The Vale of Shadow (Part 2)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Pity; I was actually looking forward to smashing some unfortunate bastard's skull in."
Veraka then turned to Zek; "you don't seem like the type to trust anyways, Zek; so why the comment?"
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Inrii dismissed the spell. "no I dont trust him neither, I just wanted to see what trap he intened."
she began to think, to figure out who got to him and why.
Meriah had won the guild and Inrii guessed she still was in command. maybe someone from another faction?
Inrii turned to Zek, knowing he would, "your good at it, find answers from him."
turing to Veraka, "need to keep an eye out for anything in here suspecious. you know closest how these humans might think...you will get plenty of smashing probably in the tower. especially if he's wanting to keep us out."
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He looked at Veraka and spoke" because I know low lifes, as well as the black market, they'd sell you out at a moment's notice if it meant coin for them." Opening the door he sheathed one blade and unsheathed another, a more crude and cruel looking blade as he moved into the room closing the door behind him" You and I are going to have a chat." he said plainly like it was business and casual.

((Beware the chaotic male drow!))
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka nodded at Zek's reasoning behind his motives; then watched the ranger go into the room where they stowed the shopkeeper.
"Let em do what they specialize in, I always say."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((hehehe...wait till Inrii is really ticked...'enter the inner dragon'...love chaotic characters! never know what their gunna do next.))

Inrii paced a bit, trying to unsort the jumbled mess they entered.
[color=green:2abwqv3n]'just like last time. I come in the middle of something[/color:2abwqv3n].'
"why didnt I specialize in interrigation tatics?" more a joke at herself. she had just gotten over her annoynace with Alya and now this.
While Zek interigated the male, she went thru the shop gathering equipment for the last half of the treck, especially waterskins. he had little of those types of supplies on hand.

(( :? so who does he work for and why do they want to keep us out of the tower...that is the question. :p if yall have ideas you wanna try, welcome to imput. wanna keep yall from being bored.))
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((could be like sorta double-agent type a guy, like reports to Alya, but then also some unknown player))
"You on interrogation techniques, now that would be interesting, though, I'd prefer not to see what you could to that idiot that Zek's got his claws in right now."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

(( mind lacks creativity right now.. next post maybe but for now... mind if I take 'control' of the guy for a moment? >.>))

Once the door was closed he moved up to the man whom was already crawling away reaching for something." Ah.ah.ah... I wouldn't do that if I were you..." Grabbing the man's leg he dragged him back into the middle of the room. The man probably all but screaming having seen apparent murder in the drow's eyes.. or something worse, it was debatable.

There was the sound of body hitting body, clearly zek beginning the interrogations, a scream followed then muffled." Shhh.... no one is going to help you. No one will pay attention to you scream." He moved down over the man lightly pressing the tip of the blade on the cheek near the eye" Now.. answer my question, or I'll start showing you the meaning of true fear. Tell me about the tower, everything. You work in the underground market, tell me everything you know, and I'll let you out of here." The problem was, he never said if it was alive or dead. or how many pieces.

It was disturbing the severe fluctuations that he could show. Nature was chaotic, it was not good or evil. Neither was he, as nature did as it wished without recourse he did the same. It was nature after all.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((yeah go ahead, he just a NPC.))

Inrii's keen ears heard much of what occured behind the door. "he's effective, thats for sure."
----
Alya scryed in on the store after word from her spy of the 3's movements. she watched the scene, also curious about this shop keeper who was supose to be working for her.
"if their's anything left of the guy, I may have to make a visit," the drow replied.
"nothing can get in the way. they must make it to the Vale," the fey'ri replied coldly.
"I find it odd then that you sent them to the tower."
"if they cant survive that, how are they gunna survive what comes after..."

((feel like a pawn yet?))
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

(( If this was wod, I would be more afraid. hence the old addage, Bishop take pawn))

With some prying he got some answers good ones. How to get into the tower beneath the vision or detection of the guards. Perfect old human cities used to be forts and those forts had tunnels. This place was no different it seemed. This was of course was rewarded by the drow's chaotic malicious streak, as he ran the blade down to the corner of the mouth and started to cut in slightly and slowly." Now.. tell me about how do we get past the magic, how do we disable it and take what is within." He spoke low flicking his blade slightly only to cause the now defunct eye to disappear into the shadows as rat food. " I do not enjoy being toyed with human, nor do I enjoy being lead some wheres by an over zealous meatbag. Now, if you would be oh so kind.. as to give up the information we need, we'll let you go grovel to where your masters are. And if I catch word that you described us to your authorities. You will wish that you were never born. Got it?"
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((queen teases bishop into submission...*cracking of whip*....mahahaha
i think when i looked up dagger falls, after discovering it actually exist already, it was some magical effect. but since we can decide whatever...))

"what makes you think that?" she jokingly ask the warrior, "i'd get too carried away? or as Zek put it, my overzealous application of fire?"
Inrii then took her pack and put the painting back in and the necklaces. then pulled out a cookie to munch on till the ranger was done.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((Having fun with the chess theatrics you two?))
"Both," Veraka replied as Zek went on with his 'thorough' interrogation, Veraka could make out some distinct, if not disturbing, sounds emanating from the closed door.
"Not to mention that from what I've seen in you, your victim wouldn't last more than a minute, and I'm being optimistic with that number."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

( We're having a blast)

Eventually after the long moment of silence he opened the door idly cleaning his blade and looked at them." Alright, we'll take what we want. here and take the little tunnel past the guards and to the tower. From there, there should be a very narrow passage on the tower that we can go with minimal risk from the magic. From there, we can go have fun. There should be a magic device near the top that uses the magic. Disable that for a time and we can get out filthy rich." he said nothing about the man's condition, whether he was alive or dead, there would be no real way for the man to communicate. At least not normally and without magical means.. of course normally may not be for a long time too..
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((hehehe...queen rules them all! of course i have a cool chess set, pawns are dragons, and the bishop a wizard, horses for knight, castle for rook and so forth carved from wood and bought in belguim.))

Inrii laughs at the comment as the door opened.
"sounds like you had fun. lets pack what we can and go. i do wonder why he knew of it and Alya didnt, odd. but I supose will see."
Inrii gathered what she could of use. they would still need to buy stuff for the trip after the city.
when everyone was done, "alright, I guess your showing us the way. I hadnt been under the city."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((Obviously :roll: ))
"Since you're not making any comment about our 'friend's' state of being, I'm just gonna assume he's done speaking permanently and that's that."
When the ranger said that they'd get out filthy rich, Veraka merely smiled and shook his head; "Zek, both your thinking and methodology of dealing with situations reminds me of a certain eccentric, shotel-wielding assassin that I know."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Shrugging slowly he spoke" Not really he squealed too much, almost got my clothing bloodied and bled like a stuck pig." Nodding slowly as he'd lead the way grabbing different supplies." Simple, he's working for someone, and I think she's lieing to us. A lot of human settlements were forts, forts used tunnels to travel from point a to point b unseen which allowed them to move quickly to different points to protect the fort. Also was good for storage and sleep. He motioned to the narrow alcove" our path's there. It's an escape route from here for one and two, it exits conveniently close to the tower behind where the guards are. " Hearing Veraka he shrugged." I'd like to meet this assassin. And no.. he's not dead, though he might be by the time we're done with the tower. Don't worry if he squeels, he'll be stuck like a pig anyways."
Site, story being redone