The Vale of Shadow (Part 3)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Hearing the sounds, but more of smelling the flesh burning he couldn't help but to snort slightly. The scene was interesting at the least. Holding back, he kept free of the beserked Veraka, knowing full well that level of rage is blind and unyielding. Still it didn't mean he wouldn't move around to get closer for a strike all his own. Moving around he'd take out any who lingered for easy pickings before moving towards the same target Veraka had.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

the screams fueled the spell as Neriah put more effort into maintaining it. the arrows hit but did little damage at the moment. but as the power was draining from her, the effects began catching up. the cold hitting the hardest.
another blast of ice knocked her from her concentration.
she hissed and flapped her wings. the chakram aimed for the wolf and that nasty cold, it flew from her hand. two sias were raised, twirling to block the hard slash from Veraka. she held it above her, weapons interlock. the warrior's sword clanked into the magical metal of her own weapon, sending the vibrations down her muscles. Her lithe elven shape was deceiving to the eye. for Neriah was a very capable fighter, and deceptively strong. she pushed the sword away to flip back out of the way of the incoming arrows.
blast of fire were aimed at the three, followed by a wall of fire around herself. she smiled, and shadow jumped away to strike the male from behind. (next one to post.) inside the wall of fire was a image of herself twirling the weapons in preperation for a strike.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Muttering at the scene he quickly put his bow back, whether the cruel dragon horn catches the attempted attack on him or not who knew. With the bow back in place his blades returned. If she wanted a war, she'd get a war. If she wanted to unleash fire, he knew ice and wind could kill and douse those flames.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka's blade though was pushed back, was far from over, as well as was his raging berserker. He charged Neriah, who was behind a curtain of fire; bringing Marala Vharc to hack her in half, his blade went right through as if she was air.
[i:2tchwuuo]As if nothing, then. . . [/i:2tchwuuo] he didn't need to finish the thought as he put two and two together.

"Zek, check your flanks!" he shouted to the ranger; whirling around to look upon the ranger, he saw that the fey'ri was where he anticipated.
"She tricked us; commonality among fiends," he growled to himself. Muttering the words for Arc of lighting, he began to charge Marala Vharc up, the sword's infused air elemental soaking up the arcing lances of electricity like a sponge. He charged over to Zek's position, but was halted as a yelp of pain caught his attention. Looking over he saw Aurora collapsed, that chakram caught in her fur, buried a good few inches deep in her burnt fur. Running over to her, he knelt down and comforted her, keeping one hand on the weapon that was lodged in her body. With a yank, he pulled the chakram out, and let her blast the wound with a ice breath, sealing it for the moment.

Telling her to stay outta sight, Veraka got back up, and started to advance on Neriah, his blazing wrathful vengenace and hate. Fusing his rage within his own mindset, he harnessed its power. Pulling out two of those black throwing knives, he hurled them at the fey'ri, then proceeded to charge her.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((*sniff* i must go...last post for a while...*sniff* and be normal again, have a life *sniff*...well, that maybe a bit melodramtic...but i will post when i can..))

Hours? Days? She didn’t know how long. But she felt the pain in her wrist, the cold metal clamped around them and her ankles. The gag tied around her head to keep her from her spells was the most annoying aspect of the imprisonment. She began to flitter back to consciousness. Her muscles ached as her weight was held up by her arms.
Her head snapped to the side as another blow struck her face. She coughed and the gag soaked up the fresh blood that joined the dried blood on the rest of her face. She was partially kneeling on the filthy, cold floor of a dungeon, her wrists pulled back over her head, suspended in manacles. The chains from the shackles ran thru a pully system that kept her in an outstretched position. She was also unclothed and stripped of every belonging. Her thoughts of Zarstra in the pouch jolted her to lift her head, tho still groggily. The males around her laughed and backed up, waiting for whatever commands was forthcoming.
“ah, she stirs,” came the familier voice.
The white drow was sitting on a flat top chest. She stood up, motioned for the males to leave, and made her way twords Inrii, reaching up to pull the material out of her mouth for the moment. A dagger on her throat kept the sorceress from attempting a spell.
“yes I took it all before you ask. I couldnt allow you to have anything magical on you. I aint that stupid.”
“even the ‘magical’ underwear too I see?” Inrii smarted off.
Alya laughed. “ever the smart elic I see. No that was more for humiliation. or punishment for interfering in the Masked Lord's plans.”
She still held the dagger but circled Inrii, her gaze scrutinizing every visible inch of her.
“so that,” pointing to the large scar across Inrii’s chest, “is new? What could leave such an ugly mark upon your pretty little self hmmm?”
Last time Inrii was under Alya’s control, she had been forced to be dressed up as brothel girl and used as bait.
Inrii now seethe in rage. When Alya stood back in front of her, Inrii spit in her face. A headbut would have followed had there not been a dagger at her throat. Alya lost her own temper that second and backhanded the chained sorceress again. Grapping Inrii’s hair and yanking her head back she let the blade sink just a bit into her flesh to let the threat sink in. Alya let go and shoved the gag back in and walked off, leaving Inrii in the darkness.

Neriah with a wicked glee jumped from her perch, weapons poised out in front, at the ranger as the blasted warrior hollered a warning.
the thrown knives caught her in the membranous material of her wings, ripping a nice size gash. the adrenalin pumping and rage flaring, she ignore the white hot pain. she moved her weapons up in a block from both enemies...

(ok yall can do however to her.)
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Zek just shook his head as he muttered the usual cantrips and somatics(believe right terms.. for it) preparing an ice spell. Pointing his blade at Neriah it was then that the ice was released, focusing the full attack on her. Of this this was followed by by him quickly side-stepping and moving in quickly to swing the other blade low, as the first remained poised to block and counter when needed.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Seeing Zek's spells do their damage to the fey'ri, whom was then immediately occupied with the ranger's twin blades, Veraka gripped the hilt of his blade with two hands, brought Marala Vharc over his head, and barked, "Incoming, ranger!"

Feeling the energy surge through his body, Veraka brought his sword up and over, releasing the charged lighting in it. Like a white, lit up snake, the arcs of lighting surged forward, crackling and searing with pent up energy. The bolts raced toward the fey'ri, hopefully the ranger reacting in time.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He was always moving, unlike the rather aptly named meat shields who could stand in place and deal and take damage all day. He preferred to win on his terms. Moving out of the way he called back" Thanks, you know we should bring her back to our employer. Conscious or not, I think he'd enjoy dealing with her more." his tone had a nigh malicious true drow tone to it. He preferred to keep to his word, not for sake of honor, but to prove a point. Drow weren't back stabbers, and to have a lich in your corner meant a major boon. One he enjoyed the prospects of.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The lighting strike seared at Neriah, who seemed to shadowjump outta the way of the blast barely in time. [i:37xwszng]Curses to that shadow hopper ability of hers[/i:37xwszng] he seethed to himself.

Hearing the ranger, he agreed, calling back, "Alright then, but all that unconsciousness shit is your field of expertise, not mine." He was referring to ranger's fortay with poisons and toxins, along with his traps and the like.
"You know that I'm not much for the 'ace up the sleeve' kinda tricks." He too knew that Quenya would [b:37xwszng]love[/b:37xwszng] to deal with the fey'ri, not to mention it would be a start for them, since the baelnorn had stated that he wanted Alya and her cohort brought to him. "Mine as well not disappoint him."

Veraka scanned the immediate area for the female, but the scattered darkness and shadowy areas made normal vision next to useless. His eyes going radiant silver, he scanned his surrondings, and nearly stumbled backwards when a near complete black shadowy, winged figure leaped at him, screaming. Barely getting his shield into position, the assimar heard the clang as Neriah's sais met his shield in the air. Balling his sword hand, he launched a hilt strike out at the fey'ri. The attack connected with her abdomen, and sent her skidding away from him. The storm warrior turned to face her, his stance one of a vanguard, ready for anything.

The one thing Veraka wasn't expecting was Aurora, who was creeping into a good striking position, so as to utilize her icy breath to it's maximum.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He watched the scene and he knew about shadow jumping, or rather could do it very little and it took way too much energy right now to do it. He wanted to delve more into it, but there were events that were not favorable so he didn't. Never the less he moved in catching sight of the scene silently. He was moving to flank Neriah on the otherside as Veraka and Aurora her her in a bad position.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"What's a matter, fey'ri; your father quit his job after you were born?" the warrior jibbed at Neriah. Seeing her fists tighten around her weapons told him that he'd hit a nerve, or close to one.

Aurora crept up on the fey'ri, her paws literally as silent as death itself. Despite what Veraka had told her, she knew that her abilities would assist them against Neriah. Keeping her mind closed off to all as to not give away her position.

Veraka continued his barraged verbal assault against her, when she finally snapped coming on full force against him. Both of their weapons met in a clang of sparks.

The fey'ri was tired of this, this. . . [i:30terjal]barbarian[/i:30terjal] of a male in front of her, she just wanted to simply kill him; but martial prowess alone wouldn't do it. Though she was undoubtedly strong for her size, she'd use her magics to fell this aasimar. So she began her spells again.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He like Aurora closed his mind off, as he stalked to the side. Taking one of the little things he had found he coated it with a highly potent poison. It could kill a pure human, but one like her, it was made to knock them out. He moved in closer and when Aurora would make her move would be when he'd strike to sink the small spike in.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka was on the defensive as Neriah managed to get his shield off of his arm and away from him. Pulling out his Thunderstrike, Veraka took to dual-wielding his shortsword and his bastard sword against the dancing twin sais of the fey'ri.
Neriah came in hard at the aasimar, lobbing a few fireballs at him in the process, while her whirling sais stabbed and jabbed at his plate armor. Parrying and dodging, Veraka was able to keep his guard up for the most part, though the fey'ri did occasionally get an attack through his defenses. He continued his defensive for a good time, then launched an offensive of his own, but his wounds by now were at their worst, and with his rage nearly exhausted and the berserker slowly ebbing away, the aasimar didn't know how long he could sustain the fighting. Hoping for some sort of intervention, he continued his assualt, despite his weakening condition.

Aurora was within a few meters of Veraka, watching his moves carefully. Seeing Veraka start to falter, she readied her icy fury to unleash on the demon-spawn. The aasimar took a critical blow, his defenses open for killing blow.
[i:22et7syf]Now![/i:22et7syf] she thought as super-cold, freezing ice blasted forth from her maw.

Veraka thought an instant that Neriah would kill him, but then he was enveloped in a icy whirlwind. His joints freezing, he went into a crouching stance, with his shortsword arm blocking the freezing wind and ice from his face. He heard Neriah scream in pain, though he didn't know from what, then nothing.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

When aurora launched her icy breath attack from hell, he launched his as she was distracted. Slamming the pointed tips into her flesh from the top down, right into the tops of her shoulders. He kept them there working them into the flesh more and more until she would pass out. incapacitation was a skill he used regularly.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

When Aurora let her breath up, Veraka lowered his arm to see Neriah collapsed on the ground with Zek standing near her with his coated weapons; he looked up at the ranger, saying "Nice one, Zek; you don't know how many times that I now wish I had you backing me up in the past," he grinned. "Well, that was a fight of the Nine Hells," he said as he tried to get up. Right then pain lanced through his body, causing him to nearly black out, and fall back down. Aurora caught him under his arm to assist.
"That magic of her's did more damage than I thought, Veraka grunted as he sat back down. Unbuckling some of his armor plating, the aasimar looked at his chainmail undershirt and leggings; the armor had literally branded chain-link marks on all of his arms and lower calf's. Veraka thanked whatever deity was watching him as he noticed his shirt and shorts had spared his main body from any grevious wounds from the hellfire.

"Zek, I'm gotta ask, do you know any basic salves or have any healing tricks up your sleave? Aurora and I usually don't stock up on items like that, an obvious trend that's gonna change starting now."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix