A Clone Encounter

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix reacted with an unnatural calm, given the fact that these apparent hooded figures had come into the inn and were questioning the barkeep as to his whereabouts.
To Zarae he said, "later on, remind me to explain, in detail, how I got here to you guys?" He then accessed his suit functions menu within his helmet; "Lothir, Gareth, and. . ." he paused, looking at Zarae, "I don't know your name; what I'm about to do next, do not react at all to it, understand?"
He activated his armor's Mirage cloak system; "Cloak engaged" came the voice from within his helmet; Within less than a split second, his armor rendered him completely invisible, as thousands of light-bending particles were spread over his armor and held in place via a magnetic field that was projected from the suit.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae laughed, "forgot already? or is our language to hard?"
when he vanished she just shook her head. "most anyone here can do that. I can do it just as easy as a spell could. and anyone can see you with a true seeing too."
turning to the bard, "I'm Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar. but most just call me Zarae."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"A pleasure to meet you, milady," he says with a low dip from his chair. He notes the hunter's disappearance with a hint of humor. "She's right you know. Invisibility is one of the first spells most magic-users learn." There is a flash of white as he grins broadly underthe hood, then he glances back at the door. "No one I know," he mutters softly.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Be that as it may on this world, where I come from, this is standard issue; it's just this model has a few special add ons," the clone replied in a low voice; "oh, and if our three 'guests' leave suddenly, well, you should be able to guess who it was."

Onix then back-flipped outta his seat, and still cloaked, walked over to the group of three 'guests', his footsteps completely muffled by the sound-dampening technology built into the armor and cloak itself.

Gauging the distance between the three and the door, the clone shoved one of the newcomers, and bolted out the door. Hearing the commotion that was going on inside, Onix engaged strength-mode, and leaped onto the sloped roof, landing on top with but slightest sound. Switching back to the Mirage cloak, he waited for the guests to exit.

The 'odd' newcomer that suddenly went crashing into his colleagues hissed. All of them spun around to see rhe door slam open but with nobody pushing it. Nodding to each other, the three exited the building.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Well, that was certainly interesting," the bard comments drily. "Anyone care to see what's going on?" He rises, gulping down his wine and heads for the door.

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

"it shouldnt be boring today. I mean we get someone from another realm, and not anyone even related to ours."
Zarae jumped up, her hood still covering her face, walked to the door. and watched the three look for they distrubence.
She looked over to the other at the door then stepped outside as more of the patrons gathered.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

"I'm with you Lothir, This is a little different from the regular bar scene." He gets up from the chair, pushing it in and heading out the door.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix saw the last of the three hooded enemies exit the inn and begin looking for him. With the agility and precision that only three decades of non-stop training could give, the clone jumped down right as his three newly met 'friends' came out.

His armor turned red as he engaged strength mode and kicked out toward the last enemy that was in front of him, bashing his knee into pieces.
The hooded figure opened his mouth to scream out in pain, but nothing came out, save for the gurgling noise that was caused by Onix; as the guy reeled backwards, Onix ejected his right wrist-mounted vibroblade, and brought it up and into the back of the man's skull. The blade pushed itself up and through the man's skull, protruding from his skull.

Onix used his other arm to wipe the now dead man off of his blade; by the this time, the other two had turned around. One of them charged Onix, with his sword drawn.

The SPARTAN went into a three-move combo, first palming the charger in his sternum, effectively winding the man; he then brought both his open hands around and then slammed the guy in both of his ears, rupturing the ear drums. The man howled in pain as he began to pour blood from the ears. Onix then brought his knee up and into the man's gut; he doubled over, and Onix wrapped an arm around the man's neck and began to pull up. The man struggled wildly as the commando continued to wrench his spine apart. A very audible wet 'CRACK' emanated from the figures back and he went limp.

Onix unceremoniously dumped the body to the ground, and turned to see the third and final hooded figure with his arm wrapped around a young elf waitress who had come to see the spectacle.

"Don't do anything pretty, odd-one or my blade might slip;" he indicated the knife that he had to the waitresses throat.
The man didn't get another word out as a sprays of red mist protruded from the back of his head. The reason; the clone, in under the blink of an eye, had drawn his silenced sidearm and pumped two rounds into each of the man's eyes. The body crumpled to the ground, blood leaking out of the bullet holes.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Ah, now might be a good time to vacate the immediate area," the bard says quietly. "I think the locals are getting a little upset about the disturbance." He jerks his head toward several on-lookers, who do not seem pleased at the display of violence in front of their tavern, in spite of the clone'srescuing the waitress. "I think we should find an elsewhere to be." He says, slowly and carefully backing away from the crowd, being careful to keep his face hidden beneath the hood. He knows drow are most likely not welcme.

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zarae looks back as the other two join her at the door. "agreed," she whispers to Lothir.
She sent a mental command to Moonlight who came trotting out of the tree. "now what?"
the angry barkeep begins heading their way. Hopping up on his back her hood slips slightly and some of her red streaked silver hair falls out the side and lessens the shadow on her obsidian face.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Gareth quickly draws his sword and takes his shield in the other hand, and slips on his helm, Rushing towards the exit, Noticing two other men cloaked with the same colors, He charged towards them and put a hidden dagger through one's eye, not killing im, But leaving the other one open, He quickly brought up his hands, slamming his palms alternatively into his face, Breaking his nose, He then keeled him over onto his knee, and promptly broke his neck with a single chop to the neck, He killed the other with his sword.

"Quick! Lets go!"
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix nods at Lothir's comment and began to withdraw, but then noticed a very angry crowd gathering around them, and an even angrier barkeep approaching them, particularly Zarae and Lothir.

After seeing the quick but brutal engagement between more goons and Gareth, Onix turns his head toward Gareth; "Hold on to that idea, Gareth."

The clone then intercepted the barkeep with a few good strides and planted himself firmly in between his path toward the two drow allies of his.
"Ya mind movin yerself outta me way?" the barkeep asked in a heavy accent.
"I would if I didn't think that you held contempt for my allies standing behind me," he said, pointing at Lothir and Zarae.
"Them cursed drow and da no-good tiefling cause the problem, and I intend to solve that problem," the barkeep fumed. The growing mob agreed with the sentiment.

"If you believe that I'm going to step aside and let my newfound comrades become pincushions for your misdirected prejudices, then you'd better remember two things," Onix growled.

"Yeah, and wha're those?"

"One: I'm the one who attracted this ruckus to your establishment, so I'm the one who's to blame for this; two: if you saw what I did to those three goons, don't think that I won't do the same to you just because I saved your precious inn. If you don't quit this stupid BULLSHIT, I WILL do the same to you," he jabbed the bartender in the chest with a finger; "and don't think that you others aren't included in that threat," he ejected his vibroblade to emphasize his point.

"So, assholes, what'll it be, huh?" he growled, his voice carrying an extremely hard-edged, threatening tone behind it.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard slaps his head in his hand, shaking it in resignation. "I knew it would come to this..." he mutters darkly. He dips down to whip the two daggers from his boots, holding them ready just in cse, but steps up just behind the armored Onix. "Perhaps we can come to a more diplomatic resolution here?" he suggests. "We could simply pay for any damages and leave- QUIETLY," he says, turning to looks at the clone and Gareth pointedly. "We did not want any trouble here, good sir, any more than you do. I offer you my apologies." e gives the man a low bow, and slowly backs away toward Zarae's mount.

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Moonlight whinneied, clearly unhappy about the situation. he paws the ground as the clone interecpts. Zarae was about to adjust her hood, but the keep guy already guessed hers and Lothir's race.
"We want a peaceful solution," she says crossing her arms in front of her as a sign of peace. of course it also puts her hands on 2 of her hidden daggers, despite the 6 visible on the strap.
since Lothir steps closest to her, "think this is a bad time to say we follow the Dark Maiden?" she whispers, "and if it gets to ugly, Moonlight can teleport to the forset (i'm guessing if yall touch him then yall can too)"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix withdrew the blade and lowered his arm; at Lothir's forced statement, he merely nodded his head.
The barkeep nodded, though he still maintained his hostile visage; "That'll do, though there is the terms of how much you owe. If my mind figurs it correctly, you and your 'party' owe me about a ten platinum worth o' damages and jeopardizing me customers."

The clone didn't know anything about Toril's trade system, but from the sudden change in expressions, he guessed that the amount specified was an outrageous sum.
Onix stepped within inches of the man's face; "WE are not going to pay for any of it, I however, will pay for everything. . ."
"Good, then pay up," the barkeep interrupted, shoving his hand out toward Onix.

Onix continued in an even tone, a slight hint of annoyance making itself evident; "I will, and in a way, I already have." He held up a hand, indicating for the barkeep to hold his tongue; "if you recall, I'm the one who not only led those goons outside, thereby, keeping you out of any direct harm, and that of your dear patrons. I was also the one who eliminated the three initial goons free of charge, and didn't charge you for services that I rendered despite your stupidity; so from my perspective, I've already done you several services for free, which is a very, VERY gratuitous gift, given my temperament. So, before you decide to go ranting on about your pitiful predicament, keep in mind what I just did for you for FREE."
The barkeep was drop-jaw and taken aback by how fluidly and with how much logic, the clone had made his counter-argument.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix