A Clone Encounter

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard just looks at Onix, utterly stunned at his attempt at bargaining. "You're new here, so I'm going to assume that's just cultural ignorance talking," he says to the clone, soft enough that only he and Zarae hear. "I don't think they want to hear that sort of thing."

Aloud for the barkeeper and others, he tucks the two blades into his belt, and digs into his belt pouch, carefully enough so that the nervous crowd doesn't think he is preparing an attack. After a moment, he pulls out a small object and tosses it directly to the barkeeper. Sunlight flashes off of something shiny and bright blue as the man moves to catch it- a large, perfectly clear saphhire the size of his thumb. "Just to show our good will, keep this. And if you don't mind taking a bit of advice, use the coin from it to improve your establishment. The ameneties leave much to be desired."

With that, he turns and strolls casually over to the drow woman and her mount. "Let's go- before our oddly-attired friend here has any more bright ideas." He says to her quietly.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae, kinda snickering at the scene, nodded.
"maybe they will catch on," indicating the other two.
Moonlight turned to head where Lothir suggested. many of the crowd had found/made makeshift weapons, poised and ready to strike at at moment.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix catches all of what Lothir says over his helmet's audio, but is still utterly stunned and shocked that Lothir [b:3si2jsq9]abided[/b:3si2jsq9] by the man's ridiculous request.
Onix had, as the rest of the clones had, been trained with a soldier's sense of honor and duty, and what he just witnessed sent waves of red-hot anger and boiling-hot rage rolling over his consciousness. However, fortunately for the barkeep, like all clones, he'd been trained to keep his wits about him at all times.

[i:3si2jsq9]Remember, ordinary people will often loose their heads because they can't keep their emotions bottled up and under a noose; but you can, you have a infinite bottle for your emotions, so use it. Store as much as you need in there, and when necessary, pop the cork and use it to your advantage[/i:3si2jsq9] his drill instructors had taught him when he and his brothers were only about a 7 years of age.

He took three, very deep breathes of air, and cleared his head, putting his raging emotions away for another time, another place. He then thought about the situation from a tactical perspective; and from that point of view, Lothir's actions spoke for themselves.

The clone gave the man a look that, even though his helmet was on, made the barkeep take a step or two backwards. Then turned about, and walked off toward where Zarae and Lothir were waiting, muttering "Stupid fucking asshole," in regards to the barkeep.

The group then began to withdraw, with Onix bringing up the rear, should any of the would-be fighters try and attack one of his three compatriots from behind out of some stupid, misplaced prejudicial ignorance.

They took the road that lead into the forest again, but AWAY from the inn, and traveled for a good few hours, Onix being silent the entire time, until he mumbles a question; "Why did you do that?"
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard just sighs, shaking his head with a resigned smile. "You've got a lot to learn about interacting with common folk. I've learned that a little well-timed distraction goes a long way toward solving most problems. As does playing on peoples' basic sense of greed. Notice he is not longer so interested in removng our heads? Problem solved- WITHOUT the need for violence. Mind, I doubt any of us will ever be welcome in this hamlet again, but that's a loss I can accept, if it saves lives."

He shrugs, and continues on after Zarae. "Besides, my faith teaches that we should repay rudness with kindness, for it often changes minds. I was simply doing that." He stops to consider for a moment. "You were raised in the military, yes? I spent many years in a military school. I understand the mind-set; I just don't happen to agree with it. Killing should always be a last resort, unless it is a matter of life-and-death. That was not."

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

"Oh man, That was the worst bargaining iv ever seen, You need some practice. So, Where are we off to next, my faithful traveling companions?" Gareth says, Putting the sword back in his sheath and the shield on his back.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix turns his head to Lothir, and responds, "I was born in the military, I was raised in the military, I received all my three decades worth of training in the military; I've lost brothers in the military, I've lived my entire life in the military, and the number one lesson that I've learned in it, as have all the clones like me, is that if one doesn't take responsibility for their actions, then they don't live to see the next day."

He stopped to consider the bard's and the tiefling's statements; "I'm not trained to take the diplomatic route in any situation, so if any of you feel that you wish to take on that roll in the future, be my guest. As for your faith, Lothir; you are fortunate to have learned that way of thinking from whatever deity you worship," he finished off, a slight trace of envy, and sorrow, in his voice.

He then turned to regard his three companions, staring them down through his helmet, "Be glad Lothir, that you weren't born to a world as a last resort science experiment meant to save humanity from bunch of fucking bugs that drain the life outta anything living they touch; be glad that you aren't regarded as a piece of meat from everyone around you, except those whom you call your brothers and sisters on the battlefield; but at the same time, everyone expects you to stick out your neck for their problems, saying that's the reason why you're equipped with the best technology of the time, and the most advanced weapons and armor that your military can develop. Why; because you were bred for it, you were born for it, so it's what's expected of you; to follow your orders to your last dying breath, to fight for the scumbags who created your pitiless existence or those who view you with contempt, and as nothing more than a laboratory experiment gone wrong, and last, but certainly not least, to die at a moments notice because a 'fellow' human is in need of assistance or is about to become another meal for a Life Leecher. Be very glad, each and every single one of you, that you don't live my existence, else, you'd probably be wishing for death on a day by day basis like I do."

With that he turned and continued onward; "and as to your question of our destination, since all of you seem intent on seeing me either away or dead, I've no idea; preferably somewhere where we won't encounter another fucker like that asshole of a bar tender."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zarae looked to Lothir then to the guy, "I dont supose you know much about our people then." Moonlight neighed his agreement. she then incidactes Gareth, "I would guess he has it hard due to his heritage also."
she maintains her calm. "so I wouldnt be so sure so as to speak such, when you know little. our world is not some fantasy for many."(thats sounds too funny by the way...) leaving it open for the bard to spin it in a worthwhile tale.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Fantasy?" Onix said with the tilt of the helmet, "oh, we've known for quite a while that there were others like you out there."

The clone noted the curious glances that he received from all three of them; "All right, if it's doubt that you give me, then. . ." Onix brought his hands up to his helmet, and popped the seals. The resulting hisses of air rushed out as the clone lifted his high-tech helmet off of his head, revealing a young half-elven face; well-built sharp features gave way to a wild elf heritage. His skin was pale, near ghost white, his blood-red eyes glared with passionless remorse, his jet-black hair came down to his shoulders.

"I'm pretty sure that we already had a grasp on fantasy when the genetic engineers who designed me and my brothers did so; believe me when I say that if we think that you and your 'world' here are a fantasy, we've got a pretty good grasp on that aspect of randomness. Back in my galaxy and on my mothership orbiting Toril right now, we have every type of species of humanoid biped that I've seen so far serving among our ranks."

Onix then decided to enjoy something that he knew would calm him down; he pulled out a package of Rollos, opened it up, and popped one of the chocolate covered caramels into his mouth, savoring the delicious flavor of the candy as it melted in his mouth; "anyone of you ever tasted chocolate?" he asked, extending the Rollos toward Zarae, Lothir, and Gareth.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Chocolate?" the bard asks, his eyes lighting up under the hood. He takes one of the pieces. "Haven't tasted it in a while. We do have it back on my world- I was introduced to it by a candy-seller a few months after I first went top-side. Seems we had a mutual aquaintance- a little girl I met when I was hiding in her family's barn during a rainstorm. She called me a chocolate elf!" He luaghs, remembring the innocent way she had spoken to him without fear or prejudice.

He eats it slowly, savoring the sweetness, before replying to the other's commentary. "I wonder, though- do you REALLY know about what our kind are like HERE?" He asks Onix. "What you described of your life is not so different from that of most males of our People. In most drow cities- even the one I spent half my life in- most males are considered servants and battle-fodder at best. The women rule, and they keep US around for two reasons only. As mates, or troops in the armies of their respective Houses. We are allowed to live only so long as we prove ourselves useful in one capacity or the other, or occasionally as mages to increase the strength of our House. The Matrons who rule expect us to perform our 'duties' without question, and without failure, or we are killed. Sound familiar?"

He turns to regard the clone, a thoughtful frown on his ebon features. "We may not have been experiments like you, but our lives are no less expendable. most males never even question their place. They simply do as thy are told, because they know that to do otherwise means being tortured and sacrificed, or even worse, to be turned into an abomination clled a drider, and spend one's life hunted like vermin or kept alone in some dark pit to unleash on the enemies on one's House."

"You are right, though. I was lucky enough- if one can call it that, living in a House divided in rulership between a Patron AND his Consort when he was absent- to avoid some of the worst aspects of our People's society. But I was still expected to uphold the power of our House to my last breath, if need be. To be the sole heir, and yet still treated as little better than a slave by one's own parents, with no say in how one's own life is lived, just for the sake of the honor of one's house- and I use the term honor VERY loosely. And during my time in the Academy, I was treated no differently than any other male- that is to say, I was expected to follow and obay the same laws, to do whatever any female asked of me, and to become a killing machine, simply because that was what my family required of me, regardless of how I felt about it."

"But enough of that. I don't believe any of us ever said we wanted you dead or gone. I can't speak for the others on that, but Gareth and I have both had some experience with people coming from other worlds more advanced in machines than we are. What is it you are looking for here?"

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zarae's eyes got big. her first time having chocolate was a few months ago solving a towns problems in the middle of the tundra.
she extended her hand for one, whispering the spell for detect posion, a habit she always did, before popping it into her mouth.
"Lothir's right. I am, well [i:1tw75cmk]was [/i:1tw75cmk] from a noble house from one of our ansecteral cities. My twin brother and I were close, but in the family status, we were not viewed equally. Males are normally view just above slaves in value. Nilree ended up turning to the Masked Lord, with the house weapon master."
a bit of sadness was in her eyes as she talked of him. for as far as she knew, he had perished along with everyone else. she believed she was the lone survivor. "But the Dark Maiden offers equality from males and females as well as a new life, redemption in the light above."
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Mon May 03, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix popped another chocolaty caramel into his mouth, also handing them off to the three compatriots around him, before continuing, "As a matter of fact it does. I was one of the lucky ones, as they say. Out of 36,000 duplicates of us that they created, only 9000 of us survived, either due to the training, or poor condition specs, or even if one of them had an attitude, they were dicarded, end of story." He chuckled as a random thought came over him, "I wonder if any of the male drow here would consider joining up with the Marines, if you describe their existence to be like that," he paused to cock a brow at the bard, giving a look of both malice and sadness. "As mates AND soldiers you say, well I have to admit, I almost envy them now, to a degree; unless of course, you're talking about for the simple purpose of breeding more loyalists."

He stopped to give an inquisitive look to Lothir; "An abomination that is hunted, hmmm. Sounds a lot like the Life-Leechers that we were bred to hunt, and kill. Except now, we hunt our own, the very humans and elves and dwarves that we swore on our synthetic lives to protect now serve our enemies. So we hunt them down, kill them without remorse; no compassion, no mercy, just retribution, that's all we do. Ring a bell?" he replied back to Lothir's sentiments.

The clone watched Zarae, his blood-red eyes gauging her, reading her body language and expressions; he caught onto the sorrow that went through her eyes at the mention of her brother. Onix dipped his head, closing his eyes; "I know how it feels to lose a brother," a hint of compassion and understanding behind his tone.

At the mention of this 'Dark Maiden', and Lothir's question, he perked up. The clone thought for a moment, then answered, "Dark Maiden you say, never heard of her; and as to what I'm looking for, well technically the only folks that can answer that are up there," he pointed a thumb toward the sky, "so for right now, I suppose I'll take an interest in this 'Dark Maiden' that Zarae has mentioned."

It was then that he realized that there was a sound coming from his helmet, his blood froze as he realized that it was his motion-sensing radar going off. Pocketing the chocolate, Onix replaced his helmet, and unslung his M92 'Mauler' HMG. The clone found the blips on his radar, slammed the rifle stock up against his shoulder plate, and took aim in the direction of the blips.
"Eight unknown tangos, about 200 yards out," he whispered to the rest of the party; Onix couldn't quite make out the looks of the unknowns, however. . .
((ok, next person who posts, they've got the say as to who our 'guests' are; be inventive, i.e could be the enemies that Onix faces, with high tech weaponry and armor, or just your ordinary bandits. be creative which ever way you decide to go, and have fun:devil: ))
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((hmmmm...went looking for something havent seen...))

Zarae was about to respond when she sensed it. Moonlight did also, as he tensed and slowed. she still hadnt seen it, but her keen ears heard the unmistakable arcane words.

an unmistakable reek of death assulted the nose.
a long, snakelike body covered with glistening scales of purple and black stripes , and more or less a human female face watched them. it was close to 20 feet long and probably 500 pounds. The eyes of the spirit naga are bright and intelligent, burning with an almost hypnotic inner light as it watched the 4 from the tree. behind it was a small cave.
missiles of magical energy darted forth to strike its targets.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Ooh, a naga! Never played with one of those before. This should be fun.

IC: He hears the sound of the magical missiles streaking in just before they hit, and instinctively falls to the ground as one strikes the tree just behind him. "Vith it, why does it always have to be magic missiles?!" He curses vehemantly, leaping back up. "Can't these spell-casters ever use a different spell once in a while?"

He pulls out his blades, activating their sword form, as he whirls to face their opponent. "And big scaly things. Just once I'd like to be attacked by a fluffy little bunny..." (OOC: Extra points if somone can catch te reference!!)

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((if you mean to refer to the flying bunny of doom from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, I'm gonna laugh :p ))
Some of the magical rockets slam into the clone's chest, but they minorly wind him, feeling more like a couple of heavy punches landing on his chest plate than actual forces of super kinetic energy.

"What the fuck!?" Onix muttered, letting the curse slip as he lined up the newly-acquired hostile in his holo-sights,squeezed the trigger on his weapon, and opened up the snake; his Mauler HMG boomed as it spat .402 caliber AP rounds at the serpentine creature.

He managed to get dozen bullets off before having to roll out of the way of another volley of missiles.
"What in the name of fierfeking hell is that thing?!" he asked before snapping off another five-round burst.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((well, im sure someone could throw in a killer fluffy bunny...lol))

Moonlight picked up the sound and turned as Zarae gracefully flipped off allowing the missile to pass by her. in the same instant she reached for the two silver pendents and activated the magic. two longswords were in her hand, Moonshadow and Stealthwisperer. One was of an adamantine metal, black with a white silver streak down the blade, with ancient elven runes. the hilt was unseen but covered in a special material and capped with a cresent shaped stone. the other was of a mithril make, glowing with a dull bluish light. it's hilt was of a simple make with a small black sapphire welded into it. it light weight and swift movement gave it its name.
she saw the clone use some sort of projectile weapon at what she guessed to be the snake species. "naga I think!" she called. then she quickly vanished from sight (love hide in plain sight!) and made her way around to an advantage point to strike.

the naga begins preperation for her next spell.

((am I supose to do the spirit naga's actions?))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~