The Journey to Dambrath

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

"Goblins? Pfft" Gareth drew sword and shield and took up a battle position at the front of the camp. "Nothing to worry sbout, Their just goblins."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"Nice illusion," comments the bard when he sees Zarae's dragon. I can add a little something to it, if you like," he says, a wicked gleam lighting his eyes. He immediately sets to adding on to it with his own illusions, a ghost sound of a living dragon's rumbling and breathing, and one of the appropriate breath weapon being exhaled out in the direction of the approaching goblins.

"THAT'll give 'em something to think about!" he says, grinning, and chuckles. Then he pulls out his blades and shifts them to their full saber form, ready to fight if the goblins are not deterred by the "dragon".
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

the young drowess waited as they neared and sent the shadow after the group, meanwhile readying a dagger to throw.
she could vanish and appear behind their lines and take some of the out before they knew it.

(since its ur RP, i didnt want to play the goblins unless you want us to.)
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Ariali tensed up. she was not a fighter, mostly due to belief among the lythari. still in her large wolf form, very intimidating as her sleek ebony fur was highlighted in silver.
she was prepared to cast healing spells on those fighting. but till then, she jumped out and bore her teeth, growling, hoping to intimidate and turn many away.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

((Sorry about the delay guys. The internet went out at home and it still doesn't work. I don't mind if you play monsters [that I have already told you were coming].)

It appeared the goblins were not scared off by illusions and war cries. The moon seemed to be blotted out by hundreds of arrows. Only just before they struck did the adventurers realize that many of them were illusions. In reality 300 arrows were really 25. They hit the trees around Nyssa as she crouched behind a boulder. She had to wait for the illusions to lift before she could take aim. She hoped the others were having better luck than she, cause until they got closer, she couldn't use her sword or her knives.
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((Sorry, been busy with other stuff, school and such))
"Come on, Onix; let's rough 'em up," the aasimar called out as he charged a group of goblins coming at him. They may have been small, but they made up for that with their numbers.
Bringing Marala Vharc down in an overhead slash, Veraka opened up one of their skulls before three of them unleashed a barrage of arrows at him. His shield raised in front of his head, the storm warrior deflected most of them, the rest simple bounced of his dragon-scale armor.
Veraka then let loose a howl of pain as one of the little bastards had rammed a spear into his side. The weapon had found a crevice in his plating, and penetrated through to his skin.

The archers were readying their second volley when they noticed a strangely armored figure running towards them. Running at the goblin archers, Onix engaged strength mode, his armor glowing red, put both of his hands on his twin katanas, and jumped, executing a front-flip that sent him sailing towards the goblins.
As he came out of the flip, the clone unsheathed his katanas, bringing them both over his shoulders in a overhead cross-slash. The weapons connected with the nearest goblin, cutting into it's neck and cutting their way through to the opposing sides. The creature toppled over, it's blood pooling near the clones feet.

Onix spun his weapons around, getting a proper grip on them, and said in a cynical tone, "alright, who's next?"
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"So much for illusions," mutters the bard, and leaps off the horse to go tearing into the nearest clump of trees, spitting out the words to an invisibility spell as he goes. soon he comes to a halt and begins silently circling around the flanks of the goblins, swords drawn.

He sets down his pack and lute in a hidden spot, then levitates up to the nearest tree where the goblins are, and gets ready to spring down into their midst.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

the lythari saw her attempt only scared a few, despite her size and ferocious attempt. she stood her ground a bit more till the arrows, tho most were fake, came at her. she moved quickly to a spot to best cast healing spells to help, as the companions fought.
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa didn't realize that most of her foes arrows were illusions until one struck her in the chest and disappointing. She cast [i:35uz2vim]Barkskin[/i:35uz2vim] on herself and moved forward through the illusions hoping that she wouldn't encounter anything real until her other spell were cast. She climbed the tree next to her in great haste to find security among its branches. She cast [i:35uz2vim]Entangle[/i:35uz2vim] into the darkness ahead of her party. The goblins contempt echoed among the trees. Her vision allowed her to see the outline of magic being casts in front of them. She prayed to the goddess that there was someone among their party who had more knowledge of the arcane, someone who could sense what was coming.

Small fireballs blasted from the darkness and landed just out of range of her companions. She thanked the goddess and took aim with three arrows at a time at the packs of goblins that came pouring out of the nights mist. She prayed that they dispatched them quickly so they may get some rest before they continued their journey.

Her arrows landed in the chests of three different goblins. She smirked, and reloaded.
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

As soon as the fireballs go off, Lothir leaps down from the tree, levitating to slow his fall slightly, and begins a rousing battle-hymn to the Maiden as he lands. Within a few beats of the song's tempo, he begins a strange sort of dance in the midst of the goblins, twirling, weaving, dipping, and sliding with ease in and out among the little brutes, landing quick cuts with his blades as he moves.

Here and there a goblin attempts to stab or hack at him, but most of the blows seem to hit only air, as he nimbly spins aside or sweeps a foot out to trip them, or simply leaps or ducks away. Still he sings, and the joyful, stident sound grants courage and strentgth to his allies, as well as keeping time for his unusual style of combat.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Ariali had an idea. she began the words and directed the spell at the goblins.
around the first half errupted on them bluish balls of fireless flames, faerie fire. she hoped that would do some good. then she quickly began the words to another spell (moonbeam) and directed it into the darkness around them to deter them. had any been lycanthropes they would have assumed animal form.
she also kept healing spells on the ready for anyone injured.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard continues his deadly dance among the goblins' ranks, ignoring Ariali's spells as if they did not exist. He uses the distraction of the magic to further confuse them, weaving in and out among them as they are dazzled by the flames and moonlight. Each swipe of his blades slices another goblin, each thrust and parry brings about another's fall. And still he sings on, joyously caught up in the rhythm and exhileration of the strange dance.