The Vale of Shadow (Part 2)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

"well, if Alya is setting us up, I get the first punch. I'll slam her just like Raya when I discovered she set me up."

when they were done, they followed Zek into the indicated tunnel. the tunnel hadnt been used much over the years, and Inrii was sure to remove any evidence of their travel as she brung up the rear.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((if you really wanna meet him, join Nightmare Pt.2, though I hesitate to think what would happen with to like minded assassins following me around))
"I stand corrected; you emulate him in every way near possible, except for the age."
Veraka set about grabbing potions, supplies for both him and Aurora, and couple of interesting items that caught his attention, plus a few rarities.
"So, how exactly do we deal with that magic in the tower without getting our shebs roasted?"
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((dont forget to tell him it occurs after this quest and having your answers, and forgetting the last part of the journey. ;))

"magic," she replied sarcastically. "you got a better way?"
Inrii went thru the motions to cast resistance, elemental shield and true strike on them. "never use these much," she said when done.
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((I will, if he's interested))
"Well, it depends on if you think that this is better way," he said, pounding an armored gauntlet into his shield, "there's a reason why many call me a 'an iron golem of a tank'."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((forgot the smiley in there. it was to be a smart elic joke. too bad computers dont compute such. that would be totally awesome!
now back to our regularly schedule smashing :D ))

"you want to pummel thru? how hard did you hit your head when you were younger? I got the snot beat out of me, but..."
she paused, forcing the memories away.
Zarstra crawled beside Inrii looking for what the three would see from down there. she picked up unusual scents for a tunnel.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He shrugged" Have fun with that." Looking to Veraka" We'll discuss the age issue later." He mused some before walking ahead and looked back seeing zarstra." Smell anything?" Eili the sneak that the feline was was walking with them licking her maw from a rat feast. Letting off a low meow zek just muttered" enjoy your dinner?" Looking back at the two" Right.. lets just barge in and get scorched. Genius, I tell you what, you charge on ahead and if you get scorched, I'll visit you on the planes to tell you that I told you so..." Thinking" I highly doubt we'd find anything here, the tower hoewever.. be prepared for a lot I'm sure. if we disable it it might reveal new company.

(( Veraka, if you had two like minded assassins accompanying you, gods help the towns the visit.))
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((haha...i would agree...))

Zarstra, able to hide well by blending in, crawled ahead a good distance. she picked up another scent, humanoid, and filthy. and it grew stronger as they traveled twords the group.
'[i:1vcqcqok]I think I know why he didnt want us near the tower[/i:1vcqcqok]'
Inrii paused. she sensed it now. they drew closer, as if moving their way, even if they were still further down the tunnel.
'[i:1vcqcqok]what is it[/i:1vcqcqok]?' she asked

((let the next person decide what other allies the shopkeeper is working with...))
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((Roflmao, I'll take that as a no for right now; though it would make for an entertaining RP to say the least))
Veraka looked to Zek, "I've survived a full-on lightning bolt an eccentric, paranoid wizard and have gotten blasted in the face by a smoke powder filled booby trap; I'm pretty sure I can survive a full on fireball to the shield." Upon hearing the '
I told ya so' part, he retorted "ranger, the day you say 'I told you so' is the . . . ." he stopped dead, sensing something up ahead of them, though he was familiar with this sense.
"Are you sure that charging up ahead is such a bad idea; I'm detecting a boat load of undead up ahead, that would explain the rank smell." Right then, he caught on to an aura that only he could know.
"Ah, son of a half-spawned troll," Veraka cursed as he recognized a very old enemy.
((well since you're leaving it to me, I'm gonna bring in my arch-enemy as the other 'ally', if any of ya object to that, let me know))
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Zek without missing a beat" Ancient black dragon. With hardly any decent leather armor. Just bow arrows agility and a sword." He left it at that and to meet up" I have plenty of time in life to wait for that day." At the dead stop he shrugged and motioned" After you, I enjoy the sound of bones cracking breaking and being ground to dust. Just as long as it's not mine." He looked to his feline who's hackles were raising up and though silent she was moving back some before climbing up literally onto his shoulder so he could open up one of the bags and climb inside. He swore at times he'd rather have a dragon or displacer beast companion, it'd make life more entertaining. But the odd thing was that the two had an odd bond. Not even needing to use telepathy or psychic connections, the two knew what the other was thinking through sheer natural posturings and looks. At times if he wondered if the feline was a gift from a deity or something.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((works, as long as their a good storyline reason. but he cant conquer the guild or kill off the members....needed for later))

Inrii slowed as they neared the disturbance ahead.
the cat climbed to a safe spot, and Zarstra came back, '[i:2rc9b8sk]at the end of the tunnel[/i:2rc9b8sk].'
"undead, here? what next, dragons? tho Zek might would love it."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka looked to Zek, then back down the tunnel, he then sensed what Zek was referring to; a deep, deep evil dwelt within the tunnels; but he 'saw' the outline of his archenemy.
"Well then, ranger I hope that you're as good with those blades and that bow as you are with interrogating your suspects; because it's not only a black dragon down there, we're also gonna have to take on an old 'acquaintance' of mine, an elite vampire named Dacuda; and it looks like he brought company."
The storm warrior gave a grin at Zek; "you wish for bones to break, my friend. Wish granted!" And with that, Veraka charged ahead, his shield raised.
Like a gorilla on the rampage, he cannoned into one of the undead; the unfortunate zombie became pieces as the armored behemoth of a warrior plowed in. Pulling out Marala Vharc, Veraka started his bloody work on the undead, occasionally using his paladin abilities to turn the undead.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Looking at Inrii" You never know, they'll lurk anywheres. And hear that? You might get your armor afterall." He mused as he rushed in drawing out his longsword. For fun like this, he was going to have a blast. While veraka was handling most he had his fun with the others. The blackened blade severing the bones one minute only to be turned the next and use the face of the blade to start shattering bones. Swiftly a leg came up catching a skeleton by the neck and slammed him down as the foot slammed down onto the ribs. Sticking his sword into the skull he winged the skull at another one knocking the boney one down. As he was having fun he paid attention to his sword knowing that it was one he used frequently to fell dragons. The only concern he was was that it was more than a black dragon, but an undead one. Something that even he hated dealing with.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka, dealing with the majority of the undead, smiled as he cleaved another unfortunate undead down the center with Marala Vharc.
"Gods, I love my job!" he shouted as three skeletons rushed him, using longsword and shields; Veraka easily blocked a swing from one. Coming in low, he slashed hard, giving the skeleton a reason [b:32iz59jm]not[/b:32iz59jm] be standing anymore. The other tow skeletons came in on both his flanks; he grinned.

Jumping back and diving to his left, the storm warrior came out of his roll with a very sharp edge aimed at a skeley. Marala Vharc penetrated the skull with ease, and then, using his immense strength, Veraka crushed the skeleton into a pile of bones.
The remaining skeleton came at him; he stood in his position, holding his ground in a neutral stance. When the walking bonepile was within striking distance of him, Veraka merely swatted out with his shield arm; the results were funny.

"Ah, young Orden, again our paths cross," a voice came from behind him.
"Dacuda, and what in the Nine Hells is your scrawny ass doing here?" Veraka said, turning around to face the elite vampire.
"Oh nothing of note; well, I suppose that that's a lie. If your eyes will fall upon that ranger comrade of yours, then I believe that you will understand my reason for being here, at least one of them." After that, Dacuda vanished in an explosion of light and smoke; coughing at the smoke, Veraka laid his eyes upon a lich dragon.
"Ok well then, come on you over-sized bonehead, come and get me."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((sorry yall, internet issues. so hate computers))

As they were taking care of the skeletons with swords, Inrii threw acid arrows melting skeletons legs out from under them. Zarstra threw some magic missiles at them.
then a voice spoke as a fireball flew at the last bit of skeletons. she heard him then smoke and light were all that was left.
((a dracolich? :eek:) wait how does he fit in the narrow passage?) (i did cast some protection spells on yall...)

then a walking skeleton of dragon bones neared them. a globe of invulnverbility went around each as a massive breath of ice came at them.
Inrii rolled to the side, avoiding the brunt. her elemental shield protecting her from the cold.
the dragon reared up as a fireball hit him square in the chest. he slung his tail around to knock the three off their feet.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Zek had dealt with dragons for far too long to be caught off guard by a bone headed one. Shaking his head slowly as he dodged the breath attack by quickly diving and rolling out of the way. When the tail came in he jumped over it thankfully being near the tip end. As he evaded the tail he swung his sword down at the tail. he'd take the damnable thing down piece by piece. " Failed as a dragon in life, and failing in one even in death. Miserably wretch you are" he muttered partially in draconic and common. In a sense insulting the dragon to gain attention. Damn.. this was going to be one hell of a fight." Well.. how much do you wager he's the source of the magic?" He mused as he switched weapons from longsword to his bow and quickly notched an arrow taking aim at the head namely for the hollow eye sockets. There had to be a weak spot in the dragon, something to kill it. Of course with this, he also went to get the beast's attention so he could do his work, of course helping others as well" So.. Who's the old dead guy friend of yours?" he quipped as he hopped back from another attempted strike.

(( one mentioned black dragon, so why not dracolich? and no, I refuse to fight the next step of lichdom.))
Site, story being redone