Ascent from Darkness (part 2)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Ascent from Darkness (part 2)

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae continued thru the house, her cowl pulled low. many here would likely be able to see the magical tattoo on her face. and being from a noble house, she wasnt sure how anyone would treat her. finally more people began to move around, many heading (those in the house) to a ornate door. when it was open, whiffs of food hit her. she also saw a growing crowd. some her age, some older. a few younger.
she neared the door and paused, not knowing what she should do.

Zar walked the halls checking wards.
--
Matron Mae'Vir cursed, even threw what she got her hands on at her eldest daughter, wizard, and the Red Sisters. "how could yall let them escape? wheres that stupid male!"
"please matron, we have no idea how."
"you let a girl and a non-priestess outwit you? I didnt not raise such stupid daughters did I?"

a knock interupted the meeting. and Mae'Vir's face grew even redder that before.

((if u wanna play another npc or anything, your welcome to))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((ok))
Dacuda and his mistress, the daemonfey Ahuanatae, waited patiently at the door that led to Matron Mae'Vir; the vampire knew that he would have a bit of explaining to do to Matron Mae'Vir; fortunately for him, Ahuantae had showed up, both because of and for his quarry.

Veraka continued forward, explaining to both Xaeraen and Volas how he nearly lost his life, when he chanced upon a large crowd. Two things about the crowd stuck out at him: one was that, he noticed that same young female drowling that he'd encountered at Mayae's place among their ranks; two was the source of the crowd. Veraka let both the young ones down off of his shoulders and said to them, "Do you see that young female, with, the intricate shapes on her face; I want you to go talk to her, ok."
"But she's a noble-born," they protested.
"And so are you, now go; she looks sad." They both nodded and zipped off toward Zarae. ((You can do the conversation; I'm gonna have my hands full with this))

He walked through the ranks of spectators to discover the drow that he had helped to escape were brawling amongst themselves, well four of them were anyways.

"Are you a fool Chaszmyr; dwelling among the ranks of the Dark Maiden's worshipers; I know you to be a fool, but to go this far is absolute hysteria," the female sergeant spat; she was backed by one male.

"You're the fool, Burryna. Did you see how that surfacer fought? He was like a beast, only from the Hells themselves; he could have killed you, me, all of us, but he didn't. I don't need a second opinion on choosing who I'll follow if this is how they learn to fight among the Elistraeens."
The female hissed at the remark and drew her weapons on Chaszmyr. He drew his own weapon; the actions drew some interesting comments from the crowd.

"You are the one who's been brainwashed, and now I'll cleanse that mistake." With that, Burryna lunged forward and swiped at Chaszmyr. He deflected the blow, narrowly grazing a child among the spectators.
He was then lifted off the ground as Veraka grabbed him by the back and tossed him to the ground, away from the crowd. The storm warrior then turned his attention to the female.
"You," she breathed, "You're the one who brought this upon us!" With that, she and the male backing her, charged Veraka, their weapons shining.

The storm warrior brought his left knee up to his chest and kicked out toward the male, sending him backwards, onto his ass. Not caring about his potential injury, Veraka caught one of Burryna's blades in his glove, blocking the other with his shield; tightening his grip on the sword, Veraka pulled it out of her hand and sent it skittering across the stone surfacer.

It was what he did next that drew some oo's and aww's from the crowd; she came in stabbing wildly. Accepting a number of hits, Veraka came up and under her, and with a sharp upper-cut, stunned her. Then, twisting and tensing his muscles, he executed a heavy, powered left-hook. They punch connected, sending her crashing into the wall.
Veraka walked over Burryna, and, grabbing her by the collar of her armor, hoisted her a solid five feet off the ground.
"You," he pointed toward Chaszmyr, "bind her partner. The male did it, keeping an eye on the other adversary.

Veraka turned back to the female; "ARE YOU A FREAKING IDIOT?!!" he screamed into her face.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

(this might not be too good, didnt sleep good...so out of it)

Zarae was about to enter when she heard more coming. she peaked behind her, but continued to just stand their. the male she saw earlier was telling the two go speak with her.
they came up to her and acted shy. Zarae, not knowing how to interact with others well was sure either. "um, yes?"
"he told us to come over here. so we wanna say vendui."
she looked confused but the sounds from the cafeteria drew everyone's attention. the three drowlings entered to a fight inside.
--
"open the stupid door," Mae'Vir called. she sat on her black sapphire throne as the two entered.
"just who I was needing to see." working har to hold her temper then and not throttle anyone.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka continued to hold the struggling Burryna by her collar; "you're brought here for a sanctuary, even given a second chance; and what do you do. YOU THROW IT ALL DOWN TO THE HELLS!!! Are really that much of a BLIND FOOL??!!"
The storm warrior continued to 'lecture' the female about her idiotic mistakes; all the while Xaeraen and Volas continued to chat with Zarae.
"He's the one who rescued us from the evil monsters in the caves; he tore them apart, and said that he'd even bring both me and sis to the surface one day," Volas said to Zarae, looking up at her and pointing to the armored aasimar.

"I'm glad you're needing to see the both of us, for that is why I have come, and quell that raging firestorm in you. It serves little purpose," spoke Ahuanatae, her demonic wings spreading out. Dacuda stood beside his mistress, but said not a word.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Mae'Vir looked at them, her eyebrows arched then eyes narrowed.
"well, now your here. speak. my patience is thin as it is. and the sight of the male is wearing it thinner."
--
Zarae nodded. she could believe it. he was holding up the female and dealing with them.
"the surface?" she asked. her mind flashed back to the day he asked if she wanted to go. how she tried to get Nilree out before...
Zarae shook her head, determined to not let anyone see such...weakness in her.
"where are yall from?" she mustered.
--
Zar head the commotion and rushed to the cafeteria. she missed most it. upon entering the scene surprised her.
"what is going on?" she asked.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Ahuanatae narrowed her eyes at the matron mother; "then hold it together momentarily; 'that' male upheld his part of the bargain," she indicated her underling, "at least until he encountered out prey, then your prey got away. Suffice to say that is part of the reason I'm here. I need not remind you of my acquaintance with the Spider Queen," she said, her face giving off the expression of a threat.

The female, Burryna, was terrified of the huge warrior that held her now, up and off the ground.
"If you're so strong, why not end it for me?" she spat, attempting to sound angered, and failing miserably.
"You wish me to do THIS?!!" he exclaimed, wrapping an armored hand around her neck. She braced for the killing squeeze, but it didn't come; the warrior stood there, glaring her in the eyes with blazing silver orbs.
Veraka held Burryna there for a while, his hand applying a constant pressure to her throat, but not in killing fashion. It was when he saw Zarstra that he released the hold, only slightly though.
"You can blaze through our enemies troops, cutting them down like ribbons with your swords, hold off a powerful elite vampire, the likes of which I've never seen, and take on a yochlol, a handmaiden of the Spider Queen herself, and kill it;" the statement brought expressions of disbelief from the crowd. Burryna continued, "and yet you don't posses the strength to end the life of one miserable, forsaken female such as myself?! she half-yelled, half-asked.
The storm warrior brought her within centimeters of his face and for moment, and felt the berserker stir within him, wanting to show her what death truly meant; Xaeraen and Volas thought that their indestructible hero would turn dark.
"It's because you deserve death, yet I don't give it; that is what gives me the strength you speak of. That is what it means to truly know mercy and justice," his voice rose in intensity as he continued That is why I am a paladin of the Dark Maiden, and a storm warrior of the Platinum Dragon!" He said with finality.
Xaeraen and Volas cheered for him.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Mae'Vir knew how the Spider Queen was. she may have been aquaintences, but Lloth was fickle. and she knew many athings, for she wasnt first Matron for nothing all these long years.
she was dangerously cool now, "I can see how well he did. how did you kill you assignment hmmm?" she taunted. "he did so well, that a child escaped him? as well as a non-priestess?"
--
Zar was still confused. she looked to the others for answers.

Zarae watched, wondering how this would end. she knew the other female was baiting the surfacer. for one would only do so if they believed they would live thru it.

(still not what i wanted, but my thinker aint working well)
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Dacuda looked to his mistress for confirmation to speak up; Ahuanatae gave her confirmation with a wave of her hand; she knew what was going through the matron mothers head at the moment, and, while it was true Lolth was fickle, and the was being tentative, Lolth was also not one to let the defeat of one of her handmaidens go lying down. Anyone who had the capability to defeat a handmaiden of the Spider Queen could easily fell any priestess of Lolth, as well as any Matron mother.
"Matron Mae'Vir, though my target that you assigned me got away, it was not ALL in vain; I now have confirmation that my prey IS within your city." He used the term 'your' merely as a power enhancer, knowing that the matron was nearly in full control of the city.

This time, Ahuanatae spoke up, "and where his prey goes for refuge among this city, you can bet that is where you'll find your precious prize," she said this in a matter-of-fact tone.

Volas ran up to Lady Zarstra and tugged on her dress(?)
"He did it, Lady Zarstra!" the youngling spoke in a excited tone.

Veraka continued to hold Burryna in the air.
"Now do you understand why I will not end your life?" he asked her, his eyes still glowing silver.
For the first time in all her life, Burryna felt a new emotion come up; it was sorrow.

Volas looked up to Zarstra, "why is she crying, Lady Zarstra?" he asked with that young, naive look on his face.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix