The Vale of Shadow (Part 3)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He sheathed the spikes of his and shrugged slowly" only thing I wish I knew how to do, was shadow play like that. I relied on true stealth, and with that I was feared." Looking to Aurora" you're one hurting canine by the looks of it... you two need to rest." he nodded slowly as he was already going through bags." Why I am thankful, I lack any celestial or infernal blood in my veins. I'm already on that." He took out some flasks and a couple of small sacks." A potion for both of you to drink, and some salve to start spreading on the burns. When we're done, lets get you two into some cool water. I know some plants to help with the burns." There was a pause before he started to bind up the fey'ri, binding her in elven rope and silks. Making sure they were tight he spoke low" Quenya, if you can hear me, I am sure you can. This is one of your prizes. I do keep my word." Gagging the fey'ri he moved up to his feet and moved from them." I'm going to check on our fire wielding friends.. Something doesn't seem right. If she moves the wrong way, hit her in the temple region, or the cheek.. the trauma should knock her back out."
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Agreed, finding Pyro-nut should be easy, but something seems oddball about this entire fight, and thanks," he said, accepting the potions and healing salves. He downed the potion, and offered the other to Aurora, whom gladly accepted it.
"I believe Inrii took off after our main target, though I haven't seen her," Veraka said as he proceeded to apply some of the salves to his major burns.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He nodded slowly as Eili emerged from her hiding spot and went on ahead" Smart cat... I wish at times you were a displacer beast... or a dire animal.. would have made things more interesting." He continued on heading into the next room. Looking around he shook his head silently " I don't see any...." Eili spotted something and pawed at the ground. Moving down he touched the floor brushing his hand over the dust. Something I think was dragged here.." He moved on again, the ranger training kicking in, of course tracking as a whole was used by assassins. Find your target, track and eliminate... simple. As he moved around his hand landed on a piece of material. Stopping he picked it up and looked at it. Moving to some pieces of wooden debris he cast a small firespell on it to get some light coming. Looking at what he had he raised a brow." The hell? Veraka, I found something interesting here. When you two are ready, mind coming inside and taking a look? I found a mask." His mind going back and he shook his head. before sitting atop of a crate eili still moving around looking for other clues." Some things make sense, and then they suddenly don't.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The aasimar finished applying the soothing healing agent to his arms and legs, feeling the salve start to patch up his burns, or at least stop the effects that the hellfire had on him. After that, he moved to Aurora and started to coat her fur with solution. She yipped lightly as it stung, but nothing serious. After that, he buckled his armor back on and with a little effort and a bit of pain coursing through his veins, Veraka got back up and to his feet. He gave the unconscious fey'ri a smack on the head, just cause he was pissed, though it wasn't on the temple, more of cheek smack.
"Foul temptress of lust and desire," he cursed, grabbing his shield and clipping it to his back, then sheathing his swords. Afterward, he, with Aurora, came over to Zek and his familiar.

Veraka eyed the mask in the ranger's hand; "you found that on the floor randomly?" he asked, not quite sure what to make of it. Aurora started to put her nose to good work.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding" Basically, I don't think it'd be placed there deliberately." he tossed it over to him and shook his head" Something's going on. I don't see either her, or the lizard. Which is unusual... and notice, no ayla? I have hunches to as what happened, but the question is where. "
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka caught the mask one-handed and gave it a thorough look over with his celestial vision, seeing if anything could be detected; his silver eyes glowed as he looked it over carefully. He did note the same aura pattern as Inrii. "Strange," was all he said as he lowered the mask.

Aurora came upon a patch of earth that caught her attention; she raised her head, ears poised straight up; [i:3os5l99f]there was a battle here; two contestants, both elf in stature. The victor was of a slight heavier build.[/i:3os5l99f] she thought outwards to both the ranger and the warrior.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding slowly he listened to him, then to Aurora and spoke" has to be Inrii and Ayla. I wonder where they took her We could go through the whole city, leaving nothing unturned. Of course burning it to the ground seems viable to me, but you probably wouldn't agree to that."
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The aasimar looked to the ranger, a grin forming on his face, "now who said that I was diagreeing with you; the only flaw I see in your silver lining of that thought is that if we did decide to go pyro-crazy on this pitiful city, there's a strong chance we'd kill Inrii in the process. I'm not saying that I find the idea abhorred, just that, while I believe Inrii could easily escape such a scenario, she's most likely bound and gagged in some place that would either be buried under the flaming rubble, or just completely burn down and collapse in on itself. In which case I'm pretty sure that would make achieving our ultimate objective near impossible."

He put the mask in one of his belt pouches; "Though, if you're truly intent on seeing this place to cinders, I'll happily join you in the effort. Hell, we might even earn a bonus of sorts from Quenya for it."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding slightly he chuckled" I wonder that.. and it would make Inrii proud.... besides, we got those explosives down the walkways back there" he motioned to where they came from." Thinking for a moment he smirked." Hey, how else do you smoke out weasels and foxes? Smoke their dens out.... Now a bonus from a Lich like that could be a nice bonus."
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Alright, then we're agreed on that, but I'm sure that the pyro-nut would want in on that bid, so AFTER we spring her, wherever she is," Veraka said, looking back at Neriah.

"Well, I don't know about you, but I say that we drop our little package off to the lich, then get a little R&R; Inrii's not going anywhere fast, and Aurora and I could use some time to let these burns to heal."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding" Sounds like an idea, she'd love to scorch the place I'm sure. Bad memories and all. Yes lets drop it off... it'd make our lives simpler and I can restock, take inventory and yeah." He held up a finger hearing a small clink in the distance followed by the chain reaction." Well.. some stray rogue found the trap."
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Gathering up his equipment and knives, Veraka looked to the ranger; "well then, shall we check out what unfortunate soul has been caught in the hells this time?" he asked, going back to grab an unconscious Neriah.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding" lets, gods only knows what remains of the poor soul who fell into my trap
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Going over to the fey'ri, the aasimar hoisted her limp body over his shoulder, taking care to put her head over the front so he could keep an eye on her state. Veraka along with Aurora, followed Zek down to his trap. The warrior looked with an approving expression as he gazed at the results of the ranger's trap. .
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Leading the way to the scene of the trap he idly kicked a finger away from his foot." Stupid stupid rogue.." He moved and checked out the results and shook his head." Well there must have been a group returning from a raid or something... or while escaping. Enough carnage to last awhile."
Site, story being redone