The Vale of Shadow (Part 2)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He saw the black market stuff and just grinned as he moved to start shopping. Grabbing various things, poisons, potions that exploded if one shattered them.. things that could make someone's life a living hell. He had money, gems and items that he carried that had some hefty monetary value. Thinking for a moment he looked to the shop keeper as he pulled out the necklace he found" How much you willing to pay for this little artifact?" He asked without looking at the man as he was doing shopping. Of course he was looking for anything that somehow could have been in his family." Also.. Any info on the lovely tower here in town?"
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((i was trying to keep conversation going till everyone caught up...but it didnt matter anyway.))

Inrii turned to the shopkeeper who was interested in the painting as the pebble flew past. she gave veraka, 'i saw that' look.
"I'll sell it for supplies and information."
he nodded then turned to the other who asked. he thought about how he could answer in his little grasp of the tongue. "no allowed in. guards. dangerous."
he examined the necklace before giving a price. then took out a magical gem. "deal?"
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He nodded some" Just what I wanted to hear." To him it meant something big. Looking at the magical gem he moved over setting the various things he was looking at down. Rope, knock out potions that could be attached to arrows and knock the guards out. Or thrown and have the same effect. Poisons, some artifacts he knew about nothing special but something he liked." Nice gem." He grabbed one of his bags off of his belt and opened it up." Do you have anything... special?" He asked as he reached into the bag and pulled out a couple things. A couple platinum pieces, some gems including a flawless diamond, and one small dragon scale." Last of my scales." looking to the others" See... my profession has perks.." Some of which he got in payment, others were form other things. He had more but for dealing with black market items he knew that the more rare and pricey the items the better deals one could get.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka gave Inrii a grin that said 'I'll do it again.' He then asked her, "What sorta information are you looking for anyway?"
He glanced at Zek upon hearing the ranger speak, "perks indeed, my friend; are you sure that you didn't 'chance' upon a few of those items," Veraka asked, giving a wry smile.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"anything useful," she replied, "last time I was here, I ended up in the midst of a guild war."

Kareah thought about what he could want. then looked around and motioned for the three to follow to a secret door. he opened it and motioned for them to enter the storage.
"answers?" he shrugged. "specials, I got!"
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He chuckled some hearing Veraka, " Both." he said plainly casually like it was nothing. Looking to her then the keeper he nodded" Now we're talking."
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii signed, [color=blue:2qzbzwys]watch for a trap. he's being too helpful. [/color:2qzbzwys]
She let Zarstra down, also to look for anything suspecious.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding he signed back ' I know if it's trouble, it'll mean free goods for us.'
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka looked to the two drow that were exchanging info in drow silent; knowing that he himself did not understand any of that, he merely went along with it.
Veraka did, however, notice Zarstra snooping about in a curious, but suspicious way.
[i:3elbcab1]And what are you doing exactly?[/i:3elbcab1] he asked the lizard; as he did this, he noticed a shift in the shopkeeper's aura.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((i figured u'd asked zarstra...))

Inrii wasnt able to get a spot to cast a telepathic link unseen. Zarstra sent word from Inrii, 'she [i:2vk6azui]says watch for traps. he's acting funny. cant say alouded, dont wont him to catch it."[/i:2vk6azui]

Inrii stopped at the door, waiting to see if Kareah would enter or if he was planning on trying to trap them. when he urged them on in, she drew her Dancing Shiv and twirled to get behind him, holding it up to his throat. the keen edge drew a drop of blood.
"who?" she demanded.
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Unsheathing one of his daggers it lightly thumbed the edge looking at the man." You have a choice, you tell us what we know and stop playing the dumb man act. Or I let her cut you to ribbons. Also tell us why you are so anxious to see us to where you're leading us. Of course.. don't work with us and I'll personally make sure the pain lasts for an eternity." whether that was true or not who knew. But the man had two drow on him which was not good.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka noticed how quickly both of his drow compatriots caught on to the shopkeeper's shift in persona; turning around, he kept an eye on the main doorway.

He then noticed the increase in number voices that were outside; "whatever you two are doing in there; either get it outta sight, or make it quick." Veraka didn't like it when people caught on to certain situations, this being one of them.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He shook his head hearing Veraka and the voices." I'm sure a shady town like this has an escape route here especially one like him, lets go find it, and deal with him, kill him knock him out whatever works. I'd feel better digging my blades into something that deserves it."
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((grrrr to internet! i can even use my spell checker cheater...so warning, I spell horrible!))

Inrii about slid the dagger across his exposed throat when an idea hit her. as much as she might have wanted to, and she might still, she may need him for leverage. she pushed him into the door and closed it behind him. then cast disguise on her to appear like the male.
"I hate this, i'm a dusgusting male rivvil! no snickers outa yall." her voice still the same.
she then made her voice sound hourse and walked to the door, "family business. must close today."
the folks gave her a look then some dispersed.
she closed the door, locked it, and cast darkness over the two small windows.
with her own voice, "ok, now things are back to the normal for this town..."
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Shaking his head slowly and muttered slowly leaning against the wall near the door. Of course it was the semi controlled guard position. When she came back he nodded and went to open the door" I don't trust the man to be shut in there long enough.." He knew how spontaneous humans could be and it disgusted him especially after he'd complete a job only to be betrayed the next... The city deserved it..so what if it was ruined now.
Site, story being redone