The Vale of Shadow (Part 2)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

The Vale of Shadow (Part 2)

Post by Bhaern Quel »

OOC: We do not want to risk meltdown, post here soon
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

"Spider do make good use for posions. we can rest a while. how long do part humans need to rest?"
Inrii slid off Midnight, after Zek, and allowed him to graze the meadow around them.
numerous willows leaned over the warm water like a protective canopy, keeping it obscured from any flying over.
the warm water, the steam surrounding the place with a fog barrior and was a beautiful teal color and clear. the bottom was a good 30 feet bellow and it lead to underwater caves.
Zarstra was set down and she found a nice warm rock near the waters edge.
Inrii walked over to the far side of the largest tree and slipped her clothes off and piled them neatly beneath the tree on her pack. She unbraided her hair and let it fall around her; a slight covering. She then set her soap out on top of the pile.
She climbed up the tree and cannonballed in the warm water before anyone else got in.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Aasimar; and how long I need to rest, let's just say I go days on end before feeling the effects of fatigue, as for now, I believe 6 hours will be more than adequate."
They got to the springs, which were steaming. Veraka had to admit it felt nice to have a reprieve. As Aurora came to halt, he jumped off her back. The great wolf went over to the warm water and lapped up a couple good gulps of the liquid.

Veraka took off his pack and removed his own from it. After which he started unstrapping his armor. As he got about half way done, he heard a splash and looked around to see that the pyromaniac had already dunked herself in.
"Show off," he mused to himself as he got the remainder of his plating off and decided to go for a swim himself.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

the sun finally set and the last bit of the rays were slipping away.
Zarstra gathered a bit of wood and cast a fireball onto it.
Inrii floated in the water, making sure her hair floated around her.
She was a bit standoffish as the other entered. A small flashback filled her mind of that awful night. She shook her head to get rid of it. She felt very vulnerable at the moment; a sensation and feeling she hated.
she breathed out calmly trying to force herself to relax.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He watched the two of them and nodded some as he slid off of the horse." I hardly sleep, as for rest, I only rest on rare occasions. My body is used to conserving energy... if I do rest it's only for a few hours at a time, above where many could get me and if they do I'm aware that they're coming up. Sleeping lightly helps in that." Since everyone was in the water, it at least made it easier for him to hide his scars. Removing his weapons which that alone took awhile, the bags he had, the bow then the black bladed longsword of his, followed by the two belts of daggers and phials of poisons and other things were set down. If one considered what was in his four bags that he had on his belt he'd probably have enough gear for a small army. Finally the armor was to be shed off, unbuckling the straps the old black dragon hide was shed off. Once the arms were uncovered the scars were clearly seen for any whom would pay attention. The jagged lines criss-crossed each other forming an intricate if not crude webbed formation much like a rock was shattered by design. Muttering to himself" Good.. they're not glowing.. fiendish magic.." Shaking his head the rest was stripped off and even under the clothes he had weapons on his body. a couple straps around his legs with some blades. Taking both of his father's blades he attached them to the thigh straps and climbed up into a tree and dove into the water swimming down towards the deeper portions. Such deep water he did not trust fully he never did. Who knew what lurked in such depths and he never wanted to be caught off guard. Especially when in a sense there was two whom were under his care so to speak.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

She finally got herself under control. she kept her right hand covering a large mending wound on her chest that ran from her left clavicle to the top of her sternum.
another splash.
Inrii watched thru the clearness of the water as Zek swam down twords the cave. few would live in a hot spring. but being cautious was smart. She dived to looked around twords the source if the hot water with her magical sight.
when she spotted nothing she came back up.
The small fire from Zarstra reflected off the steamy water to give an orange glow.
"show off? well i could have done some fancy dive. but few beat a cannonball." she called across the oval spring.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

The heat was semi aggravating but then again he had dealt with dragon's fire, forge heat, volcanic regions. Things he had willingly subjected himself too. Looking around he slowly released small bits of air from his lungs before swimming back up. He had kept his hair back for the time and as he swam up he undid the bindings for his hair and let it loose as he slowly released more air from his lungs. Surfacing he took a breath and looked around." Looks alright, he said as he seemingly just floating there treading water thankful the water obscured the scars. He watched her and noticed the posture of her hand but said nothing about it.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka noticed how Zek dived for the deeper caves, but let it go upon hearing Zek give it the all clear. He merely floated in the spring, shaking his head at Inrii's comment of a fancy dive.
He floated there, letting the spring's water do its rejuvenation on his weary body. He felt pain from the mid-chest of his body; looking down, Veraka saw his own blood very slowly leaking out of an old wound, "blasted thing still hasn't sealed itself up," he cursed.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching he looked over seeing the bit of blood and spoke" You may want to have that looked at or covered when we get out of the water. I think I have some herbs I can make into an ointment you could put on it, and it should at least kill infection and heal the wound some.. or we do it the hard way and seal it closed with fire."
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((haha...so everyone has some old wound/scar...go figure...))

from her room she cursed again as the doppleganger laid there like a piece of burnt toast. "that's what I get for cheep labor." she slammed the scrying globe against the wall. her temper also cost her a pretty penny; but it never seamed to bother her.
She would need to keep a better eye on these travelers.
She got up from her seat and left her dwelling.
the rogues guild of Daggerfalls was small in comparison to ones she had been apart of before. She had recently come to management of this particualer guild thru, 'fortunate' circumstance. unfortunate for the former human.
her most recent recruit entered the back ally. the unusual elf looked up from her black cloak with rose colored eyes to see her boss standing at the other end with a wicked smile painted on her face.

with the clear water, the stain of his blood was obvious along with his cursing.
"it's a good thing some of Ashaba fish didnt dwell here. you'd done be eaten. but you may wanna care for that soon before you do attract something hungry."
as she treaded water the fire light gleamed of her silver hair that floated around her. "so no giants snakes or fish coming to play? a pity," she teased Zek, "what to do with such a serene place?"
she then slashed Zek and aimed it to get Veraka also, with her unused hand, then dived and swam down twords the bottom.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching her he chuckled" Only you would want to have something like that, then again it would make for a nice meal." At the splash he was about to counter splash when he dove back under to swim after her.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

painful memories and thoughts left and she just enjoyed the moment, her usual carefree self. she let herself forget for the time.
'war it is then.' she mentally laughed as he chased her underwater. She cheated and cast underwater breathing, she swam in zig zag random patterns down the 30'.
she grabbed the large rock at the bottom to sling herself to the right.
the sand was a whitish color and a few freshwater snails scuttled away as a few small fish to get away. she snagged one and held it like a 'dagger'. of course her hair was in the way, so she used it as a 'shield'.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He had trained himself to hold his breath for a long period of time Seeing her there he'd poise himself onto a rock holding it and braced his feet. Pushing off he'd all but dart at her purposely planning to miss her and swim past her. He planned on leading her on the chase now to wherever these tunnels and caves went. If worse came to worse he would cast water breathing on himself, but he preferred to use natural talents and abilities. As long as the tunnels went up and not down, he'd be happy if they went down he knew where they would eventually lead. A place that he and Inrii probably wouldn't want to go.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"That might be a good idea, this is an old wound, very old come to think of it. Best bet is to heal it with some herbs or whatever it is you suggested, then cauterize it with fire, use my sword for that," he said, at this thought, he pressed the wound, squelching any more blood that might come forth, even as water from Inrii's splash came in and hit him square in the face; he merely shook his head and accepted it for what it was.
Last edited by veraka on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((aw, the barbarian didnt get mad at the splash? lol...

yay, time to explore...ooo...i wonder if i can throw fireballs underwater?;))

the fish squirmed and she let it go.
He 'flew' past her twords the cave entrance.
she signed jokingly, [i:2kc5yp9m]and leave them up their alone with our unguarded stuff?[/i:2kc5yp9m].
Zarstra was up there and she wouldnt let anyone take Inrii's stuff.
the lizard crawled over to the water. she caught a few minnows as she noticed Veraka's bleeding. She remembered a plant Inrii used for an injury she had and knew it grew all over the forest. she found one growing at the base of one of the willows. Zarstra grabbed the bizarre flower and placed it on the warriors pack. she then proceeded to a warm rock near the fire to rest.
Inrii shrugged, 'lets see what in the cave then,' she said to herself as she swam into the entrance after Zek.

the narrow tunnel did 'L' curve and continue a good distance.
then it curved upwards and opened up into a large room. there was no shore inside. but a very tiny tunnel opening could be seen far above the water line. another underwater tunnel led deeper into the earth.