Founding a Facade

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: Bless you, Pheurazath, I was trying to come up with a legitimate reason to jump into that!

IC: The drow nods at the female, and suddenly dashes off in the direction of the inn. He races through the city streets, wishing he had a faster means of getting there, but arrives soon enough at the inn. He bursts in through the door, just in time to see T'risstree and Talwyn coming down from their room. Heaving from his run, he gasps out, "Tal, T'riss! There's been trouble! I'm not sure what's going on, but Veraka and that drow fellow left House Helvighym to talk outside, and a few moments later, that big wolf of his went to howling and going berserk and ran out! You'd both better come quick. I'm going ahead to see what's up!"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

[color=indigo:2fjf8izk]"Maryne!" exclaimed T'risstree with surprised delight. "What are you doing here sister?" she asked as she dashed across the room and came up to hug the drow girl. [/color:2fjf8izk]

"T'risstree! I'm glad you finally came," Maryne said, winking, "I was worried it would take longer." She grinned and hugged her. "Come, I have a present for you." She turned and led T'risstree to the table she was sitting at and placed the robe in T'risstree's hands. "A little something I thought you would like, and," she shook it slightly, the rustle of paper sounding from within, "a little something else you wanted." She spoke the last in a whisper, giving her a meaningful look. she opened her mouth to say more just as the drow she had seen after the little fight burst in through the door.

[color=indigo:2fjf8izk]"Tal, T'riss! There's been trouble! I'm not sure what's going on, but Veraka and that drow fellow left House Helvighym to talk outside, and a few moments later, that big wolf of his went to howling and going berserk and ran out! You'd both better come quick. I'm going ahead to see what's up!" [/color:2fjf8izk]

"There's been an attack outside House Helvighym? They can't have gone that far ..." she turned to T'risstree, "we should make haste. If they attacked the House ... more people may be hurt. Let's go!"
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

A half smile ghosted across Talwyn's face as he watched T'risstree race ahead and hug her friend who it appeared had decided to pay her a visit.

[i:jhzixcbj]She probably wants to check up on what T'riss has been upto and swap salacious juicy gossips[/i:jhzixcbj] he thought wryly as he watched T'risstree unwrap the present Maryne had brought for her. Women were the same regardless of race he mused.

The Lothir burst in through the front door, all frenzied and excited, yammering about another attack that has involved Veraka near House Helvighym.

He inwardly sighed.

[i:jhzixcbj]Dear Lord Torm, I am eternally grateful that I was able to spend those few hours of peace with my love,[/i:jhzixcbj] he prayed silently as now Maryne had been caught up in Lothirs excitement.

Talwyn shared a look with T'risstree who stood next to Maryne. It was a look that couples exchange because they know one another intimately and are often thinking the same thing. He nodded slightly to her and she nodded back.

"Trouble eh? Why are we not surprised? <resigned sigh> Well we'll get ready as fast as we can. T'riss & I are hardly dressed and sallying forth to battle whatever evils roam out there in bathrobes hardly seems a reciepe for victory don't you think hmm?" he said to Maryne and Lothir with a raised eyebrow.

"Come on T'riss, it appears we're needed to save the day once more," he said to his smirking Drow lover, "Meanwhile you two, if you can contain yourselves, will have to wait till we're ready. Think you can manage that without bunching up your knickers into a knot?"

Without waiting for a reply he turned and made his way quickly back upstairs muttering up having to rescue Timmy down the well and cats up trees all the time.

"It's always one crisis after another and it's never that there is any time to prepare. You know just once I'd like to be in a position where we didn't have to bolt off but could take our time, perhaps even enjoy some light snacks and drinks, a hand of cards before heading off?"

T'risstree giggled at him as they went into their room.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((i have t'night...and so to be sure, yall have come then ran out? so im hoping im on the right track...my brain is bout melted right now. i may have forgotten something, so let me know if i did))

Zar listens to her, curious about the unusual 'drow'. she says nothings but a small whisper-like enters her mind. she smiled to her. if she wanted to establish an elisitrean place, she had no problems, or any goodly deity. tho for the sake of her or the city, a forign deity wouldnt go over quite so well.
"i think we could manage that." the cleric is using her abilities to sense any hidden motives or searching her aura for anything. she looks to the bard, reminding her of her own (spouse or lover which ever is the correct term).
"and this house is open to yall." she looks to them. "shall i prepare any rooms for yall? you must be looking for a place to rest."
Zar scratched Aurora's ears as she nodded to veraka. about to speak, Aurora change moods(?) howling and exiting the house along with the others.
She sensed something going on and a few of the ladies of the house followed. Zar sent word to a few of the teachers to watch and be on guard against enemies.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

The two drow girls hugged each other happily.

"A present for me? Oh Maryne... you shouldn't have... you spoil me ussta dalninil," she said with a joyful smile and a tiny wink as she accepted the package containing the robe and the papers that Maryne had carefully hidden inside the robe.

The door burst open and Lothir came in all breathless and jittery. After blurting out his news she looked over at at Talwyn who appeared to be inwardly rolling his eyes. She felt the same and when he looked back over at her, they shared that knowing look.

She hid her smile behind her hand as Talwyn spoke about not rushing out in their bathrobes to go and fight.

[i:2tc1wv8w]Ahh that's my boy[/i:2tc1wv8w], she thought fondly as he tried to calm down Lothir and Maryne with a dash of common sense.

[color=blue:2tc1wv8w]"Come on T'riss, it appears we're needed to save the day once more," he said to his smirking Drow lover, "Meanwhile you two, if you can contain yourselves, will have to wait till we're ready. Think you can manage that without bunching up your knickers into a knot?"

Without waiting for a reply he turned and made his way quickly back upstairs muttering up having to rescue Timmy down the well and cats up trees all the time.[/color:2tc1wv8w]

"You are sooooo right Talwyn. As much as I like running around naked, perhaps getting dressed in our armor would be a good idea, yes?" she said primly with a meaningful look to Lothir and Maryne, then she turned and skipped along quickly as she followed him upstairs.

She could hear him muttering and she could barely contain herself and started to giggle.

They went inside and quickly began to gather their armor and started to get dressed.

"Oh xhenshun'nye mrannd'ssinss wiu, you can be so sarcastic sometimes...I often wonder if you aren't a Drow male polymorphed into human form? Your cynical attitude is most refreshing but I'm glad you're not always such a dark little cloud. Come on, you know we have to help our friends so don't mutter and bitch, just get dressed and we'll save the day as you so quaintly put it."

She smiled fondly at him as he nodded while strapping on his platemail armor.

<10 minutes later>

They examined each other, checking that the straps and buckles on their armor were secure and tight.

"You look magnificent my love," she said in a husky voice as she stood back and looked him over as he adjusted his sword belt. He looked back at her and grinned.

"Ok xhenshun'nye mrannd'ssinss wiu, lets go and collect our anxious friends before they get too antsy," she grinned wickedly as they stepped out holding hands and made their way downstairs back to the lobby.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

They came back down to the lobby hand in hand and looked to find Lothir and Maryne.

Talwyn opened the door for T'risstree to step through and she smiled and gracefully walked ahead of him as they entered the main lobby.

Just as they walked in, a doorway that led to the bathhouse area opened up and oput strode Grofsnuttle looking resplendent in a slivery sparkling gown. Her strawberry blonde hair was tastefully coiled up into a series of swirls and held in place with some silver pins. She looked very pleased indeed. She spied Talwyn and T'risstree holding hands and smiled oftly then marched over to them, stepping in front of Lothir and Maryne as though they were inconsiquensial lackies.

[color=darkblue:1yxiqqdf]"Ahh there you are you big galoot! Oh...and I see you haven't wasted any time in picking up one of the local girls eh? Tsk tsk Talwyn, always the ladies man aren't you!"[/color:1yxiqqdf] she scolded in mock serious tones as she grinned at T'risstree with a friendly wink.

He smirked at the gnome.

"Oh how you wound me so. I hardly call finding my true love picking up a local girl. Lady Grofsnuttle, may I present my fiance, T'ristree Helviiryn, priestess of Eilsitraee," he said to Grofsnuttle.

[color=darkblue:1yxiqqdf]"Oh-ho! So this is THE one hmm?" [/color:1yxiqqdf]she the turned to T'risstree. [color=darkblue:1yxiqqdf]"Good for you girl for landing this big idiot! Now I hope you can whack him into shape and knock some sense into the boy...yes...I believe you'll do just fine on that account," [/color:1yxiqqdf]she said with a knowing approving smile to the laughing drow girl.

She glanced over her shoulder at Maryne and Lothir then back at Talwyn and T'risstree.

[color=darkblue:1yxiqqdf]"What's got these two servants in such a dither then hmm? You two look like you're preparing to go to war or something? another crisis eh Talwyn?"[/color:1yxiqqdf] she asked inquisitivly.
Last edited by Talwyn Aureliano on Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

To Charir's great dismay, even though the cunning little Psuedodrgon had sneaked his way in through the window of a vacant room, and taken care to keep out of sight, while tracking down the scent of the gnome-who-so-annoys-the-Mistress, he found his path forced to cross with those of the many companions he was instructed to lead along the route of hasty pursuit. With a sigh, he knew better than to put stealth before guidance, and down he flits, not much larger than a winged slender house cat, and decidedly taking perch on Gorfsnuttle's shoulder. and directing his racial telepathy toward her immediately. While he is 'speaking' to her, some might notice his tail looks remarkably alike to Kalkyril's choker, all red with black spikes.

[color=red:2nhnusg8][i:2nhnusg8]~Greetings Grofsnuttle, my Mistress bids you and your companions follow my lead, to her. I suspect she has fled in pursuit of Master Veraka, and an apparently endangered Zhay. Woe to any who harm the young Dark Elf, for the Mistress is quite fond of him. I -was- supposed to make contact with you secretly before you met with your companions. I suppose you're wondering who sends me, precisely... Mistress Kalkyril, did fail to mention, though she had focused primarily on divine magics, she is also a sorceress, and without the benefit of divine support, has lately put more focus into arcane study. On her behalf I hope you and your companions will forgive her, failing to mention this.~[/i:2nhnusg8][/color:2nhnusg8]

Not complete truth, but honest enough to save face for his dearly adored Mistress. He knows he will simply have to inform her of the slight change of story upon reuniting.
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

~

The pseudodragon became steadily unnerved as it stared into the unflinching ice blue silver flecked eyes of the gnome. Charir had the sense that what was staring back at it was powerful beyond it's meagre understanding but also, it had the just the merest of an inkling that Grofsnuttle was something akin to it just the same.

[b:23ilfmyz][color=cyan:23ilfmyz][i:23ilfmyz]~ Hello little one. You can scuttle back to your overbearing mistress and inform her we will be on our way in due course, once these people have sorted themselves out ~[/i:23ilfmyz][/color:23ilfmyz][/b:23ilfmyz]

The message came through without Charir having to use its own racial telepathy.

It then felt compelled to remove itself as quickly as possible from the shoulder of the gnome and get away as fast as it could and get back to its owner.

The gnome lightly brushed the shoulder of her beautiful silver gown and examined it critically. She was glad that Charir hadn't released its bowels on her brand new dress but it's claws had damaged the fabric, leaving tiny holes and tear marks and that quietly annoyed her. With a tiny wave of her hand, she instantly repaired the damage to her gown and it became as if it was brand new again.

Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

[color=indigo:14edgxp4]<10 minutes later> [/color:14edgxp4]

Maryne could not hide her indignation when, long enough after, T'risstree and Talwyn came gliding along hand in hand. She couldn't expect a human to understand the importance of an attack in front of the city's most powerful house, but she also did not expect the same nonchalance from T'risstree.

At the look on their faces as T'riss smiled at Talwyn, her irritation lessened as she cooled down somewhat; there wasn't anything wrong with being in love.

A gnome entered and spoke with Talwyn for a moment before nodding to her and the drow that had just entered.

[color=indigo:14edgxp4]"What's got these two servants in such a dither then hmm? You two look like you're preparing to go to war or something? another crisis eh Talwyn?" she asked inquisitivly. [/color:14edgxp4]

That comment vexed her to no end. "You should think twice before referring to a priestess in [i:14edgxp4]any[/i:14edgxp4] drow city as a servant, [i:14edgxp4]gnome[/i:14edgxp4]." she snapped, cutting in before anyone else could answer. "Especially if they number among the ones working to keep the city you're in safe."

A tiny creature made its way onto the gnome's shoulder, its tail striking something in Maryne's memory that she wasn't sure of. That female drow they had encountered before entering House Helvighym flashed into her mind, and Maryne remembered her strange jewelry.

Realising suddenly that what the drow that just came in had said, Maryne turned to T'risstree. It seemed like she had not been to House Helvighym yet. Marking that down in a list of questions to ask T'risstree, Maryne motioned to the door, deciding that she was not going to wait in this room if there was nothing to wait for except a catch-up with a gnome.

"If you wish to continue speaking with this [i:14edgxp4]wonderful[/i:14edgxp4] gnome conversationalist, then I shall meet you at House Helvighym."

She turned and started out of the door to the inn in a huff, not really caring if they followed or not. It was unfair to push them if they didn't want to go, but this was her home, and she was not about to wait while it fell around her ears like the other homes she had had. Not to mention that the gnome that had hurt more than a little of her pride.

Her pace quickened as she marched on to the first house, brow tightening as she tried to calm herself inwardly, sighing aloud when she knew it wasn't working.

Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Charir, seldom one to argue with anything or anyone beyond his scope, especially when it might come down to if he survives to return to the more often than not, luxurious caring of his mistress, leaps off and flits away from Grofsnuttle, realizing now why the gnome so upset Pheurazath, like a pair of hydra's heads fighting over which gets the larger share of the same meal, so he muses. Still, despite the compulsions issued by the gnome, he has his orders, and is to be as much early warning of the nearing companions, as their guide. So while he does depart the building, he does not leave the area entirely, instead focusing his telepathy on Talwyn, though limiting his contact for now, [i:30fr5oou][color=red:30fr5oou]~ Your gnome wants me gone, but I have my orders, and would rather have my wings torn off, than return to my Mistress, failing my assigned task. Please, good knight, do not force me apart from your company so soon. ~[/color:30fr5oou][/i:30fr5oou]
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Talwyn eyed Grofsnuttle with a mixture of bemusement and apprehension as T'risstree hurried out, running after Maryne as she stormed out in a huff.

"Dearest Lady Grofsnuttle, the two people behind you are not servants but comrades of ours. The fair lady is Maryne, a friend of T'ristree's and the other dashing looking rogue is Lothir, bard extrondinaire. Please be nice to them," he asked quietly after Maryne stalked out in a huff. He then looked at the pseudodragon that had scuttled up and landed on his shoulder. He wasn't particularly thrilled to have the beast perched on him but it was a conduit of information between them and Kalkyril.

[b:1xn03ye7][color=cyan:1xn03ye7]"Eh? They are not flunkies employed by this Inn? Oh...I am sorry...but it so hard to tell the help from the customers here. So sorry Bard...but you did look like a waiter standing there all breathless like you've forgotten to bring the bread rolls for soup or something. Anyway, it seems that the little one has taken a shine to you my boy. Well, it's determined to hang around so you may as well bring it. Come, lets be on our way my lad. It seems that your friends don't appear to grasp the concept that getting dressed in platemail armour takes time. I suspect that's why the the one called Maryne has been so fidgity all this time,"[/color:1xn03ye7] [/b:1xn03ye7]she added as she ushered everyone out of the lobby, her Iceblue silver flecked eyes glittereing with hidden mirth.

[b:1xn03ye7] [color=cyan:1xn03ye7]"Despite being such a long lived race, these drow seem so impatient don't you think?"[/color:1xn03ye7][/b:1xn03ye7] she grinned at Talwyn as he followed her outside.

He glanced at the pseudodragon as he walked outside.

"You can stay for now I suppose."

He looked to see where T'risstree had gotten to as she'd run off chasing down Maryne.

Grofsnuttle saw him looking about and sniffed the air momentarily before pointing in the direction of House Helvighym.

[color=cyan:1xn03ye7][b:1xn03ye7]"The two women went that way my lad, with Maryne in the lead but your girl will catch her up soon enough,"[/b:1xn03ye7][/color:1xn03ye7] she added sagely. She sighed a little.
[b:1xn03ye7][color=cyan:1xn03ye7]"I suppose I'll have to be a bit more circumspect otherwise I'll start sounding like that awful creature Kalkyrin."[/color:1xn03ye7][/b:1xn03ye7]

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

[color=indigo:1r3nn9z0]"If you wish to continue speaking with this wonderful gnome conversationalist, then I shall meet you at House Helvighym."

Maryne turned and started out of the door to the inn in a huff, not really caring if they followed or not. [/color:1r3nn9z0]

"Maryne....wait....oh shu...." T'risstree sighed as she watched Maryne leave. She glanced down at the gnome briefly with a mildly irritated stare then hurried out after Maryne.

Maryne had quickened her pace as she barrelled ahead towards House Helvighym making T'risstree have to run to catch up.

"Maryne! Wait...please!" T'risstree called out as she ran up to Maryne who was powering ahead with an angry look on her face.

"I think we should slow down and let the others catch up, even that irritating gnome, strength in numbers you know?" she added hoping to appeal to Maryne's sense of reason.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

[color=indigo:h2mw5bdf]"Maryne! Wait...please!" T'risstree called out as she ran up to Maryne who was powering ahead with an angry look on her face.[/color:h2mw5bdf]

"No." Maryne replied briskly, not slowing down.

[color=indigo:h2mw5bdf]"I think we should slow down and let the others catch up, even that irritating gnome, strength in numbers you know?" she added hoping to appeal to Maryne's sense of reason.
[/color:h2mw5bdf]
Maryne stopped so suddenly that if T'risstree was still behind her, she would bump into her. "No. You're right." She turned around and moved to the side of the street, looking back for the split in the crowds that would most likely announce Talwyn's presence.

"Sorry. I shouldn't have done that, I know." She spoke in clipped tones. Knowing you were wrong didn't make it any easier admitting it. "I finally get raised in rank and I still look like a servant." she mutters softly. "Ah ... never mind. Let's wait here." There was still no sign of them. It surprised her that she had come that far so fast.

"T'riss? Why weren't you at House Helvighym? You seemed so eager to get there yesterday." Maryne tried to remember what the inside of the house looked like.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

T'risstree skidded to a halt as Maryne stopped so suddenly that since T'risstree was still behind her, she would have bumped into her.

[color=indigo:9ji42ce6]"No. You're right. Sorry. I shouldn't have done that, I know." Maryne spoke in clipped tones. Knowing you were wrong didn't make it any easier admitting it. "I finally get raised in rank and I still look like a servant." she mutters softly. "Ah ... never mind. Let's wait here."[/color:9ji42ce6]

T'risstree looked at Maryne and felt deep empathy for her.

"....hey...please don't be mad...I know the gnome is annoying and we are a proud people but she is right you know...just a bit tactless. We are servants of Eilistraee. I understand your anger and feelings. You have come a long way and you showed that by not outrightly attacking the gnome when every fibre in your being screamed to do so. You [b:9ji42ce6]are[/b:9ji42ce6] better than that and remember that the goddess does expect us to treat strangers with kindness even if they are rude little insects," she smiled hopefully at Maryne, trying to get the young woman to calm her emotions. At the same time she realise she was being hypocritical.

[color=indigo:9ji42ce6]"T'riss? Why weren't you at House Helvighym? You seemed so eager to get there yesterday." [/color:9ji42ce6]

"Ha! Listen to me! I'm preaching to you when I can't even control my own emotions." She shook her head with a rueful sigh.

"I left the house early Maryne as it suddenly reminded me of all that I once had back in my home city...all that I have lost and is gone forever. I don't understand it...lately I've been experiencing quite strong mood swings, more than the usual and being inside House Helvighym almost broke me down.But I'm alright now," she smiled a girlish little secret grin at Maryne.

"I did have an hour or so to charge up my levels of happiness," she winked. She stretched and ran her hand through her hair, pushing it over her ears and tying it back into a long pony tail.

"I'm feeling better now and more capable of controling myself I think. Whatever the trouble is, we will face it togther as friends in the service of Eilistraee."

She gripped Maryne hands and smiled at her reassuringly.
clicky2cme
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

Little Charir, narrowing his small topaz eyes venomously at Grofsnuttle, truly began to find himself wishing Pheurazath -would- make stew of the gnome.
[quote:3u0tdhhw]
Anyway, it seems that the little one has taken a shine to you my boy. Well, it's determined to hang around so you may as well bring it.[/quote:3u0tdhhw]

To this part, Charir cuts in, telepathically adding, but only to Talwyn's perceptions, [color=red:3u0tdhhw][i:3u0tdhhw]~As if I have a choice in the matter. Neither of you have to live with my Mistress, and be the focus of her rage when one thing done wrong can possibly be found as the cause for ruined plans, lost valuables, or failed rescues. You try being my size in a library full of flying books.~[/i:3u0tdhhw][/color:3u0tdhhw]

Once outside, he need only recall the direction he came to reach the inn, which by air, afforded him a view of the most direct land route, and even while Grofsnuttle is sniffing, he is starting to lead the way, and doubles back, settling into lazy circling, shooting slightly impatient glances back to Talwyn and Grofsnuttle, again focusing his telepathy on Talwyn, [i:3u0tdhhw][color=red:3u0tdhhw]~Of course they went this way, and I know the way back to Mistress Kalkyril, without sniffing about, this is why she sent me to collect you.~[/color:3u0tdhhw][/i:3u0tdhhw]