Founding a Facade

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

T'risstree slowly approiached the camp where the parley between the Deep Dragon and a Drow priestess and her followers was taking place.

She could hear enough to know that a negotiation was taking place. The priestess was trying to bribe or appease the Dragon with gifts.

T'risstree carefully counted and noted where all the enemy were and where Veraka was before moving back to where Talwyn was crouched behind the curve of the tunnel.

Maryne was like her shadow and she was very pleased the girl was with her.

Not knowing where Lothir was had caused her some concern but she trusted the bard enough to be able to look after himself.

She listened as Talwyn whispered Lothirs last message and nodded in agreement.

"Maryne and I will sneak over to Veraka and let him know we are here. I didn't see Grofsnuttle anywhere? So I'm assuming she is still invisible. The gnome will act when we launch the attack for certain. Since we're far enough away, I think now would be a good time to call on some long lasting prayers that will enhance us for the coming battle," she whipsered quietly to Maryne and Talwyn.

They nodded and prepared their own enchantments while T'risstree very quietly began softly chanting.

[b:18rbfqs5]{PRAYER}[/b:18rbfqs5]

After the first blessing, she started another:

[b:18rbfqs5]{Entropic Shield}[/b:18rbfqs5]

After the 2nd blessing, she signaled to Maryne that she was heading over to Veraka. Before she left she leaned over to Talwyn and kissed him quickly.

"For luck my love," she grinned at him before fading back into the darkness and moving away silently over to where Veraka and Aurora were.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Now came time for Charir to make his move, having acompanied Talwyn for the most part, he directs his telepathy to his present companions, [i:32gut0mj][color=red:32gut0mj]~We must hold back, just a little longer. If the negotiation fails, then we attack. If it succeeds, well... just wait a little longer, and you'll be glad you waited.~[/color:32gut0mj][/i:32gut0mj]

Then there is the matter of Pheurazath, utilizing his more direct link to her, notifying, [i:32gut0mj][color=red:32gut0mj]~Apologies for not warning you earlier of the gnome heading off ahead of us to spy on you, Mistress, but we are here now, mostly in flanking positions. I have told them to keep back, and hope they will listen. I fear the gnome will do something foolish and endanger both of you, and our plans, though. Please do be quick.~[/color:32gut0mj][/i:32gut0mj]
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

Taking the coin from Lothir and then waiting while Maryne and T'risstree came back gave Talwyn enough time to unlimber his shield. He crouched quietly, too far away to make out what was being said over in the camp.

He couldn't see exactly where Veraka was either but knew that once things got going, that it wouldn't matter anyway.

T'risstree appeared out of the shadows near him and whisoered her findings to him and Maryne. He nodded in understanding.
She bgena her series of blessings and he took this opportunity to cast [b:22yac15i]Protection vs Evil[/b:22yac15i] on himself and then a 2nd time on T'risstree to shield her from any attempts at mind control.

There was pleasant a surprise when she suddenly kissed him. The feel of her soft lips on his was inspiring and she grinned at him as he looked back at her with adoration.

[color=indigo:22yac15i]"For luck my love," she grinned at him before fading back into the darkness and moving away silently over to where Veraka and Aurora were. [/color:22yac15i]

He waited, counting in his head until 30 when the pseudo's telepathic broadcast echoed in his mind.

[i:22yac15i]Hmm....well the pseudo is right I suppose[/i:22yac15i] he thought. waiting would be a better idea and preferable to launching an ill prepared attack. If the Deep Dragon could convince the Drow Priestess to let Zhay go, so much the better.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka stared intently at the draeglolth that had his pupil in its wretched claws.
[i:1pbqbtqa]By every god and his mother, I swear I'll hunt down every last draeglolth on Faerun if Zhay isn't alive when we get to him,[/i:1pbqbtqa] the aasimar seethed to himself. Aurora echoed his thoughts with her own.

[color=cyan:1pbqbtqa]"Pssst...Lord Veraka...its me..Grofsnuttle" came the tiniest voice from a beetle with inlaid silver wings that had landed on the paladins shoulder.[/color:1pbqbtqa]

Veraka looked to his shoulder pauldron with a confused look; at the mention of Grofsnuttle, he wasn't surprised in the slightest.

[color=cyan:1pbqbtqa]"Please don't say anything or else they might hear us. They others should be along in a minute. I'm going to fly ahead around their flank and when I'm ready, I'll make a diversion and grab Zhay away from the Draegloth. You and the rest can then hit the Drow with everything you've got. If you like that idea, just nod." The tiny cave Beetle waited to see if Veraka would agree to her plan.[/color:1pbqbtqa]

The aasimar wasn't sure what to do; tactically it made sense for the gnome to go around and create a distraction. However, what worried him was that there were two more of those ugly bastards around, which complicated things.

[i:1pbqbtqa]"Don't do it,"[/i:1pbqbtqa] came a soft, and provoking feminine voice from his left flank. Veraka turned to see someone he wouldn't have expected to find for the rest of his life-time. Standing there within a shadow cast by an over handing stalactite, was a fey'ri dressed in a flexible, but very revealing set of leather armor. Her thigh-high Boots of Elvenkind gave her the stealth that had allowed her to sneak up on Veraka and Aurora undetected.
"What in the Nine Hells are [b:1pbqbtqa]you[/b:1pbqbtqa] doing here, Neriah?" Veraka asked, after recovering from his initial shock and trying to ignore her slim, streamlined body.

"Helping my lover do what he does best; is that too much to ask?" replied the fey'ri, her crimson-eyes narrowing softly to the aasimar.
Last edited by veraka on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

The appearance of the Fey'ri was most unexpected and made Grofsnuttle pause for a moment considering this new turn of events.

[color=cyan:3svycu06][i:3svycu06][b:3svycu06]"Umm...Lord veraka...why is your girlfiriend here and interfering with a pretty good plan? Does she have a better idea? We can't wait around forever you know. sooner or later someone is going to say or do something and we'll have lost the element of surprise," [/b:3svycu06] [/i:3svycu06] [/color:3svycu06]squeaked the beetle in the faintest of whispers.

Grofsnuttle turned and regarded the latest arrival while waiting for Veraka to make up his mind.

[i:3svycu06]Too many females around here [/i:3svycu06]she thought wryly to herself. [i:3svycu06]No wonder Zhay got snatched, there must be a male shortage with the Llothians or something like that[/i:3svycu06] she mused as she looked the Fey'ri over. Still...having an extra person on their side was a bonus, and this woman can't be all that bad if she is Veraka's lover concluded Grofsnuttle.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Neriah looked down at the beetle that was resting on her lover's platinum scale armor.
"Did I just here that beetle talk?" she asked Veraka.

"Long story short, she's a spellcaster, albeit a damn good one," the aasimar responded.

He went back to thinking this through; Groffsnuttle would most likely be able to get Zhay outta there, but the question was how fast would Veraka have to keep those bastards at bay while the gnome got away with his pupil. He didn't like anymore than Kalkyril's uninformed idea. At least Grofsnuttle had told him in advance.

"Ok, Lady Grofsnuttle; we can try it, but first wait for Kalkyril to see if whatever she's up to works or not; failing that, do what can," he whispered back.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

[color=darkred:3bfwjqo1]Tilting her head to look back where the draegloth had just been and directing the dragon's gaze there as well, the priestess shook her head, "My friend, the deal will be done when it is done. I assure you that drow will have every single drop of blood he owns still in him." A smirk grew on her face as she remembered that they harmed him in the process, "Well, whatever is in him at the moment, at least."

"Besides, we are certain, great dragon, that the lone warrior nearing our camp is of no match for one as great as you." The priestess tilted her head, adding a hint of awe to her voice, playing on the dragon's pride. "One hit, and the warrior and any other resistance he may have gathered up will be gone, and," the priestess spread her hands, "our deal will be met."

A large boom echoed across the camp, and a light flared into existence, flooding the cavern. "See? Now he cannot even match heat patterns." The priestess' smile held, even though she blinked furiously to adjust to the sudden light change.

Certain that she had made an offer the dragon would not refuse, she looked at the crossbowmen and back to the dragon, then added in one final note, "I would very much like to use my feet again, great dragon. Perhaps a starter for your appetite?" She nodded to the crossbowmen, "[i:3bfwjqo1]One[/i:3bfwjqo1], to free me from this spell. And you can have him now, too. Does that please you?"[/color:3bfwjqo1]

---

Maryne nodded and moved to Veraka, reaching there a moment before T'risstree. Moving to the edge, she held her breath as a large dragon came into view, chatting with someone she cared not to move closer to see.

Jerking her head back, she looked at T'risstree, her hands moving furiously in the silent drow hand language [i:3bfwjqo1]A dragon! T'riss, they have managed to secure a dragon to fight us, what are we supposed to do with this Zhay guarded like that?[/i:3bfwjqo1]

Looking back, Maryne realised that there was someone else she hadn't seen as of yet, although her face would be very familiar to the fey'ri (Kathryn is her twin, V).

Shifting from her position while directing a smile at the other woman, she moves away from the opening, to the back of the group, "I suppose there will be a time for introductions later ... I hope."

Turning to T'risstree, she shakes her head, signing, [i:3bfwjqo1]All this for one man? What has he done to garner such attention? there has to be a bigger reason ... to have a dragon ... [/i:3bfwjqo1]
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

A baleful glare is issued to the priestess, it taking a great measure of self-control to maintain her patience with this situation, then it is gone, as she counters, "Let us be honest, little spider lover, if I give my word, we both know I would keep it, but all the Underdark knows, you would as soon keep the male, and double-cross me when victory is nearly at hand. As such, you have my sworn word, I will set you free, once he is in my possession." Pheurazath gives a pause there, letting that sink in, then adding, "Be warned, though I should think you better educated than to need be reminded, you have my oath now, and would be ill-advised to doubt it, or argue it. The longer you protest, and keep him from me, the less likely I am to be inclined to do anything more than free your feet."

There it is again, unspoken threats, this time less vague, for now this camp of drow stand to make an enemy out of her, as well as an ally. Or at least, so they would be allowed to believe.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The invisibard slips closer to the group of warriors, making ready to cast a spell against them. Fortunately, they all appear to be low-ranking commoner soldiers- battle fodder, most likely. He spots the crossbowmen, and moves to include them in his range, as well.

"Get ready for a first-class distraction, Tal," he whispers into the coin he carries, then he mutters a spell to throw his voice to a point just behind the priestess, and grins as he sees her jump at his words. "All this fuss for one little male? You must be desperate for a new lover, Jabbress, to steal one when you could have just had ME for the asking!"

And at that, he murmurs the second spell- this one to cause the priestess's clothes to all fall off at once, leaving them piled in a small heap at her feet. "Surprise!" He says, laughing, his voice still coming from just behind her stuck feet.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

[color=red:2s2vbgsm]"Get ready for a first-class distraction, Tal."[/color:2s2vbgsm]

The message came through the enchanted coin which he'd wedged in a grove in the shoulder paltes of his armour.

"No..wait!"

But it was too late as Lothir had already began to cast his magics.

Amoments later he heard quite clearly in the cavern Lothirs voice ring out.

[color=red:2s2vbgsm]"All this fuss for one little male? You must be desperate for a new lover, Jabbress, to steal one when you could have just had ME for the asking!" [/color:2s2vbgsm]

[i:2s2vbgsm]Oh crap...so much for negotiations[/i:2s2vbgsm] he thought.

He rose to his feet and began casting [b:2s2vbgsm]Deafening Clang [/b:2s2vbgsm]on his sword.

[b:2s2vbgsm]"Surprise!"[/b:2s2vbgsm]

Talwyn heard Lothir call out again but he couldn't see what the bard had just done.

Shrugging, he began to run forward twoards the cavern and would be there in a minute.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Grofsnuttle was relievd to see Maryne and T'risstree show up next to Veraka and his girlfriend. She'd been contemplating what spells to cast to help resolve this situation.

Suddenly she heard Lothir's voice, projected through ventriloquism, taunting the Drow priestess who was facing off with the Deep Dragon.

[color=cyan:2s2vbgsm][b:2s2vbgsm]"Well that Bard appears to have made up our minds for us so there is no point in lurking anymore,"[/b:2s2vbgsm] [/color:2s2vbgsm]she said in a resigned voice to no one in particular as she rose up flying from Veraka's shoulder. Her tiny wings were a blur of silver and she flew as fast as she could away from the four people who were just starting to react to Lothirs diversion.

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"Tal, not yet!" he whispers into the coin, smacking his head. "I want her focused away from the rest of you, so she wastes her magic on non-existent enemies! Just wait until I give you a signal!"

At the priestess's look of utter shock as her attire all falls into a small pile- oddly, even her footwear and jewelry seem to have inexplicably made their way into the heap- he tosses his voice again, this time right between her and the dragon. "I'd like to make a counter-offer, milady- and no, don't bother trying to cast a spell, I've got a sword pointed at you- I'll pay you for that fellow you've been dragging around like a sack of potatoes, and offer my own services besides. Oh, and I've slain dragons bigger than this one, so I doubt this wyrmling can match my offer."

To Talwyn, he whispers into the coin, "If she goes for Kalkyril's offer, wait until Zhay's out, then rush her. If she takes mine, I'll get him out, and you can tag the draegloth."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

She nodded in silence back to Maryne. She was concerned but did not let it show.

[i:39otmpeq]We will deal with the threats regardless sister. A dragon bleeds like any creature and if it bleeds, we can kill it[/i:39otmpeq] she signaled back using the silent sign language.

She watched on, waiting to see how this would resolve itself but growing steadily impatient with the to and fro of the negotiations.
[i:39otmpeq]
This is becoming tiresome[/i:39otmpeq] she signaled. [i:39otmpeq]We have the advantage, lets use it! [/i:39otmpeq]

She was just about to start moving to flanking position when Lothir happened.

Gaping in total surprise at the utterly unexpected turn of events, T'risstree sat there looking on at the now naked Drow priestess.

"What in the name of goddess is he doing?" she mumbled.

She turned to Maryne with an incredulous expression on her face as if to say, "[i:39otmpeq]what the vith[/i:39otmpeq]?" She shrugged helplessly to her comrades and then looked back briefly before turning back to Maryne.

[i:39otmpeq]Come on, lets go while they are distracted![/i:39otmpeq]

She slid out her Bastard Sword from the scabbard on her back and summoned up the shadows to envelop her.

Moving forward once she was completely obscured, she [b:39otmpeq]moved silently, hiding in plain sight[/b:39otmpeq] across the opposite flank to where Lothir was.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

As the ventriloquism and removal of clothes goes off, ending her negotiations, disrupting everything, a plan, even though improvised, well laid and executed, certain she had the priestess cornered in a bargain she could not refuse, Pheurazath's patience is finally lost, an infuriated roar heralding her outrage, bellowing, "Wux xsio malaivi hofiba!" Then dropping from her hover, she charges the Draegloth holding onto Zhay, to snap her maw around its body, and unleash her acidic breath directly upon the grappled beast, and then, what's worse is a Metabreath effect [b:1t46c24t][Clinging Breath][/b:1t46c24t] even as she releases the bite, lingering residual acid continues to eat at the wretched beast, then to busy with the horror of being burned alive by acid, to keep her from seizing Zhay, and placing him upon her back, "If you want to live, hold on tight." And then keeping her voice low enough for just Zhay to hear, "My Weapons Master."

Not having much running room at this point, no doubt with many drow closing around her, she is forced to take to one of the large stalagmite structures, Deep Dragon talons well suited to scaling stone surfaces, she climbs, and while doing so, works her way around the other side, trying to keep stone between her and enemy spells. Even as she begins her ascent, wings pin Zhay's legs around the base of her neck, and alar thumbs, press into his hands, providing handles to hold onto her with. Another growl back to him, "They're going to pay for hurting you."

And so, plan A returns, and she begs Io to keep all the others back from the fray, focusing on the ceiling above the camp, and diving deep into a steady concentration, she reaches into a variety of spells, arcane to her race, and casts [b:1t46c24t]{Soften Earth and Stone}[/b:1t46c24t], combined with racial levels, the effect is incredible, turning a 220 square foot section of ceiling, for four feet of depth, entirely to clay. For but a second, the spell seems pointless, and then, comes the first stalactite, plummeting down into the camp like a giant spear, followed by several more, and accompanied by many large, and heavy chunks of clay. Those not fast enough to dodge, not magically protected enough, or simply not lucky, many of them come to a crushing end as hundreds, perhaps even thousands of pounds of rock is dropped on their heads.

[OOC: It seemed prudent to mention this, the initial collapse, caused by the spell, should have been only so large as to take out, about a quarter of the camp's total area, those closer to the center were most in danger, it's possible it may have spread beyond that a little, but for those outside the camp's perimeter, they should be fairly safe.... I think.]
Last edited by Pheurazath on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Talwyn halted his run when Lothir hissed at him.

He blinked in total surprise.

[i:180hgy0j]How could Lothir have known what I was doing?[/i:180hgy0j]

The paladin pondered this conundrum intensely for a bit. There was no way Lothir would have been able to see where he was, nor did Talwyn give any indication, voiced or otherwise of his intention.

He shrugged and continued forward at a walking pace this time as he'd had enough of waiting around while other people dickered about. To much grandstanding and not enough direct action.

He got within sight of the Drow encampment moments later when the Deep Dragon let out an almighty infuriated roar.

Well thats a bad sign he thought. Time to get a move on.

He started forward again but stopped as he watched in the dim light as the Dragon stormed forward, snatching Zhay from the Draegloth while melting it with its breath. The grisley sight of a Draegloth's flesh falling away like overcooked meat was sickening to watch.

It then sprang upwards towards the ceiling.

[i:180hgy0j]This isn't going to go well [/i:180hgy0j] he thought.

The Drow were firing their handbows at the Dragon and the Priestess was shrieking her outrage at both Lothir and the Dragon. The bolts sizzled upwards but pinged away harmlessly from the Dragons scaley hide.

Talwyn prepared to charge into the milling throng of drow soldiers when suddenly the cavern roof began to collapse. Tons of clay and rock started to plummet downwards. He checked his charged and ran back to the enterance of the cavern as a total cave in could occur.

He noticed a small silver blur as a beetle whizzed by at high speed past him as he ran out of the death zone. The beetle hovered in the safety of a secure natural arch.

[b:180hgy0j][color=cyan:180hgy0j]"THAT MANIAC! UTTERLY INSANE BEAST!"[/color:180hgy0j][/b:180hgy0j] it squeaked in outrage, buzzing angrily as it flew in circles around Talwyn.

"Eh?"

[color=cyan:180hgy0j][b:180hgy0j]"THAT IDIOT DRAGON HAS BROUGHT DOWN THE ENTIRE CAVERN IN ITS RAGE WITH NO THOUGHT TO ANYONE ELSE BELOW!" [/b:180hgy0j][/color:180hgy0j]fumed the beetle. It paused its furious buzzing and flew forwards and shifted suddenly back into Grofsnuttle.

[color=cyan:180hgy0j][b:180hgy0j]"Lets hope that everyone else somehow dodged that collapse Talwyn. We have to go back in but be ready to bolt in a moments notice because that idiot has now made the entire area unstable and its likely to further cave in at any time,"[/b:180hgy0j] [/color:180hgy0j]she snarled, her eyes blazing.

"I see," he said in deadly calm quiet flat tone, his eyes searching for any signs of life as he carefully moved forwards back into the dust choked cavern filled with rubble and detritus.

Grofsnuttle looked back at him briefly but knowing that tone well enough. It meant that Talwyn was quietly keeping his own anger in check and waiting to see if T'risstree or any of their friends had been injured by the impetuous display by the Deep Dragon.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Taking advantage of Lothirs distraction, T'risstree and Maryne had just began to move forward when the Deep Dragon bellowed in anger and lept forward, grabbing Zhay from the half demon and then scrambling its way upwards to the ceiling.

The next thing T'risstree noticed was that the roof began to collapse.

Horror filled her being as this was every drows nightmare, cave in!

"RUN MARYNE! RUN!" she screamed dropping all stealth and sprinting for an exit.

The rumble of falling earth and the crash of stone roared behind her as she raced out of the path of the roof collapse.

She found herself on the other side of the collapsed cave and stared back in horror at what had just happened.
clicky2cme