[Campaign] - Dancing with Mistrust in Mistledale

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Swifty
Maid
Maid

Post by Swifty »

Swifty nodded to the man as he continued on. Then he saw the bird; watching what it might do.
his time among the drow of the forest, he could guess what the bird was. taking a look around, for people and waiting till he was unnoticed, he reached out, with quick reflexes assassins were known for, to nab the bird.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Inrii thought about it as she sipped her milk.
"I sopose I could take the package, assuming they wont attack the messanger," she joked. a half smile crept on her face beneath the hood.
and information about this war would be useful. if it was Jaelre and not the Auzkovyn clan then she would be caught in the middle. Inrii needed to get as much information as she could, and quickly. then she could decide what she would have to do.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix whirled about in an endless void, trying to figure out what in the Nine Hells was happening to him. A split second later, a blinding flash of light and that same audible popping sound brought him back to Toril's surface.

Appearing out of then air yet again, Onix came back into Toril running backwards; as soon as he hit the surface, the clone stumbled backwards, tripped and landed on his ass, with one hysterically laughing Veraka right behind him. He quickly got back up, shaking off the effect.

"What are you laughing at, you overgrown tin-can soldier," Onix growled at Veraka, despising the fact that he had the slightest clue as to what had happened to him. The clone's comment brought the aasimar's laughter under control, but only for a moment.

Veraka saw a very faint aura around Onix and decided to try something out; reaching to paladin training, he casting an incantation to detect magic, he found that there was definitely an aura surrounding the clone that bleed magical energy from it.

"Now that's strange," Veraka began, but Onix cut in, saying "well, what is, damn it?"
"I'm not sure, but you seemed to have been sucked into a vortex of some sort."
At that instant, Onix recognized his little incident to be time-space warp event, though a bit random at that; he was essentially pulled out of time-space momentarily, but then was pushed back in in the same manner.

"Well, whatever that was, let's hope it doesn't happen again," Veraka put in as the three began a slow, but steady approach to the Ford of Ashabenford.
"Agreed," Onix said with a nod of his helmet.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Alak_Chathrosin
Maid
Maid

Post by Alak_Chathrosin »

The moment before Onix's reentry into the realm of Toril, Tahllian grasped out for the bird, and caught it, the black beast becoming a raging dance of feathers and piercing beak.

Onix and Veraka's racing display comes into view over the rise, the strangely armored soldier vanishing and reappearing with a thunderclap that causes the bird to momentarily pause and turn to look that way.

Inside the White Hart: The bartender chuckled at Inrii's comment, until the peal of thunder shakes the windows in the upper walls.

"What was that?" He turns to look at the door....
Swifty
Maid
Maid

Post by Swifty »

Swifty was about to question the bird, when he heard the noise. His hand gripped tighter as he pulled his hood back over and stepped to hide in the shadows. He thought a minute watching the scene in the distance; then he turned to the bird, "who sent you?" His voice cold and the threat obvious.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii and Zarstra look to the window. "thats no storm," she said curious now who was throwing such spells around. "that sounded like a spell."
motioning for the man to stay put, she stood up and walked over to the window to look, a dagger almost appearing in her hand. her true seeing active, she stood to the side looked twords the ford, then quickly slipped to the other side to look back twords the road.
Zarstra, finished with her breakfast crawled to the fire place and up the chimmey to look out.
Alak_Chathrosin
Maid
Maid

The black feathered bird squawked in protest, as Tahllian gripped it, though it didn't appear to be any more intelligent than the common variety of bird. Now that the thunderclap is passed, there is nothing remarkable about the frightened bird attempting to free itself from its captor.

Inside, the innkeeper drew a blade from beneath the counter top, but held his ground as the adventurer moved to look outside.

Towards the Ford, Inrii, beneath the aegis of the divination she has cast, witnessed a ripple above the river, as of heated air passing like a second river. When her gaze passed towards the Tilver's Gap road, the distortion became more pronounced, looking like a blanket of ripples laying heavily on road and tree, like the sky itself was folding down. Obvious to her eyes, the effect was fading, but its sheer unnatural quality spoke of high magic at work, or wild magic in terrible mishap.

Caught in the arms of the dweomer, the strangely armored soldier seems to be a bit too strong for it to keep him, though, from the lingering tendrils of the disturbance on his armored shell, it tried mightily to steal him from this plane.

His companion stands strong as a man of the north, speaking with him just out of ear short, even for Drow Elven ears.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix, still shaking off the effects of his . . extra-planar warp. . strides alongside Veraka and Aurora, keeping his pace brisk, but calm.
"Are even sure what that was, Veraka? I mean, you say it was a 'vortex' of sorts; I'm more inclined to believe that it had something to do with the fact that I'm not from this plane, or realm, for that matter."

Veraka gave the clone a quizzical look, saying "If that were true, then wouldn't you have been transported back to your own realm?"

The clone munched on the question as his helmet tilted forward and his hand came to rest on the chin of it. "Good point," he said at last. Continuing onward, Onix noticed that the three of them were gathering attention at a rate that he didn't like.

"Let me ask you something, light-weight; why did you even drag my sorry ass out here anyways?"
Veraka seemed taken aback at first, not really knowing how to answer the clone's question.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii thought a minute at the sight of things.
turning her back around to the man, "didnt see anything [i:o1wl2e3d]too [/i:o1wl2e3d]out of the ordinary. Do alot of wizards dwell here?"
she noticed Zarstra missing, "[i:o1wl2e3d][color=red:o1wl2e3d]where you you now?[/color:o1wl2e3d][/i:o1wl2e3d]"
Inrii shoulda been use to her lizard's wanderings. but she did worry sometimes.
"[i:o1wl2e3d][color=red:o1wl2e3d]im now at the top of the bricked fire stack. wow! its different up here[/color:o1wl2e3d][/i:o1wl2e3d]."
"[i:o1wl2e3d][color=red:o1wl2e3d]and? what do you see[/color:o1wl2e3d][/i:o1wl2e3d]?"
Inrii shook her head and resheathed her dagger. for a split second she thought her disguise has worn off, but remembered her spell still working.
Alak_Chathrosin
Maid
Maid

Five miles away, the band of dark clad warriors turned to gaze at their magician. His hands, still shaking as he smoothed over an orb of lavender, held it aloft so that the sun could touch its surface.

"It worked," their leader proclaimed aloud, though barely as a whisper. His black mask marked him as a worshipper of Vhaerun, son of Lolth and brother to Eilistraee.

"You doubted?" queried the wizard.

The others turned to look at each other, and in silent language, the band moved forward, blending with the forest as if they were apart of it, knowing that the relic of the ancient past would help them forge a new future.

Zarstra, from atop the smoke stack of the Inn, could see all around, and after a tasty fly for a snack, took in the sights of two armored men and a wolf in the distance. The black bird vanishing into the grip of an unseen figure in the woods, was not lost on the lizard either. The charm of True Seeing, being cast before the lizard departed its mistress, still hung over Zarstra as well, and all about the sky roiled and recoiled from the twistings of a magic that should remain hidden from the eyes of mortals.

But the fly was so good though.

The black bird rolled in Tahllian's grasp for another bout, but couldn't break his grip. Eventually, it would begin to tire, and only fight sporadically, winded as only the wild creatures can be as they set doggedly about a task. The wind blows softly against Tahllian's clothes, eased by the trees that catch it. Yet still it carries a faint forboding scent to it. And from the West, the animals grow silent.

Aurora's ears will perk up, as the wild static sensation about Onix fades. Her wolf senses hear the silence as if it were a roar as all the wild sounds - the buzzing insects and the whooping birds alike - suddenly cease.

Swifty
Maid
Maid

Post by Swifty »

Swifty thought for a moment, then pulled a piece from an unassembled trap and set it on the birds leg, like a tag. if someone was spying on him, he'd better find out, and soon.
then he let to bird fly off.
Swifty then got back on the trail, threw his hood back again, and made his way twords White Hart. With a quick glance back he made sure to keep an eye out on the strangeness going on around him. Of course, he knew what dwelt in the forest.
Last edited by Swifty on Thu May 27, 2010 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Zarstra squinted her eyes at the armored guys in the woods. but most notably was the familier wolf. she then caught eye of the half elf heading twords them. She relayed it all before desending down the chimney.

Inrii walked to the counter, now wondering what brung old travel companions to the same town. There was not mention of the ranger however, but an odd fellow.
Inrii turned to the human, "what would you like me to take?" she asked.
She was a bit concerned the warrior would expose her in this town, via inadvertently, but right now she needed to be unknown. there was much at stake, particularly her life.
she would need to change disguise again before getting to the temple and her Sy'Tel'Quessir disguise would work best.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka, caught up in his thoughts about Onix's question, noticed Aurora as her ears went up, like twin towers touching one another.

[i:d7d1r10p]What is it?[/i:d7d1r10p] he asked through his telepathic link with the great white wolf.

[i:d7d1r10p]I'm not sure; I keep picking up this buzzing noise emanating from Onix, but I'm not sure what it is.[/i:d7d1r10p]

Then her senses picked up nothingness; as if standing next to roaring waterfall, their was no wild noises that spread themselves through the forest or anywhere for that matter. As if something had silenced all wild sounds in that instant.

For a moment in his visor, Onix thought he saw a lizard on top of the chimney that was atop the local inn/pub(?). He dialed up his bi-nocs to their maximum zoom, and sure as shit, there was a lizard, an iguana to be exact, on top of the chimney.
"Well put me in reptile-suit and call me Godzilla, there was a lizard on that chimney," he said aloud, drawing curious glances from both Aurora and Veraka. In response to his remark, Veraka asked
"Was that lizard about this big," he measured the length with his hands, " and have a certain pair of violet eyes that made it look a little on the crazy side?"

Onix gave a helmet tilt in response to the question, but merely shrugged his shoulders and rewound his camcorder to that point; to his surprise, the lizard did have purple eyes.
"Strange, a lizard with purple eyes."

Veraka smiled, "Well I'll be a monkey's uncle; so Inrii is here I would expect as much, especially out of a drow like her."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix