The Vale of Shadow (Part 3)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Shaking his head, he was tired of thieves guilds, assassin guilds. Really he was tired of that life as a whole. He'd keep the silver blades he had reserved for more perfect meanings. Unsheathing his main longsword, the blackened blade seemed to hiss as it came out. Hearing the cracking of a string being drawn, one of his daggers was drawn out and thrown, hitting one of the wound be thieves square in the throat.

Moving in he met the others with the swords with his own. Block, parry a pirouette followed by a knockdown then a heart stab. Quick movements swifter delivery. Drawing one of his coated daggers he changed stances, the sword held straight out pointed at their enemies the dagger raised up and poised. So many times he done this, it was like breathing. Flicking the wrist he knocked one of the swords aside just enough for him to slide in twisting around and lead the dagger into the side slashing the flesh as he was met by a throwing dagger. Tilting his head quickly to the side, the blade only grazed by his face. Just a small knick, this was answered by zek's unholy fury it seemed as he clove the man open, almost in half from shoulder to hip. With the immediate attention away from him, he moved towards the the fey'ri. No emotion, clearly business etched on his face.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Inrii managed to dodge most the quarrels but one grazed her leg leaving a good gash and bright red blood. Several caught in her piwafwi and loose fabric of her shirt; she actually was thankful for being so scrawny. In her anger, she barely felt the sting. No poison was rushing thru her veins, a good sign for the companions at least. She guessed the stone had messed with chemical composition of the coatings. The white drow slipped thru the shadows of the room to circle around them and wait as the guilds men did their work. Despite the no magic zone, Alya still held her advantage.
A throwing spider flew from her hand and cut across Inrii’s arm as she moved. The sorceress growled in anger, and finished the rogue before her to make her way twords the bard. Another flying chuck of metal came from another spot, just nicking Inrii’s cheek.
Inrii, her sword ready and hand still clutching the stone, moved into a blurring motion of twirling metal as a heavy armored female stepped in her path.

Inrii heard veraka’s speaking. “nows not the time to think with the wrong brain here,” she hollered back as an attempt at a jest, while ducking a blow.

The sword went flying from the half elf’s hand who jumped back to avoid a slash and thrust. Inrii spun and kicked a charging gnome in its chest and sent it hurtling back. Shadowblade moved in, cutting the armored female down. Inrii wasted no time in moving.
This time she saw the quick flash of light reflecting off the flying metal and Inrii tumbled out of the way of it, simultaneously dropping her sword and responded with a flying dagger of her own. But Alya was quick too and moved in time that it only grazed her ear. The bard moved quickly as more charged after the sorceress and her friends. As the sorceress came up on the roll she grabbed the sword again to parry a cut coming for her head.

The wolf lunged into another thief who decided to drop down and join in with an attempted backstab. Another blast of ice hit him He was so surprised that he didn’t realize what hit him till it was too late. His body quite working and he remained in place arm in midswing. The wolf turned to find another to go after.

She knocked another blade aside and then spun around, beheading the thief in one clean stroke. Blood fountained from the stump, splattering over her, but she ignored it, as she had to block another strike and easily danced aside.
A large human brought its large blade down in an overhand strike that he was only barely able to parry her sword. The force of the blow rang through her shoulders. Grunting with effort, he pushed his blade up and off then came in with a wide sweeping arc. Inrii stepped in close and then thrust her pommel into his forehead. Bone gave way with a sickening crunch and he squealed in pain, falling to the wooden floor.
She spun about again and impaled another in the gut.

But as one fell, someone else took their place.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

It seemed the guild enjoyed using heavily armed men. Zek, knew his blade was deadly, enchanted or not it was lethal even to armed soldiers. Blocking the swing from one of them with a great sword he kicked them hard in the chest pushing them back. The next thing that came was the sound of Metal cleaving metal and then metal severing flesh and a gurgled response. The armored one slumped down to his knees before the head being taken clean off. Before it could hit the ground, zek kicked it hard at the halfling.

With a clearing he got, he went to make sure their backs were covered. For the ranger, even without the protection of heavy metal he could take the beatings. One arrow grazed by his arm. This was answered by him quickly drawing the bow. Blocking a blow with his sword he buried it into the chest of one of the brigands and fired off an arrow as soon as he had clearance at one of the archers. When the threat was done he retrieve his sword and put his bow back onto his back. Cleaning the blade he'd change quickly to the silver ones. Light but long he went to work on all but dancing with the two swords, blocking attacking counter attacking all in quick graceful moves. he knew this way he could enjoy better defense.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Another body slumped to the floor as the raging assimar let it slip loose of his greatsword, it's wicked long, razor edge shimmering as blood ran down its length.

Hearing Inrii's comment, the berserker withdrew for a split second as he howled in laughter; "I only have one brain, pyro-nut! But, thanks for the concern as well," he joked back. It was right then that he stumbled upon Neriah, guarded by a couple goons.

"Speak of devil," he muttered, then charged the two underlings, his sword poised to strike. Roaring with his barbarian rage, Veraka slammed into the left rogue, whom he was surprised was a tiefling himself. It was the other rogue that surprised him; leaping on top of Veraka, a female aasimar, like himself, started thrashing at him from atop, screaming, "let him GOO!" She wrapped a cord of sorts around the storm warrior's neck, and started to yank with a vengeance.
Veraka instantly dropped the tiefling rogue and grappled at his throat as he started to see double. The constricting force amplified as he continued to struggle. He started to get tunnel vision when an idea hit him.

Using one of his legs as a anchor point, he steadied himself in a kneeling position, then got to his feet slowly. Then the air whooshed passed him as the ground rushed up to the female rogue as Veraka performed a reverse-body slam, crashing into the floor on his back. The cord released it's choke-hold on him and he gasped, sucking much needed air into his lungs. Getting up from his position he found that he had incapacitated both rogues, as the tiefling was apparently unconscious from when he slammed into him. Turning to face Neriah, Veraka sheathed his great sword and drew out his true weapon, Marala Vharc, along with his shield, and proceeded to advance on the fey'ri.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((ok i gotta remember to go back and edit neriah. shadow jump is magical...so she flys off))

the fey'ri watched as her people attack, and were being laid low..."by four stinking people!"
she growled in anger and disbelief.
"take them out you idiots! its only four. we have more than triple their numbers!" she roared.
"archers more bolts! she screamed.
more [i:10potk9u]clicks [/i:10potk9u]were heard tho fewer as some had jumped in to join the fight. she noticed the large warrior coming. and stood, jetting her hip out and putting a finger to her lips.

the two next to jumped out to fight the warrior, but his weight worked against him. Neriah's wings open up and she was up at the ceiling over looking. the fey'ri put both sais in one hand and whistled. a small rogue fling the disk to her.
she deftly caught it and eyed the celestrial.
"are you sure this is what you truly want?" her voice dripping like honey. she believed she found a weakness in this male. "all this bloodshed and fighting when we could make a truce? Maybe we could be together. I have been watching you and you amaze me.”

a beautiful and tall elf of almond colored skin and ebony hair made her way twords the male drow. her hands were carrying some wicked looking weapon. it was like a staff, but held to blades on both ends. the blades themself were shaped like a dragons wing, and razor sharp. of course on her belt contained numerous daggers. with some acrobatic show, she landed softly placing herself in a stance where her knees were bent, feet spread apart, the staff was held at an angle half behind her back and half to her side, her left hand free. With a murderous snarl she spoke a single word, "[i:10potk9u]dhaerow[/i:10potk9u]!" and twirled in low leading with the left side at for a thrust to the kidney.
(think of her as having been deceived. for not all are evil, just following orders)

the wolf continued to bring down rogues that attempted a sneak attack upon the soreress. of course Inrii heard them, and then heard them screaming from pain.

not only was the sorceress blocking, attacking, and parrying, she was attempting to elude quarrels and thrown metal. a few more made there way into the spidersilk cloth and she twirled to dodge. a chunk of metal clanked into the buckle of her gloves. the adamantine held firm and it only stuck. Inrii jumped up while tossing her sword up, flung the spider back at Alya, and caught it to roll from a heavy flail smashing into the floor centimeters from her head. the weapon was spinning again a tho it only touched her in the slightest, the weight was great enough to knock her to the side and down.
but luck was with her and her fall caused her to miss a sword tip that stuck into the flair weilder's abdomen.
she heard Alya's tho she was busy and unable to get to her, "give me the stone, and this can all end. for you cant possibly hope to remove us all."
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Deflecting the arrows with the silver blade making them glance off and hit any attackers around him. He moved one sword back behind him blocking a strike only to counter strike by spinning around and lopping off the legs causing the thief to fall to the ground. A twirl of the blade and the thief was killed with a massive gash to the chest. Spinning around hearing the one use an ancient term on him he shook his head slowly." Not all are evil." Parrying the strike as he evaded the cruel looking staff. he quickly rushed in sword in hand aiming to either knock her down, or slam the pommel or hilt into her chest to knock her the wind out or knock her down. Again he spoke, this time low" Not all Drow are evil, when you're not a child you'll learn this."
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka continued to advance on the fey'ri, but then was assaulted by her charms; keeping his emotions and raging hormones in check by tapping into his darker side, the raging beast inside. Hearing Neriah's voice was overwhelming, but at the same time, Aurora yelled into his head, [i:1ffmcsb3]you said yourself that you've got only one brain, then use it!![/i:1ffmcsb3]

The aasimar kept his wits about him and decided to not attack her. . . yet. It was partially her seductress of a voice that distracted him, but more so was her comment about all the bloodshed; but he knew also that it was just a ploy to prey on his willingness to not kill those who weren't necessarily evil.
"Amaze you, eh; and why would I decide to be with you when I can easily sense that you'd just as likely run off," he chided at her; [i:1ffmcsb3]In truth, I trust the ranger or Inrii with my life than I do anyone else right now anyway[/i:1ffmcsb3] he thought. He readied Marala Vharc, knowing to well that fey'ri, and most of those like them, were deceitful and treacherous to say the least, though he had met a few that had proven to be more than their heritage proved.

The berserker roared against his wall of willpower, that being the only thing keeping it from unleashing it's pent up fury upon the fey'ri; the brooding force knew that Veraka was keeping it in check for use against Neriah, knowing full well that she'd more than likely attack, but also in case Veraka himself failed to hold off her charms. The berserker was pure rage, anger, fury, and hate, all of it Veraka's that he'd built up over his life time. It had given birth to the dark force that now was being held in check by his own will, but only barely.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

the elf growled animalisticly as the ranger blocked her strikes. he was good! just like Neriah warned. the staff was in one hand now and another was reaching for the curved blades on her belt. but his blow hit her hard and the dagger didnt fly as hard as she intended, tho her aim was true. she dropped gasping for air and virtually pleading for life in her eyes. but in her heart was still that hatred and anger.

Neriah hovered at the highest point in the room. Her wrist was turning, moving ever so slightly that few would catch it.
'[color=green:2qq7lqks]But he is about to catch something[/color:2qq7lqks],' she thought.
the disk flew like a flash from her hands ,angled that if it missed it would ricochet and go after the ranger. (think xena's with the angle bouncing). her sais back in both hands again she twirled in air to miss the object coming twords her. (could be anything...)
Neriah hissed in fury as her tail continued to twitch behind her. She cursed for not having her magic again.

The companions were quickly gaining the advantage and over half of Raven’s Claw was down or dead. Some had wisely gotten out of the wrath of the companions. Their injuries were for the most part minor and the four were taking out a full guild.
Alya’s pride wasn’t so much as to not flee to another room. An idea coming to her. Truthfully she hadn’t guessed they would have survived this far. Yet here they were and still taking down more. She remembered the hidden piece that would give her the advantage. She would have that stone back, Vhaeraun so help her.

Inrii, despite fighting a group, saw her exit the room. she knew Aurora was handling some well.
[color=green:2qq7lqks]so she thinks to finish this on a fight of her choosing, so be it.[/color:2qq7lqks]’ The drowess finished the last of those around her with a slash to his abdomen and followed after Alya. Her companions were occupied with other guild members as well as Neriah, who had joined in the fight.

The room too was full of hiding spots. Plenty of places where Alya would have the advantage. But Inrii still held the obsidian stone. She moved silently and tried to hide in the shadows. but the white drow saw enough of her heat signature to direct them.
Three more rogues jumped from their own spots. Alya smirked and pulled the crossbow, aiming it and watched.
The sorceress’ slashing blade held off three attacks. A blade cut harmlessly high as Inrii leaned back from the attack. she cut in, sword diving low then quickly reversed to move high. The rogue avoided one, but not the other and the sword struck him in the side of the head, effectively putting him out. She had little time as Shadowblade parried behind her and she rolled to avoid the heavy female’s morningstar attempt to slam into her chest.
“Eat my shorts, dark spawn of fat women!!!” Inrii taunted.
The females eyes blazed with ice blue fury and came in faster. She might have been larger, but she was quick despite her size. Inrii’s eye caught a spear coming and she nimbly jumped to the side. He backed up and waited his turn to strike again. The half orc’s morningstar swung again at her, slamming onto Shadowblade so savagely that the young sorceress’ arm tingled from the blow.
But the drowess didn’t give up.
A single, blurring attack routine against the spearman proceeded and his spear cut away into two halves. Diving and crossing with perfect precision she came up to the females side as the spikey ball smashed into the floor behind her.
As Inrii advanced, she put her weapon through an elaborate routine of crossing, spinning, slashing that it plunged deep into the half orc rogue’s heart as her arm came up to strike again.

As Inrii gained the advantage, only one was left. And that wouldn’t last long, Alya knew.
[i:2qq7lqks]Click[/i:2qq7lqks]
Inrii grunted as a sharp pain hit her in the shoulder. But what worried her was not so much the pain, but that burning sensation now flowing thru her veins. The poison was making its way thru her. She did niot expect that, and Alya out manovered her there. For the poison wasn’t affected by the stone afterall. Inrii slowed considerably. But she managed to swipe her sword in a last effort, across the rogue’s throat.
“my, your were rather clever to use the stone and fight us here. I must say I was impressed. Unfortunately, you lost said advantage. The Masked Lord will not let me fail. Tho had you done as I asked, you would have been apart of the plans.”
Inrii’s sword clanked to the stone floor. She managed to still stand upright and clutch the stone. At least Zarstra was safe and secure at the moment in the pocket. Around her, tho it seamed distant, sounds of fighting continued.
“well. Now this will be fun. Consider me doing you a favor,” the bard said as she walked twords the sorceress.
Inrii snorted derisively.
“Ah now, no attitude. Think of it like this. Do you really think your so called friends will sacrifice that much to come looking for [i:2qq7lqks]you[/i:2qq7lqks]? Will the warrior seek out a drow? Will this ranger, this one you care so much about, does he reciprocate said feelings to bother look for you?”
Inrii narrowed her eyes as her hand dropped the stone. . Her fingers were no longer under her control. She tried with ever bit of will power to fight off the effects, to no avail. she couldnt even smart off one last time.
“That I find more laughable. Such emotions are weak. Even among Vhaeraun’s faithful. Why else would we be losing? You could be so much more. He claimed [i:2qq7lqks]you[/i:2qq7lqks], yet your stupidity has brung you to this.”
With a last effort Inrii’s hand reached into a pouch on her belt. Her hand, with every effort or divine luck closed around the velvet soft material. Her hand came out of the pouch as her body hit. She wasn’t even able to brace herself as she fell unconscious upon the stone floor.
Alya seized the stone before walking to the unconscious sorceress. At last it was back in her hands. She also picked up the dropped weapon and admired it appreciatively. The sounds of the battle reminded her that time was short.
“a pity we couldn’t been friends,” she laughed.
The coffer was easy to fish out and the stone fit nice in its spot. The lid slammed with a resounding thud. Alya picked up the girl and vanished.

Unknown to Alya, a black velvet half-mask lay on the floor. The masked that few would know of its meaning.
Inrii had hoped that maybe her companions would find it. They hadn’t seen her wear it or knew she had it, but just maybe they would guess.
But deep down Alya’s words had hit hard. Would they come looking for her? Did they care enough? Despite her time with them, she led them here, to an unknown trap and nearly gotten them killed more than a few times. it didn’t matter anymore. Somehow, she believed Alya was right.
they weren’t coming.

((in the mist of these fights, magic's back on. so beware... :evillol:
i can post some tomarrow, but till you finish off the guild or stop them, yall wont know inrii's gone.
[color=indigo:2qq7lqks]and thus Inrii's [b:2qq7lqks]temporary [/b:2qq7lqks]exit.[/color:2qq7lqks]
i may can post in two weeks, but more likely in the third week. then give a week, then possible that weekend then another week. and i'll let yall know assuming yall continue. i hope yall do, for this is one of my favorites.:))
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka roared mightily as he commanded his spirit totems to come forth, to return to him, his voice echoing off the walls. The Black Lion and Dire Wolf telthors empowered him, fueling his rage. Barely seeing the incoming whirling disc of doom, he raised his shield and swatted at it. Drawing out one of those little shuriken, he let razor star fly at Neriah. Seeing the star miss, he drew two more and sent them whirling.

"Come on, demon girl! What do ya have to fear?" he taunted the fey'ri. It was then that a huge half-orc grappled Veraka from behind, and lifted him off the ground. Veraka was astounded that the rogue had as much strength as he did, but regardless, started to thrash about, trying to get free of the grasp. A couple seconds later, his blood went to ice as he saw the fey'ri approaching him. Veraka gritted his teeth, knowing that she could do quite a few tricks on him even without her magic.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Hearing something hit he ducked down quickly and flicked the sword just in time to hit the chakram avoiding damage to both himself and the woman whom he just floored. At it's course being re directed" Incoming Veraka!" Spinning around the swords were resheathed and he smiled almost maliciously as the bow came back out. Feeling the magic resurge, he knew two things. It was shut away, and something happened to the pyromaniac drowess and her lizard. Notching an arrow that crackled with energy he let it loose towards the fey'ri" You are crossing the WRONG Drow this Era." As soon as the arrow was released, he went for a full blown torrent of arrows taking down any and every enemy that was trying to attack he or his companion. Blocking a blow from one of the blades. he grinned and mused darkly" Wrong kind of bow to sunder, Dragon horn is quite strong. Quickly sliding the string off he slammed the end of the bow into a rogue, impaling them." The black dragon's fury rages still." Pulling it back out he cleaned it off and slid the string back on. He had plans to modify the bow later on to make it more melee ready. Sliding the bow back, the blades returned, and he didn't wast time heading back for the attack.

Running towards a wall, he ran up it diagonally before lunging off, blades poised. The area around his arms cracked with energy as he let loose a hellish combination of a fireball, followed by lightning. Landing on one of the few surviving rogues the blades were plunged deep. Like a viper bite they sank in. Before the body even hit the ground, he was moving blades shifting positions in his hands. He was going right for the fey'ri, the woman would feel the sting of his blades. And be brought to their employer the lich whom let them use the stone for this purpose.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Hearing Zek warning, the storm warrior used his weight to his advantage. Though Neriah was deathly close, bringing his head back in a bash, Veraka heard a wet crack that accompanied his head-bash. The stunned half-orc didn't have time to think as the chakram came in; the aasimar lurched forward and to the right, putting the rogue directly into disc's path.

A smile formed on his face as he heard the rogue bellow out in pain. Then, he tried again to thrash free, but another rogue came out, a half-elf wielding a wicked shortsword. Seeing the ranger advancing on the fey'ri, he wasn't worried to much now about her; it was the half-elf that had his attention.

A low guttural growl was all the warning the half-elf got as 450 lbs of white fur came barreling in. Aurora was pissed, and that was putting it lightly. The great winter clamped her maw around one of the legs of the rogue and thrashed about, shaking her head with a fury that could only be described as a frenzy. The half-elf howled in pain as jagged-razor sharp teeth tore into soft flesh as they chewed threw leather armor. The rogue lapsed into unconsciousness. Whirling about to see the fey'ri, the bitch that tried to seduce Veraka, Aurora let loose a blast of icy fury from her maw at Neriah.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He wasted no time, in unleashing two of his daggers at Neriah, throwing them full speed at her. These were quickly replaced by him drawing the two silver blades again. It would be interesting to see the power they had in them. Silver blades in a draco lich lair, something surely had to be there. Regardless he'd use them on all in his path until they finished what they set out to do. Stopping short he whipped around and swung the two blades, cutting down another half orc whom was going to try to -squish- the drow with a large hammer." Wasting my time." he muttered.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Neriah felt the magic coming back and smiled so cold, so evil that her eyes seam to reflect back soulless. she reasoned the blasted sorceress was dead. at least one was down.
she lowed to the floor to the rogue holding the warrior. a sia hooked into her belt so one hand was free, she began the spell when the warrior's reaction caused the disk to hit her own before returning. she turned to see the ranger and wolf. She threw up numerous shields just as the daggers came in. one cut across her arm cutting a deep gash, and the breath weapon hit hard. but she mitigated it with a quick healing.
'[color=green:3k4jxra2]to the 9 hells with it[/color:3k4jxra2].'
she began her most powerful spell. it would hurt her, but she had gone accustomed to it even built it to a blazing cresendo; that the damage was a small price to pay.
"HELLISH REBUKE!" she screamed, her voice echoing thru the room like a omen of doom.
50 feet all around her burst into flames, channeled straight from the Nine Hells. all her rage and anger was poured out in that moment. she might take her own, but she was determined to take these. forget the Vale. she could find more suckers, more pawns to go.
thieves caught in the fury screamed from the pain and agony as hell itself was poured out on them.
others who were advancing wisely turned and left.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching her and the flames shoot up he quickly resheathed his blades and took the bow out and got several arrows. Quickly dipping them in his most potent toxins used for handling inhuman types he started firing the arrows aiming at the torso, not risking head shots or missing. The first arrows were sent for speed but the rest were to covered in frost whispering a cruel spell he knew from frozen lands. He didn't say anything but kept silent, and on the edge of vision and sight, even with the flames. Moving to a better view, he released the arrows in a cold hail of his remaining arrows.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka felt the half-orc's grip release, then heard him scream as he burst into a conflagration of burning flesh and tissue. Then he himself felt the hell fire's envelop him, searing his flesh. Veraka screamed in agony as the fiendish fires scorched his body.

Being of blood of the higher planes, these flames did nearly double the damage to him as they did to the other people. Like a sticking flame that burned, the fires cooked him even as he thrashed about, trying to extinguish the flames.

It was the howl of agony that he heard that stopped the pain for a split second. In that timeframe, he saw Aurora enveloped in the deathly fires. Right then, an unearthly howl emanated from him, sounding more like a dragon's roar than a howl of rage. Once more, the storm warrior called upon the berserker, but this time, he crackled with energy as lighting danced over his armor and his weapon. The warrior then proceeded to advance on Neriah, even as his flesh was seared underneath his armor. His eyes glowing pure crimson red with occasional sparks of lighting dancing within them, they stared down Neriah with pure hate and rage and vengeance. The aasimar had summoned Storms Avatar within him, and with the rage that already beating like his own heart, he charged the fey'ri, meeting rage with rage, fire with lighting.

As he came in, Marala Vharc crackled like a super-storm, being charged with the power of the Avatar and fueled by Veraka's rage. The berserker came in at the fey'ri, with a slash meant to rend and cleave. It wasn't Veraka anymore, it was just the berserker.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix