The Journey to Dambrath

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

The Journey to Dambrath

Post by NyssaRilynana »

[i:3dr3q7r9]Here begins the journey of Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana to Dambrath to a settlement called Isto Elemmiire. It is just south of the Forest of Amtar which rests on the border of Dambrath and The Shaar. For purposes of this Journey, we will assume the road begins in Dalelands. Our journey will take us EAST through The Vast, Thesk, and Thay. Then South through Mulhorand, The Shaar and finally to Dambrath. Here is a [url=http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/P ... y:3dr3q7r9]map[/url:3dr3q7r9].

This will be a long journey. So be prepared for it to move slow at times. We will be stopping at temples of Eilistraee (which are few and far between) to share the scroll Nyssa received from her mother. It is an account of the death of a cleric. With her dying breathe in in her own blood, she named her attackers by house and race. The scroll is to only be seen by The Dark Ladies' Clerics.

[b:3dr3q7r9]Rules[/b:3dr3q7r9]
To be a part of this campaign, you must;

1)[b:3dr3q7r9] Sign In [url=viewtopic.php?t=1750:3dr3q7r9]here[/url:3dr3q7r9][/b:3dr3q7r9]

2) Post before we leave. This requires you to read. If you sign in but we have left already, PM ME and remind me to me to make a stop so you can catch up to us.

3) If you have any ideas for foes and places we should encounter on our trip to Dambrath, please PM me. DO NOT just post in the thread.

4) No killing people who didn't attack you first.

5) If you do not participate in the Journey, you will be ignored if you 'appear' in Dambrath hoping to help with the Vengeance.

6) If you begin the journey and leave (or take a separate route), you will still be welcome into the group if you 'appear' in Dambrath.

[/i:3dr3q7r9]
Last edited by NyssaRilynana on Mon May 17, 2010 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa gathered her things and sat at the edge of the road, waiting for her companions. She never expected so many to accompany her. She was grateful and frightened for she knew not all of them followed the path of the Dark Maiden. She didn't know what to expect but she trusted that they would be as helpful as they could.

She pulled her lute and began to play a prayer song. She asked for safety as they traveled and joy to uplift their spirits especially hers. The song called to those who would protect them and bade them to watch over her as she slept and to not let the pain in her heart cloud her judgement.

As the sun rose, she could see the outline of the town glow in it's light. She was temporarily at peace and was eager to start her journey.

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Gareth shambled out of his room for the night in the inn, And staggered down the stairs, groggy still from the night, He quickly remembered the journey, He slipped on his armor, and put his helmet in his pack, He grabbed the Sica from the table in the room, and sheathed it, tucked it into his side, and made for the downstairs room, He turned and thought he saw Nyssa at a table, So he tuned his pace to the table, and sat down. He flipped through a menu and looked over some of the meals, He decided for breakfast he would have a bottle of brandy, Explaining to the waiter it helps him wake up in the morning, And he would have some bacon and eggs to go with it. He looked out a window and saw that it was not Nyssa, He hopped up, and apologized for the disturbance, He grabbed his meal and ate on the way out. He jogged out the door and met up with Nyssa.

"Morning everyone, Its a beautiful for adventure, and we might need to make our way soon enough. I can't wait."
J'dia Silverblade
Maid
Maid

Post by J'dia Silverblade »

[font=papyrus:yxpybskw]'Twas with a sort of Subtle elegance that the darkly clad figure parted seamlessly from the shadows not far away. There had been talk of journey to be had... And he was, indeed, quite the journeyer. One day, he had always been told that his curiosity would get the better of him, and get him into trouble.. come to think of it, it already had, on several occasions. The memories brought a soft smirk to his expression, but nonetheless he walked onwards, as quiet and calm as the night from which he had come.

The soothing ambiance of a starting day was always a tune which pleased him, but today another tune reached him, one that sparked within him an interest, and his never-sated curiosity. Silently he chided himself, but couldn't help but to wonder what it was. Following his ears, he sought out the source of the sound--A lute, it appeared, played by a silver-haired woman by the side of the road. Although he did not know what the tune was for, he stopped, leaning against a nearby tree to listen, closing his eyes for a few moments until the song came to an end.

At that point he approached the woman, offering a small smile. "Hello there," he would say. His voice was deep, but smooth, hinting at a something hidden within him. A single crimson eye gazed at hers as he spoke, the other covered by a silken patch and a few strands of hair unseen. "What brings you out so early this morn?"[/font:yxpybskw]
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

OOC: Dude, Sign in here viewtopic.php?p=30156#30156
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Ariali had few belongings, despite traveling to numerous worlds and realms. coin didnt make much of a difference among a nomadic clan. she picked up her weapons, ones she rarely used and hooked the chakram to her belt.
Ariali looked into the mirror and shook her head. she washed her face, then ran a hand thru her burgandy hair before turning to exit the small room.
she smirked at herself. staying inside a building like a 'civilized' person. her clan would think her weak. but she didnt care. she already had her mother not happy with her traveling as it was. the Silver Shadow clan was small and "needed" her was always the excuse used. and being lythari out there... Ariali shrugged. maybe the Lady wanted her here for something; she hoped so. the truth was she wasnt content to just stay. she wanted to do more than just travel she wanted to adventure, something few lythari did.
She made her way thru the crowds, careful to stay inconspicious. ahead she saw Nyssa and Gareth already gathered with someone she didnt recognize. She walked over twords them as she heard the flute, "hello everyone."
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Tue May 18, 2010 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((i hope this is ok for an introduction))

Zarae rubbed Moonlights neck as he strode thru the forest.
"I know you hate towns, but I need to get some supplies."
Moonlight neighed but he usually agreed with her. every since she had 'rescued' him from that stable he continued to follower her. the rogue leaned back on his back. the breeze was calm and refreshing, and surprisingly warm. she threw back her hood to allow it to blow thru her red streaked silver hair. the sun warmed her face and she welcomed its light as it peaked over the horizon.

Zarae loved the surface, even if most the surface world hated her race. she had been in the light above for just over a year. and this realm never stopped amazing her. why did her people want to stay below?
the sun was climbing now, and brightly filtering thru the tree canopy. but it didnt bother her, not like it should have. despite having been raised in the drow city of Lith My'athlar, the sunless realm of the underdark, she had recieved a blessing from the Queen of Spiders. and that blessing had also come with a curse. the mark of such blessing/curse was visible upon her face to those with magical sight, a scarlet spider tattoo that she couldnt remove. the curse for turning from Lloth was to always be hunted and people close to her normally were killed.

she sighed as she neared the signs of a village ahead. she pulled her hood back on grudgingly. maybe someday she would walk among the surfacers as one of them. Zarae had turned away from the Spider Queen, not that she really followed her, and chose to follow the Dark Maiden. some of these drow were accepted, but the mark upon her face meant she likley never would be. Some how Lloth would make sure of that.

Moonlight gained more than a few stares as he walked past groups leaving the village. his black coat shone as dark and midnight and silver mane/tail appeared to glow in the sunlight. it also didnt help that he was closer to 17 hands high and had a magical aura about him. and she had only recently learned the truth of his heritage.
he slowed and she slid off his back and walked beside her, no saddle or bridle to control him. ahead she saw a gathering of people, possible preparing for some trip.
"Vendui," she spoke to the one she guessed had drow heritage. "hello," she spoke the the others.
a good sign.
she kept her face hidden in shadow and tilted slightly down.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

"Vendui," Nyssa says without looking up as she puts her lute away. When she finally looks up to see who spoke, she notices a drow female and a human male.

"Xal l'dumoas d'l'Olath Wenress tlu xuil dos." She notices the female's face is shadowed. She thinks on it and says nothing.

She turns to human male to answer his question. "I am on the road to Dambrath. The Eilistraeean temple I was raised in there was attacked. There are few survivors and I must go to aid them. Some of my friends say they would like to come with me so I'm waiting for them. Would you like to come with us?"

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Alak_Chathrosin
Maid
Maid

Post by Alak_Chathrosin »

The morning had never agreed with him, but it was the time for surface journeys, and he knew that was the planned time for departure. Considerations and measurings had left him with his final conclusion, and so he did not relish this necessity.

One foot in front of the other, though it would have been a simple conjuration to have the air lift him aloft. Long ago pacts had been made by this Drow Elementalist to gain the willing compliance of air, water, fire and earth.

Alak moved over the rise and to the edge of the road where the others stood, his path that of a traveler coming into town. Obviously, he didn't spend the evening in the tavern.

As the others spoke their greetings, he waited his turn to speak, knowing that things could go either way of two. Firstly, they may take his resignation from the quest as a betrayal and attack. Secondly, they may simply discount his presence and move on without him. He prepared mentally for the first, while hoping for the latter.

He gestured politely a hand sign greeting to Nyssa, almost forgetting that as a child of mixed blood, she may never have learned the unspoken language of the Drow. Still, there was nothing for it but to wait and so he did, dressed in a scarlet wool robe lined in silken accents that fit snugly at the collar and sleeves, but flared at the bottom. Down both sides of the inner opening, the buttons were flanked by arcane symbols of power in silvery mithral thread.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zarae smiled to the druid, "iyo, Usstan flohlu l' Drathir an'ar. Xal il mrigg lu'sslig'ne udossa mziln. a ilta elamshinae udos xun thalra." (I follow the Moon dancer also. May she guide and defend us. by her grace we do meet.)
She over heard the lady speak to the human, now more curious as a drow wizard joins in. she kept her head low as wizards often had true seeing spells active. her only hope was to gain trust and that they see her as she truly was.
"are you looking for help?"
Zarae was still reletively new to the faith but was willing to help if needed.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

"This is Alak. we met in the tavern. I am Nyssa." she says to the drow woman with a smile as she stands. She dusts off her pants.

"Will you be joining us Alak?" She asks curiously. "I'm sure we could use a man who knows his way around the arcane."

Nyssa smiled, knowing its selfish of her to want everyone to be there for her, but not caring at the exact moment.

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

"Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar, but i go by Zarae. this is Moonlight," indicating the 'horse' next to her.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth had his blade out by this point, and had been quietly been sharpening his blade during the conversation, He slid it back into sheath. "Boy, Our party sure is growing, a rogue, a tank, a cleric, a wizard, and a druid. Now if only we had a bard... Hmm, Anyways, Hello Alak, Welcome to the voyage,"
Alak_Chathrosin
Maid
Maid

Post by Alak_Chathrosin »

Alak bows, keeping the sweep of his flourish from looking to much like an arcane gesture.

"Well met to each of you. But I regret to say I will not be joining you on this errand of vengeance...or justice as the wordsmiths might say. I can only say that I am behind you, and have spells to bolster your initial travels. Once that is done I have business yet here that keeps me from the road."

He makes an apologetic gesture even as he speaks in the Drow Sign language.

"I can bolster your strength, your grace, your health, your insight, cunning, and self confidence with spells, and I prepared one of each for four of your travelers. These dweomers should last for half a day."

He smiles sadly.

"I have also a few dweomers to increase the speed of your travelers, but they last perhaps two candlemarks. Enough for a headstart, but little more.

I am truly sorry, but you have my well wishes and best hopes."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"Did I hear someone mention needing a bard?"Lothir asks, coming out to join the others. "Glad to see I'm not late. I had a devil of a time waking up this morning. My fault for staying up so late enjoying the wine, I suppose." He claps Gareth on the back, grinning, and then gives Nyssa and Ariali each a warm smile.

"And a true pleasure it is to see you lovely ladies this morn. Alak won't be joining us? A shame. I was hoping to learn more about his craft. I guess that just leaves less competition though, eh Gareth?" He says with a sly wink at the tiefling. "And who is this fair creature?" He asks, turning to Zarae. (OOC: Don't remember if they've met...)
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188