Roaming.

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Dorthur
Maid
Maid

Roaming.

Post by Dorthur »

The bard jogging lightly through the colorful leaves, he takes in all of the fresh new sights. A thick oak tree, a reddish plant, everything seemed wonderful. Of course, it was just a usual forest, he had seen one kin to it before. Many times he has seen a shining glade, the sun bouncing off the morning dew. Still, it was an interesting and new experience, he had never been this close to a place drow would inhabit. Frightening, but alluring and enthralling at the same time. What would become of him? Would he lie among the damp mushrooms forever more, or would he lie in a soft linen bed once more? He didn't know, and he wouldn't until...

He pulled out of the deep depths of thought when he realized he was crossing a fallen oak, it looked very lively. It was too late to react, and he stumbled and fell over the large log, and its bark split. The wood spilled termites and worms, and the man winced, and shook off the nasty bugs on his leg. The things flying around, he noticed a figure ahead. He cursed himself quietly, as not to be loud. He had already made enough noise.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((just to get things right; is your guy crossing a chasm of some sorts, or merely just getting across the log?))
Trudging through the thick brush of the forest(?) floor, the towering storm warrior Veraka and his winter wolf companion, Aurora, were trading off thoughts about their recent adventures together when the both of them noticed a stout man ahead of them who looked to be being swarmed by insects. A curious sight it was.
"I wonder who he is?" the aasimar said to Aurora; she merely nodded her return thoughts.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Dorthur
Maid
Maid

Post by Dorthur »

((He tripped over a log, I'm not sure where you got chasm from.))
As the unflying termites struck the ground, Dorthur was just getting up from the log, when he looked closer at the figure, and noticed two. A wolf. The bard ran out of his view of the two, to hide, so they would go by unknowing of him. Unfortunately, his fear only made him run more clumsily and even more loudly. Cracks of sticks, swishes of leaves, and more from Dorthur could be heard all throughout the forest. He finally got behind the stout maple tree, and pushed himself up against it, trying to be unnoticed.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((Just verifying a few things, and double checking to make sure I got it right.))
Veraka and Aurora saw the small figure get up and start trying to run away from the both of them.
"What's with him?" the aasimar asked.
[i:s5olg1ci]Maybe it's your size, hmm?[/i:s5olg1ci] Aurora replied, looking up at him in the eyes. Veraka laughed at the comment.
"Speak for yourself, furball. Well, what say you should we follow?
[i:s5olg1ci]Agreed.[/i:s5olg1ci]
With that, the both of them took off in dead run, gaining ground rapidly on the short figure; he bolted around a short tree, probably a good ten feet taller than Veraka, and was attempting to hide from the aasimar and his winter wolf companion. Veraka decided to try and find out what was with the stout figure.

"Ey, you, behind the maple," he called out to the figure who was trying to be a ninja, "what be your name?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Dorthur
Maid
Maid

Post by Dorthur »

"Who am I?" the bard responds, emphasis on the I. "Who am I? Who are YOU? You are the one chasing me?" He darts around the tree so he still isn't facing them, and it is implied he will keep doing this as to try to avoid you. "I do not like stalkers, you know, not one bit. They are almost as bad as... Uh..." he pauses for a minute to think, and then goes on. "Um... Drow? I wouldn't know, really, I haven't seen one. Are you a drow?" He asks the person, still not turning to look at him around the tree.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka laughed at the comparison. "Now, why would I, good sir, stalk you, hmm? Why would a paladin of the Dark Maiden and storm warrior of the mighty Platinum Dragon himself stalk anyone, I ask you?" He waited for the stout one to reveal himself.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Dorthur
Maid
Maid

Post by Dorthur »

Dorthur didn't laugh when he laughed, as he would usually do tenfold. "Yes, yes, paladin and storm warrior, yada yada yada. You could quite easily lie, you know, it isn't very hard. Oh, and why would you stalk me? I don't know, why don't you tell me?"
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Your answer's as good as mine as to why I would stalk you; I've not the slightest clue as to why I would do such a thing. First off, I need no coin from you, seeing as I got my own, and second I'm standing here doing nothing but talking; if was stalking you, would I not try and find you right now?" Veraka asked logically.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Dorthur
Maid
Maid

Post by Dorthur »

"You don't know why you would stalk me, yet you continue to follow and stalk me. You need no coin from me, yet you continue to follow me, and why would you want to talk to me? I'm a gnome, what use am I to yo? Have you thought this through? Because I doubt it."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Granted, I follow you cause I'm curious as to why a gnome would be wandering through a forest, and then suddenly trip over a log?"
Veraka paused, "and you're right I haven't thought; but I wasn't aware it was a habitual nature for gnomes to fear everyone they come across."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Dorthur
Maid
Maid

Post by Dorthur »

"Gah, apparently its common now to follow people when they have a little curiosity now. That's going to be annoying in the future."
After Veraka's pause, he continued without flaw. "We don't fear everyone we come across, but when we come near a giant habitat of drow and the like that we know nothing about, some of us fear a bit."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Then my good gnome, you're going to find yourself in quite a bit of annoyance in the future, because, unfortunately that seems to happen quite a bit around here."

He continued; "you say that, for the most part your people don't fear everyone you come across, save for the occasional large number of drow, or the like;" he paused again, removing his platinum dragon-scale helm, revealing his aasimar heritage, his silver eyes staring at the tree with which the gnome hid behind; "so what reason do you have to fear the son of a celestial?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Dorthur
Maid
Maid

Post by Dorthur »

By this time, the bard is actually considering taking out an instrument and playing out of boredom, but that would be... Inappropriate. "Alot around here, eh? Should have picked a better hole in the ground..."
He almost starts grumbling, but stops himself.

He starts talking again, "I never met a celestial before. What exactly is a celestial? I've never met one before, or heard of one... Or anything."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka was now dumbfounded; [i:btbb2vwy]He's never heard of a celestial before, I wonder how he'd react to a demon?[/i:btbb2vwy] Veraka chuckled at the thought.
[i:btbb2vwy]And here we thought Ariali was naive in the ways of the world.[/i:btbb2vwy] Aurora put in, looking at him. Again, Veraka chuckled.
"You're wondering what a celestial is, eh? Alright then, I'll tell you. If you know anything about the demons of Abyss, celestial's, or angels, are they're exact counterparts. They're the exact opposite of drow and demons in both personality and alignment. Were a drow or a demon right here instead of myself, you'd probably either be dead or they would be toying with you in evil, senile way drow and demons usually do. Does that answer your question?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Dorthur
Maid
Maid

Post by Dorthur »

Dorthur thought for a moment. "So all drow and all demons are evil heartless creations, and you are completely innocent... Or is it the other way around? ... No, that a bit stupid to think about, demons are evil." Pausing for even longer to think, he starts again. "I just noticed, I still haven't looked at your face." He peeks around the tree quickly to look at the mans face.