A Clone Encounter

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

A Clone Encounter

Post by veraka »

((It would be nice if we actually had more than three people in this, but I guess that’s me with wishful thinking; oh and sorry this is tremendously long, but I was bored, enjoy))

The deck rumbled under Onix's boots. He felt the shock of a barrage of particle-beam fire, let loose from the lit up the dark back-drop of space.
[i:30j8l9ks]They began the assault already? So the situation's as FUBAR as we predicted[/i:30j8l9ks] he thought to himself as the deck plate shuddered from another staccato burst of the [i:30j8l9ks]Nighthammer[/i:30j8l9ks] cannons.
The klaxon blared through the hallway, signaling all personnel to get to battle-stations and prepare for ship to ship combat.
"Not that those snakes stand a chance anyways," he chuckled at the thought of any SFCA capitol ships trying to take down an ESAF ship like the [i:30j8l9ks]Nighthammer[/i:30j8l9ks], a [i:30j8l9ks]Depraedor[/i:30j8l9ks]-class heavy assault-carrier, one of only a handful that Earth Space Assault Forces High Command actually possessed.
Bristling with rail-cannons, particle-beam turrets, and heavy torpedo launchers, ships like the [i:30j8l9ks]Nighthammer[/i:30j8l9ks] were not to be taken lightly; only the most tactically-brilliant, or the most suicide-intending of commanders would ever wanna go up against one of these impressive ships.

Onix got his thoughts interrupted when the overcomm came to life; "Attention, all Special Forces personnel; all 501st[/size:30j8l9ks] hunters are to report to the hanger bay A-13 for briefing, I repeat all 501st[/size:30j8l9ks] hunters, report to hanger bay A-13." After the overcomm went dead, Master Gunnery Sergeant Theta-180 opened up his private squad comm-link within his helmet to the rest of his men.
“Theta-013, pick up the damn link,” Onix barked into helmet microphone, as he blitzed down the corridor, heading towards Theta Squad’s locker room.

“How you doing, sir!? Over here in hanger A-13, we have the same forecast for today, with gray metal clouding all over and more high-intensity energy storms coming in this afternoon. Though this time, we actually might have to kick ‘em in the ass with a good high-explosive battering ram; and I’m not just saying that because I love to blow stuff,” Pyro responded with his usual sarcastic wit. He was the squad’s spirit, humor, and extreme expert with stuff that goes ‘KABOOM’.

“Yes, you are,” Theta-107 responded in his monotone-dry voice; the squads resident zen sharpshooter, 107 was not someone who many got along with.

“Stow it, Stalker,” Onix said over his link, “Edge, ya there?”

“Theta-057, reporting sir.” 057 was Theta’s second in command, and probably one of the best techno wizs in this galaxy or the next; “sir, where are you?”

“I’m making my way to the team-locker room; recently got a new toy to play with.”

“I thought we weren’t getting any new kit till the next quarter?”

“Apparently the brass to start field-testing some “X’s” Onix responded, not sure what the new gadget was himself.

“Well sir, Theta’s assembled in A-13; nothing going on yet.”

“Affirmative; comm me if anything starts up,” 180 ordered.

“Roger that, sir. 57 out.” The link went dead. Onix broke into a full-out run. Cornering left, and heading down a very long flight of stairs, he came to the locker for the Theta’s. Sitting on the primary counter was a weapon the likes of which he’d never seen before. He shouldered it, figuring that he’d get a good use of it later.
Onix did note the name of the weapon; Experimental Plasma Accruing Cannon, or XPAC, for short.

“I wonder what this little toy can do?” he said to himself as he made his way back to the hanger for a briefing. Suddenly, the alarms sounded, giving the sound to man battle-stations. Onix looked through a viewport to see a flotilla of SFCA (Space Forces of Carina Arm) vessels approaching the [i:30j8l9ks]Nighthammer[/i:30j8l9ks] at high-speed. Onix muttered a stream of curses at seeing the fleet of enemy craft.

On bridge of the [i:30j8l9ks]Nighthammer[/i:30j8l9ks], Captain Witmor, a medium-sized, athletically-built human male, with a fair trimmed mustache, watched through the panoramic viewport as a fleet of impressive size just jumped in-system with the [i:30j8l9ks]Nighthammer[/i:30j8l9ks].
“Now, how in the bloody hell, those vessels found us, I’d like to know,” he said with an angry tone in his voice. He meant the question to no one in particular, just for shits and giggles.
Turning to his second-in-command, he asked, “Commander, how long till we’re in firing position?”

“We ‘ave bout twenty oh-one seconds til’ our main guns ‘ave ‘em in firing range,” Commander Balak responded. A seasoned veteran of over 200 engagements so far, Balak was no ordinary dwarf among the ranks of the [i:30j8l9ks]Nighthammer’s[/i:30j8l9ks] crew.
“Very good, Balak.” Witmor turned to regard the fleet in front of him; there were least seven destroyers, six cruisers, and a couple of support ships within the flotilla; it was the ships in the rear that had him on edge.

“Commander; what’s the readout on those ships in the back of the enemy fleet?”
Balak looked onto a monitor of a helmsmen, then turned back to Witmor, his face having a worried expression on it; “uh, cap’em sir, those ships are battleships in ta back o ye enemies fleet.”
“What?!” Witmor exclaimed. Balak did a double-take to confirm the numbers; there were six battleships within the SFCA fleet. Nothing the [i:30j8l9ks]Nighthammer[/i:30j8l9ks] couldn’t handle, but they were definitely gonna get a run for their money. “Are we within firing-range yet, commander?”

Balak nodded his confirmation. “Yer within firin’ range, cap’em.”
“Commander. . . Fire at will,” Witmor said, his voice taking on a sly tone.
“You lot heard ta Cap’em; all bat’eries, OPEN FIRE!!!!” the dwarf roared into the overcomm. The space within the panoramic viewport lit up.

Onix felt the deck shudder under his boots as the [i:30j8l9ks]Nighthammers[/i:30j8l9ks] guns blazed to life. Through the viewport, he saw green-lances of particle-beam energy dart off into space. The opening salvo came hurtling in and rammed into the enemy fleet, exploding onto their shields. The sight of the enemy fleet taking the beating was astounding; it was what happened next that made Theta-180 grin maniacally beneath his helmet.

The main guns of the [i:30j8l9ks]Nighthammer[/i:30j8l9ks] were massive rail-cannons called Hyper-velocity guns or HVG’s for short. With five of these immense weapons on both her port and starboard sides, the [i:30j8l9ks]Depraedor[/i:30j8l9ks] heavy assault carrier was a force of unnatural destruction. All ten HVG’s fired, two guns at each of the enemy battleships; eight super-dense slugs surged from the barrel of each cannon, and sailed toward the battleships. The shots were directly on target. Onix saw the first few rounds collide with the energy shields of the enemy battleships; when the 7th and 8th rounds from each volley hit their intended targets, the results were both catastrophic and beautiful. Within seconds after their shields faltered, the five battleships were sent spiraling outta control as the remaining HVG slugs hit their marks.

“Commander, congratulate the gunners on their marksmanship. Next rounds are on me.” The comment brought a loud ‘WOOT!’ from the entire crew on the bridge.
Commander Balak was smiling at the captain’s comment and was about to return with an answer when a young elven ensign shouted up; “Captain!! Enemy contacts incoming!”
“What?! From where?” Witmor asked with urgency.
“110 degrees to our port side, Sir.” The entire bridge looked over to see 75 enemy capital ships hyper-jump into the system.
“Dem bastards rigged us for an ambush,” Balak said in an undertone.
“Lieutenant, how far is our hyderdrive charged?” Witmor shouted at a young elven officer.
“45 percent charged, Sir. Why?”
Witmor knew two outcomes were inevitable; one was that the [i:30j8l9ks]Nighthammer[/i:30j8l9ks] would have to jump, or risk the other option in a full-out battle, which was annihilation. “Transfer all power from main weapons systems to the hyperdrive capacitor.”
“Aye, Captain.” The bridge went into a bust of activity as they prepped the assault-carrier for a hyper-jump.

Onix was utterly disgusted and quite intrigued by how the enemy had managed to coordinate an in-system jump with so many ships. He saw the enemy fleet release tens of hundreds of fighter craft toward the [i:30j8l9ks]Nighthammer[/i:30j8l9ks]; he saw the AA rail-Gatling’s come online and start spraying bursts of fire toward the small craft. What he noticed about his mother-ship is what gave him a questioner-type expression. The [i:30j8l9ks]Nighthammer’s[/i:30j8l9ks] weapon systems started to return to their pre-power positons, an indication that power was being diverted to other systems.
“The brass really doesn’t know what they’re doing? Oh, well, no skin of my back whether they get cooked or not,” he said in his usual dark tone; “they can all burn in hell as far as I’m concerned." Right then, the stars in the view port went linear, indicating the [i:30j8l9ks]Nighthammer[/i:30j8l9ks] was jumping into hyperspace. Something, however, didn’t settle well with Onix’s nerves. His gut-check was right on the dot as he noticed lighting of sorts danced up and down the ships surface, like they were jumping in a nebula or plasma storm, a VERY big no-no when making a FTL jump. The stars stretched and the [i:30j8l9ks]Nighthammer[/i:30j8l9ks] vanished into hyperspace.

On the bridge, Captain Witmor breathed a sigh of relief; they’d jumped barely in time. “Helmsmen, let’s get back to real-space, huh?” The assault-carrier reverted back to normal space, only it was far from normal; out in the distance, the bridge saw Earth, or what they thought was Earth.
“Cap’em, are my eyes going drunken goggles on me?”
“No, Bakar, I see it to, but I’m not inclined to believe it; the Earth that we know is barely green, if at all, on her surface. This different, very different.”
“Captain; Sir, I’m detecting massive bio-signatures down there,” a sensors officer reported.
“Cap’em, we ‘ave no idea what’s down dare . .”
“I’m well aware of the obvious, thank you, Commander,” Witmor finished, a little irritated. They were supposed to be on the other side of the Milky Way galaxy right now; no something was diffintly wrong.
“Balak. Who’s the most qualified for this type of mission?”
“Why, I believe the SPARTAN hunters dat’re in ‘anger A-13, Cap’em,” Balak responded, a little confused.
“No, I mean who’s the best outta the SPARTAN Hunters?”
“Me ‘ave da slightest clue, Cap’em.”
“Sir, isn’t Theta Squad recently returned from a Life Leecher infestation mission?” A lieutenant asked.
“The Theta’s, hmm,” he stroked his mustache; “Bring their file, Commander.”
“Aye, Cap’em.”
Last edited by veraka on Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Six hours later

Theta Squad was gathered in a briefing room with Captain Witmor and Commander Balak. Onix had to hold his temper here, for he knew what bad-mouthing a superior officer could get a clone like him into.
“Finally, you and your squad are to report on whereabouts of our present location, is that understood, 180?”
“Yes sir, just one question, sir,” Onix replied back.
Balak and Witmor looked to each other; a clone with a question usually indicated resentment toward a mission.
“Go ahead,” Witmor said with a wave of his hand.
“Sir, wouldn’t it be more appropriate to send one man instead of a whole squad? I mean the tactical feasibility of a recon mission like this does not demand the use of a whole hunter squad. It seems like overkill to me, sir.”
“Your assessment is spot-on, 180; but like you just pointed out, you’re venturing onto and unknown planet with unknown characteristics, and possibly, unknown hostiles, the likes of which may be sentient. It is, therefore, prudent and very reasonable, to send a whole squad rather than one man.”
Onix didn’t like the idea of having his squad put in danger if he could help it; “Sir, I respectfully request that this mission be given to me alone, Sir.” The remark brought up a storm of responses from Pyro, Hakcy, and Stalker.
“Enough!” the captain shouted, bringing the situation under control; “as much as I admire your noble sentiment, you have your orders.”
What Onix did next shocked even his squad; he lifted his hands up under his helmet rim, popped the seal. A hissing noise emanated from the underside of the helmet, as Onix lifted it off and glared at Witmor, his crimson eyes blazing. From a clone, especially a SPARTAN commando hunter clone, this was one of the most dangerous gestures that you could ever get from him; if one ever receives this from a clone, it indicates that you are going to have one of two things happen: one, you will agree with what the clone has just said or wants you to say, or two, you’ll be dead in a very bloody mess.
“Sir,” Onix began in his dark undertone, “I’m not asking you for this to happen; I’m TELLING you it’s going to happen, one way or another. Either I go on this mission by myself, or I don’t go at all, and that goes for my squad as well.”
Witmor sighed; he’d figured it come down to this, especially from a clone like 180. The Captain, however, was not a man of stupidity, and knew when to pull rank on personnel and when to let things go; “very well, 180. Get prepped and meet up with the crew of gunship delta-20; you’re going on a HALO jump.”
“Yes, Sir.” Onix snapped off a crisp salute, as did the other Theta’s and then left the room for his gear-up.

“Sir, are off your marbles today?” Pyro asked as they walked down the corridor to their locker room.
“No, Pyro; I’m just not willing to risk your guy’s necks for a mission that could be either really simple or, potentially, really hazardous, end. . of. . STORY.” And that was the end of it, the squad didn’t speak any further.

Later, in hanger B-05, Onix, Pyro, Stalker and Hakcy were gathered outside the gunship, with her crew finishing a final pre-flight check.
“Alright, you know the drill, 180?” the pilot asked him.
“Yes, Sir; once you guys hit the stratosphere of the planet, I jump, and you get your pretty little asses back up to the [i:lq3lubtd]Nighthammer[/i:lq3lubtd].”
The pilot laughed at the remark; “at least they picked someone with my style of humor. Alright, you and your squad pack it in the main compartment. We’re gonna launch here in a few.” He strode off after that.
Theta Squad loaded onto the gunship and waited for it to launch.
“Here sir,” Stalker said, extending his R-52 rail-rifle; “you’ll probably need it more than I will.”
Onix accepted the weapon without a word, slinging it over his shoulder. The gunship lifted off, and started it’s decent into the unknown planet’s atmosphere. The ride was a bit on the bumpy side, not that the Theta’s cared, they really didn’t mind at all. The gunship started to level out.
“Alright back there; we’ve just exited the last of the roller-coaster jumps of the atmosphere. We’re going to be in position here soon, so hold tight.”
“Damn it; and just when I was starting to enjoy this vacation,” Pyro added his two-cents, as usual.
A few minutes passed by unhindered; Onix gave his gear a thorough look over before putting it back, especially his chute. He checked his two ultra-hardened katanas, his twin combat knives, as well as his wrist-gauntlet ejecting vibro-blades. He did a thorough look-over of his M95 “Mauler” HMG, making sure that he had enough ammo for it as well as 45mm grenades for the under-barrel launcher. He also grabbed about 6 extra clips of rail ammo for the rifle that Stalker had given him.
A hissing noise of escaping air sounded as the rear ramp began to lower; “Theta-180, prep for HALO jump.” A red light came on near the end of the ramp.
“Green in. . . “
“5. . . . . . 4”
Hakcy: “Good luck, Sir.”
“3. . . . . . .2”
Stalker: “Happy hunting.”
“1. . . . . .” His armor changed to red color as he engaged one of its many modes, and made a constricting sound; he heard deep masculine voice inside his helmet say “Maximum strength,” as he engaged it.
Pyro: “Sir, try not to blow yourself up this time.” The light switched from red to green, and Onix accelerated down the ramp; when he got to the very edge, he planted a boot down and lunged out of the gunship.
He was airborne, freefalling as he looked around. Whatever planet this was, it was night in the hemisphere that he was now sailing through. Onix spread his hands and legs out, providing maximum surface area for wind resistance.
“So Sir, how’s the view out there?” came Pyro over the comm.; “We’ve already lost visual on you.”
Onix chuckled into the commlink, “you wouldn’t know what’s out here, num-nuts; it’s pitch black out here, and clear sailing all the way to the surface.” There was a commotion of voices in the background.
“Uhhhh, Sir. We’re picking up an object on the DMSS (radar), and it’s as big as this gunship,” Hakcy said with a worried voice.
“So what if it’s as big a. . . “
“Sir, you don’t understand; it’s moving UP, and in your direction.”
Onix quickly switched his visor to infrared/night spectrum mode. He looked around, frantically searching for this flying object; he spotted it; “what is that thing?” he asked, zooming in to identify it. It looked to be a humongous, flying komodo dragon; only this one launched a fireball at him.
“SHIT!” Onix cursed as he twisted out of the way, though the fireball set part of his chute aflame as it grazed by.
“Lead, are you alright?” came Stalker’s voice.
“I’m fine, or at least I will be if my parachute doesn’t burn up on me,” he replied, putting his arms and legs together, making him into a life size bullet. He shot towards the surface, his helmet displaying his remaining altitude; the high-speed air rushing past him seemed to put out the fire on his chute, it was what came up behind him that worried. The flying lizard was gaining on the clone, despite his efforts to get away from it. Onix glanced back at it; suddenly, it opened its wings and slowed immensely. Onix instantly realized his mistake, and engaged his suits armor mode; “Maximum. . . ” the electronic voice was drowned out as he collided with a huge body of water, and splashed under. Blackness ensued.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Gareth was casually walking through a nearby forest at the time, With bow in hand, Hunting some of the highest quality game there was, when he noticed it, The lone figure in the sky, coming down at a high rate of speed, He leaped up to action, and remembered the last time this happened, He had met Xaraphim, But he knows that not all otherworlders are as peaceful as him, However "Peaceful" that was, Gareth had been held at gunpoint, It had not matter anyway, He was ready now, and he was better armed then when he had been a Ranger so long ago.

It was somewhat cold outside, And Gareth had prepared for that as well, Along with his ebony plate mail, He had a fur cloak sitting on the inside, as well as an ebony full hell. He was also prepared in the way of weaponry, He had his fathers sword that he had taken from his former village, sheathed, and tucked nicely on his belt, as well as a dwarvern crafted shield, made to his exact specifications, The harsh dark metal of the shield, complemented by the red crest in the center, It was the symbol of Kord.

Gareth knew there were dangers, But also allies, So he kept the shield in his hand, and the sword sheathed, He did not want to come out as the aggressor in this situation, For he knew the higher tech of other planets. Gareth crept closer to the floating body in the lake.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((He splashed down in the Sea of Fallen Stars, just for references sake; prob somewhere near Gulthmere Forest.))

Onix floated there for what seemed like hours, lapsing in and out of consciousness; finally, when he was going through another sequence of consciousness, he noticed that there was a face staring back at him from [b:7xh20bwq]underneath[/b:7xh20bwq] the waves. His decades of training and pure instinct were enough to knock him out of it.

His eyes came into focus, and what he saw staring at him baffled his mind. An female elf, only one with blue skin and what looked to be webbed hands and feet, was staring at him through his helmet.
Onix froze in place, using only his eyes to examine the elf. The female elf must have noticed his hand moving around, because right then, she swam off.

Onix surfaced, allowing some fresh night air to flow into his helmet, then dove beneath the surface, his armor allowing him to take his breath from the water itself. He dived deeper into the water, switching to his thermals and searching the immediate vicinity for the female elf that he had just come into contact with. Even with his enhanced thermal optics, he couldn't see more than a couple hundred yards in any direction. Cursing that he lost his contact, he rose to the surface, coming up above the waves slowly.

"Next order of business, get my bearings," he said to himself, reverting back to his training. Onix then began to use his thermal visor to scan the immediate area around him; he was about to call it quits when he noticed a human-shaped thermal signature off on the shore, about a hundred yards out from his position. [i:7xh20bwq]Curious; I wouldn't have thought that I'd encounter something this early into the mission.[/i:7xh20bwq]
He clicked on his comm; "[i:7xh20bwq]Nighthammer[/i:7xh20bwq], do you copy, over. This Theta-180 reporting in. [i:7xh20bwq]Nighthammer[/i:7xh20bwq], do you copy, over?" There was no response. "Damn it!"
Theta-180 then started front-stroking as he made his way to the shore, all to aware of the fact that something, or someone, was watching him.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth pried off his full battle helm, and began to notice that it was lapsing in and out of consiousness, and that it was acnowlaging his presence, Wiitch could be good or bad, he decided it was'nt going to attack him, or harm him just yet, Meanwhile, he was trying to get a better look at the the thing, it seemed to be moving closer to the shore, Coming up for a close encounter? to a close greeting? He thought, Trying to tune out the thought of it being a hostile.

He frowned at the thought of having to teach someone the customs of the planet again. But quickly exited the tought, just as he noticed how close the alien seemed to be getting, It seemed only 40 or 50 yards away, He put his sheild down and sat down near the shore, ever vigil.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix strode up onto the beach and noticed that there was an odd type of bipedal humanoid standing there looking at him; he vaguely remembered seeing something along the lines of this type of species before.
Then it hit him; [i:1ss1x4vg]Ah hybrid; what in bloody blazes is one of them doing here?[/i:1ss1x4vg] the clone thought to himself as he waded onto the shore. That was when he got a break through on his comm channel. It was static for the most part, but he filtered it out as best he could, putting two fingers up to his helmet to press the audio enhancer, which was built into his helmet, that would help him hear his commlink.
"Theta. . . 80, do you cop. . . . ver"
"This SPARTAN Hunter Theta-180, [i:1ss1x4vg]Nighthammer[/i:1ss1x4vg] do you read me?"
"This is [i:1ss1x4vg]Nighthammer[/i:1ss1x4vg] command, you are coming in clear as crystal and we've got your signal locater on our GPS tracker right now; give a sit-rep."
Onix went through his brief but already high-intensity encounter that had led up to the moment; "Have you been seen yet, 180?"
"Uh, that's affirmative, [i:1ss1x4vg]Nighthammer[/i:1ss1x4vg]," Onix said glancing at the strange humanoid through his helmet.
"Then you are to get un-noticed, is that clear, soldier?"
"and should the person or more pursue me?"
"You are to remain outta sight until we've got a grasp on the situation down there, [i:1ss1x4vg]Nighthammer[/i:1ss1x4vg] out." The channel went dead; Onix stared the odd person in the face for a full second, then took off in a dead run, trying to get away from whatever it was, and, potentially, whatever could be still out there.

He ran through the forest at top speed, his OMNI-armor adding to his already impressive physical prowess. He ducked under a dead tree, then vaulted over another one; on his motion-sensing radar, he saw the being was now following him.
The clone continued to run for prob another fifteen minutes, dodging obstacles, and weaving through the trees; he finally came a clearing; "Cloak engaged" his armor said to him as he engaged the Mirage cloaking field around his armor, rendering him completely invisible to all forms of light and Electromagnetic waves. He turned and drew the only silenced ranged weapon he had his sidearm, and waited for his pursuer.
((sorry, had to make it interesting somehow))
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth sighed and thought how much of an idiot the alien was running because of a non-hostile Tiefling that wants to do nothing but help, He decided to follow at a short pace, figuring he would be lost and now, without guide in the deep forest, He picked up speed in minuites and was leaping over fallen trees and vaulting, Ever quicker, he picked up more speed untill he found the boot tracks in the mud, They were fresh, he slowed down, Carefully scanning the nearby trees and landscape, looking to see if he was hiding, Or running even more.

He could here breatin goff in the distance, however the slight echo did nothing to help, He could hear is all around him, and it would take time to find him.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix relaxed his muscles and forced himself to slow his breathing, slowing his heart rate to an appropriate level that allowed him to think straight; the demon-human hybrid, he didn't know them by any other name, was obviously a good tracker as he had closed in on Onix's location within a twenty foot diameter;
"Clever, this one is," he whispered to himself, noticing that the hybrid was armored pretty well, and had a good amount of weaponry on him, though most of it was melee-based. Onix switched out his weapons, holstering his silenced pistol, and bringing out his M92 'Mauler' HMG. The weapon was about 3.5' long and loaded with .408 caliber HEAP rounds; a 45mm under-barrel grenade launcher rounded the weapon out for power.

He thought to himself for a second; [i:3bk5j1ne]I can either stun him and run; or just go and revel myself.[/i:3bk5j1ne] Despite his normally dark outlook on life, he was on a foreign world, and this was the first, technically-speaking, form of sentient life that he'd encountered,
[i:3bk5j1ne]Orders be damned,[/i:3bk5j1ne] he thought to himself as he stealthy crept behind a large tree trunk, disengaged his cloak, engaged max-armor and stepped out to confront the whatever it was that was hounding him. He kept his HMG pointed down, though, he was ready to snap it to his shoulder should this little 'encounter' go up the shit-creek.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth talked aloud, Hopeing the aasimar would hear. "What is your problem? First you crashland on MY homeplanet, Then you run away from help, and a guide through the forest? Well then, Maybe i should just leave you here to starve you little bigot..." Gareth grunted, Thinking, He knew he could not leave him, Not for just running away, It was against his code as a future knight, and as a cleric of Kord.

"Or we could just talk this over *Groan* I am obliged to help you, I am a traveling knight and cleric of Kord, I am obliged to help out the good, kindhearted and deserving, and to defend the weak from danger. If you don't want my help you don't have to take it, but you will starve in the forest without it..."

Gareth snickered at his comment of protecting the weak, Muttering something along the lines of 'if the weak can run this fast maybe they don't need help.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((one FYI for ya Gareth; Onix's a Half-elf hybrid clone, not an aasimar, which is my other character, Veraka))
Onix gave a inquisitorial look to this 'knight' as he described himself; fortuantely for the clone, his helmet prevented anyone from seeing his facial reactions.

"My problem," he growled, "is that on my descent, an over-sized bloody lizard with wings came up and tried to fry my ass; my problem is that I know not the first thing about the world that my boots are planted on, and what it's known as," he said in an dark tone. "As for your offer as a guide, I'm not gonna refuse help; the reason that I ran was because my orders specified that I do so. Since you haven't attacked me yet, I'm gonna assume that I'm not even in the Milky Way galaxy anymore."

Onix's keen hearing, amplified by his armor's audio detection systems, caught the last comment that was nullified.
"Where I come from, only the strongest survive; if you're weak, then you die, it's that simple."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Maroon eyes peered from under her hood. she remained unseen above in the trees as a armored cleric teifling and a..a..somthing was below and up the way a bit.
Zarae had been traveling the forest a while. since her last adventure had ended, she had continued traveling with her mount, Moonlight. she had now been on the surface several months and had begin to understand more of the surface world, but she was still niave to many things, and curosity was too much now.
She sent a mental message to Moonlight who appeared beneath the tree. levitating herself down onto the horse (unicorn desent actually, story behind it and such).
"lets so see what they want," she whispered.
the house trotted twords them, cautiously.

a midnight black horse appeared on their horizon in the tree clearing and trotted tword them. His silver mane and tail glistened in the sunlight(?). one distinct feature, able to be spotted from their distance was the cresent shaped white spot on his forehead and the magical aura surrounding it. the horse had no saddle, no bridle. no means of controlling it, yet it was yeilding to her.
for upon the tall steed was a cloak female. her lean structure and way she carried herself made it clear she was elven. as she neared Moonlight slowed. Zarae cast a shielding around them. she crossed her arms, a sign of peace, and spoke in drow, "vendui. I came in peace."
she watched carefully, reflexes ready should they prove hostile.
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix was still waiting for a response from the hybrid when his radar detected more movement to his left flank.
Reflexes kicking in, Theta-180 snapped his M90 up to his shoulder and started to scan the immediate area for any more 'visitors'. He got his answer lined up in the holographic scope of his rifle in the form of a matte-black horse with a silvery mane; on the the elegant creature was seated a cloaked elven form, much like himself, only quite a bit more slender and shorter.
His initial scan of the pair told him that the horse was male, whilst the elf was female. [i:2fziaq0j]And drow to boot[/i:2fziaq0j] Onix thought to himself as he recognized the language; Earth had dark elves as well, so naturally, Onix had received training in the language. Though this female spoke in a strange dialect of it.
"Vendui, yourself," he responded, lowering his rifle and nodding his helmet in her direction.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth muttered loudly at the fact that that statement sounded like he was just a drow with fancier Armor than he should. He decided it was in his best interest to guide him. "Alright then, Come along if you wish, Im taking you to the nearest Inn, You must be tired from all the running and passing out and space travel, If you wish i can tell you about our world, and its customs..."

Gareth Paused when he saw the beast on the horizon, He saw the outline of a drow woman on a horse. He answered back in drow "Welcome, I was just taking this... Man to an Inn when you came along, If you wish to accompany us, Tis' No trouble."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix's headset picked up the grumbling coming from the hybird. "You could say that of me," he responded, evenness in his tone.
"As to your offer for explaining where in blue blazes I am, yeah, that'd be a nice change a pace."
He turned to the newly arrived drowess, and said, "I agree with the hybrid; you can tag along if you wish, and potentially help explain where in the fierfekkin hell I am."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

She nodded to their invite, still unsure what the humanoid was. Zarae threw her hood back revealing her unusal red streak silver hair. her dress was of one from the underdark; midnight blue spidersilk shirt, crimson piwafwi, black knee-high magical boots. the most clear indicator, however, was the house insignia pinned on her piwafwi. it marked her a noble, even if her house had been destroyed. she didnt looked very armed neither apart from the shoulder strap that carried 6 throwing daggers. but she had many more hidden weapons on her person.
she saw the teifling's reaction to the alien, "I think he would prefer not to be called hybrid. i mean just looking at him as I'm guessing a holy warrior," she said trying to lighten the mood. "But I have nothing to do, so I guess we can come. I'm Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar, this is Moonlight," she said them both.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~