Founding a Facade

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: You guys post entirely to often for me to keep up, lol! :p And for the love of little kittens, can we not use so much of the drow tongue? Not all of us are as fluent as others, and it's a pain to have to use the translator every few lines.....

IC: "You flatter me far too much, good sir," the bard says at Veraka's compliment. "Musician, most surely, but a Master? I'd never lay claim to such a lofty title. We are, after all, always students of our chosen craft, and I more than most." Then he snorts at the second comment. "Old fool? Surely you jest! A fool I may be, but old? I should only BE so lucky to become so! Or did you mean compared to you short-lives?" He chuckles, and it's clear that his last comment is meant as a gentle tease.

He laughs at Talwyn's joke, giving him a look of amused annoyance. "VERY funny, Talwyn. The truth is, I got bored without someone there to match wits with. Of course, I'll go easy on you, since that might prove difficult for you, being a rivvil." He says, grinning. He winks, and turns to T'risstree with a friendly smile. He is about to reply to her greeting when she suddenly goes of on a tirade in drowish at the newcomers. He raises his brows in surprise, then furrows them in concern as he notices how much like a Matron she is behaving.

"Ah, perhaps it would be a good idea to retire to a less public venue? A good drink or two, and perhaps a more pleasant locale might make things a bit less- prickly among friends and new acquaintances alike." He says after all the hoo-hah of the two females has passed. He makes careful note of the reaction from the male T'riss had just berated, and decides it might be a good idea to ward off any sore feeling from that one. And that peculiar female stranger, as well. something about her prickles the hairs on his neck....

OOC: What is Pheurzath's AL? He's got an item that detects evil, is why I'm asking. Should he be worried about her?
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Seeing Talwyn slow down a tad, Veraka lowered his speed to listen in to what the Knight-Captain had to say. Veraka cocked his head forward and listened to what Talwyn told him about T'risstree.

[color=blue:3j1vys46]I think we will have a lot of work ahead of us in keeping the peace and making sure that the rule of law, justice and fairness are able to be established here in this city. The sisters of Eilsitraee need our help in solidifying their grip on power in this city and I intend to do my damndest to make that a reality."[/color:3j1vys46]

Hearing the Knight-Captain say this, the aasimar gave a off a low chuckle; "Oh Talwyn; if you only you knew what pains they've already seen in this city. Remember, I was here when that battle overtook the city. So I do know what you mean, and by the Triadic Fury, if those blasted spider-kissers want to initiate a hostile takeover, I'll raise the Nine Hells and open up the Abyss before I see that happen," he finished in a low growl.

[color=blue:3j1vys46]"If we," he indicated to himself, Veraka and Zhay," can keep the ladies from pulling their hair out, I think we might have a chance in forging something good out of this mess. I'll make sure T'riss calms down if you can get Kalkyrin to pull her head in. She needs to stop "helping" for a bit and let the locals take charge of matters."[/color:3j1vys46]

"I do think that a wise, and probably, safest course of action right now. T'risstree does seem to value your opinion, and I've noticed you do hold some sway over her, though how much or how long that will last, I don't know. Maryne herself seems to be holding her cool; I only pray that she continues down that path. As for Kalkyril, let me try something," he said in a low tone to Talwyn.

After which he slowed his pace so he was with Zhay, and Kalkyril.
Looking to Zhay, the aasimar said in a dead serious tone; "Zhay, I know what you're doing is for the best of both your men, and perhaps Lady Kalkyril. However, until we get a decent grasp on the situation, and we know who's not barking orders at each other for power dominance, please do your best to keep your cool, and remember what I taught you about social diplomacy; it may be a pain in the ass sometimes, but you play your cards right and you'll always come out on top. For now just try and keep your cool, and if at all possible, your Lady friend as well."
-------
Zhay looked to his mentor, but nodded understanding that now was not the time to argue about something insignificant. He then followed Veraka back to Kalkyril.
--------
Veraka came alongside Kalkyril, and turned to her;
"Lady Kalkyril; I am well aware of the fact that you come from a noble house and as such are used giving out commands and seeing them followed through, but until we have a firm grasp on the situation, I ask that you please leave the commanding of the guard to Zhay and of issuing orders blatantly to either T'risstree or Maryne. While I can understand your desire to make sure the situation in hand does not deteriorate and become a rampant chaotic mess, please try to refrain from having the same occurrence happen again, unless someone's life is immediate danger. This city is still rebuilding itself, and having two priestesses duking it out in a vocal power struggle in the streets does not help anyone here, especially those who still have the majority power vested in the city."

With that he turned and headed back up to the gates of House Helvighym.
---------
Zhay looked at his mentor as he made his way up to the gates, and then turned to Kalkyril.
"Ma'am, though I'm not normally one to go along with all of Veraka's suggestion's, he does bring up a valid point of Lith My'athar not being in the greatest of shape. Much of what we had here years ago is now either being rebuilt slowly, or is simply not at all, for the Lolthians have infiltrated every aspect of the city, except for the temple and the city guard, thank goodness; though what I would do to a Lolthian if I [b:3j1vys46]ever[/b:3j1vys46] found one among my soldiers ranks," he seethed, balling his fist until his knuckles popped.

Then he issued a low chuckle and leaned over to Kalkyril, and whispered "though, Mi'lady, it is an amusing thought of seeing Veraka's face when he really knows what I know."
---------
The aasimar made his way up to Maryne, T'risstree, Aurora, and Talwyn just as they arrived at the gates of House Helvighym. The gates open up, with all the silence that's afforded them by drow craftsmanship. Staring at the group from inside is drow female and a squad of well-armed soldiers.

[color=blue:3j1vys46]"Veraka my friend, I hope you have some friendly contacts here," he whispered to the Aasimar.[/color:3j1vys46]

Veraka chuckled to Talwyn, replying "Tal, how many times do [i:3j1vys46]you[/i:3j1vys46] come to a drow city, only to get to know the matron mother and her daughter of a house dedicated to the Dark Maiden, hmm?" The question itself was his answer.

This seemed to catch the female commander's attention, as she quickly shouted, "You, the shiny walking mountain; how do you know this place?"
Veraka strode up to the female and said in a flat tone "because I was invited in myself by Lady Zarstra Helvighym, ma'am."

The female's eyes widened as she knew who he was referring to, but her voice was still hard-edged; "and what proof of this 'invitation' do you have?"

The aasimar reached into a belt pouch, and pulled out a small, ornate keyring. The female went drop jaw, then quickly recovered.
"It's not every day we see one who is a friend of the House and an outsider all in one. Please, this way," she gestured toward the house entrance.
Veraka turned to Talwyn, T'risstree, Maryne, and the others and gave a decent smirk; "it's a good thing I kept this all those years."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

{{OOC: Alrighty. I won't be here for a few days, so I'm just going to move Maryne aside for now so that I can 're-enter' without all of that catching up when I get back. :P}}

[color=indigo:4v10epki][i:4v10epki]I don't trust her.[/i:4v10epki][/color:4v10epki]

Maryne nodded at T'risstree, turning to follow her as the priestess walked to House Helvighym. Simple thinking, really, to watch the priestess. She would make sure that no harm came to the city as best she could, and if it meant watching anybody that seemed suspicious, then she was hardly complaining.

At Aurora's statement, Maryne turned to regard her for a moment before walking away, wondering what she possibly could have meant.

Assuming that Talwyn was the name of T'risstree's lover, Maryne glanced back at the other female and the guard, as well as their captain. Trouble waiting to happen, she supposed, checking a sigh, as she walked to House Helvighym. Hopefulyy T'risstree could keep her anger in check until there was a way to separate those others.

[color=indigo:4v10epki][i:4v10epki]Oh, if only either of you knew what my dear aasimar friend is thinking right now, you might have asked him to lead on toward House Helvighym. After all, he does have access to it, it's just a matter of keeping a low profile with the key he was issued.
Lady T'risstree, I must confess that you handled that quite well, you were even able to get my younger aasimar brother to follow your command; a rarity indeed, knowing his stubborn personality. I also noticed you have certain golden armored paladin under your command and in your clutches as well, very commendable.[/i:4v10epki][/color:4v10epki]

After a few moments, she turned to T'risstree to see why she had not answered Aurora, then realised that the priestess could not hear her. "Dalninil, Aurora says that she approves of the way you handled the ... situation." she finished delicately, not enjoying the prospect of reminding T'risstree anymore than she had to about what had just happen.

[color=indigo:4v10epki]Veraka turned to Talwyn, T'risstree, Maryne, and the others and gave a decent smirk; "it's a good thing I kept this all those years."[/color:4v10epki] Thankful that the female drow was not going to cause a problem for entering House Helvighym, Maryne turned to glance back at the plaza one last time. As she did so, she saw the Stone that the city used as a clock, and her eyes widened as she realised the time. Stepping backwards, she murmured to T'risstree, "Dalninil, I fear I am late for duty at the temple. I must leave now, but I should have something for you tomorrow."

She dashed forward suddenly, shoving past a few of the guards as she set about on the quickest way to the temple. Vith, but this wasn't the first time she'd been late. She was going to be in trouble again.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

{OOC: have a nice time Arya *hugs* :) }

[color=indigo:1x10503t]"Dalninil, Aurora says that she approves of the way you handled the ... situation," Maryne finished delicately.[/color:1x10503t]

"Hmm? Who approves?" T'risstree blinked with mild confusion until she realised that Maryne was refering to the Winter Wolf.

"Oh...unnhh...thank you?" she said hesitently to the massive wolf.

She looked back at Maryne with a new respect as the girl had an amazing talent, that being she could speak with animals with her mind.

[color=indigo:1x10503t]Maryne turned to glance back at the plaza one last time. As she did so, she saw the Stone that the city used as a clock, and her eyes widened as she realised the time. Stepping backwards, she murmured to T'risstree, "Dalninil, I fear I am late for duty at the temple. I must leave now, but I should have something for you tomorrow."[/color:1x10503t]

This caught T'risstree off guard but she hid her disapointment.

"I understand sister. I will look for you later once you have completed your duties, devotions and chores at the main temple. Go with the goddess dalninil," she said with a smile. She watched as Maryne [color=indigo:1x10503t]dashed forward suddenly, shoving past a few of the guards as she set about on the quickest way to the temple. [/color:1x10503t]

She bit her lower lip for a second as she re-evaluated the situation. Maryne leaving meant that she no longer had someone who was more of a local than she was and she had started to rely on her a bit. Still, there was no turning back now.

She watched as Veraka spoke with the female, who was in charge of the gate defenses, agree to let them enter the house after he'd pulled out a token which obviously showed the mistresses favour for him.

She nodded with a small smile back to Veraka. At least they still had someone who could pave the way forward here.

"It is very helpful you do still have that token of friendship from this house. It saved a lot of negotiations and explainations as to our business here. Lets move inside and deal with the prisoner and the other matters." She turned and with a wave, motioned that the party should follow Veraka inside.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

[color=green:2fgxsyen]Veraka came alongside Kalkyril, and turned to her;
"Lady Kalkyril; I am well aware of the fact that you come from a noble house and as such are used giving out commands and seeing them followed through, but until we have a firm grasp on the situation, I ask that you please leave the commanding of the guard to Zhay and of issuing orders blatantly to either T'risstree or Maryne. While I can understand your desire to make sure the situation in hand does not deteriorate and become a rampant chaotic mess, please try to refrain from having the same occurrence happen again, unless someone's life is immediate danger. This city is still rebuilding itself, and having two priestesses duking it out in a vocal power struggle in the streets does not help anyone here, especially those who still have the majority power vested in the city."[/color:2fgxsyen]

Drawn from her silent, and soothing conversation with Charir, so skilled was the oft self-centered little Pseudodragon at pacifying his Mistress's anger, Kalkyril is found wearing a distant, thoughtful expression, initially. As Veraka's voice utters her name however, she is again attentive of the here and now. His request, before it is done, elicits the briefest flash of indignation, so brief though, it never quite makes itself visible or known, as the irrefutable logic, combined with such pleasant manners, sinks in. Already agreeable to the request, she next hears Zhay:

[color=indigo:2fgxsyen]"Ma'am, though I'm not normally one to go along with all of Veraka's suggestion's, he does bring up a valid point of Lith My'athar not being in the greatest of shape. Much of what we had here years ago is now either being rebuilt slowly, or is simply not at all, for the Lolthians have infiltrated every aspect of the city, except for the temple and the city guard, thank goodness; though what I would do to a Lolthian if I ever found one among my soldiers ranks," he seethed, balling his fist until his knuckles popped.

Then he issued a low chuckle and leaned over to Kalkyril, and whispered "though, Mi'lady, it is an amusing thought of seeing Veraka's face when he really knows what I know."[/color:2fgxsyen]

To the first part of this, she wears a smirk, realizing the two are working in concert to pacify her, and finds it somehow cute, perhaps because her little friend had done so much of that already. Realizing Veraka couldn't know about Charir yet, her smirk diminishes to a mild grin, and to his final, whispered comment, she partakes of a low chuckle as well. Then pats Zhay's shoulder, whispering back, "When you get done with any such insurgents, Charir wants to know if he can have the leftover meat."

All seriousness comes over her, when, well Zhay is waved to come closer, and it annoys her briefly, but she'll not be left standing alone, at the rear, and makes to accompany Zhay when he moves up toward the pair of priestesses, paladins, a host of house guards, one commander, and a bard... not many of those in dreary Underdark, perhaps once all the angst is settled, she will become better acquainted with him.

Nearing those gates, Kakyril's composure does not diminish, still carrying herself with confidence and a measure of pride, though keeping that in check, for now. Despite remembering the status of her Drow identity, being accused of being without Honor, it was sobering, and reminded her that a dragon's pride would likely seem overly haughty for the Drow she pretended to be.

[OOC: Worry not Lothir, for Pheurazath, is a Chaotic Neutral, leaning toward Good, but if for protection of those held dear, or self-defense is at stake, the occasional evil act is not beyond her. And if it matters to anyone, her prayers, primarily are directed toward Io, Aasterinian, and Astilabor.]
Primary (Pheurazath AKA Kalkyril Ilindl)
Secondary (Virgil Stahne -- A repentant Warlock)
Other Secondary (Skrach -- A rogue, a rat, touched by the best)
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He notices the strange female eyeing him, and glances back at her with his face unusually blank. He takes her measure carefully, wondering what it is that has his hackles up. <something about her is not quite right,> he thinks. <Familiar, but not right. Like she is hiding something...> He watches her every move as they all head into the House Veraka had mentioned, and it slowly dawns on him what is wrong. She moves like one unaccustomed to wearing clothes, and her steps seem too heavy and unnaturally loud for a drow.

(OOC: He's making a dual check- disguise{other} and sense motive)

At last it dawns on him where he has seen this before. <Vith it! She's a....) He stops, turning to her with a stunned but wary look, and says quietly. "Vendui, milady. My name is Lothir, formerly Ustdalharn of E'Terrin'dar, First House of Argonia in my home-world. I understand that you are without a House of your own at the moment, as am I. You seem- unused to being among other drow. May I ask why?" He says, fishing for some hint of the truth, but trying not to make it obvious.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Zhay feels a slight pat to his shoulder, and then hears Kalkyril’s posed question; [color=indigo:o343go49] "When you get done with any such insurgents, Charir wants to know if he can have the leftover meat."[/color:o343go49]

He smirked lightly, and replies; “if he so desires it, I’ll bring him the leftovers myself, though it depends on my mood that day too. He might end up with more meat sliced and diced than whole.”

It is then that the young warrior is flagged forward; Zhay proceeds forward to the others at the gate.

It is when Lothir steps forward and posses his question to Kalykril, Zhay tenses unknowing of what might happen next. The young warrior wasn’t sure how Kalykril would respond to the question, but he was confident, especially from what he’d seen already, that she’d keep her wits about her, and would respond in a fashion that was both clever and still not complete lye.

It was then that Zhay noticed that his mentor was staring at him, but with a wry grin on his face; he saw Veraka shake his head at Zhay for his genuinely protective demeanor. The young warrior broke off the gaze, and turned his head away.

[i:o343go49]What am I thinking; I’m becoming almost overly protective of her. Blast it all! [/i:o343go49] he thought to himself.
---------------
[color=indigo:o343go49]"It is very helpful you do still have that token of friendship from this house. It saved a lot of negotiations and explanations as to our business here. Let’s move inside and deal with the prisoner and the other matters."[/color:o343go49]

Veraka smiled back to T’risstree’s comment; “well, I never was one to throw away friendships, and being here when this house was in need of help, one remembers such actions and friends well. Besides, it was here that I trained Zhay to the best of my ability,” he made gesture towards the young warrior as he came up with
Kalkyril on his tail.

“Well enough of history for one day, I believe that we were here to get a couple things answered, so let’s do so. . . .” he paused, looking at his pupil’s reaction as Lothir asks Lady Kalkyril.

“Interesting,” he says to himself in a low tone, giving Zhay a good stare down. His pupil meets his eyes, and he gives a wry smile, shaking his head at Zhay.

Turning to the House guard commander, he says “Well ma’am thank you for allowing us entry to House Helvighym. If you didn't know, I am Veraka Orden, Champion of the Dragon-Father,” He bows slightly for formalities sake.

The female turns to Veraka with a smile, “the pleasure is mine, for it is not often we receive one who has earned the friendship and trust of Lady Helvighym; and please Veraka, call me Vanasia, guard captain and priestess in training,” said Vanasia, returning the aasimar’s bow with a curt nod.

“Please, this way,” she gestures as the mighty doors to House Helvighym open up by themselves, the magical defenses being brought down by the keyring of Veraka’s. She leads the way as her guard remains at their posts, while Veraka made his way inside, following her lead.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

Talwyn had ended up standing next to T'risstree after Maryne had left to return to her duties.

He gave her a look and a slight nod to indicate she step closer to him.

"Are you alright T'riss? I ask because I'm concerned and if there is something I should know then I will be better able to help you if you need it. I've spoken to Veraka and we think that everyone needs to calm down a touch, especially now that we are going to be guests in someone elses house," he whispered quietly.

At first she glared at him but immediately her irritation passed.

She was going to say something but they both were distracted by unfolding events nearby.

Intructions were made and Guard Captain Vanasia signaled that they should follow her inside.

As everyones attention was focused on the capatin and Veraka, Talwyn briefly took T'risstree's hand in his and gave it a gentle affectionate squeeze then let go before anyone noticed.

He could sense her inner smile as she glanced at him for a second, the light of love in her eyes. She looked much calmer now and he hoped she'd be able to maintain a level head.

The party walked inside the large openning and entered House Helvighym properly.

It was a splendid building filled with expensive ornaments, strange decorations and fittings that he'd never seen beofre. Globes of Faerie fire hung from the vaulted ceiling and elegant and equisitly crafted furniture was tastefully arranged through the entry hall.

He marveled at the opulance and extravegance and thought that if this was a small drow city, and if this was a moderately powerful house, then what would a very powerful one be like? This house made the kings palace in Cormyr look like a rustic tavern! The amount of wealth that was on display was astounding to him.

"Incredible, unbelievable," he murmured as his eyes took in the splendor of a drow noble house.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

[OOC: Before we continue further, I would like to pause for a bit, as various matters are discussed privately between I and other players concerning where the RP is going, people who want to join in, and so forth.

Also, I would like to say this to all, as I suspect this may come up again, and perhaps frequently in this RP thread, but in the future, if anyone is intending to use opposed Skill or Spell checks against other PCs, please first, send a PM to them and ask before posting success or failure. For some of these, it might be of little concern, others might like a chance to counter the check. Obviously though, this requires we all be honest about rolling out checks. If anyone doesn't have the Dice, here's a handy tool from the WotC website. [url:21ko43my]http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20040517a[/url:21ko43my] ]

PS. *freaks out OMG-OMG-OMG* Was writing up a character sheet for Pheurazath, and after figuring out how their Racial Class levels work, and how they accrue skill points within it, I have found at her present age, it comes to 198 points with 14 racial class skills, most of which are complimentary to sorcerer skills. I never wrote up a dragon PC before, and I thought Rogues were heavy on skill-points.
Last edited by Pheurazath on Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

{OOC: I agree that pausing is a good idea.

edit: already ahead of you big V :p

moving OOC post to ooc thread :) }
Last edited by T'risstree Helviiryn on Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((Hey guys, I know I might be a little bit of prud saying this, but, if any of us puts up more OOC comments might I suggest that we make a thread in the OOC forum as that is what it is there for. It could help us keep track of who's gonna be with us and who's going on break, just a suggestion :D ))
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Pheurazath
Regular

Post by Pheurazath »

OOC: Sorry for delays, needed time to think about some of this.

IC:

She does not fail to notice Zhay's protectiveness, uncaring whether it is for sense of duty for his unofficial new station, or something deeper, for both are well-placed, and she will surely nurture both as their relationship grows. Certainly though, Lothir's question catches her a little more by surprise, than all the previous inquiries of her identity. It's insightful, knowing perhaps too much, and yet, there is hope.

She allows herself an expression of surprise, but before it can become one of fear, her calculating mind is wrapping around the situation, along with the aid of Charir's telepathic interjections. Instead, the surprise only turns to intrigue, while she offers, "Do I? Well, I have been removed from the company of others, aside from a small host of kobold slaves, for some time. When our house fell out of favor, and the imminent threats of destruction became apparent, I decided it prudent to seclude myself within a private hide-away, and use the kobolds to spy on events within the city. Perhaps I have spent too long among their wretched kind, and some of their behaviors has.... how the rivvil call it, rubbed off on me?"

Avoiding introductions, this time, she lets the matter be, suspecting he might be versed in House names enough to know hers never existed. Before she turns to follow the others, there is a peculiar glare given to Lothir, brief, and with her back to the others, also private, that carries with it a sort of warning, forbidding the bard, to dare probing any further, whether for believing her tale, or still suspecting her true nature.

It's not really hurting anyone, the dragon playing her desired alternate identity, would it be worth the trouble of the exposure, while she is playing nice...?

That question remains for Lothir's actions to answer, Kalkyril turns from him, and proceeds to follow the rest of her companions, also a hint eager to be away from so many suspicious glances, hoping to find a suitable location to set up her new House, and settle in.
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

T'risstree smiled as she watched Talwyn's reaction to the beauty of the decore of the Drow noble house.

Her feelings swung though to melancholy as she recalled her own home, lost and destroyed not so long ago. As she walked through the entry chamber her breath caught as sights, sounds and smells brought back vivid memories of her recent past. A surge of emotions well up within her, threatening to send her into tearful reverie.

She stopped and took Talwyn's hand, turned to him and standing on her tiptoes she leaned up and whispered softly in his ear.

"My love, I can not stay here. This place....it....it reminds me of all that I once had. I know we have to speak with the Mistress of the house but I...I am not ready." She hestitated and looked into his eyes with a glance that said "get me out of here". She knew he would agree.

She turned back and spoke quickly.

"Veraka. friend Lothir....Kalkyrin," she added after a moment, "I regret that I can not accompany you any further. I...I have remembered that I have other things that I have to deal with. Please give my respects to the Mistress of this House and I will call again another day. May the goddess be with you," she said to them then turned back to Talwyn.

"Good Knight Captain, would you escort me back to the Inn of the Dark Dancer?"
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

Talwyn was entranced by the alien beauty and elegance of the entry chamber and did not notice the sudden mood swing in T'risstree until she stopped him and spoke.

[color=indigo:io0led7o][i:io0led7o]"My love, I can not stay here. This place....it....it reminds me of all that I once had. I know we have to speak with the Mistress of the house but I...I am not ready." She hestitated and looked into his eyes with a glance that said "get me out of here".[/i:io0led7o][/color:io0led7o]

He blinked and was taken aback at this sudden change in her demenour but it was obvious to him that she needed to leave here as there was something here that was upsetting her. Before he had chance to reply T'risstree turned and spoke to the rest of the party.

[color=indigo:io0led7o][i:io0led7o]"Veraka. friend Lothir....Kalkyrin," she added after a moment, "I regret that I can not accompany you any further. I...I have remembered that I have other things that I have to deal with. Please give my respects to the Mistress of this House and I will call again another day. May the goddess be with you," she said to them then turned back to Talwyn.

"Good Knight Captain, would you escort me back to the Inn of the Dark Dancer?" [/i:io0led7o][/color:io0led7o]

"It will be an honour and a priviledge to escort you back to the Inn my Lady," he said with a warm smile and offered her the crook of his right arm which she took. He turned back to the others.

"My appologies comrades but the lady has made a request of me which I must obey. I bid you farewell and will no doubt see you later back at the Inn." He nodded and smiled to Veraka and Lothir and gave a brief polite nod to Kalkyrin.

Together, he and T'risstree walked back out of House Helvighym and re-entered the city.

"As much as I wanted to follow through on finding out who had sanctioned the attack on Veraka and myself, another time will suffice my love," he said gently and gave her hand a tiny reassuring squeeze.

He wondered what had set her off but knew that asking now would be a mistake. Patience and privacy was the right way to get to the heart of the problem with her.

She said nothing on their uneventful journey back to the Inn. They kept a careful eye out for any dangers and were only met by the odd glances of other Drow who were unused to the sight of a human knight in golden armour walking arm in arm with a Drow woman in service of Eilistraee. No doubt this would become a gossip topic firing up the rumour mills around the city but Talwyn didn't care.

They reached the Inn and entered once more the luxurious interior.

Mistress Sassandra looked up from her desk and blinked in slight surprise at the sight of the unusual couple and then smiled at them.

"Good evening Sir Talwyn, Priestess Helviiryn, it is a pleasure to see you both again," she said with geniune warmth.

"Good eve to you Mistress Sassandra. The Lady Helviiryn and I will be retiring to my room and do not wish to be disturbed. Could you have some food and wine sent up as well please?" he asked.

"Of course. I will have a dinner hamper and wine brought up to you immediately and will cast a minor cantrip on you door which will show that you want your privacy," Sassandra replied with a merry smile. She pressed a small button and a serving drow girl came out. With just a nod she understood what was required and set off in a hurry to the kitchens.

Sassandra could see that these two were in love. T'risstree had picked an odd choice for her mate but the goddess always smiled on those in love and so Sassandra would make sure that their happiness came first. She noted that T'risstree had a distant look in her eyes but when she looked occasionally at Talwyn, her eyes shone with the glow of looking at the one you love.

She led them upstairs to Talwyn's suite and ushered them inside. The serving girl appeared moments later with a small trolley. On it was an ice bucket with chilled wine. Next to it was a hamper filled with tasty snacks and treats.

"I bid you happiness and warmth," Sassandra said to the lovers as she departed, closing the doors and casting the cantrip upon them.

Talwyn removed his helmet and arm guards and turned back to T'risstree who was examining the food.

"That looks tasty," he said as she looked back at him with a raised eyebrow. "The food I mean," he added with a cheeky grin.
She poked out her tongue and took a piece of fruit from the hamper.

"Hmm..I think I'm hungry now," he said as she dangled the fruit in front of her lips. He leaned down and bit into the fruit then kissed her hungrily.

[OOC: ok I'm out for now. It's pretty obvious that Tal & T'riss will be incomunecado for a while ;) so carry on lads and lassies, we'll catch up later 8) ]
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The young bard listens to Kalkyril's reply, a tiny smile playing at the edge of his lips as he notes the hint of nervousness, and the odd timbre of her voice that only a well-trained musician with a good ear would catch. (OOC: Listen =28 {6 sp + +4 mod, + roll})

He catches her glare, and gives her a nearly imperceptible wink and a slightly exagerated bow. "As you say, Jabbress. I would like to speak to you privately later, however. Perhaps I might even be of assistance in RE-familiarizing yourself with the social nuances of city life?" he suggests, emphasizing the word in such a way to let her know that he does not believe her tale but is willing to let it slide for now.

He continues to follow the others inside the House, and after a moment adresses her again. "You know, I'm really not familiar with many of the Houses of this world- since the only drow I've had contact with were all on the surface until now. Perhaps you could tell me more of yours? The ones back home seem very different from what is found here."