On The Shores of Despair Pt. 2

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" Verake I would not like to take a chance of you losing a object so dear to you. When we get to the out post you could go throw your things and cut a peace of cloth from your blanket or tunic this would do well I think. Adain says we will be there before night fall. " She suggested.

" It is your call of course, what is what is important is that your Aurora recognizes you throw what ever object we send, but perhaps a piece of cloth is easier to be carried in talons.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Perhaps you are correct on that," he said with a slight relief, putting the totem back around his neck.
"I do hope that we reach this outpost soon."
He turned to Adian, "my fellow paladin, how much further, time wise, would you guess we have till we reach our destination?"
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

((I'm being kept offline, should be able to get back by Wednesday.))
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

At mid day Biot became hungry, he seemed to be burning energy a lot faster than usual.

"Adian do you think there's time for us to stop for a quick lunch? Or should we eat on the go?"

Biot - Half Drow half ..... (Class: Dragonlord)
Nix - Drow (Class: Arcane archer)

Only the dead have seen the end of war.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" I have some of the meat left from this morning Biot hear in my bag and there is some bread and apples on the pack horse." she rooted around in her bag and found the meat. "here you are Biot, i think it will only be a few hours now, any one else for a peice of meat we should finish it up." she unwrapped it and passed it around. " You can reach over to the pack horse and get a loaf from that bag on top Biot, help your self when ever you get hungry that is what it is there for. That should tide you over untile we get there, the apples are in there too. Unless you want to stop Adian.
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

Biot looks at the piece of meat in his hands and starts eating it like he hasn't eaten in days.

"Thank you Cinder, I didn't realize how hungry I was until you gave me the meat. I'll help myself to a piece of bread since you don't mind. Thanks again!" He said while he wiped his month clean.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The aasimar looked to Cinder; "While I'm not as hungry as our friend, Biot, here is, I do believe that letting that go to waster is useless; I think that's a good idea, Cinder," he said as he grabbed a piece of the delectable meat and started to munch on it.

Finishing it off, he nodded to Cinder, "very tasty, indeed."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder remained quiet for the remaining of the journey to the out post
riding behind Adain she watched the violet light over his left shoulder that know one else seemed to see wile she coiled her hair around her fingers artfully, a habit that she was never able to break despite her grandmothers efforts. She had studied with her magus about lights of different colors that could be sometimes seen around different beings. She was deep in thought as the silents in her mind whispered to her.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Let's keep going," Adian said. "Look."

Rising above the snow-covered forest ahead of them atop a ridge was the outpost...little more than an outer wall surrounding a stone and wood reinforced building that seemed to be hunched down against the cold. There were a couple of men walking the walls, heavily bundled and armed with spears and bows...relatively easy-to-replace weaponry.

"About an hour we should be at their gate...assuming they have one. Let's hope our employer's message about us got here ungarbled."

If it hadn't, the men were unlikely to react favorably to drow on their doorstep. The tragedy was that under normal circumstanced they would be right to do so.
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

Nearing the outpost a flaming arrow passes right by Biot's head, with a deep voice screaming when the arrow disappeared into the snow.

"Halt, who dares approach the outpost!?!"

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Hearing the voice, Veraka just sighed and kept himself ready for whatever might happen next;
"So much for this going smoothly," he said, drawing his shield from behind his back in-case the guards decided to release more arrows.

He turned to Adian; "Alright my friend; I'll let you do the talking, but should they require someone, who's well, not drow, do let me try and persuade them."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder Rode up to Adain "my bow is ready say the word Adain and my arrows shall be upon them."
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"No fighting," Adian said quickly, making sure that his silver necklace featuring the face of the Dark Maiden was clearly visible. "These are not evil men. Only cautious ones."

[i:3lqqqzug]At least I hope so.[/i:3lqqqzug]

He rode forward, keeping his hands in plain sight, his head and eyes still protected from the daylight by his hood.

"We are here on the behalf of Pyoro, priest of Bitterleaf," he said loudly and clearly. "Looking into the recent disappearances at Teardrop Lake. We were told that a message had been sent ahead of us."

Already he could seem to feel the tides of suspicion from the outpost. He held his ground, though. Posturing would only make things worse. The next move was theirs.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Keeping her bow down she watch and listened carefully at the ready.

Cinder pulled her white hood over her head as they approached the out post opening her mind trying to read their mood and anticipate their every move.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((shalom yall. i was able to get internet for a bit. tomarrow starts week 2...120 something kids too...oy. but i figured id post a little something since i got a few minutes.))

Zarae continued in solitude. her mind wondered over numerous events, especially how to find the band and deal with them. she hated being alone, having to leave her companions, but deep down, she knew it was best, it was right. a soft voice spoke to her telling her they would be ok.
she only hoped they got her note on the back of the scroll (a water breathing scroll) and the fire berries. the temperture was dropping rapidly as Moonlight trudged thru the snow. he was quiet also, feeding off her mixed thoughts and emotions.
Zarae rubbed his neck in reassurance. soon she would need to stop and let him rest. so looking for a shelter was now occupying her surface thoughts.
ahead was an out croping and a few boulders surrounded by thick trees.
"it will work," she said to the mount.
Moonlight trotted to it and Zarae slid off his back. digging thru her pack, she found his blanket and threw it on him. now she needed to make a shelter for herself.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~