Nightmare of the future Pt.2

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka nodded Inrii's statement, then had to smile at Drakin's. "Oh you have no idea how much you missed, my friend." Right as Veraka said this noticed a fleeting shadow in the distance; he tried to make out the shape; the only true detail that he got was that the creature had curious bat-like wings on it, though was vaguely humanoid shaped. "Strange,"
Letting it go, he said, "ok, so anyone have an idea about how to tackle these problems; I say that we split up, cover more ground that way, not to mention not wasting time, since that seems to be an important factor in this little game of detective."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Inrii was already ahead of them. she vanished from sight and headed twords the thing. she drew her Dancing Shiv as she neared...
----
Ariali wasnt so sure about the plan. "I dont like the idea of splitting up. we're not familier with this wood..." then whispering, "and the one who is, she's not the very stable."
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka chuckled at Ariali's response; "that's why I suggested it in the first place" he then leaned closer to the Lythari, "plus, I'd let tall, dark, and lethal go along with her; the two could use some alone time."
He then followed Inrii's aura, Aurora tagging along right on his flank.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Ariali giggle. "you are so wrong. good, but devious."
she followed the group twords...
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin heard Veraka's comment about spending more time. He walked near them and said, "I would love to spend more time, but it seems that she disappeared and ran off again. Well, now the question is, do you want us tracking the children, or umm. . . persuading the councilman to answer a couple of question?"

"Both of us are good at tracking," Drakin continued, "Though, with Aurora and Ariali in her wolf form, might get a scent on them. And face it, you were never subtle at asking questions. You like the face too much, always making the people too woozy to answer back."
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Of course I've never been the subtle type for questioning, Drakin. Do I strike you as the rogue/assassin type; I say no. As to what you're gonna do. My lethal friend, do what you do best," he said, grinning.
It was as he said this that he noticed the same creature in the sky, only this time, it was a lot bigger, and was heading their direction.

Taberina smiled as she knew the evil force would come at her beck and call; the only question now was would her captors stand up to the might of a Balor tanar'ri.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"well, I can bet he would pick the kids."
----
Inrii saw the winged creature take flight. he hadnt noticed her, or didnt care. she saw what it was.
[color=green:ptecp8q0]'i'm so killing that priestess[/color:ptecp8q0].'
she sent an ice storm at the balor, since fire wouldnt do damage.
Zarstra sent magic missiles at it, eager to help.
----
Ariali saw the thing and the sudden ice and missile hit it.
she threw a moonbeam at it and then lit him up with green faerie fire.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The Balor took the hits directly, not caring what they were.
"You mortals think that those weak attacks will work on me?" he cackled, then released a firestorm spell on the group. The demon then continued onward toward where their camp was. ((he's gonna nab the priestess, so expect an empty campsite if we go back))

Veraka reacted on instinct as he jumped up in-front of the group, his shield raised, and took the salvo of burning flames head on.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii saw where he was heading. '[color=green:1fdpfrmt]why didnt someone stay with her[/color:1fdpfrmt]!'
she rushed back that way as the fire began to rain. she didnt get the spell up, but the green metalic ring absorbed the energy. [color=green:1fdpfrmt]'i forgot about that ring'[/color:1fdpfrmt]
----
she wasnt able to get to the warrior. so Ariali cast santuary as it hit. she saw where the demon (or) devil(?) was heading. she teleported their as the balor snatched the priestess. Ariali attempted to blind him with a moonbeam as flew off. it did some damage to the evil beast, but not enough.
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin arrived at the campsite in time to see the Balor grab the priestess and Ariali's moonbeam.

[color=darkblue:26l1cxfu]Great,[/color:26l1cxfu] he thought to himself, [color=darkblue:26l1cxfu]I used the last of my wand of banishment in the battle with the Drow.[/color:26l1cxfu]

He pulled out his shotel. The wyvern poison would still affect the creature, though not as much as it would have if it were a creature of this plane. Just as he was about to charge, not even sure he could get to the creature in time, something caught his eye.

A winged creature, not more than four feet tall, slammed into the Balor's face! And started, trying, to smash the creature's face in.

"Please let this be a dream," Drakin whispered to himself as he reconized the creature spitting obscenities in the Balor's face, "This just has to be a dream. . ."

The large demon was too slow to catch the smaller winged creature, then the demon got hit by a lightning bolt. In the flash, Drakin saw a robed figure in the woods, weaving another spell. "Hold it still for a little while," the figure shouted to the flying creature.

"Why don't you try holding something that weighs this much," the small creature yelled back, "It ways more than that warrior you were wanting to warn. Is that even possible, I ask you?!?!?"

"This is a dream. This is a dream," Drakin started repeating over and over again.

The wizard got off his final spell. A banishment spell that sent the Balor back to it's Abyssal home.

The figure spoke to Drakin, "It's been a while, brother." it said, as it stepped into the light, showing a half-drow that looked almost exactly like Drakin, only with blue eyes and longer hair, "And no, this is not a dream. So you can stop pinching yourself."
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka ran with all his speed back to the camp, Aurora trailing him. He skidded to a halt upon seeing the Tanar'ri get slammed into by a smaller version of itself, or so he thought.
"If that's who I think it is, I'm gonna kill him."
Veraka then saw a lighting bolt hit it, followed by a banishment spell, he said "Son of a troll, it is."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Ariali looked on with shock. then the balor was gone.
"wha...?"
----
Inrii saw it, pausing to watch. then she saw the drakin copy and laughed aloud and reappearing.
"thats irony!"
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Ariali," Veraka called over to her," this is the crazy, nut-case of a gargoyle that I mentioned earlier, and that is his twin half-drow counter-part," he said, pointing to the gargoyle first, then the wizard.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

"What are you doing here, Drakashin?" Drakin asked his brother.

"I was bored." Drakashin replied, then, as if remembering, "Oh and I came to warn you that the Host Tower is looking for your big friend."

Drakashin looked around, then saw Veraka. He went over to him and said, "I see that your skin lost that green pigment that it had gained with that last potion. Oh which reminds me, drink this." He pulled out a vial of yellowish-green liquid.

Drakin slapped his face into his palm and sighed.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((did the priestess banish as well? if not someone better go get her before she escapes.))

"I woulda guessed twin or clone. and this trip just got more nutty didnt it." Ariali said as the others joined them at the set up camp.
----
Inrii walked back to the camp. "whoever yall worship decided we need another one of you," she joked to Drakin.