The Journey to Dambrath

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

User avatar
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:17 pm

Postby Gareth Ravenmantle » Fri May 28, 2010 7:56 pm

OOC: Lol, I just googled "Teifling Male" I needed a new image, it was a really cool one that suited me perfectly.

User avatar
NyssaRilynana
Traveler
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:29 pm
Contact:

Postby NyssaRilynana » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:14 pm

OOC: Sorry, I've been moving and it was a holiday. Moving things right along....

The party rode through the day. The mountain looming ahead was fast approaching. Nyssa's senses went on alert as they passed markers put up by the goblin hoards to warn trespassers. She noticed the other party members and they too seems to be on alert. Last time she came from Dambrath, she had taken the sea route and it had been so long since she journeyed that she forgot what used to lie ahead.

She tapped Gareth on the shoulder so he would slow down. "Should we stop to rest now?"
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~

User avatar
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:17 pm

Postby Gareth Ravenmantle » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:53 pm

"As you wish My lady Nyssa." Gareth tapped Thade twice on the ear, he stopped near a big oak tree, Gareth climbed down gently, and offered Nyssa a hand getting down. "We should rest here, its getting very near sundown, and we have been traveling hard." Gareth pulled out a tent in the long side pack, hanging from Thade's sattle and began to pitch it by the oak. "Everyone have food, or should the men go out and hunt?" Gareth teased.

User avatar
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1444
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:30 am
Location: Panama City, FL
Contact:

Postby Inriiaynrae Jaelre » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:12 am

ariali, who had switched to her wolf form, slowed as she noticed those behind her stop. they had gone a good distance, but she was use to the running for long periods of time. she motioned to Aurora that the group had stopped and she headed back to them.

the lythari neared as she heard the teifling speak of hunting. that was something she could do. she might not fight, but hunting, she was good at. she sat on her hunches, still as a black wolf and watched as the others set up a camp for rest.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya

User avatar
NyssaRilynana
Traveler
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:29 pm
Contact:

Postby NyssaRilynana » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:28 pm

Nyssa dismounted Thade and turned to Gareth. "Why should the men go out and hunt. I believe Ariali and I are just as capable as you, if not more so." She stroked Thade's mane. She would swear the stead was smiling at her.

As she looked around, she realized that they had made it further than she had hoped. The mountain pass they needed to take was just ahead.
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Postby veraka » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:17 pm

Aurora, catching Ariali slow down outta the corner of her eye, skidded to a halt. Seeing her Lythari friend indicate that she should head back to the group, the winter wolf followed Ariali back to the camp where she saw everyone was getting set in to stay the night, so she plopped down beside the Lythari.

She noted where Veraka and Onix had stopped and were breathing rather heavily, but neither of them looked worse for wear, they were just slightly winded.
To be expected, I suppose. Though I fail to see why he insists on continuing this little game with that odd armored alien fellow, Onix? Aurora asked, more so to Ariali than anyone else.


The aasimar and clone were both taking deep breaths to slow their heart-rates down. Onix removed his helmet, and wiped an armored forearm across his brow, taking a good amount of sweat from it.
"Well, Veraka; I must say, you definitely have the stamina of a runner, but is that how you were trained?" the clone inquired.
The warrior unpacked his rations for travel, and proceeded to munch on an apple, tossing one to Onix; "If by 'how I was trained', you mean that I was essentially beat to near death from the time I could stand tell I was an adolescent and forced to run for hours on end, in frigid weather, then yes, that is how I was trained." That last statement made the clone stop dead in his actions.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

User avatar
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Postby Aylstra Illianniis » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:31 am

Lothir slides wearily off the big black as they cme to a halt, moving stiffly. "Thank the gods we're stopping. Don't think I could stand another minute on that horse- no offence Lady Zarae, or to Moonlight, but my butt just was not made for riding-" He pauses, suddenly realizing what he just said, and looks embarrassed for a moment. "Well, not THAT kind of riding, anyway..." He finishes with a sheepish grin.

At the mention of hunting, he sighs. "It's just as well the ladies can hunt, since I was never much good at it, myself. Fortunately, I have rations enough to last for a few days, at least."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188

User avatar
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:28 am
Location: Chipley, FL, US
Contact:

Postby Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:54 am

Moonlight paused as they stopped. after Lothir slid off, she too did, and allowed her mount to graze.
She turned around to hear the bards joke. she chuckled and shook her head.
She noticed the setting up of tents, realizing they planned to rest longer than she would have guessed. but she didnt mind. a night, hopefully, full of stories and fun. something she hadnt really been apart. her first real traveling upon the surface realms was a serious situation with resucing a village and fighting the heavy winter snow and enemies the whole way. She then took real notice in the large wolf that was among them, but said nothing.
Zarae subconsciously checked her hood, yanking it a bit, and walked twords the group, yet stayed twords the back as the rest unloaded and got 'set up'.
Image
signature made by Larlan

~Character~

User avatar
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Postby Aylstra Illianniis » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:10 am

He begins helping set up the camp, gathering firewood and inspecting the area for possible ambush points by unfriendly creatures. After finishingwith that, he sets out a small rolled bag, and opens it to reveal several small pouches filled with herbs.

"I may not be much of a hunter, but at the least, I can cook whatever the rest of you catch!" He says, pulling out two small steel pots. "And if someone would find some water, I can make tea, as well."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188

User avatar
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:17 pm

Postby Gareth Ravenmantle » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:03 pm

Gareth chuckles, If that is what you think, Then i suppose i can take the burden of lying down and resting, as well as searching for firewood." Gareth walked over to the oak, And picked up many of the fallen branches, He put them down, Dug the fire pit, and set them in. Lit a match and set it in.

"We now have fire for the night."

User avatar
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:28 am
Location: Chipley, FL, US
Contact:

Postby Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:15 pm

Zarae, wanting to be useful, scouted around for anything unusual, as she guessed the bard was also. as returning, she noticed a small burrow not far from them. soft noises were heard deep in there, and her curosity had her check it out.
she peered into the darkness to see a unusual animal with its young. the young drowess hadnt seen many surface animals or knew about their behavior. she noticed the creatures markings looked like she was wearing a mask and had a striped tail with a greyish coat.
"vendui little fellow, what are you?" she said softly. the animal looked up at her with large golden eyes and not too happy with her. it bared its teeth and took a guard position over the basically hairless pink young.
Zarae backed up a step as the mother continued forward.
"your an agressive little thing aint you?"
Image
signature made by Larlan

~Character~

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Postby veraka » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:42 am

Veraka, noticing Zarae had stumbled upon a mother with her young, got up and walked over to her. The tall warrior came up and said "she's just protecting her younglings, much like I think most of us would do were we in the same position."


At the same time, Onix, hearing Lothir's comment about making tea, pulled out a couple of water-skins and made his way over to the bard; "you said you needed water?" he asked as he came up to Lothir, "well, here we are." He extended the water-skins to the bard, at least a couple of gallons worth of water all together.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

User avatar
NyssaRilynana
Traveler
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:29 pm
Contact:

Postby NyssaRilynana » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:59 pm

Nyssa, staying true to form, decided to hunt. She put down her items and arranged her supplies when a foreign noise caught her ear. She turn her head swiftly, just time to see a large pair of green eyes staring at her through the trees.

"Jeez, Cymus. Don't try to scare me like that." She breathed a sigh of relief as she as she paused to listen to Cymus's inner voice.

"The Goblins are coming!" She whispered loudly across the camp. She picked up her bow and moved in closer towards everyone else.

"Cymus said they spotted us as set up camp. Two tribes working somewhat in unison. A little over 50 goblins are head this way, some from the north and some from the northeast. Can any scouts confirm this?"
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Postby veraka » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:18 pm

Aurora perked her ears up at hearing the druidess, and immediately set out to find a perch to look for these goblins. Finding a rock outcropping of some height, about 150 meters away from the camp, the great winter wolf leaped on top of it, and started scouring the area for their unwanted guests.

Her keen wolf eyes found their targets; just as Nyssa had reported, about fifty.
The great white wolf sent a telepathic message back to Veraka, confirming her sightings.


Back at the camp, Veraka unsheathed Marala Vharc with in a split second, hearing Aurora's communique. Turning to Nyssa, he said, "It looks like you're animal companion's sightings were not off. Aurora, my winter wolf friend, just confirmed their numbers and position; so what now, Nyssa. This is your little adventure, so, in my eye, you're the commander here."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

User avatar
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:28 am
Location: Chipley, FL, US
Contact:

Postby Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:47 pm

((fri i'll be heading out. but i will post when i can. Zarae can be in the back ground fighting and killing. and follow when heading off.))

Zarae looked back to the approaching warrior. (she not quite at camp)
"what is it?" she asked.
but she sensed something not right. Vanishing from sight she levitated above and the trees and then noticed the groups coming as the warning came out.
"thats alot of stinking goblins," she mumbled to herself.
she scolded herself for not doing her job. she pulled out a throwing dagger and watched. Zarae shadow jumped twords the group. she thought for a second.
"i got an idea."
her hands moved and a 'dragon' appeared, tho he was barely seen and made of shadow stuff itself.
"it might slow them, given them pause for yall to attack."

(shadow illusion- a class feat, level 3.)
Image
signature made by Larlan

~Character~


Return to “Roleplaying”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron