The Journey to Dambrath

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix was lying up a good twenty feet up in a tree, relaxing his body and enjoying what views he could when his senses went to full alert as a tanto knife flew at him. His arm lashed out, deftly catching the flying weapon by the blade in between his armored fingers. Looking down, he saw the cause of the commotion; Veraka Orden, a recent friendly acquaintance of his, stood there in his platinum dragon-scale plate armor.

"And what was that for?" Onix asked in a melancholy tone as he thew the knife back at Veraka.
"Too get your big high-tech ass outta that tree," the aasimar replied as he snatched the knife outta the air and shoved it back into it's sheath.
With a swift jump, the clone launched himself out of the tree; engaging Strength mode, Onix landed a few feet from Veraka and Aurora.
"Good, now let's get over to that area, eh." He pointed toward the gathering group that was getting prepped to leave.
"Well then, let's go over and see if they need some assistance?" Onix said, giving a smile to the aasimar as him, the clone, and Aurora made their way over to the group that was about to gathering to leave.

Recognizing one of the group to be an old friend, Onix called out to him, "Lothir, you old fool; now what in blue blazes are you doing here!?"
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa silently approaches Gareth and his mount. She hesitates. "I am not accustomed to taking rides from beings I don't know." She reaches out to the horse and strokes it mane, telepathically asking it's name.
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

The horse looks at her and seems to almost give a smile, and responds telepathically; "Hello Nyssa, My name is Thade, Hop on il be gentile." Gareth promtly gives him a light smack on the head, "Ey, Thats not how you talk to a lady."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix and Veraka continue their strode up to the group, Aurora tagging along right to Veraka's left.
At hearing Onix call out to a drow he recognizes to be Lothir, Veraka shakes his head and continues forward, seeing a few familiar faces among the group, the most recognizable being a Ariali, his and Aurora's Lythari friend from a way's back, as well as the young noble drowess Zarae that he had helped out on a couple of occasions.

"Well this outta be interesting, Onix; not only to you have past acquaintances, but it seems that I do to." He indicates Ariali and Zarae with a point of his gloved hand. Seeing Ariali up among the groups ranks, Aurora races up to her, and bumps the Lythari with her nose, saying [i:1ij1rujw]Hey, what are you doing here?[/i:1ij1rujw] Aurora's ice-blue eyes seem to light up at seeing her friend.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

[i:2g9fhx2c]"Thank you for the ride, Thade," Nyssa smiled. "I am not accustomed to keeping a mount. I usually ride wild horses and only for a limited period of time.[/i:2g9fhx2c]

"Alright everyone," she spoke loudly. "It's first light. Let's see how far we can get until high noon." She pointed to the mountains, barely visible beyond the tops of the trees. "The Vast starts at those mountains. We can probably make it there by tomorrow. There are goblin caves in those mountains, so be prepared as we get closer to them. We'll be taking the Gold Road east until Thay."

Nyssa signals to everyone to mount up. "As we get closer to places [i:2g9fhx2c] I know[/i:2g9fhx2c] are dangerous, I will warn you to get into a formation. I think the best one is to have scouts and rogues toward the center. Tanks, stay close to the front. Casters in the middle and end of the pack. Let's move out people."

Nyssa mounts Thade behind Gareth. She reajusted her pack and put on her hood. She turned her head so she could see her party, then touches Gareth's back gently, signaling him that they could begin their journey.

((OOC: now is good time to message me with an monsters you would like to encounter. let me know what land they are native to so I can properly write it into the story.))
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Ariali had been ahead of the group scouting the trail. so focused she was, that she heard the wolf just as Aurora bumped her.
"[i:38p4cn3l][color=red:38p4cn3l]Aurora! yall joined in then?[/color:38p4cn3l][/i:38p4cn3l]" she said as she rubbed a hand on the wolf white pelt.
"[i:38p4cn3l][color=red:38p4cn3l]just scouting ahead. welcome to do so also[/color:38p4cn3l][/i:38p4cn3l]."
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"We ride to Dambrath then!" Thade then took off at a high speed for some horses, He was going for a light jog, But Gareth didn't want to lose the others behind him, Thade knowing much of the land, Knew the way to Dambrath, He had traveled with Gareth for 2 years now, And before that he was a roaming horse, Often traveling out into the deserts. "We'll get there in no time at all!"
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora nodded at Ariali, saying [i:6yj1jhvt]Yeah, Veraka decided to tag along, as did that odd fellow named Onix; so here I am.[/i:6yj1jhvt] The great Winter Wolf paced the Lythari in step as Veraka and Onix took the vanguard positions, as Nyssa recommended, and then, at the sound of pounding hooves, broke into a run, both of them keeping the pace of the galloping mounts behind them.

Both of the tall warriors kept ahead of the new, and now, traveling group, planting one foot in front of the other and keeping their feet in a rythmic pace as they both ran full force to their new destination.

"Two drinks, on me, says you won't last half the trip without a mount," Onix jeered at the aasimar.

"I'll match that bet," the storm warrior replied, not missing a beat.

"You're on," the clone replied happily, keeping his muscles pumping as his legs propelled him at Veraka's fast pace.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
J'dia Silverblade
Maid
Maid

Post by J'dia Silverblade »

[font=papyrus:20z4ryhd]Maelstrom strode forward Just as the rest, although for some reason, his hooves made freakishly little amount of sound against the trail. You could feel the excitement in his aura, see it in the way he moved--and also in J'dia as well, the glint in his single crimson eye, the smirk that tugged at the corner of his mouth. Although he would not say it, he was just as eager for such a journey... For sure he was that there would be quite a bit of excitement, of the likes he'd not had in quite a while.[/font:20z4ryhd]
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae nodded to the newest to join the group.
then Moonlight followed the other mounts off twords the first leg of their destination. His gait was smooth and easy compared to most horses. his long silver mane flowed behind him and it was clear he was enjoying the run.
Zarae wanted to pull her hood back, to feel the wind blowing past her face, to feel the warmth of the sun her people hated. but she wanted to make sure they had accepted her first. it usually was a long lengthy process explaining everything.
she turned her head slightly to the male behind her, "ok back their?"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"Old?! Onix, for Lady's sake, I'm ONLY seventy-six!" the bard laughs, then gives him a sly wink. "And there are ladies present- what do you THINK I'm doing here? SOMEONE has to keep them safe from that old 'devil' over there!" He says, nodding toward Gareth with a grin.

As they start off, he hears Zarae's question, and nods, though he is holding onto her tighter than one might expect. "I'm fine, so long as no one tries to shoot this magnificent creature out from under me. Horses do make me a bit nervous, since I ended up pinned under the last one with a broken ankle and my sister looming over me. NOT a fond memory."

He gives a long look at the strange male who has been so silent, but finally shrugs, turning his attention back to the others. "So, Gareth, when did you turn over a new leaf?" He asks, curious. He gives Ariali a polite nod, and waves to Veraka and onix as they ride past the two.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"Well, I had this mission, To hunt down some holy artifacts in hell, If they were in the demon's hands it could spill all the nightmare and terrors into our world, after i hunted down all the artifacts i had a deadly brush with a water wraith, That somehow took control of a lake of lava, With my normal efforts as a ranger, I barely escaped. So i decided to forget being a ranger, and hone my combat skills even further. It really was a great choice."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"Well, good luck to you in that, my friend. I've often wondred if I should have chosen a different path myself, but when itcomes down to it, I just can't see myself giving up my music- or anything that goes wih it." He replies to Gareth's tale, and gives him an encouraging nod.

OOC: Gareth, I didn't say this before, but I love your new pic- that's so cool! Where did you find that one? It's so YOU!!!
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae chuckled, tho she did notice his arms tighter than she would have guessed. tho it had been a bit odd. mainly b/c that was the 'closest' to a male she had really been, apart sneaking out into the city with her twin brother and causes mischief. but she said nothing, reasoning he wasnt so comfortable with riding.
"well, if anyone tries to shoot out Moonlight, they might have to fear some of our 'legendary vengeance,'" she said in a light manor, but true none-the-less.

seeing the two running, she had to ask calling out to them, "do yall plan to run the whole way?"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix and Veraka, still zooming ahead of the group at the vanguard positions, heard Zarae's question. Veraka was about to respond, but Onix beat him to the punch.
"Well Zarae, both of us are battle-hardened warriors, who are used to endurance-type fighting. I come from a perfectly blended vat of elven and human DNA, so I get the best of both worlds, plus my armor gives me an huge boost in physical stamina, so I'm not worried about coming up short-breathed," the clone called back to the drowess.

He continued, "as for Veraka, I believe that he was raised to endure this kinda physical exhaustion since he was able to stand. I believe that is what barbarians on Toril train for? Plus, him being the lumbering hulk that he is, I can't see him getting tired yet, afterall, if he does get tired out, he'll be buying me the next rounds whenever we next get the chance to sit down and drink," Onix said with a hint of delight in his voice.

Aurora paced Ariali in speed as the two scouted ahead of the group; [i:12ypwvmg]So, how have things been while I haven't been around?[/i:12ypwvmg]
Characters:

Veraka

Onix