A Clone Encounter

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Postby veraka » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:19 am

"Lothir, there'll be plenty of time later for you to deliver your message of your goddess to these poor saps, but until then, that'll have to wait."

Turning back to Ryltar, Onix begins to explain.
"Yes, orbital bombardment, a layman's term for a full on barrage from the entire one side of a ships guns. In this case, the plasma cannons of the Nighthammer herself. Though that was more of the laid back version of it. A full salvo from the Nighthammer well. . . " the clone pauses, letting the hidden meaning sink in; "believe me when I say that I've seen entire continents reduced to what you see around you," Onix waves a gloved hand around, indicating the carnage and raw destruction around him.

Turning to Lothir, Onix looked the bard straight in the eye, and replied, "then perhaps I should expand on your imagination a little. What I told Ryltar is true, the Nighthammer alone possesses enough firepower to bring this entire region to a burning wasteland; all that you see around you, from horizon to horizon is within my ships firing zone. Now imagine what 5 or even 7 of such ships could do. Suffice to say that burning a planets surface is not out of our league, given enough numbers. . . ." Onix stopped again, letting that thought settle down; "but fortunately, so far, we've not had to use such power."

Noticing the bards frustration, the clone puts hand on his shoulder. "This was a necessary move on our part; although I'm not one for requesting such a maneuver, it was necessary all the same; either they die or we die. There is no middle ground for moral questioning in war, and quite frankly, given what I've just seen, I'd say that someone or a group of people are trying to battle us, and I'm not referring to those troops whom unleashed the Leecher upon Toril; I'm referring to a native to this planet."
Last edited by veraka on Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

Calabask
Regular
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Postby Calabask » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:44 am

The drow just shook his head as his brain tried to work around the fact that the person in front of him had the capability to lay an entire continent to waste, or even a planet. It was something he was hesitant to believe, though the light show that had just transpired was rather strong evidence. He'd speak quietly to Lynx, eying the clones rather suspiciously. We should be wary of them.

Do we still intend to head to the Underdark? He'd ask of Onix and the others, his crimson orbs focusing mostly on Onix now as he wrapped an arm about Lynx's waist, pulling her against him.

User avatar
Drakashin
Regular
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:19 am

Postby Drakashin » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:19 am

Drakin came up to the strange humanoids that called down what appeared to be the stars themselves. "And people say I use cheap shots. . ." he said with a slight smirk.

Grisnaw came down next to him "I wants one. . ." he said with eyes wide.

Drakin just sighed and rolled his eyes at the gargoyle.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin http://www.eilistraee.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin http://www.eilistraee.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1701

User avatar
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:28 am
Location: Chipley, FL, US
Contact:

Postby Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:42 pm

((Zarae wasnt there to see that spell...so she wouldnt have known of it.))

the rogue, her eyes having readjusted to her surroundings, hurried over to the group, Stalker(?) carrying her two prisoners. she looked around at the devestation the large floating ship had created as she pondered the meaning behind it, pondered what the male had said.
if a one of the house were seeking to steal weapons of the aliens, then they knew more of them or had been dealing with someone from the other world. which could mean one of the clones men was a mole or there were more of the aliens here. and the idea of a drow house getting ahold of said weapons? assumming they didnt destroy themselves, the damage they could do...
Image
signature made by Larlan

~Character~

User avatar
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Postby Aylstra Illianniis » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:38 pm

Picking up the wizard's comment to his companion, the bard glances at him, and fora moment, doubt flits across his face, as his thoughts seem to echo those of Ryltar. He looks uncertainly at Onix and his fellow clones, but says nothing about his comment about the goddess.

"Great. So are we going hunting for these eggs, or what? Show me how to use this thing, and let's get going." His words seem more blunt than usual to those who have spent any time with him at all, as if something is bothering him, perhaps bringing out a side that is less diplomatic and compassionate than what he normally shows.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Postby veraka » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:12 pm

The Thetas are all too aware of the fact that they're being looked at with curiosity, fear, and possibly contempt, but they deal with it; it's how they work.

Onix looks at Ryltar and Lynx first, knowing that the drow mage will be keeping an eye on him and his squad-mates. Lynx he's not sure about, but regardless, she helped him, so he'd give her the benefit of the doubt.

Zarae, and Lothir seemed a bit on edge with him and his squad. Nothing out of the ordinary.

At Drakins comment, Onix actually burst out laughing, which was followed by audible snickering from the squad; "if that is what passes for a 'cheap shot' around here, then you guys haven't really fought in a full-scale war have you?" Onix said to no one in particular.

It was the over-sized imp that caught the clone off-guard; "gargoyle, if you had one of those things, I think then we'd all be FUBAR or Vithus phor trantz myar, and that's putting it lightly."

Do we still intend to head to the Underdark?



"Great. So are we going hunting for these eggs, or what? Show me how to use this thing, and let's get going."


"Do we still intend to go to this expansive underground system to hunt these eggs down and kill 'em off, absolutely; but as Zarae has already explained to me, this Underdark is as big as this continent, Faerun. Which means that me and my squad don't have the slightest clue as to where to start; and before you say something, the Leecher queens are created using dark sorcery and advanced cloning procedures, which makes them immune to any scrying attempts, I believe is the correct term, that one might make," Onix explains with a little anxiety in his voice.

"In order to get a good, general idea of where the bug has laid its nest, me and my squad need to return to our ship with the bug, take some samples of its armor, then compare it to geological data on the continent. So, to be blunt, this is my saying to all of you that if you wish to continue to help me and my teammates, then I'm gonna you to come with us back to the Nighthammer," the clone said flatly, not surprised by the brows that shot up to his statement and request.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

User avatar
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Postby Aylstra Illianniis » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:44 pm

OOC: Oooh, cool, now we get to have a "Star Trek: First Contact" moment!! (Okay, my geek-side is showing. I was thinking of the scene where Picard takes the chick up into the Enterprise and she looks down at the Earth, meets up with the Borg, etc...)

IC: "Nighthammer- sounds like a name for one of my father's ships..." the bard mutters, but does not otherwise react.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188

User avatar
Luexena Deana
Regular
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:48 pm

Postby Luexena Deana » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:36 pm

Lynx still seemed to be rather stunned by such a display of power. The young magess' lips were moving a little bit as if she was trying to calculate what source of energy could have provided such destructive force, meekly accepting Ryltar's tending to the cut on her left arm. Diola lle... Her teal eyes gleamed then as she glanced to Onix and the clones - she was not afraid, no, it was an excitement of a child holding a box with a new toy. She wanted to learn more, to see more.

At Ryltar's whisper she nodded faintly, still keeping her eyes locked on Onix and the company, remaining quiet otherwise. At the suggestion of joining them at the Nighthammer, she glanced to Ryltar sidelongs, waiting for him to speak up his mind, yet it was clear she -wanted- to go.
Last edited by Luexena Deana on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Calabask
Regular
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Postby Calabask » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:49 pm

Ryltar quirked a brow at the suggestion of joining the men to their ship. The idea did indeed intrigue th drow, as was fairly evident by the expression on his face. He wondered just how they would get up to the ship. Seeing Lynx's reaction to the invitation would make the decision to accompany Onix easy. How do we get to your ship then?

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Postby veraka » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:30 pm

The clones seemed to be grinning beneath their helmets, at least that was what it felt like. Onix was about to answer when Pyro, with his quirky attitude, and charismatic outlook, spoke up.

"Oh, that's an easy one; I believe you all remember that fancy craft that me, Stalker, Edge, Ironside and the Marines dropped out of? Well, that'd be our ticket back up to our mothership."

Onix looked to his explosives expert and let out an extended sigh; "what Pyro said is correct; the gunship that dropped my team and Alpha platoon down here will be good enough to get us back to the Nighthammer."

"Are you two in?" he asked looking to Drakin and Zarae.
((And now I must have the patience of a monk for Zarae and Drakin to respond, lol; oh and Aylstra, LOL, :lol: ))
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

User avatar
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Postby Aylstra Illianniis » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:52 pm

"Well, I've always wanted to see the stars and moons up close," jokes the bard with a grin, shrugging. "I wonder what it will be like? I've heard some of those Spelljamming ships are quite large. Never seen a ship to compare to the Executioner, to be honest. Iceheart comes in a close second, though."



OOC: Props to anyone who can guess where I got inspiration for the ship names!!
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188

User avatar
Drakashin
Regular
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:19 am

Postby Drakashin » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:01 pm

Drakin took a few minutes to think about it. But, didn't have a chance to respond as Grisnaw gave the answer for him.

"Go to the thing that caused that?" Grisnaw said, pointing at the devastation that the clones have caused, "Sounds like fun." he said, rubbing his hands together, "Do I get a helmet?"

Drakin only sighed, "Why did my brother have me bring you along? It would be so much easier by myself."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Grisnaw asked, a mock hurt expression on his face.

"Meaning that your a four foot gargoyle that's too curious for your own good."

"Bah," Grisnaw responded with a wave of a hand, "You're no fun."

"Which is why I'm probably still alive despite all your talking," Drakin countered with a smirk.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin http://www.eilistraee.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin http://www.eilistraee.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1701

User avatar
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady
Posts: 1397
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:28 am
Location: Chipley, FL, US
Contact:

Postby Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:05 am

((yeah i know waitin on me...just finished that paper/review. and wednesday is my long day of classes.))

Zarae thinks for a minute. in truth she was curious and interested, for such things often got her in trouble. but drow pragmatsm was on
the edge of it. what would going up into the ship intell? and would she be able to return?
the internal struggle was over quickly, curiosity winning again. the swords retreated to their pendent size and she reattached them to the mithril chain.
"why not,?"
she sent a mental word to Moonlight that she would be gone for a while and to return to the grove until she sent word for him. with him heading to safety she turned to the group, "when do we leave then?" she asked.

((i dont know the reference...is it movie or book?))
Image
signature made by Larlan

~Character~

User avatar
veraka
Demigod
Posts: 2217
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Postby veraka » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:30 am

The clone looked at Grisnaw when Drakin came over, his face a blank stare at the gargoyle. Then Onix doubled over laughing at the gargoyle. Pyro, Stalker, Ironside, and Edge exchanged looks with each other, not sure what to make of that.

It had been a long time since any of them had heard their squad leader laugh like he was now. They then waited for Onix to recover from his laughing fit.
He recovered soon enough, and looked over to Grisnaw; "yeah ya over-sized imp, you can have a helmet, if we can find one to fit that head of yours," the clone chuckled to Grisnaw. Snickering could be heard from the rest of the Theta's as they imagined the gargoyle with a helmet on; the thought was quite amusing.

At Zarae's question, Onix looked to the rest of his allies, and said "as soon as everyone is ready to go, I'll signal Hawk and we can get the hell out of here."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix

User avatar
Luexena Deana
Regular
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:48 pm

Postby Luexena Deana » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:18 pm

Oh, I was born ready. She smirked softly, trying to hide how anxious she was The elf stood still, pressed against the drow mage's side. One thing though, I'd need to restock the spell components soon. Doubt your ...vessel can provide me with the materials I need, mm?

Lynx blew her hair from her face, looking to Onix, then casted a glance to Stalker. By the way, I owe you two. Diola lle. The elf tipped her nonexistant hat at him and grinned briefly, slipping out of Ryltar's embrace. Then her teal eyes locked on her companion and she looked him over curiously before lifting her rapier from the ground.

She seemed rather resolved, having her mind set on the travelling - her eyes still gleaming and her lips curling in a faint smile - just to think, such source of new knowledge and so close! She was not going to miss that chance. With those thoughts she wiped her rapier clean and sheathed it, then checked her pouches quick before looking up once more, ready.
Last edited by Luexena Deana on Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Return to “Roleplaying”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

cron