhunpz]"So, what place you all feel like stopping by first; I've got all day, and quite frankly, am in no hurry." [/i:tlbhunpz]

"A high quality establishment that has a bath house is for-most on my list of requirements," injected Grofsnuttle before anyone else had time to say a word. Drawing herself up to her full 3' in height she continued in a wounded tone.

"My hair has been set on fire, my robes smell of fried Orog and I am dying to scrub the stench away so if you please my dearest darling mightly Lord Veraka, please take us to the best Inn that city has to offer...well best as in safest too as I don't want to have to incinerate some idiot drow cut purse low life scum bag assassin that is follish enough to think I'm an easy mark," she said sweetly while taking Veraka hand and batting her eyelashes at him.

Talwyn rolled his eyes and shock his head with a rueful grin.

"I'd do as she asks Lord Veraka and have no fear as I have plenty of funds to cover our expenses. It would my honour to pay for your lodgings too since you have been an example of courtsey and chivalry. Something I had not expected as we are in the Underdark after all." He turned to Zhan, "You have a fine teacher here young sir," he added approvingly.

"Milady Kalkryil, I would suggest that perhaps you might be best accompanying us for the moment until you have decided if this is the place you wish to stay at...and if they will have to you remain," he added with a faint, slightly mocking smile.

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: Would it be okay to join? I'll delete this post if not. Hi Tal, and Triss. Hugs to all!
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

OOC: Lothir, just jump on in, the more the merrier, and besides, we need a bard, I think , or is that Talwyn :p ;) ; in any case, come on in.

IC:
Veraka looked down to Groffsnuttle, and smiled gingerly at the gnome, though Zhay was completely taken aback by his mentor's actions.
"Of course, milady; I think I know just the place," he replied as he managed to wrench his hand free and point to an area a little Northwest of the Bazaar; "I believe that in this area, we'll find an establishment suitable to your needs."

[i:1uh0jc9u]I just hope that our female, Kalkyril, doesn't mind this little diversion,[/i:1uh0jc9u] Aurora said to him via their telepathic link.

[i:1uh0jc9u]Well, if not, I 'm gonna swing by House Helvighym anyways.[/i:1uh0jc9u] He replied to the great winter wolf.

"Although I believe that this inn that I'm speaking of will suit your needs, Lady Grofsnuttle," he looked to the gnome and then to Talwyn, then to Kalkyril; "I do intend to visit House Helvighym later on; again, if any of you wish to accompany me, I'll be happy to show you the house."
Turning to the Knigh-Captain Talwyn, he remarked, "I try to do what is possible for the betterment of all around me. Though normally, I would humbly decline your offer, Captain Talwyn, it appears that my coin purse decided to grow legs and run off to God's know where, I'll gladly accept your offer. You have my thanks."

Zhay seemed to take pride in the compliment from the Knight-Captain about Veraka being his mentor and teacher in the arts of martial prowess.
"Thank you, Knight-Captain; Veraka is the closest person I consider a friend; he taught me all my current knowledge of weaponry and martial fighting. He also made sure that I had some of the best kit to go with it when he was instructing me back in my earlier years," he tapped his Darksteel-adamantine half-plate armor, and the magical greatsword sheathed on his back.

"An adapt learner and probably one of the best students I've ever taught; quick learner, and an fine young warrior in his own right," the aasimar replied, giving a smile and a nod to Zhay.

Veraka then proceeded to guide the group through the twists and turns, small corridors and long alleyways to get to the inn that he'd specified. A sign on the outside read [b:1uh0jc9u]The Dancer's Heart[/b:1uh0jc9u].
"Well, Lady Grofsnuttle, this be your inn; a fine establishment in it's own right, and on run by the Dark Dancers themselves, I might add. I hope this suits your needs."
He opened up the door, gesturing for the group to head in, "Shall we?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: Thanks! Of course- everyone needs a bard!! :p

IC: Lost in the Underdark. Again. How many tunnels and caverns had he muddled through on his search for the small city of Eilistraeean drow he had heard tell of? The young bard has lost count. All he knows is that it was supposed to be in this region, and that it has recently been the site of a great battle with one of the Lords of the Nine. He has come to see what he might do to help restore the settlement, and to serve the Lady in whatever way he can.

"Gods how I hate the underdark," he mutters, as he suddenly turns a corner of the tunnel and finds himself in a large, well-traveled passage. A faint light ahead tells him that he is not alone. Bending down quickly, he slips his blades from his boots and whsipers the commands to enlarge them to saber form.

"Dark Maiden, grant me your protection if there is danger," he whispers, and moves silently toward the opening he sees far ahead. It comes out at what appears to be some sort of outpost, with guards barring the way. Drow guards. In full armor. "Please, let this not be some foul Lolthite outpost..." he mutters to himself, before he swallows back his anxiety and steps forth to meet them.

"Vendui, soldiers. Mayhap you could tell me where I am? I seem to have gotten turned around in those damned tunnels," he says, with a rueful shrug.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((Since Tal insisted that I play the guard captain. . . ))

Barely getting over his jest with his old recruit, Veraka, the guard captain silently went back to his routine duties, a small smile on his face. He was about to resume his way up to the tower within the post, when he and a few of his men heard a masculine voice call out behind him.

The guard captain turned to see a male drow, with his weapons drawn, advancing on them; " naut 'sohna" he mutters to himself, planting his face in his palm.

The captain was about to signal his men to move in on the unknown drow male when he spoke; "[i:2hoxripr]Vendui, soldiers. Mayhap you could tell me where I am? I seem to have gotten turned around in those damned tunnels.[/i:2hoxripr]

The captain let out a small sigh of relief when the drow spoke his question; he hated it when other's would simply attack him and his men outright. Signaling his men to hold, he stepped out to meet the young male, his men ready to back him up, however.
"Vendui, lad. You're initial assessment of those tunnels be correct;" he said pointing at the caverns that the drow had come from.

"This here be the entrance, well one of a few, to Lith My'athar; why do you ask?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix