Founding a Facade

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

[OOC: I'm going to assume Lothir is going to come along as Aylstra won't be able to post till tomorrow]

He listened as the telepathic flash came in from the pseudodragon.

~[i:3p5z7dpw]We all have to endure our masters and mistresess. Duty and service are what define us but it is upto you if you wish to continue serving a mistress who treats her servants poorly[/i:3p5z7dpw]~ he thought not knowing if the little creature would hear him.

He looked back to the direction that the two Drow women had gone.

"They went that way eh? Alright...off we go," said Talwyn as he broke into a light jogging run. His armour jingled and clinked as he pounded along the street. Grofsnuttle scurried along effortlessly just behind him, pulling up the hem of her gown as she ran.

A few minutes later they found Maryne and T'risstree standing together talking.

Talwyn slowed down and resumed a normal walking pace.

"Remember milady, lets be nice to Maryne. She's T'risstree friend and we should try to increase the number of allies down here rather than set any potentials offside."

Grofsnuttle nodded and sighed.

[b:3p5z7dpw][color=cyan:3p5z7dpw]"I know, I know. It is just difficult sometimes for me to think about the sensibilities of others. You'd think that someone of my age would know better but old habits and all that...I'll be good...you'll see,"[/color:3p5z7dpw][/b:3p5z7dpw] she promised with a merry twinkle in her eyes as they walked up to where T'risstree and Maryne were standing. She walked up and smiled appologetically to Maryne.

[color=cyan:3p5z7dpw][b:3p5z7dpw]"Priestess Maryne, please forgive this ignorant creature that has offened a servant of the Dark Dancer. I honestly thought you and the affable bard were one of the staff of the Inn. Please, take this small offering as a way of making amends between us," [/b:3p5z7dpw][/color:3p5z7dpw]she said softly while producing a tiny silver charm pin from out of thin air in the shape of a Harp and offering it to Maryne.

The charm-pin glinted and sparkled brightly in the glow of the Faerie Fire lights of the city and Maryne could sense that it was something out of the ordinary.

[img:3p5z7dpw]http://www.harpcenter.com/Merchant2/gra ... anPinL.jpg[/img:3p5z7dpw]
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

[color=indigo:sag7qw3h]"I left the house early Maryne as it suddenly reminded me of all that I once had back in my home city...all that I have lost and is gone forever. I don't understand it...lately I've been experiencing quite strong mood swings, more than the usual and being inside House Helvighym almost broke me down.But I'm alright now," she smiled a girlish little secret grin at Maryne. [/color:sag7qw3h]

"Not all you have is lost, T'risstree." Maryne looked at the drow and smiled, hoping the wetness in her eyes would vanish in a moment. "You still have everything here. Everything that matters is with you now."

She took on a less serious tone suddenly, "Mood swings stopped you from going into House Helvighym?" Maryne gave a mock sigh, placing her hands on her hips and huffing, blowing a strand of her hair from her face, "And after all the trouble I went to get you there. They must be bad." Eyeing T'risstree for a moment with a thoughtful look on her face, Maryne chuckled as T'riss spoke again [color=indigo:sag7qw3h]
"I'm feeling better now and more capable of controling myself I think. Whatever the trouble is, we will face it togther as friends in the service of Eilistraee." [/color:sag7qw3h]

"We will together, dalninil." Maryne smiled at T'risstree, gripping her hands tightly as well, "Although I am not entirely certain Eilistraee has a cure for mood swings ..." she tilted her head, "if they are the only obstacle you came across."

Maryne turned to see Talwyn with the other drow and gnome, strolling in their direction, her breath hitching slightly when the gnome [color=indigo:sag7qw3h]walked up and smiled appologetically to Maryne. [/color:sag7qw3h]

Opening her mouth to say that she was sorry, Maryne was surprised by the gnome who spoke first, not only apologizing, but [color=indigo:sag7qw3h]producing a tiny silver charm pin from out of thin air in the shape of a Harp and offering it to Maryne.[/color:sag7qw3h]

She stuttered and took the harp, placing it back in the gnome's hands and kneeling so that they were face-to-face.

"Forgive [i:sag7qw3h]me[/i:sag7qw3h], but I cannot accept this gift, as it was I, and not you who was wrong. There was no way for you to have known. And I always did have trouble with my temper." Maryne grinned a little, "I hope [i:sag7qw3h]you[/i:sag7qw3h] will forgive me, Lady ... " she bit her lip, realising that she did not know the gnome's name.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

[color=indigo:1cep8icf]"Forgive me, but I cannot accept this gift, as it was I, and not you who was wrong. There was no way for you to have known. And I always did have trouble with my temper." Maryne grinned a little, "I hope you will forgive me, Lady ... " she bit her lip, realising that she did not know the gnome's name. [/color:1cep8icf]

[b:1cep8icf][color=cyan:1cep8icf]"...Grofsnuttle Haynesia is my name," [/color:1cep8icf][/b:1cep8icf] she replied to Maryne with a cherubic grin, her blue silver flecked eyes twinkling with meriment.

[color=cyan:1cep8icf][b:1cep8icf]"Please, don't refuse my little token Maryne as I will be most distressed if you do and we've just gotten over all that mess. Anyway isn't silver one of the things that Eilistraee cherishes? And of course, I know she loves music and is favourable to those that [u:1cep8icf]Harp[/u:1cep8icf]," [/b:1cep8icf] [/color:1cep8icf]she added nonchalantly. [b:1cep8icf][color=cyan:1cep8icf]"Besides, you never know, a little pin like that might be good luck for you," [/color:1cep8icf][/b:1cep8icf] concluded Grofsnuttle in a tone which indicated that everything she said was completely true.

She deftly afixed the tiny pin to Maryne's dress so that it would not be seen unless Maryne wanted it to be.

[color=cyan:1cep8icf][b:1cep8icf]"There, perfect. Now then, since we're all jolly good friends, shall we continue onwards and help out Lord Veraka from his current predicament?"[/b:1cep8icf][/color:1cep8icf] asked Grofsnuttle as she stood looking around at her taller companions.

"Of course milady," nodded Talwyn in defernce to her. "Direct us and we will follow." He moved to stand next to T'risstree who was looking at Grofsnuttle in a new light then back at Talwyn with a mixture of dawning realisation and wanting to ask many questions. He glanced at her and leaned down to whisper softly in her ear.

[i:1cep8icf]"Patience my love. You trust me?"[/i:1cep8icf] She nodded, still trying to mask her feelings. [i:1cep8icf]"Then have faith and all will become known soon enough."[/i:1cep8icf]
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

Seeing the sheen of wetness in Maryne's eyes almost melted T'risstree's heart in empathy for her new friend. She wanted to gather her up into her arms for a loving warm comforting embrace but she knew that would only make Maryne uncomfortable so she just held hands with her and smiled back.

[color=indigo:fxeyxhm0]"We will together, dalninil." Maryne smiled at T'risstree, gripping her hands tightly as well, "Although I am not entirely certain Eilistraee has a cure for mood swings ..." she tilted her head, "if they are the only obstacle you came across."

Maryne turned to see Talwyn with the other drow and gnome, strolling in their direction, her breath hitching slightly when the gnome walked up and smiled appologetically to Maryne. [/color:fxeyxhm0]

T'risstree followed Maryne gaze and watched at first in amusement then slow dawning amazement when she saw what Grofsnuttle was trying to give to Maryne, who at first refused the tiny Harp pin.

Her mouth started to open into a wide O as she tried to form questions but she quickly snapped her jaw shut and watched quietly as the gnome and Maryne talked and made peace with each other.

She looked pleadingly at Maryne, trying to will her to take the pin with her eyes. The gnome seemed to not to want to take no for an answer despite Maryne's protests and deftly pinned the tiny charm on her dress in a very subtle spot.

[i:fxeyxhm0]For the love of the goddess, don't refuse it Maryne[/i:fxeyxhm0] she signaled to her confused friend in the silent language, hoping that the girl would accept the rare gift that was being bestowed on her.

She turned to see Talwyn come over to her and looked at him. A Thousand questions raced to come out of her mouth but his look stopped her blurting anything out.

[color=blue:fxeyxhm0][i:fxeyxhm0]"Patience my love. You trust me?"[/i:fxeyxhm0] She nodded, still trying to mask her feelings. [i:fxeyxhm0]"Then have faith and all will become known soon enough."[/i:fxeyxhm0][/color:fxeyxhm0]

[i:fxeyxhm0]"I understand Talwyn or least I think I do and yes I trust you you silly male,[/i:fxeyxhm0]" she whispered back with an impish grin.

Still...this was quite unexpected and it wasn't something she'd have thought she would have ever come across. A thought passed into her mind.

Talwyn and Grofsnuttle are here for another reason...yes that must be it she mused as she watched the gnome take charge of their little group. There was something about Grofsnuttle that made her more commanding. Normally she'd try and lead although when on the surface, she would defer to Talwyn as he was stronger and more knowledgable up there, even if he was male. But still...she felt as though letting ther gnome take command was the right thing to do.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Still trying to lead, and well able to fly twice as fast as these light-footed Drow run, Charir finds himself doubling back and circling a lot, and growing frustrated and impatient. He has no idea what dangers await his Mistress, and worse, if she dies....

He dreads to think along those lines any longer, and finally broadcasting his racial telepathy to all in the party (those at least who can understand Common or Sylvan) his 'voice' comes across with panic, fear, and worry, urging and almost whining, [i:2ludzyvf][color=red:2ludzyvf]~Let us hurry and save the female-bonding session until AFTER the bad-guys are dead, and our friends are safe!~[/color:2ludzyvf][/i:2ludzyvf]

He hasn't properly explained it yet, and what Tal might not realize is the joining of becoming Kalkyril's (Pheurazath's) familiar is not something he can get out of on a whim, and worse, his life is bound to hers. Grofsnuttle, though annoying even him he hopes to himself appreciates and understands his concerns. He hopes... but honestly doubts the gnome has the capacity to care.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"Ah, apology accepted, fair gnomide," says the bard with a low bow to Grofsnuttle. "Though how you could possibly have mistaken ME for a servant, is beyond comprehension. I was not aware that tavern servants had taken to wearing the attire of Nobles. What IS the world coming to?" he says facetiously, with a smirk and chuckle.

"Now, if we are all finished with the pleasantries, can we PLEASE get GOING?! I'm fairly certain that Aurora's little frenzy denoted SOMETHING rather dire!" He lets out a loud huff, and takes off back toward House Helvighym post haste.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora howled out loud, attracting more than a little attention through the city, as she and Kalkyril followed Veraka's waning thermal trail that led out of the city. The great winter wolf flanks the drowess all the way as the two exit the city.

When Kalkyril changed to her dragon form, Aurora simply said [i:3gpn2glh]Now there's something I didn't think I'd live to see; irony brooding right under Veraka's nose.[/i:3gpn2glh]

As the two exit, she spots Veraka's distinct heat patterns giving them a clear trail to follow.
[i:3gpn2glh]Do not think that you will be the only one to give a most painful death to Zhay's captors; I assure you, Veraka has both the rage and ferocity to match, and he's swift on their trail. Believe me when I say that Zhay will live, and should the other course of the fate happen, then even the Gods themselves will tremble at Veraka's wrath,[/i:3gpn2glh] Aurora finished as the two raced after her aasimar friend in an effort to find Zhay, meaning every word of thought.
-------------
Veraka was a good distance ahead of the Kalkyril and Aurora, his legs pumping furiously, propelling him at break neck speed through the caverns of the Underdark, his eyes glowing furiously as the berserker rage propelled his body beyond its normal capacity for strength and stamina, it's energy and Veraka's rage that of a balor demon in ferocity and strength.
Zhay's somewhat random cries that he heard off in the waining distance only fueled berserker more, powering the aasimar to even faster speeds.

He continued through the caverns that led away from Lith My'athar, following the only aura that didn't glow black as the darkness around him; Zhay's aura was Veraka's only link to finding him, and the aasimar followed it relentlessly, even though it continued to pull farther away from him.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

[color=indigo:39hyixzc]"Please, don't refuse my little token Maryne as I will be most distressed if you do and we've just gotten over all that mess. Anyway isn't silver one of the things that Eilistraee cherishes? And of course, I know she loves music and is favourable to those that Harp," she added nonchalantly. "Besides, you never know, a little pin like that might be good luck for you," concluded Grofsnuttle in a tone which indicated that everything she said was completely true.[/color:39hyixzc]

Maryne's expression tightened momentarily at the slight emphasis Grofsnuttle put in her words, but it passed before it was really even noticeable. Her expression stayed smooth as the gnome [color=indigo:39hyixzc]deftly afixed the tiny pin to Maryne's dress so that it would not be seen unless Maryne wanted it to be[/color:39hyixzc], her fingers rising to brush the pin gently, though it was not clear whether to see it or to take it off.

She noticed T'risstree's subtle hand movements, sure of what they would read without needing to glance over.

[color=indigo:39hyixzc][i:39hyixzc]For the love of the goddess, don't refuse it Maryne[/i:39hyixzc] she signaled to her confused friend in the silent language, hoping that the girl would accept the rare gift that was being bestowed on her.[/color:39hyixzc]

She shifted the thin white fabric of her dress so that the harp was plainly visible and stood up, brushing a ringlet from her shoulder so that the harp showed prominently. "I shall wear it with pride, then, Lady Grofsnuttle." She inclined her head in the gnome's direction, then turned at the sound of the tiny dragon as it attempted to lead on, raising an eyebrow at the high whine, but made no other sign that she had heard the dragon.

"Hmmm. Perhaps it is time to move." Maryne returned to where she had been standing with T'risstree, moving slightly ahead and turning so that her hands were hidden from view, where she signed back to T'risstree, [i:39hyixzc]"I tried, and ..."[/i:39hyixzc] the movements slowed down, [i:39hyixzc]"thank you. I am glad you reminded me to remember my manners, dalninil. I fear I might have forgotten had you not."[/i:39hyixzc]

"Let's go." She made to follow in the direction the dragon had been leaning towards before it turned to complain.

Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Without the benefit of Charir beside her, Pheurazath is unable to hear the assurances of Aurora, but in their united mad dash through the Underdark, each chasing Veraka for mutual reasons, she did not need them. There was a simple understanding, one that was both of reasoning creatures, and feral, whether for kinship or the unrealized mated pairing of Drow and Dragon, these two are kindred spirits in a hunt for safe friends, and perhaps more than a few pints of Lolthite Drow blood.

However, as the speed and distance between them and Veraka intensifies, as the waning heat signature indicates, she grows impatient with merely running, and lunges aside toward Aurora, growling a hasty command, "Hold on and don't struggle!" Not hesitating a second, she unfurls wings, and in the next bound, pushes off, wrapping forepaws, hand-like in their grasp, firmly, but carefully gentle, around Aurora, and in a singular heave, the wolf nearly topping the limit of Pheurazath's in-flight carrying capacity, leaves the cavern floor behind, and now presses on at her regular flight-speed (150 ft./round w/ poor maneuverability )
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile back in Lith My'athar, Charir continues his impatient circles, waiting for everyone else, to heed Maryne's suggestion to hurry along adding,[color=red:l53puggo] [i:l53puggo]~As it is we'll be hard-pressed to catch up with all this dallying.~[/i:l53puggo][/color:l53puggo]
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora continued onward until she felt sort of weightless sensation overtook her; realizing that a transformed Kallkyril had lifted her off the ground, she had actually heard her, but that was lost among her thoughts of finding Veraka and Zhay.

Aurora glimpsed at the speed at which Kalkyril soared through the caverns easily trumped Veraka's already impressive ground speed.

[i:1qlzsi04]You're gaining on him, but I don't know if he's going to continue on this path, or not,[/i:1qlzsi04] the wolf said to Kalkyril.
-----------
Veraka continued to hound the trail of Zhay's kidnappers, pushing his body to its limits and beyond. Seeing Zhay's aura suddenly move off sharply to the left, the berserker-fueled Veraka hung a left himself and started to climb up a steppe-like rocks that led up a ledge, which then led off to a tunnel parallel to Zhay's current path.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Frustrated, the bard pauses in the street, and sees, far away, the female named Kalkyril suddenly transform into a small dragon- deep dragon, form the looks of it. <Interesting. Not a breed I'd have expected, though it makes sense...> he thinks briefly, as he looks around for a faster mode of transport. He spots a drow getting down from a riding lizard nearby, and runs over, leaping onto its back and grabbing the rains in one swift move.

"Don't worry, abbil, I'll bring him back shortly!" he yells back as he spurs it into a fast run, taking off after the dragon flying off into the tunnels.

OOC: Sheesh, this is why I hate always being on foot- it's too slow!
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Grofsnuttle was about to say something further but Lothir had raced off ahead. She sighed and frowned shaking her head..

[color=cyan:34viqaak][b:34viqaak]"Bloody impatient Drow,"[/b:34viqaak][/color:34viqaak] she muttered rolling her eyes.

[color=cyan:34viqaak][b:34viqaak]"Alright, everone else, stand still...we're going for a run. Talwyn, grab the bard as we go by would you my lad?"[/b:34viqaak] [/color:34viqaak]she said in a commanding tone.

He nodded and knew what was coming next as he secured any loose items on his armour and person.

"Get ready ladies, this is going to be a lot fun!" He grinned like a schoolboy at T'risstree and Maryne. T'risstree smiled at him while shaking her head, his antics and infectious cheeky smirk being adorable and exasperating at the same time.

Grofsnuttle stood still with concentration masked across her face. She waved her arms suddenly and chanted a few short phrases ina language which was unfamiliar to everyone.

[b:34viqaak][IMPROVED HASTE][/b:34viqaak]

[color=cyan:34viqaak][b:34viqaak]"Right, follow ME!" [/b:34viqaak] [/color:34viqaak]she squeaked sounding like a Chipmunk on speed as she bolted off in a frenzied silvery blur of motion.

Not waiting to see if T'risstree or Maryne where following them, Talwyn sprinted off at an incredible pace down through the streets of Lith My'athar in the wake of Grofsnuttle. Some drow pedestrians managed to fling themselves out of the way of the oncoming gnomic silver comet that was barreling through their city but few weren't so lucky and were flung aside shoutiing and swearing at the rapidly vanishing figure of the gnome in a silver gown.

She speed past the running Lothir as though he was barely moving. Lothir was completely shocked by the unexpected whoosh of a speeding gnome that flew right by him. He opened his mouth and was about to say something but was rudely cut short when he was grabbed from behind unceremoniously and flung over Talwyn's shoulder like a child. The paladin didn't even break stride in his recovery of the stunned bard and pounded along at a phenomal rate. Lothir bounced along uncomfortably, cursing and shouting at Talwyn as the strange pair raced along after the speeding gnome who had now shot through the city gates chasing after the trail of Kalkyril. They all headed out into the wider chasm in which the city was located and turned down the tunnel in which Zhay, Veraka and Kalkyril had gone done.

[OOC: sorry Aylstra for manhandling Lothir like that but he did run off before we had a chance to include him in the Haste spell, so the next best thing is to just grab him and keep going ;) You can yell at Talwyn later :p ]

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

Inwardly relieved, T'risstree gave a brief half smile to Maryne for accepting the Harp charm pin.

[i:10dbajn1]I wonder if Maryne really knows what that pin actually represents?[/i:10dbajn1] she mused to herself. She'll inquire later when they had less pressing matters to deal with.

[color=blue:10dbajn1]"Get ready ladies, this is going to be a lot fun!" Talwyn grinned like a schoolboy at T'risstree and Maryne. T'risstree smiled at him while shaking her head, his antics and infectious cheeky smirk being adorable and exasperating at the same time. [/color:10dbajn1]

Quar'valsharess he can be such a boy she thought with a warm sense of affection as turned away from her grinning lover to she watch Grofsnuttle begin her spell.

Moments later she felt as though she was fizzing with untapped energy, like a coiled spring ready to release and fly.

[color=cyan:10dbajn1][b:10dbajn1]"Right, follow ME!" Grofsnuttle squeaked sounding like a Chipmunk on speed as she bolted off in a frenzied silvery blur of motion. [/b:10dbajn1][/color:10dbajn1]

T'risstree blinked for a second as the gnome raced off only to be followed by Talwyn who didn't appear to bother to wait for her and Maryne.

Growling low with more female frustration at males in general for not being curteous she turned and in a rush babbled at Maryne.

"Come on dalninil!We can't let them beat us!" she cried out grabbing Maryne's hand and pulling her along as they both sprinted away after Talwyn and Grofsnuttle. The drow women flew along in the wake of the paladin and gnome and T'risstree had to bite down on her lip as she watched Talwyn haul up the gawping Lothir like a sack of potatos as he breezed by the jogging bard.

[i:10dbajn1]Silly Lothir, serves him right for running off in such a hurry [/i:10dbajn1]she thought with a giggle as she slowly caught up with the racing paladin and bard. Lothir cursed and swore at Talwyn, his words coming out in stutters and jolts as he bounced and wriggled on the paladins shoulder.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

[color=indigo:122g8mql]"Come on dalninil!We can't let them beat us!" she cried out grabbing Maryne's hand and pulling her along as they both sprinted away after Talwyn and Grofsnuttle. The drow women flew along in the wake of the paladin and gnome and T'risstree had to bite down on her lip as she watched Talwyn haul up the gawping Lothir like a sack of potatos as he breezed by the jogging bard. [/color:122g8mql]

Maryne followed T'risstree, both of them catching up with Talwyn and Grofsnuttle soon enough. In her infrared vision she saw only darkness on the floors from where a strange giant heat spot faded suddenly, but she trusted Talwyn and Grofsnuttle to lead the right way.

She followed right on their heels as they led her past a chasm and through a tunnel, eager to find the others and be done with it and the dizzying run as they raced past stone and wall at a high speed.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka's eyes blazed infernal red as he continued his exhausting climb up the steppe formation of rocks. [Climb=roll14 +13 =27]
"Stupid demon bastards; draeglolth scum, I'll give them more than enough reasons to return to the Hells, and their forefathers," he growled to himself, promising to destroy each and every single one of the Lolthians.

The aasimar pushed himself up the final rock, climbing up and pulling himself up top; using his celestial granted vision, he tracked Zhay's aura that continued to pull away from him. The berserker raging aasimar roared outward, his mighty voice reverberating off of the walls in the caverns, and echoing back down the way he'd come.

-------------

Zhay, through his blood-filled eyes, looked up as a howl that he was all too familiar with, resounded through the caves that he was being drug through.

The high priestess stopped, as well as the rest of her troop. Even the Draeglolth gave pause to the rage-filled, wrath-fueled howl of psychotic anger. The demon wasn't sure what natural creature was capable of such a wail.
"You have no idea what you're in for," Zhay mumbled to himself at the demon, knowing that Veraka was in his rage, and was pursuing the group.

"Redouble your speed," the high priestess commanded her group; immediately, their speed resumed, with renewed vigor.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix