The Vale of Shadow (Part 3)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"A shirt?" Veraka asked the sorceress, cocking an eyebrow in suspicion. Aurora had to visibly restrain herself from toppling over laughing.
"And what is that suppose to mean?" the storm warrior quizzed Inrii, making a note of Aurora's behavior.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

" Veraka, if you only knew the years I spent getting into the mindset of spies, assassins, thieves and all sorts of less honorable positions you'd know that with an organization like this, there's something big. And they always have hidden rooms.. if they don't they're either not worth their space, or just arrived in a location." He checked the crates himself opening each and everyone of them up. Hearing about the spider silk he looked back to her." I just might take you up on the offer, though do you think we'd be able to wear such clothing here? No, I highly doubt we could even in elven society.. if you've seen what some wear." Never the less he opened up one of his bags and started to take the cloth, quite a few yards worth. Infact he was all but shopping for materials, what did the ranger have in mind... gods only knew. He enjoyed the shadows very much so, if one could say they had inate elements one of his would be shadow and darkness or chaos as a whole. Moving to another area this one was a bit more interesting." Hmm... a very nice crate here... made for precious cargo." Taking his dagger he started to work at it slowly, while checking for traps.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Inrii just chuckled at Veraka with Aurora.
"girl thing," she joked and winked to the wolf. It sounded good. maybe she she used that more often.
"unless you would rather have a dress. but we still gotta find a fat matron's suit to fit."
she held the lid up till Zek was done before softly closing it.
"well, they cocky for the most part. assuming this Neriah is the strange elf I saw last time. tho i never spoke with her," Inrii said thinking back. it had been a few years. she had been held of knife point to the human male when a strange demon elf walked in and said she didnt care if he killed her. then she managed to escape. Inrii shook her head to the memory.
"aw why cant you wear it? this is," she grabbed her shirt to emphasize her point.
"go ahead and put some in there for me. I could find some use for the fabric when this shirt wears out," she called over to him. She walked over next to where Zek was rummaging. she looked on the the 'lid' to see a spider symbol on it. another symbol was on it also, but she didnt recognize it.
"do you know that," she pointed at it.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Girl thing? Nevermind," he threw his hands up in frustration, skulking over to a stack of crates and ramming them in, venting his anger. One of the crates fell over and burst open.

"Great!" Veraka said in his ever growing frustration, until he noticed a small glint of metal that shined out to catch his attention. Digging up the piece of metal. Pulling out the odd metallic object, he realized that it was a matte-black tanto throwing knife. He put the knife on his finger tip, measuring it's balance; the knife remained perfectly level. Veraka put the throwing knife away into his belt.

"Well, well, what have we here?" he asked, slightly curious what other goodies might lie inside this newly opened crate. He found five more of the black tantos, as well as a bandoleer to hold them and other items.
"Ok, well I always did like weapons shopping," he said with a grin.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He looked to her and smiled" I have plenty of cloth to make you a gown good enough to make the high priestess die with envy." Looking to the seal and the spider he tapped it slightly studying it." It does not look familiar immediately.. Clearly a Lolthite... it's not Baenre.. it might be a new power house they're trading with." Once the cover was off he rummaged through before pulling out a small case. Looking at it he opened it up and chuckled" Perfect for you, wear your hair up and put them in... stilletos.." Moving back he rummaged through" Lets see..." pulling out a flask full of a reddish orange liquid" Liquid fire..."
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka heard Zek's comment about a gown for Inrii, and burst out laughing.
"Now Inrii, it is fortunate that I'm not one of the stingy, high-headed palidin's or you might get a response sorta like this, 'Back dark seductress, though ye've set my inner beast a raging, I'll not waiver from thine task." Even Aurora was doubled over.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

she heard veraka crash into a box. she went to shush him but he was already pulling out useful weapons. if they didnt know they were here, they did now.

"hey!" she pretended to be offended at his laughing and comment.
of course Inrii tried to hold in a laugh at herself. she had never even owned a dress before, much less a gown. of course they werent practical in her line of work.
"well...that would be... a sight. Me a matron cracking that whip and ordering yall do do things," she laughed a minute. "ok? but um..." her voice got soft, "i've never worn one, a dress."

focused back on the box before her, she studied it again.
"well, it might be the house Alya works with to keep up her facade. Masked Traitors usually dwell in the cities."
she watched as he pulled out the blade.
"hmmm, practical...and useful i supose if one lost all blades and clothes." she considered.
and then her attention was drawn to the flask. she laughed an evil laugh upon seeing them.
"might not have magic, but those might be just as fun."
"
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Shaking his head slowly chuckling" thank you for blowing the cover." Like they didn't already with ambushes being slaughtered. He went to set more traps around the goods. Gods, the town was doomed at this rate. Finally he looked to her and spoke" If we have to go, into the Underdark, I'll make sure you look proper.. matron... no.." One thing he'd never do is bow to a matron again. Not willingly, and he'd fight things to the end to make sure he never does.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"yeah, i would make a poor matron," she chuckled, "be outta job real quick."

Inrii gathered a few of the containers as the ranger fixed up some traps to protect their back.
"when your done laughing at me," she said to the warrior, "[i:3tvpuf0e]again[/i:3tvpuf0e]...i swear you laugh at me as much as the boys did...anyway, can we continue?"
of course she wasnt so good at putting on the serious act as her words tried. she shook away it all to focus back on the situation at present.

when they were done, she walked over to the door over at the steps. no traps and of course no more wards. she let the ranger unlock the door as she drew shadowblade back out and readied to enter the guild.
the familiar clicks signaled that they should be ready. She looked back to them to be prepared.
there was no turning back after this...

(i debated weather to go ahead and put the next part- the entrance, but i'll wait to do that. gives ya a chance to do last bit of shopping, talking or preparations.)
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka by this time had stopped his rampage of laughter and resumed his investigation and looting of the weapons crate. Hearing the rangers comment, he retorted, "yup, that's me; loud and proud." He continued to rummage through the crate when he uncovered an unusual set of throwing items; circular in shape, but with serrated edges and razor points on them, he recognized them as shuriken.

"Hey Zek, you ever used these before?" the storm warrior asked, holding up the throwing stars to the ranger. He then gleaned something much bigger in the crate; reaching in and grasping the item, he brought out a greatsword of some size outta the box. Looking at the weapon, he thought to himself [i:1lbhdri1]I suppose having an extra powerful chopping weapon isn't a bad idea.[/i:1lbhdri1]

Clipping his shield to his back, Veraka came over to Inrii with his newly cleaving weapon in hand, and said "well, at least my laughter is justified." Then got into a ready position.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Looking back briefly at Veraka he shook his head." No, never cared to use them anyways. I prefer my blades than those anyways, they're perfectly weighted and can be used better for slashing or stabbing." Going back to the lock he went about unlocking it with the key she gave him earlier. When the clicks finally came he finished with the unlocking, removed the key and slid one of his daggers out ready for the up coming fun.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

This part of Raven’s Claw was different than where they had been just a few hours before. The darkness was so heavy in the back part of the main hall, it could be felt. A single small beam of light filtered in from the doorway before them. They walked in slow, the sorceress leading with Shadowblade. She looked up, her darkvision seeing the heat shadows of many. This was full of places for the rogues to hide.
And that’s what they were doing.
Her count was up to 15 when the soft clanking and clicking of heeled dress shoes distracted her. A lone cloaked figure stood before them. the light behind her made it hard to see much of [i:ixqy5pnp]her[/i:ixqy5pnp]. But no doubt one could make out it was a female. She walked slowly twords them, despite that the sorceress was holding the stone. She did not fear them. Even if they had managed to get this far.
The strange female stepped up closer into sight, she was of sun elven beauty, captivating and alluring. a violet top hugged her bosom and left her sides bare. It covered her midriff and connected to a short black skirt. Her thigh high boots, had the antimagic effect not been working, were enchanted and would have made her step as silent as the drows. She threw her hood back to reveal her honey colored curls and sharp elven features. She slowly started twords them, a cocky smirk on her face. Her walk was a reminder of a matron of a drow house.
but she was more.
A smell of lower planes seeped thru her delicate skin. A skin made of fine reddish-brown minute scales, barely noticeable. To those just glancing, she appeared to just have a brownish tanned skin. a demonic pointed tail twitched behind her betraying her agitation, and a pair of bat-like wings opened up revealing her as the fey’ri she was. Fiery red orbs locked into each of their eyes. She stared at them, a smile at first.
“so you made it this far…lets see if it was worth it…”
“You demons are all alike... blah, blah, blah,” Inrii said, not wasting time with words.
She was tired of this, tired of being a pawn, tired of the guild using her. Sick of the guild! She was ready to just push her sword into some flesh. Neriah’s narrowed her eyes and furrowed her brow in rage. Her hand suddenly appeared to have a lethal circular disc in it, a chakram.
The signal.
The disc flew from her hand twords the nearest enemy (next one to post). As it left two sias appeared to replace the missing weapon. For the disc was not returning, no thanks to the sorceress and that stone. Neriah leveled the sias in front of her staring intensely and basically challenging them to try.

Out jumped half the theives at them to intercept. The other half aimed their crossbows and released.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Seeing the lethal, unknown, and quite beautiful elf who met them out, noticing her attire, he felt his hormones flare for a split second, but then Veraka felt his stomach churn inside out as his aasimar blood roared in protest and the berserker stirred within him.

Knowing that only a fiend, or fiend-type blood could have set his celestial senses blaring, the storm warrior got his suspicions confirmed when the elven female in front of him unfolded her wings.

He met her red eyes with his silver, which soon were outlined with red themselves, the berserker slowly coming on, and gaining a hold on him, though he didn't stop it. After Inrii's little fiery exchange, the fey'ri let her sharpened disc fly; it boar down on the aasimar. Training kicking in and adrenaline flooding his veins, he shifted his head to the side, avoiding being decapitated before the fight even began, but earning a nice red slice along his cheek. Bringing an armored glove up, he wiped his blood along his cheek, smearing, but giving him a war-paint type of mark along his cheek.

Looking to Zek, he motioned with his head toward the fey'ri, indicating that the ranger should join him for the battle and take her down while covering each other's six.
Sending Aurora a mental thought, he said to her [i:44rh3gmg]Keep the pyro-nut alive, and cover her; she may be tough and fast, but if we're all gonna make it outta this, we need to watch each other's backs.[/i:44rh3gmg]

The winter wolf nodded and took up a position next to the sorceress; Veraka having enough of the shit up till this point, growled "my turn," drew four of the shuriken, and flung two forward at the fey'ri. Then charging her, flung the other two at her, and brought his newly acquired greatsword up for a strike as he boar down on her, not caring for the incoming qurrels
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Neriah saw it coming, and flew out of range behind them watching as the warriors weapon sliced thru air. had she her magic, this would have been a much simpler fight. she cursed the sorceress and that stone. but from what she saw, Inrii was busy. (i'll write that after Zek's chance to respond)
Neriah teased the warrior with soft seductive words as he was now busy with thieves.
several rogues stepped in to surround the large warrior pincushion who had more than a few quarrels in him.
many came in with swords, a few with other wickeder weapons.

(let you go into detail about those fights. here's your chance to go into an all out fight scene. kinda saving her for yall twords finishing some the others.)

(i gotta find racial feats for neriah as forgotten realms wiki didnt mention them...)
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka missed the fey'ri as she vanished into thin air, his newly acquired greatsword slashing air with a good 'swish'. Hearing her sensual voice, he spun around, growling "come out, you fiendish temptress."

Her voice, and very appeasing appearance started to make his mind think for a second; [i:2hhn8wbx]I wonder, if she wasn't evil, at least this evil that I sense, if her and I . . .[/i:2hhn8wbx] he had to stop the thought as quarrels boar down on him and the others. Ducking and diving forward he managed to dodge a few, but took a few, one in the neck and one in the arm.

Aurora reacted quickly with a blast of icy breath, stopping the 3 heading for her. as she unleashed the blast from her maw at the incoming hailstorm of bolts, two were flash-frozen and slowed down as ice started to thicken around them. The resulting icicles, as they were, hit her white pelt, but only left a bruise or such where they impacted, rather than penetrating her fur. One manage to nick her in the flank, but her shaggy coat protected her that it didn’t penetrate as deep as it could have. Teeth bared, the wolf lunged as a rogue came in club swinging. He struggled beneath the weight and attempted to bash the head in with the primitive club, but he was no match, even grabbing her ears and face to pull her away. Teeth sank into the humerous bone with a load crunch. The male screamed in agony as bone cracked. His fist balled slammed her in the head but she held tight.

Aurora ignored the blow and shook violently; muscle, tendons, ligaments ripping. He finally quiet struggling and passed out in pain. Aurora turned to berate Veraka on his audacious and rather odd behavior, [i:2hhn8wbx]DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT[/i:2hhn8wbx] Aurora roared in his mind, all the while issuing a stern growl to him, and then made her way over to the sorceress.

"What? Am I not allowed to think about things like that?" he asked aloud, while starting to deflect blows from the the incoming rogues.
[i:2hhn8wbx]Well, for one, I won't stand for it. . .
What!! So, if I did meet a female with lower planes blood in her veins, YOU would prohibit me from courting her?[/i:2hhn8wbx]

The great winter wolf paused and looked at him with her ice blue eyes, then shook her head; [i:2hhn8wbx]that and you just projected your thoughts outward, so the sorceress and the ranger probably heard it.[/i:2hhn8wbx]

"Shit," he muttered under his breath, swatting aside an incoming sword in the process.
He was about to respond to Aurora when a white lance of pain shot through his neck, and the pain-killing effects of the berserker took hold. His eyes flashing crimson-red and radiant-silver, Veraka roared in outrage as the dark beast within took hold.

Bringing his greatsword to bear on his posterior assailant, the berserker-enhanced aasimar swung with both of his hands, in an complete semi-circle arc. These rogues however, were not stupid, as the one behind Veraka jumped outta range of the swing; what he didn't expect was when the berserker lunged for him, shoulder-tackling the rogue into the floor. Using the small element of surprise that was momentary, Veraka started to pummel the rogue into pulp. The other's, however, came to the aid of their comrade, forcing the berserker to kill the rogue with a pile-driver to the neck. A sickening, wet crack resounded from the rogue as he grasped his broken windpipe in a vain attempt to breath.

Not caring about the dying person, the raging storm warrior turned his attention toward the other rogues as he was pelted by quarrels. These only served to further fuel the berserker into it's maddened frenzy. His eyes glowing like hell-fire itself and his howl of rage that froze a couple of rogues in place for a split second. Knowing Zek the way he did, Veraka turned his attention away from them and found two rogues charging him.

Though the berserker was in full swing, Veraka still maintained control of his abilities and as such, he saw that one of the charging rogues wasn't enveloped in the black thickness of an aura that was akin to murderers and con-men, thieves and fiends. Seeing this, the aasimar willed his power over the raging beast that was inside him. Shoving his willpower over the darkness, he reeled it in and focused it, turning it into his power.

Veraka then leaped forward and drop-kicked the non-evil rogue, winding and knocking him to the floor. Recovering quickly, Veraka slammed a palm to the rogues neck, knocking him out cold.
[i:2hhn8wbx]Show mercy to those who have not earned death by giving death, and become death incarnate to those that have preyed and killed those who are innocent and fair[/i:2hhn8wbx] he told himself as he repeated his code that he swore when he became a paladin. Knocking out the rogue, Veraka turned to the other, and released the berserker upon seeing the man's aura.

The beast roared as it came boiling out and smashed the greatsword into the evil rogue with a side-swipe. His sword met the rogues and they clashed in a shower of sparks. The raging warrior brought his greatsword around and about as he worked it like a feather against the rogue. The rogue, however, was fast on his feet, and dodged and weaved through the aasimar's sword, and manged to score several hits on the storm warrior. Working his deadly blade in a graceful display of swordsmenship, slicing into Veraaka's side arm as his sword got between the crevice in his armor. The aasimar roared in pain, but reacted to his pain by latching onto the rogues sword-arm, and his own sword around to pelt the man in his ugly face with the hilt of the blade. Veraka continued to slam his armored fist into the rogue, his brutality unrelenting until the bastard was dead.

Letting the piece of meat thunk to the floor, he turned to the remaining rogues, the berserker howled and surged forward, death and bloody gore flowing in it's wake.
Last edited by veraka on Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix