The Vale of Shadow (Part 3)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zekafae
Champion

The Vale of Shadow (Part 3)

Post by Zekafae »

-placeholder for continuation-
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka laughed at the ranger's last comment, then grinned "Zek, for once, you and I are of a similar mindset, and do you wanna let her know of your 'great' time with one of these?" he asked, pulling out one of the high-grade explosives that he still had.
He then started to gather up whatever valuables there were lying around.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

"I get the first punch. i owe her for last time anyway. but sooner we get this stupid thing, the better."
Inrii bent down to scope out the cashe. she found an amulet and a pair of earrings emanating of magical energies.
"after this journey, I might would [i:juj1m8v0]consider [/i:juj1m8v0]a drink if things keep up like this."
Zarstra scouted ahead to see what other 'goodies' they were heading into.
"when yall are ready..lets see what fun awaits us in the tower," she said sarcastically.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He smiled slightly" I prefer my blades. Besides.. sometimes people need to learn one thing. A drow could be a very good friend. Until you cross them, then there is no god that could stop that wrath." he grabbed a few things, mostly the arrows that survived various bits of gems he found scrounging through the mess. Seeing something he moved over and grabbed a bundle wrapped in cloth, the shape gave way to as what it was. He said nothing but pulled a leather chord and tied it around the bundle in a couple places and hung it on his back for the time being. " Lets go before I feel the need to kill something in a more satisfying fashion."
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"not just my fist." she smirked, agreeing with Zek setiment of drows and their wrath.

they continued down the tunnel under the city till they neared the tower. the energies were strong, like an invisible wave with random timing. the magical shilds she cast absorbed much of the energies.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Chuckling at Inrii's comment, he replied, "so you wouldn't have a quarrel if I held her up as a target?"
Veraka heard Zek and had to smile; "to true, though I think there is one god that [b:1k1qysbh]could[/b:1k1qysbh] potentially stop that kind of wrath and destruction; but one would have to seriously piss him off, only to realize that his wrath dwarfs even that of the spider queen herself."
The aasimar finished grabbing some gems, and a good amount of gold and platinum, then started alongside Inrii and Zekafae.
"Oh, don't worry Zek; I think that you'll get that wish soon enough."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

" Technically there would be several, but I'm not one to get into the details on the matter." When the three of them had their treasures, gold, platinum, gems and other goods he looked ahead as they headed towards the tower." I honestly don't like the sounds of you saying that. The big question is how do we time the movements, but also where can we find what we're looking for?"
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka laughed, "What's a matter, Zek? We just took down a Dracolich, I'm pretty sure that we can handle whatever it is that this tower is known for."

He then looked toward the tower; "It's more of a combination of timing and prediction in there; sure we know what the intervals might be for the random spells that are flying about in there, but it's also a matter of where they come from that concerns me; they're spontaneous nature makes the place all the more lethal."

((Zek, if you post again, lets wait for Inrii, k))
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii used her true seeing to see if there was anything suspecious about.
"those spells (that i cast) should hold off much of the effects. if you feel it weakening, let me know. ready?"

she opened the small door to the tower as the first blast of of elemental energy hit, the spell shield absorbing most of the energy.
but she felt it deep down inside her, like a volt of vibrating electricity.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Let me handle this," Veraka said, stepping through the door, taking a large fireball straight on; the storm warrior pressed onward, keeping his shield raised should Inrii's magical shield were off. He found a stairway that led up into the tower.
"Well come on you two, this tower isn't gonna stop just for a breather while we sit around!" he called out, all the while kept on moving up the stairs, taking whatever random spells came at him head-on.
It was when that little magical shield started to dissipate that he noticed something strange; the spells started to come more for Inrii and Zek than himself. [i:xydixt3q]They seek out the most enchanted magical aura in the immediate vicinity. Odd, but none-the-less interesting.[/i:xydixt3q]

"Inrii, throw a couple more of those shields around me; the tower seems to throw it's random magic at the most active and enchanted person in the vicinity."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

That gave him an idea hearing Veraka" I have an idea, and it maybe suicidal but it might work. It goes after the most enchanted right? What about I remove all my enchanted gear and move on up to find the switch for this and shut it down. Just need someone to bring my gear up. Thankfully I never enchanted the armor. My bow is and my sword is, that's about it.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Suicidal, I'll not argue on. Though, you'll be relying on pure agility, not to mention quite a bit of luck. Alright, let's see what you can do ranger; I'll hold your weapons, unless of course the pyro-nut wants to paint herself any more a target?" ((after all, she IS a sorceress :p ))
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Zarstra crawled into the pocked as the 'bolt' hit.
Inrii was about to cast it when some idea hit the warrior.
"you wanna run around naked basically? and we miss out on the fun?"
she shrugged. "and your unique heritage doesnt paint you a target?"
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He looked at her as he was removing the bow and quiver of arrows" I don't think that far ahead." He didn't when it came to this" I'm not enchanted, and I do not think my heritedge has been invoked.. soo I SHOULD be fine. Any other ideas? aside from exhausting all your magic?
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

she thought a minute, "blow it up? if its magical, it'll survive."
obvious there wasnt many options. and he was already moving his equipment.
"fine."
she grabbed his forearm, "careful." she said seriously. then realized she did, tried to cover it with a another joke as she pulled her hand away, "i still have to beat you at something."