A Clone Encounter

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The clone glanced over to Lynx with a genuinely curious look, then said "depends on what those materials might be; anything within the realistic realm of materials, metals, liquids, etc, we can probably find on-board, just need to go digging a little when we get there.

Onix was astounded by how easily the sun elf had taken to the idea of going on board his mothership, but he shook his head, clearing his mind for the here and now.
"If what you were pulling out and using to cast all of those fancy magics of yours is what you're looking for, then I think we'll be able to scrounge up most of them on the [i:2akgz94l]Nighthammer[/i:2akgz94l]."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

[i:160d4yts]Yes, the village.. Is it still intact, or has it been reduced to what is around us as well by now? Hopefully there's an apothecary there so I can stock up on components as well.[/i:160d4yts] Hearing Lynx tell Stalker that she owed him two made the drow scowl a bit. She owed him nothing, and he would remind her of that later. The drow would then pick up his staff from the ground, following after Lynx, waiting for Onix's reply.
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:2u7a899v]Oh... depends on a spell. Metal wire, rats tails... sulphur... cotton... acids and pixie dust.[/i:2u7a899v] The wizardess shrugged carelessly, tugging her red shawl off. As the drow scowled, Lynx arched her brow and looked over her shoulder at him, then smiled faintly and brought her hand behind herself to tap at her left shoulderblade, a gesture he alone would understand. Then she simply approached Onix and his crew, slinging her satchel onto her back.
Last edited by Luexena Deana on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Theta Squad's lead glanced at Ryltar with a dumbfounded expression; "Now why in the bloody hell would I bring down an orbital bombardment on top of the same village that I was trying to keep alive, that's completely contradictory," Onis said waving his hand to show the intact settlement. Most of the folk were still staring at the wasteland that had been formed.

"Sir, I think you've made an impression with them that'll last till the end of their dying days, which I'm willing to bet, is about as long as our life-span," Pyro spoke up, snickering as he did so.

[quote:3c6khybz]By the way, I owe you two. Diola lle.[/quote:3c6khybz]

At this, Stalker looked up, glancing over to Lynx with his blood-painted helmet. At her statement, he shrugged his shoulders, and replied in a dark, deep voice "just doing my job, ma'am."

Pyro chirped up; "Awe, come-on, Stalker, it's not as if she's offering you anything, just commenting you on your wicked sharp sniping skills. Besides, ya did save her neck from an ambush, so what's bad about that, hmm?"

The sniper looked at the orange armored commando, and grunted; "Like I said, wise-guy, I'm just doing my job; keep my allies alive and take the enemies heads off in the process, unlike you, who prefers to just damn blow everything to hell and back."

Pyro snickered under his helmet; "Hrhrhahaha, that rocket blew up real well."

Onix cleared his throat at his two rambunctious squadmates, and to Ryltar said "if both of you require certain componets or items, then we can stay, but from what I saw back in the village when the bug was still alive, there was just a general store there, and a small one at that. Best bet Ryltar, is that you'll find most of what you need on-board."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

On hearing Lynx give a decent list of items, Onix nodded his head; "except for the pixie dust, most of what you've named we can find on-board my mothership, shouldn't be that hard to find the necessary materials for you and Ryltar. If there's anything else, then let me know."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

The elf listened to the friendly bickering between Pyro and Stalker and chimed in, grinning some. [i:2gqwl2xw]Aw, an overgrown firefly is giving you a hard time, sniper? Perhaps I should teach you how to cast Burning hands, just in case.[/i:2gqwl2xw]

Lynx smirked and looked down at her dusty and blooded outfit, wrinkling her nose, quickly she brought her hand down, along her body, murmuring a [i:2gqwl2xw]Prestidigitation[/i:2gqwl2xw] spell to clean her clothes and skin. [i:2gqwl2xw]I am sure we'll be fine for now... I have some pixie dust left over.[/i:2gqwl2xw] The mage looked to Onix and nodded.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Pyro looked up at Lynx and cocked his helmet to one side; "Oh, ma'am, please that's so condescending; I prefer the term 'bombardier beetle', after all they actually [b:1o7g4vjy]shoot[/b:1o7g4vjy] fire, besides, I think that a beetle suits me." Pyro's tone was just as cheerful and outgoing as usual.

"Also serves to backup your over-inflated personality," Stalker retorted to the explosives nut.

Then turning to Lynx, the sharpshooter nodded at her suggestion; "perhaps a lesson in this magic of yours couldn't hurt; might just be the cure to Pyro's flippant yapping mouth," he chuckled in reply.

Pyro then just as quickly retorted; "don't come to me it you wants it."

Onix couldn't help but smirk at his teammates little fiasco of words. Then looking to Lothir, Zarae, and Drakin, the clone asks "are you three prepped and ready to go?"
Last edited by veraka on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard nods, for once saying nothing. Something seems to weigh heavily on his mind, and he simply watches the exchange between the others silently, without even a quip or comment.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Seeing the gesture from Lynx would calm the drow a bit, bringing the ire he had felt for Stalker to a far lower level. He knew what the gesture meant, and it pleased him that she would reassure him by doing it, a sense of pride and affection for her replacing the frsutration he had felt a moment ago for the others. Hearing Onix say they could find just about everything on the ship, made him smirk a bit.[i:26wj162s] I'm sure I can find some guano in my packs if your ship happens to lack bats on it. Though if worse comes to worse I'll just make a side trip when we next land for more exotic reagents that I'm sure your ship will not have.[/i:26wj162s]
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:13f7raj2]We already know where to find a firebeetle belly should we need one, hmm?[/i:13f7raj2] Lynx smirked, surely her jab was aimed at Pyro, yet it was not hostile, more of a simple tease. The girl straightened, rolling her shoulders a little tiredly, as the adrenaline stopped rushing in her blood and a weariness dawned on her after the battle.
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

"I'm as ready as I'll ever be," Drakin replied. He pulled out a knife and started flipping through his fingers, a sign of his nervousness at being lifted off the ground by some unknown machine. When he realized what he was doing, he grimaced and put it away.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix looked at Ryltar and smirked a bit; "depends on the if you're willing to [b:3qxuox1t]look[/b:3qxuox1t] around on my ship for the bats; I'm willing to bet you'd find some."

At Lynx's jest, Pyro replied "now [b:3qxuox1t]that's[/b:3qxuox1t] not fair; how am I supposed to counter something that involves removing my only means of processing the delicious food that I devour on a day to day basis." The clone was feigning sorrow and a depressed tone when he said this, trying his best not to smile and failing epically.
Then turning to Onix, the explosive nut said "Ah sir; I'm pretty sure that the lovely lass, Zarae, is ready for lift-off like we all are," as he said this, Pyro cast a wink at Zarae, not caring if what his brothers thought of him or his straight-forward antics.

Upon hearing this, Onix groaned, but not before Stalker said, "brother, if you have proven one thing to us all, it's that you are the flirt of this squad."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard finally speaks, "Aye, it will be good to be on a ship again, whatever the circumstances. Is this conveyance of yours safe, though? I've never seen the like."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

)ahhh! i dont remember undergrad work having this much homework...guess thats what i get for going masters level...))

"I dont think i could get anymore ready to than now to enter an alien flying ship and be surrounded by hundreds of twins, unless there's something you aint told us?" she jested as the orange suited spoke for her. she gave him a slight funny (confused) look to the wink. tho his partner's comment explained it enough. she just softly cleared her throat. still not use to attention by others, the young drowess, wasnt sure how to react.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

A dark figure looked down at these strange new armored aliens and the others they were talking to; watching, just watching. Observing. "Interesting," she said to herself. "Very interesting."

Observing was something she was best at. She'd grown up staying away from others as much as possible and only coming in contact when she had to- for her job.

The half drow had never seen creatures of this sort, but then again, growing up in the surroundings she did, it's no wonder; no family, no one to introduce her to the world. She never knew her father, and her mother had died when she was very young, and she had no siblings that she knew of- yet.

Her bright blue eyes showed caution as she pondered how to best approach this Onix person. He was her next target, only problem was, he was surrounded by all of these other people.

As she remained crouched in the shadows of nearby brush, she contemplated this question.