A Clone Encounter

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix nods at Zarae and opens up his comlink to contact Hawk-15.

The sniper notices a subtle twitch from Zarae, barely noticable; but to a sniper's keen, Stalker bring his railgun out and up; shouldering it, the sniper sends a round out blazing a path right over Onix within a few inches of his shoulder. Within a split second, the hypersonic bullet blew past their unknown assailant's head, barely a a few feet from being a kill shot.

Onix spun around and scanned the immediate vicinity for the threat; at once his crimson-red eyes settled onto their unknown intruder.
"Now who in the hell is that?" he asked as the rest of Theta squad leveled their weapons to where Stalker had his rifle aimed.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

As the alien named Stalker raised his weapon, Drakin found the reason why. He melted into the shadows as the strange light once again issued from it. He moved from shadow to shadow, covering distance as fast as he could. Drakin moved further into the woods, behind the stranger.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

I'm thinking we have more company," replies the bard. "The question is- whether it is friendly or not, eh?" He slips his blades out again, but does not enlarge them yet.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

Rylta'rs head snapped in the direction the sniper fired his bullet in. He'd let out an annoyed groan as he moved his hands to his pouch, readying reagents once more. [i:1mcztd4e]I swear, if there's one more group after this one I'm leaving all but Lynx behind and heading to the plane of shadows.[/i:1mcztd4e]
Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

Zanathie quickly found the shadows of a nearby bush and hid, noting that the group she had been observing had seen her. [i:zom0thjr]This isn't good[/i:zom0thjr], she thought to herself. She noticed that one of the group members was missing. The half drow. [i:zom0thjr]How did he slip away without me seeing him?[/i:zom0thjr]

She quickly retreated down the hill she had climbed and saw out of her peripheral vision something or someone closing in behind her. She silently drew her bow, slipped behind cover an silently awaited her opponent.

"This is going to be harder than I'd anticipated," she said quietly to herself.
Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

Lynx signed as they were delayed again, reaching to her satchel and taking out a piece of charcoal and a tiny glass orb. Crushing the charcoal between her fingers and tossing the orb into the air took only a couple of seconds, enough to mutter the spell - and the [i:32muy35q]Invisibility Sphere[/i:32muy35q] cloaked her, Ryltar and the clones standing not far from her. The orb never hit the ground, vanishing as the last arcane word of the incantation escaped the magess' lips.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix muttered to himself at yet another delay of returning to his mothership as he heard Ryltar's comment. Turning to the mage, the clone said "Ryltar, you are perfectly okay to go out and away if you wish; normally we aren't this wanted or even for that matter, get this much attention, but I remind you that this is your world, not ours; so it makes sense that [b:jkztv7ql]someone[/b:jkztv7ql] would take notice of our presence and send for us to be delivered to them. It makes tactical and logical sense to capture an offworlder, especially if they are like my squad and me. Advanced in both technology and weaponry."

"Stalker, who are we up against now?" he said to his sniper.

The sniper zoomed in to view their newest arrival, even as Lynx's Invisibility Sphere cloaked the squad.
"Half-drow, like our friend Drakin; I'd say a hunter of sorts, perhaps a tracker. Female, about 5' 8" tall, athletic frame, and well attuned to her environment."
Stalker continued to track
Last edited by veraka on Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin crouched in the undergrowth of the woods as he stalked the half-drow.

[i:235fz7tn]Why in the Nine Hells am I doing this?[/i:235fz7tn] he wondered to himself. He didn't even know any of the people yet here he was, stalking an enemy of those aliens. Sighing he just shrugged and decided to think of the reason later, perhaps after he could find some of the drinks the aliens had on board their ships, hopefully.

He moved behind the half-drow.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Zanathie Avuna
Maid
Maid

Post by Zanathie Avuna »

Zanathie's acute senses told her that someone was trying to sneak up on her. [i:11m44puf]I don't think so.[/i:11m44puf] Little to her attackers knowledge, she had a little surprise up her sleeve.

[i:11m44puf]Vladmir, come.[/i:11m44puf] She commanded her animal companion to come to her aid. Within an instant Vladmir was at her side. He lifted his head to look at his next meal, sharp blue eyes gleaming with delight of a good fight. He was a snow tiger with black stripes on thick white fur that ran along his massive feline body, claws sharper than the finest of swords, and teeth the width of two fingers put together. He had the power of a bear and the speed of a cheetah. [i:11m44puf]Calm yourself, Vlad, calm,[/i:11m44puf] she soothed the massive snow tiger. [i:11m44puf]Don't attack unless he attacks you, understood?[/i:11m44puf] He gave her a quick nod, never taking his eyes off his opponent.

Zanathie looked the half-drow up and down, cautiously. Not sure if she, herself, should attack. She looked him in the eyes and he held her gaze for a solid ten seconds, both debating, but still posed for attack.
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Part 2 is up.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.